q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 6 years ago

Just got a Switch and Mario. Long shot, but looking for Zelda BOTW for Switch if anyone is done with theirs. I can trade:

1) Ultra Street Fighter 2 for Switch
2) RBI Baseball 2017 for Switch
3) Generic pinball parts, pingulps, etc.
4) Blu rays, 4Ks, digital movies/TV, etc.
5) Resident Evil 5 digital code for Xbox

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Go buy BOTW well worth the price have not played a Zelda this good in a long time........ How was SF2 for switch? Worth buying?

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's overpriced, but we're pinball maniacs so what's $40? I like the redrawn HD graphics and new music, but you can play it classic style if you want. Controls with Joycons are surprisingly good, even tho purists will balk. Violent Ken & Evil Ryu are overpowered so online play is annoying if opponents pick them. It's not perfect, but it's fun to have a portable SF2 of this quality.

Buy mine for $30 shipped!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I have the Switch and playing BOTW on a 27" ACER Predator Monitor in 2K however the switch is a 720p resoultion and the monitor is upscaling but it still looks great.

How does that compare with a normal 1080p HDTV? That's what I'm using with Mario (both Kart and Odyssey) and think it looks great. Not noticing any fog issues, though I haven't tried Zelda yet.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

The progress is 720p, 1080p, 1440p 2k, 2160p 4k. Its the number of pixels the screen can display from top to bottom. In the old TV's it is the number of scan lines. More pixels = greater detail/resolution. Upscaling will take a lower resolution and upscale it the higher by filling in the difference. As far as the fogging issue, mine looks great but I think that it is the aesthetic that they wanted to use.

I have a 65" OLED for 4K and 3D purposes, so I am somewhat familiar with how pixels work.

Planning to hook the Switch up to my cheaper Vizio 1080p with soundbar though.

#165 6 years ago

Breath of the Wild. Definitely on my buy list.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

No Virtual Console yet. When it launches though Nintendo will give you a free game monthly if you buy the online service @ $20/year (I believe).

Any idea if digital games purchased on Wii stay with your account and can be played on Switch?

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

once I can get BOTW for 20 bucks

Let me know where you find that deal. The new Explorer Edition comes out in a couple of weeks at $59.99, so that should put a bit of downward pressure on used copies of the plain title. I'm seeing about $40 for used BOTW copies now.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Around 325 right now. There is so much game after the story is done. Such a great title. On a side note I finally managed to figure out some of the more complex jumps
https://twitter.com/B_Pennington/status/928084910258110464

What is this sorcery?

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Do not overlook Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Probably my overall favorite game on the system, and yes that includes BotW and SMO.

Just looked it up. Is it like the XCOM series?

Edit: looks like a yes, so adding this to my want list along with Zelda. If anyone wants Ultra SF II or RBI Baseball, or pinball parts, lemme know!

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

8/10.def not 10/10 game

Hard to find fault with that well-reasoned argument.

#244 6 years ago

Anyone else enjoying the music as much as I am?

1 month later
#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there a Nintendo store where you can go in and buy games like donkey Kong and all of the old Nintendo classics and play them on the switch? If so, how much does a old game like donkey Kong cost?

Google "Nintendo eshop" and you'll find it. You'll also find that selection for those older games is really poor at the moment. Too bad as I'm looking to own the older Zelda and Mario games on my account forever, and not just on the game device I currently own.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#595 6 years ago

Kinda cool that this thread lives on and likely will for years. RIP eggbert, you master troll, you.

3 months later
#1014 5 years ago

In that spirit, anyone want Mario Tennis Aces for $45 shipped? Like new condition.

5 months later
#1818 5 years ago

I KNOW that Mr. Nintendo is reading this thread and I IMPLORE him to add Skyward Sword to the eshop so that I don't have to buy a Wii U to play a missed Zelda game. Please Mr. Nintendo!!

3 months later
2 months later
#2179 4 years ago

After 120 hours on Octopath Traveler, it's time to say goodbye.

Mint condition, $38 shipped Paypal F&F to the lower 48.

4 months later
#2521 4 years ago

Witcher 3 and BOTW should not even be compared IMO. Completely different games.

I must be a slow gamer because I'm getting way more than 10 hours out of the new Link's Awakening game. Loving it as I never completed the Game Boy version.

#2544 4 years ago

Yes. If I heard that someone loves BOTW, my response would not be to recommend Witcher 3. Maybe HZD instead. Similarly, if someone loves Witcher 3, I would not recommend BOTW. Maybe Octopath Traveler or Skyrim instead.

#2549 4 years ago

Just finished Link's Awakening and loved it. Will likely list it soon, so if anyone here wants it for $48 shipped let me know.

#2555 4 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I’ll take it if no one else has called dibs yet. PM me your PayPal info and I’ll send you Payment and my address. Thanks!

Great, sending PM now.

#2563 4 years ago

The sailing was in lieu of lengthy load screens, yes yes? That's what I read long ago. I also didn't finish Windwaker, but that was primarily because I was using a borrowed GameCube.

