q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 6 years ago

Thanks for posting. This convinced me to get Mario soon. I loved 64 but felt like each title after that didn't really meet the bar. They were fun, but by the time I got to Galaxy I lost interest before I finished the game. I REALLY like Zelda. I'm playing it into the ground.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

breath of the wild is a place you can LIVE for literally months and have a good time. I wouldn’t rush to Mario (no matter how good it is) until you’ve had your full serving of BoTW. Mario will still be around. Don’t rush. Savor.

Sounds like we're on the same page. I play Zelda games super thorough. I had found all but a few shrines and beat all but few missions before beating Ganon. Then I went back and found more shrines, maxed out my armor, etc. Then I downloaded the extra content. I just beat the master trials. I have one or two shrines I still haven't found and I'll pick up the rest of the armor but I'm probably about ready to pick up Mario. Zelda has been really really good. Like a lot of the recent Mario games, I had started to feel like they were just rehashing Zelda over and over and it had gotten corny with too much dialogue. This on was like a breath of fresh air.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ordered a switch and odyssey online and it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to crack it open this weekend with my 12 year old daughter. It's tough to find 2 player couch co-op's these days that are worth playing. Everything is online focused which I have had no interest in since my Warcraft days.

My (4-year-old) son and I play the Lego games in co-op mode. They're pretty good. I liked Lego Star Wars (The Force Awakens) a lot. We started on Lego Batman but it's not as good as the Star Wars one. While I've been playing these particular games on the PS4 I think they have them for the Switch as well. They're really good for cooperative play because a lot of the stuff you need to rely on the other to help get through.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

the multiplayer is fantastic for playing with a young child, but I could see it being pretty boring if playing with 2 capable players.

Yep, my son is 4 1/2 and has a good time with the game. I'm surprised its not more frustrating actually. From what I can tell player 1 still has full control over Mario so if your extra player is eating candy instead of doing what he's supposed to in the game you can still play just fine.

I play with the two joycons detached and my son uses the Pro Controller for cappy.

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Weapon breakage in Zelda is absolute dog-turd level trolling by Nintendo. Even if the durability of weapons was doubled, it still would've been annoying, but not insanely so. What kind of retarded monsters and thieves carry around weapons that break after 5 hits? The game desperately needed some kind of forging system to create more durable weapons.

I really liked that aspect of the game. It added a whole strategy as far as what weapons to hold, how to spend your seeds to increase your storage capabilities, etc. It also makes sense that a stick is not as durable as forged sword.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It made sense that a stick would break and maybe some other wooden items. Metal swords constantly breaking is not realistic nor enjoyable. Maybe getting dull sure. There's a reason why almost everyone abandoned that concept long ago, it's super annoying, lol. The Witcher's system was also super annoying with your swords getting dull but at least it was realistic.
Going back to the comments above that it's probably not for me, it's probably that I don't like open world games that don't have a story (or have a mediocre story). Hence why I don't really like GTA5 either but loved Red Dead Redemption. Also, I think critics and users are sometimes not in the same ballpark as far as reviews go. So like on Metacritic:
Critic score:
BOTW 97%
Horizon 89%
Witcher 3 92%
User reviews:
BOTW 84%
Horizon 83%
Witcher 3 92%
The user reviews mirror more of what I feel except for I'd have horizon higher. For me, being from Nintendo does not equal 'free pass' on lack of story and other things standard in 2017 because I wouldn't cut any other game slack for it. Maybe I've played way too many games too, my xbox gamerscore is like almost 50,000.

I don't think there are any right or wrong answers. The scores sometimes annoy me too and I get why you could feel like there is a bias. Witcher 3 looks cool as hell though. I think I'm going to get it.

1 week later
#332 6 years ago

The nice thing is that people seem to be able to actually buy a switch. All the availability problems in the past have been annoying.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=jam_burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.