q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 6 years ago

Bought Mario last night..

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#185 6 years ago

I'm at like 85 and haven't even started on the 4th world. Only missing the last 8 on Tostarena(sp?), and the game refuses to give me any more hints so... *middle finger* right at ya, Nintendo. I'm not going to aimlessly run around for hours on end. It's bad enough that the 'hints' are only the location where the thing can actually spawn. I realized last night that Mario 64 had a much better system, because at least the name of the section would give you SOME general idea of what the hell you're looking for. SMO just marks it on a map, and it could be anywhere vertically in the level, or hidden in an interior location that's much bigger than the immediate area outside where it shows up on the map? Super irritating.

#208 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm at like 135 after last night with my 5th world not sucked dry of extra 'easy' moons yet. No spoilers needed, but I'm having a hard time fathoming that this game still has like 800 moons lying around. Doing some simple math, either the later worlds are stupendously massive in size (2x Tostarena size) or there's an awful lot of them.

some of the advanced jumping tricks required to get to some of these things is beyond ludicrous. Props to the design team for making things that are difficult but achievable... I just have to wonder if *I'll* ever 'get gud' enough to get to them all. =\

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

it makes more sense after you complete the story.

Getting there. About to just blow through it because there doesn't seem to be any benefit whatsoever to collecting more than the needed number up front.

#214 6 years ago

Not using a guide until I absolutely have to.

Still in shock that someone already 100%'ed this in one sitting, and it was only 17 hours and 20 minutes.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There are so many moons that you just idk how you’d find them.

Someone did? I mean...even at 135, we've found moons in the most retarded places imaginable. I know where one is that I just *CAN'T* GET TO because I'm not good enough with manipulating the hat yet to cross a giant poison pit.. I can't see it, but I know it's over there because:

Every internal moon location has two moons, and the only place I haven't been to, is the far side of that one room. I made it across the middle room on a few attempts, but this other one basically requires me to make that perfect jump series three times to get across? FML.

Literally: Look EVERYWHERE, even places you think should be impossible to go. I haven't found any benefit to it YET, but like for example...(ERMAGERD MINOR SPOILERS HERE) when you go back to the very first tutorial stage, and can take over the paratroopa goombas, you can actually APPARENTLY fly *under* the hats that are down in the mist. I've only checked one so far, no idea if there's a hidden moon under one of the others, but hey...now I have to go check them all. >_<;;

#221 6 years ago

Yeah, I haven't played with the controllers in the shell or attached to the system, feels very unnatural. 2 player co-op is like "ludicrous challenge mode" as well. Like just the lack of camera rotation without holding down a button kills 2 player for me. Over 200 after my New Donk City run last night. =P

I guess that's part of my complaint. If I need to use any kind of guide to find more than..oh... 5% of the moons, I'll be surprised. The game gives a lot of hints, at least on the inital runthrough. I have three amiibo that I was cycling through on the hint bot when trying to get extra moons, but I've stopped doing that until I finish the story. Typically getting the 3 from the hints takes long enough that the 5 minute timer is reset before I get back, but I've also made terribly inefficient use of the map warp. Heh. =)

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

l, I'll just buy moons 10 at a time in the shop.

Good luck with that....

I'm sitting around 3k coins right now. Heard you need something like 10x that to buy everything, but I haven't run into any money issues yet.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Avi8er:

Some possible good news (for me at least), Jeff Kaplan (the director of overwatch) has confirmed that, "I'm loving the Switch! My second favorite gaming platform of all time is the 3DS. Getting OW on the Switch is very challenging for us. But we're always open minded about exploring possible platforms." How do you all feel about this and other big title games possibly getting ported over to the switch?

I already have 3 copies of Overwatch so....nope.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

the multiplayer is fantastic for playing with a young child, but I could see it being pretty boring if playing with 2 capable players.

Fantastic if it's 2 young kids, maybe. Playing with your own kid? Frustrating as hell, and my 7 year old is a pretty competent Overwatch player. The camera is dumber than a sack of bricks. The game isn't designed for that. They need options to change the camera distance from Mario, or to have it be static facing the direction Mario is, in order for 2p co-op to be viable, IMO. Having to stop, hold down a button, then use the stick to rotate the camera sucks. :\

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

I use a set of joy-cons and my son plays as Cappy with one single joy con. Eliminates most problems except when he throws crappy and forgets to reel him back in.

