q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edisonarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2900 4 years ago

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but here goes:
I have 2 Switch systems and 1 physical copy of Zelda BTW. In order to both play at the same time, I'll need to purchase another copy.
Correct?
All of the other games I've purchased were digital, and can play separate games on both at same time.
Thanks.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Game saves are on the system, not the cartridge. You can use the physical Zelda on multiple systems, and each will have their own saves.
You can even use it on a single system and have multiple saves for different user accounts.
You can’t actually play literally at the same time, if that’s what you meant. You’d need 2 carts for that.

Thanks.
Yeah, we want to play pretty much during the same hours that we share free time. I've tried to remain happy playing other games, but it's killing me to watch so I bought another cart last night. Feels kinda stupid, but it's Zelda.

2 months later
#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Anyone have Ring Fit Adventure? It’s selling for stupid money. I’m curious if it is a good workout option? Why are people paying 3 to 4 times the retail price?

Happened to read this from Popular Science today:
https://www.popsci.com/story/technology/active-video-games-ring-fit-pokemon-go/

3 weeks later
#3199 3 years ago

Finished Bad Dream Coma. Creepy, moody, point/click goodness!

10 months later
#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The Animal Crossing editions is really awesome looking. I just picked one up for my wife and she loves it. The back of the console is designed, plus the special joycon colors and even the joycon straps are special. It's a really nice set.
Multiple consoles with digital games though...freaking nightmare. So one of the main reasons we wanted a second one was so my wife could play AC while my daughter is playing Minecraft. We own both games digitally, purchased under my profile (as all have been), and they both have long established save games under their own profiles. So we are screwed.
As I understand it, basically the profile that bought the game can play it on the account's primary Switch, or on the secondary Switch. Other profiles can play a digital game any time on the primary switch. Other profiles can play a digital game on the secondary switch as long as there is an internet connection to check rights, AND no one is playing ANY other digital game on the other Switch. This is where my misunderstanding apparently was. I thought as long as they were not playing the same game they would be fine, but nope...any digital game being played will lock out the other system from being played by a "non-purchaser" profile. So frustrating.
There are a couple work arounds, but unfortunately none of them help our specific situations, YMMV. If I would have bought AC physically like I do with most full retail games, we'd be fine. But I bought it digitally for the convenience knowing they'd be playing it alot. Or if I would have bought Minecraft from my daughter's account (or AC from my wife's account), we'd be fine since the purchaser can always play, no matter which system. But my profile is the "master" and I have always purchased under that one only. The other work around would be if either of them would play as my profile it would work, but as I mentioned they already have long term saves under their own profiles, so they would basically have to start over, which isn't going to happen in either case. So even though we have two Switches, they can only play while the other is not playing. Super lame.
It does, however, allow me to play Mario All-Stars (or whatever I want), while either of them are playing on the other Switch. So that's something...

I own 2 switches and am able to play the same downloaded game at the exact same time on both.
My wife and I have 2 TVs in 1 room and have played AC, Stardew and other downloaded games simultaneously. I purchased the games on my switch, then redownload onto hers.

2 years later
#4265 11 months ago

Lot's of good points made here on physical vs. digital.
However, I would add that you absolutely CAN play the same digital game at the same time when connected to the internet. We do it all the time here.
What you can't do, is play digital games offline with the non-account switch. I've bought a couple physical copies to play while RVing for instance.
1)Buy the games on main Switch.
2)Log into other switch and redownload the digital purchase
3) Both switches can play same game or others at same time, as long as the internet is working.

#4267 11 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does the same account need to be logged into both switch consoles to do that? My 2 kids and myself each have our own switch and profile. Can I buy a digital copy on my switch, and then they can play that game using their profile on another switch?

Yes.
I use my Switch to buy all the games. I log onto my wife's Switch and re-download. Then she plays the game under her profile.
We have played Animal Crossing for example, on different TVs at the same time. Can visit her island etc...

#4270 11 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

That shouldn't work unless she is playing on your switch and you are playing on hers?
Basically the person who owns the game, has to play online-only on the "other" switch, and anyone on the primary purchasing switch is allowed to play on their accounts.

Well, all I know is that I've got 2 TVs set up in our room each with a separate cradle, and we regularly play the same game at the same time.
Spent 6 months playing AC together, visiting each other's islands.
I'd see myself over on her TV and vice-versa.
Have at least 50+ digital games and each one I purchase, I then go onto her switch under my identity and re-download it.
Then she plays under her identity, as long as there's internet of course.

#4272 11 months ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:My 2 kids both use my account to play digitally purchased games on their machines. It's a bit of a nuisance, but there's a definite workaround and if my 6 and 4 year old can manage, I'm sure you guys can too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edisonarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=edisonarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.