Any recs on how to play Ocarina in the best resolution possible? I could fire up my OG N64, but would need to find an HDMI converter. Would gladly buy an HD remaster instead. Are you listening, Nintendo?

#2567 4 years ago

I am officially in the market for a WiiU now.

1 month later
#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Just picked one up this past weekend. I forgot how brutal Nintendo is with their game prices. Super Mario Odyssey came out 2 years ago....still $50.00 retail. Luckily my buddy let me borrow his copy.

Check slickdeals or other deal sites before you buy. Target had BOTW and Mario for $30 each over the weekend.

2 weeks later
#2768 4 years ago

I put my free Nintendo online subscription to good use

Screenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-30 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-30 (resized).png
3 months later
#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's funny that you posted this right before this happened to me:
I have a friend that works @ target so I was making my way to his store around 9am on friday. as I was walking to the electronics department, there was a young couple walking in the same direction in front of me. they both weren't wearing jackets (it was in the upper 30s outside) and had long nametag lanyards hanging out of their pockets so I attributed this to the fact that they were target employees.
as I reached the electronics department, the employee there if she could help me find anything. I told her that I was there to pick up animal crossing. upon hearing that, the couple in front of me (which were proceeding past the dept.), turned around and informed me that the gamestop in the strip mall next door was open and that they had animal crossing in stock and that I should buy it there.
I respectively told them that I was here and they had the games (and target was giving a free journal with the game), so why would I leave to go to gamestop? their response was that gamestop was open early and that they had the game IN STOCK! again, I replied, why would I go there when I came here to get the game and target obviously had the game in stock?
they continued to argue with me that I should give my business to gamestop. I can't believe their audacity (and the fact that target's security didn't come and throw them out of the store)
this was really a cheap and low down thing to do and makes me view gamestop in even a darker light than before

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait, I dont' get it. Were they actually Gamestop employees?

This reminds me of one of my favorite Ken Ms:

Daniel Stern (resized).jpgDaniel Stern (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3077 4 years ago

The Touryst is now on sale for $13.99. I took the plunge.

4 months later
3 weeks later
#3445 3 years ago

Not sure I get the appeal of the Game & Watch.

I likely will buy the Mario 3-pack as I've only played Galaxy.

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know what would be great, is a re-do of Skyward Sword to NOT USE THE STUPID WII CONTROLS. That would be awesome. That is all.

It's been so long, but I enjoyed Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4 on the o.g. Wii, especially aiming and shooting bow and guns. Is the complaint about swinging the nunchuk for sword slashes?

3 months later
#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If anyone is a fan of Zelda BotW, Immortals: Fenyx Rising is quite fun. I’ve already put 10 hours in and am very much enjoying it. The previews really don’t do it justice. It shows like a BotW copy but after playing it feels much more unique with open-world/puzzle similarities. Some reviews say that it feels like a knock-off brand BotW, I feel this is misleading and inaccurate. I think a better comparison is something like Apple vs Microsoft. This feels like Microsoft. BotW feels like Apple. BotW is so smooth and just feels like it’s very thought out and designed for your enjoyment but only through Nintendo’s parameters. This feels more like Microsoft in that they throw options at you and you have more freedom to make it what you want it to be. Long winded comment, but summarized it’s a really fun game.

10 hours in now, and it's good! I bought the PS4 version due to the free upgrade to PS5, but I'm sure it's largely the same experience. I bought this instead of Cyberpunk 2077 for obvious reasons, but that's something to save for a non-Switch thread.

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The mouse cursor on console just made me cringe.

I had the same reaction to the cursor, but the controls don't bother me. R1 for sword, R2 for axe works well enough. I'm not a fan of having to hit two buttons to parry, but can deal with it. My problem is finding pink gems to upgrade armor. I'm getting crushed by certain unique opponents.

3 weeks later
#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I saw Civilization for $10.

I have it and don't play it. Civ or any sort of RTS is way better/easier on PC, so I wouldn't recommend it.

4 weeks later
#3657 3 years ago

Skyward Sword HD! Keep 'em coming, please.

3 weeks later
3 months later
#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, it's golf, the most boring sport of all time. I'm shocked they still make video games of it. As much as I love Mario, I don't think I've ever bought a Mario sports title. Easy pass.

You are missing out if you don't try Golf Story. Great game and pretty cheap.

3 weeks later
#3868 2 years ago

My issue is the controls. When playing Twilight Princess on Wii, I loved the motion controls with the nunchuks, which were big enough to be comfortable. These joy-cons are just too small for my hands and I think my right thumb is going to cramp eventually.

I can switch to the Pro controller, but then pushing a tiny joystick left, right, up or down to control the direction of my sword strike isn't really working as well as a push button system like BOTW.

1 year later
#4316 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My Foo Fighters LE was delivered today…but I’m prob just gonna keep playing Zelda

Just started. I want to take a week off work and explore Hyrule.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=jayhawkai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.