Oh, see, I still only have the 2 it came with. I didn't know you could DO that. I needed to buy an extra set for Bomberman anyways, so there's another reason! That makes WAY more sense LMFAO.

#254 6 years ago

I don't have a pro controller. And I wouldn't buy one over 2 extra Joycons because that still leaves us with someone sitting out for 4-player bomberman. I mean, really...honestly...I kinda feel like they should've been able to have wiimotes be compatible with the stupid thing or sell an adapter. THAT is my only whinge about the system itself.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Because Wii Remotes require an IR sensor to work. The Pro Controller is fantastic though, pick one up at some point.

"require" is a dubious word. Certainly didn't "require" one when I held it sideways to play VC games, and there's no technical reason the nunchuck itself needs the IR camera. Might get real janky for them having to fix certain sections of the game to work well, specifically things that might've been handled with the IR bar (reticles onscreen)

There's nothing in the JoyCons that would need the IR that a wiimote can't already do aside from HD rumble. Might not be as precise as the gyros in a Joycon, but wiimotes did have accelerometers for things like flick/shake detection.

*edit* I guess I should've been more specific. I only wanted to use a wiimote really as a sideways Joycon functions, not as a full replacement for Joycons.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Because the switch is a new experience with HDrumble etc. Wiimotes would not allow the full switch experience. ANd hey you got to use wiimotes on 2 consoles plus a pc...that is pretty good, NO other (recent, ps1/ps2) console allowed controllers from their older unit to the new one.

lulwut....

I use the 360 controller on my PC. I never use a wiimote on the pc (Yeah, I know it's bluetooth, but who gives a f...)

I mean...is Ninty selling replacement battery packs for Joycons yet? No? Then as far as I'm concerned, the Wiimote is a more viable longterm product. Battery wear is real, and things without user-replaceable batteries SUCK. Joycons did everything else right, but ultimately, they're going to be just as usefully limited as PS4 controllers are, and that's garbage.....especially for dingy games that won't really make use of rumble.

I don't give two craps about 'the full experience' past playing a game for the very first time. Beyond that...just working is fine with me. Which reminds me. I need to hook up my Gamecube adapter and see if I can use GC controllers on Bomberman LOL.

Arguing that because something is the norm, that's the way things should be is......well....dumb.

#261 6 years ago

It's because the pinball machine actually has labor and manufacturing that's ridiculous and niche involved. Nintendo and Sony produce millions of controllers a year and sell them like they're freakin' unobtanium.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

For Zelda, find me an open world that feels even half as compelling to explore. It's not out there.

It WAS out there...it was called Asheron's Call. It was online for 9 years, shut down right before TPF in March. You missed an amazing boat. Maybe someday there will be another game that has enough depth to claim *3 full months of ACTUAL PLAYTIME* from me, but I doubt it.

Quoted from taylor34:

running around aimlessly looking for shrines, trying to find weapons to replace mine that would break constantly

Weapon breakage in Zelda is absolute dog-turd level trolling by Nintendo. Even if the durability of weapons was doubled, it still would've been annoying, but not insanely so. What kind of retarded monsters and thieves carry around weapons that break after 5 hits? The game desperately needed some kind of forging system to create more durable weapons.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just downloaded it this weekend. Wow do I suck at it! LOL...I'm struggling when it's just me and the ball much less when you add opponents. Played one online match and watched one freaking wizard score 7 points on us, while we got 1 mostly accidental goal. LOL

Watch this...I saw it live when it happened and about soiled myself...

https://compete.kotaku.com/squishys-ceiling-golazo-might-be-the-best-rocket-league-1820395544

1 month later
#478 6 years ago

Yeaaahhhh...

Word to the wise, folks. Don't ever get into gatcha games on the phones. I can't stop playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. >_<;;

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.

Seriously.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

\
Dang, sold out already. Heck of a deal.

I just bought one?

1 month later
#589 6 years ago

SMAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHHH

About. BLOODY. TIME.

1 month later
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

There are currently two emulators in development: Yuzu and Ryujinx. From what I've read both teams are keeping it fair and competitive, without being hostile towards one or the other. Competition between software developers is healthy, as long as everyone involved remains objective and people don't actively try to take sides and say one is consistently better than the other, or wish one of them dominates and the other fails.

Yes, that worked out wonderfully for the SNES emulation community lol... RIPPPPPPP People will ALWAYS take sides.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s exactly what I want in a game.

Wasn't for me. In the end..it's going to be like every other Zelda of the 3d era except for Wind Waker....

Sitting in my closet unfinished for all eternity. I gave up trying to figure out what the hell they expected me to do when my only advancement path is to walk into a murder cave and...get murdered, because there's too many bloody thieves and sneaking just isn't cutting it.

*Edit* Oh, I guess I did forget to simply throw f'ing bananas all over the place. *roll eyes*

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Curious to know what makes you Wind Waker is the only exception. BOTW is like no Zelda game that came before it.

I have no idea. The sailing was tedious. I can confidently say that I was one of the few people that had no issues at all with Toon Link. I guess I kind of fibbed a bit. I finished Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass as well.

1 week later
#776 5 years ago

You guys are going to convince me to buy Splatoon 2, and I didn't even play the first one. Overwatch 2nd anniversary starts on tuesday..don't do this to me!

#781 5 years ago

I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.

Yeah see and I've been playing Quake/TF2/Overwatch for yeaaaaaaars. I can't wait for ranked deathmatch in Overwatch. I expect to get ranked much higher than the other competitive modes, because I won't have to be relying on rando turds that want to throw matches...

#785 5 years ago

I am very bad at these games....I see the popularity of Fortnite and watch games being played on the live streams on my xbonex and while it looks fun I'd get owned. I don't mind watching others getting worked over tho. The closest game I play to these is an old PS3 gm called Warhawk...which I still find fun.

I *blow* at Fortnite. Don't let that game be your guiding light to FPS's. It's a joke. When the best weapon in a game is a shotgun....yeah. No skill asshat RNG and the best strategy is basically "Hide until 75% of everyone is dead". Fortnite is popular because literally anyone has a chance...but it's not a balanced game, or ruled by skill.

d0-DvRwmlUoePRXvUnIu0yn0RcgTKjevJoOhNg90B2k (resized).jpgd0-DvRwmlUoePRXvUnIu0yn0RcgTKjevJoOhNg90B2k (resized).jpg

#786 5 years ago

The variety of weapons in Splatoon 2 is what interests me. Makes it seem very much like Overwatch in which you can change tactics quite a bit.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can always sell the cart!

...*raises hand*

That Thumper game looks odd. I'm gonna check it out when I get home. I love a good hard rhythm game, but I'm not really getting what's going on in the video I just watched.

2 weeks later
#918 5 years ago

I'm playing the crap out of Pokemon Go...so I should probably preorder Eevee..

Because F--k Pikachu.

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I hv3nt touched Pokémon go in a long time. I got up to level 20, then it seemed like too much work to level up further. That is the only Pokémon game I have ever played.

I'm 31. First two months I went 1->27. Last two months I went 27->29.

With the special event they just had where any new stop or gym you spun and hadn't ever been to before was worth *10X* xp (Yeah, that's 4000xp PER STOP while running an XP egg...) I'm now 31. I could've capitalized on it a lot more, but I'm lazy. If they run an event like that again I won't be slacking. Or is that slaking?

I have a gym that I can reach from my computer/bedroom at home. My brother submitted it as an Ingress portal way before anyone knew about Pokemon Go.

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

As a fan of tennis games, I was looking forward to World Tennis Tour releasing tomorrow. Turns out the developers blew it on this one. Game is only 20% finished (no online component at all), and they are counting on 500,000 dealer non refundable preorders to make sure they are profitable. They may or may not finish the game since they don't need to to be profitable.
Stay away from this one.
"Falc remains almost mockingly optimistic about the situation, however, stating that the company "put 500,000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know that will be profitable". Yes, you read that correctly: the low quality of the game (which was described as "the worst tennis game that has ever released on any format to date" in SA Gamer's review) doesn't matter to BigBen Interactive because the shipment of the game has already been secured and can't be returned. Brilliant."
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/tennis_world_tour_has_disastrous_launch_will_rely_on_updated_version_next_year

Sounds like a future 500.00 game based on rarity for people wanting to finish their Switch collection to me...

#934 5 years ago

How the HELL are you guys NOT talking about Smash Bros..

My faith in you is severely shaken.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Never got into it. I'm more likely to enjoy Fortnite.

I would downvote this if I was allowed to.

Fortnite is an idiot's game designed for idiots, IMNSHO. The weapon accuracy is terrible (Honestly this is the worst..it's a meme. See below. ) Props to the devs, though, for figuring out the most effecient way to milk hundreds of millions of dollars out of the gaming community right in the midst of everyone pissing and moaning about loot boxes. Good for them.

126 million in february. For cosmetic shit. It's the new Team Fortress 2, only TF2 actually gave you...you know....weapons and shit that effected the gameplay.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/21/17148918/fortnite-battle-royale-pubg-monthly-revenue-sales-126-million-superdata-research

q13831l66qm01 (resized).pngq13831l66qm01 (resized).png
#952 5 years ago

Bought Splatoon 2 today.

About to go play it for the first time.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It's a game that's over rather quickly, whether it goes your way or not. And even if all you do is lose, you still get points and earn those rewards.

This is basically true of Overwatch too, but I guess it depends on how badly you blow at Fortnite LMFAO. I blow at Fortnite (but I did get a headshot on someone finally with a sniper rifle..that was actually VERY satisfying...while playing with my kids in squad, no less.) pretty badly so if you're just comparing "time per round" as the only metric, then yeah..."Dies in the first 30"nite is not the same as "Dies in the top 10"nite by any stretch.

Fortnite also forces specific goals on you to get decent rewards, overwatch doesn't.

You pay up front for Overwatch, you pay monthly (for Battle Pass, at LEAST, if you're anything other than uber-super-casual) for Fortnite.

It's just different strokes. I outgrew the "collect all the stupid outfits" thing with TF2, 10 years ago. These kids spending all this ridiculous money were likely born right around that time or AFTER....so I get why the hook is there, but I also have the hindsight and wisdom to know that buying cosmetic crap is....meh.

#955 5 years ago

The motion controls suck ass. The fact it doesnt auto reset back to zero and having to oress a button to realign every time is a joke. I get why its SUPPOSED to be better to use the mtoion controls, but Im doing just fine doing better than level 14-25 people with the regular joyoad type controls.

I'm all ears otherwise, and I dont mind olaying with higher skill grouos for a challenge as long as peiple are gonna coach. Sucks that this tjing doesnt have a true built in voice chat....but Nintendo.

#956 5 years ago

Just had a round against a level 72 guy on the other team... The matchmaking is.... Ugly.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve also set mine to be more sensitive - so not much movement gives me lots of aiming range.

Oh duh...okay, this is actually a really good point, thanks.

Quoted from Rarehero:

If you want “skill fairness”, try the ranked modes.

Oh, nah. It's interesting to observe how other people are using specific weapons.

1 week later
#970 5 years ago

I was on Pulp too, so WOOT for us. Clearly No Pulp had really terrible players to still lose after that much of a popularity margin! Wish I had done some research and seen that octo was paid content. On the upside...the price difference I got from picking it up on sale will pay for the expansion so... /shrug.

Really been enjoying it, but I'm having a REALLY hard time waffling back and forth between Overwatch, Splatoon 2, and No Man's Sky (Picked up for 15 bucks lol) along with WoW. Just a glut of stuff to play right now!

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Frax, add me!!!

Oh, I thought you were too l33t for me, sir?

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

have it on snes, not a great game. weird choice for this??

Flashback is a great game...but NOT on the SNES.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, nah - if anything it’s just fun to see what people are playing.

I'll try to remember to add you tonight heh.

3 years later
#4207 2 years ago

Chrono Cross, Live a Live, and Klonoa are will-buys for me.

48 Mario Kart remaster tracks instead of releasing a new game? Good luck with that guys.

Metroid Dread Kaizo (1-hit instakill) is the best thing ever. I cannot WAIT to see the first deathless run of this.

#4211 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

and it's included if you have the Expansion Pack tier of Online

Ah, I didn't see that. Definitely helps with the value proposition. My roomate paid for Expansion Pack to get access to the N64 crap. Still, I wish they'd do something different. Double Dash 2 or....something.

Yeah....Klonoa was a VERY under-appreciated gem at the time it came out. Like it's crazy that it's taken this long to get enough of a cult following for them to push it back out.

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I think the actual next Mario Kart will be something radically different...how else do you entice a perfectly happy Mario Kart fanbase to move on from 8? It's gotta be something really wild & different.

If Kirby is any indicator....

It might be Mario Kart Sunshine with water guns. They seem to be going back to that. /facepalm

I take the release of 48 more tracks, even if they're just remasters, to mean that we won't see an actual new Mario Kart until there's a new console. It's turning into Metroid.....Decade or more wait between games.

Quoted from Gov:

Mario Strikers is the hit of the direct for me. Loved it on GC.

I didn't really play any of the other Strikers games, but getting some seriously big Mega Man Soccer (SNES) vibes from that trailer....will definitely give it a shot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.