q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3424 3 years ago

$100 for 1 car and some course obstacles. Pricey, but I'm certainly tempted to get 2

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Saw that. Its pretty cool. Not fully sure I understand how it all works. And dont think I would want to do a track setup where I have to line the course like they show in that video.

From Nintendo:
"Home Circuit brings the fun of the Mario Kart series into the real world by using a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite system to race against opponents using a physical Kart. The physical Kart responds to boosts in-game and in the real world, stops when hit with an item and can be affected in different ways depending on the race. Players place gates to create a custom course layout in their home, where the only limit is their imagination. Race against Koopalings in Grand Prix, unlock a variety of course customizations and costumes for Mario or Luigi, and play with up to four players in local multiplayer mode."

I'll probably wait for some real world reviews to roll in before pulling the trigger. I think I could set up a fun course in my house. I think for me it's just a question of how often would I actually do it.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know what would be great, is a re-do of Skyward Sword to NOT USE THE STUPID WII CONTROLS. That would be awesome. That is all.

Agreed. While they're at it a port of the DS version that made you use the stylus where I don't have to use the stylus would be nice. Although I don't even know if that game is any good because I bailed on it real early because of the stylus.

4 weeks later
#3526 3 years ago

Thanks for the Hades recommend. I'm on travel for work and I downloaded it before I left. It's been a great way to pass the time. Just beat Meg for the first time after getting owned by her like 10 times. Fun game for sure.

So is Dead Cells similar?

#3535 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s only 2 bucks. Totally worth it at that price...even just to have around if you ever end up having friends over ever again.

2dollars (resized).jpg2dollars (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Smart buy. I love mine.

Agreed. Pricey, but a much better playing experience. I don't like using the stock controllers at all.

1 week later
#3552 3 years ago

PSA for dummies like me. You can adjust the screen size output to your tv.

I've been playing Hades and hadn't been able to see the icons for most of the weapons and items on the edges of the screen. I had figured out what they were but I decided to finally root though the switch settings.

Interesting note, none of the 3 tvs I've hooked it up to display properly at 100%. YMMV

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Disable the overscan setting on your TV. If you have to shrink the Switch picture to fit the overscan, text and pixel art will now be scaled and not look as good.

Gave my settings a look and nothing like that exists. There was a 'game' setting, but all it appeared to do was make the screen a little darker. FWIW, my tv might be able to get it's drivers license at this point. Appreciate the input though. I'll definitely give the settings on my other tv a look when I hook the switch up there.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have this thing where I correct people's TVs when I go to their houses. You'd be amazed at how many don't even have the correct resolution selected, nevermind the 'vivid' picture settings and so on.

That soap opera effect that was all the rage drove me nuts. Especially when I would go to people's houses and they didn't even notice it. Seems like that gratefully isn't really a thing on newer tv's though, or maybe I just stopped paying attention.

2 months later
#3646 3 years ago

New Dead Cells DLC comes out today. Looking forward to it. 2BC has absolutely been eating my lunch though. I've been mostly just rage playing it at this point. Will be nice to get some new content.

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t think I’ve gotten past like 3 areas...does the game have an ending? I haven’t tried any DLC cuz I can’t even get thru the main game, if that’s even possible lol

There is a final boss. After you beat it you can turn up the diffulty which unlocks different things and buffs the enemies. The BC I referred to is Boss Coin which is used to increase difficulty. Max is 5. I'm on BC2 which means I've beat the game at the first 2 levels. BC2 is very difficult. 3+ just seems bonkers to me at this point.

The dlcs just add some levels/weapons/bosses to mix up your journey. If you haven't beaten the game in it's base difficulty, it's probably not worth getting the DLC

#3652 3 years ago

That does look cool. Those games were always hard. Definitely never beat any of them.

3 weeks later
#3662 3 years ago

Despite not caring for the motion controls, I still enjoyed Skyward the first time around. Might consider giving it another go down the line if it goes on sale. I also liked Wind Waker FWIW. Really liked the cell shading graphics of WW which probably helped overcome all the rafting.

So what's up with Splatoon? Never played any but just watched a couple Youtube vids. So it's a battle mode game? Is there a good story/single player mode? I know some of my friends kids are into it, might be worth getting involved just to school them.

Also, quick grumble about Joycon drift. My pro controller loves to activate random down presses. Most of the time it's just a minor nuisance, but I'm still playing some Dead Cells, and on the higher difficulty settings one hit and you're dead. Let's just say I've come awfully close to reenacting some controller destruction akin to when my Final Fantasy on the original NES save got lost.
Saw there's class action lawsuits in several countries going on. Pretty crazy they can't figure it out.

3 weeks later
#3721 3 years ago

I got to play Mario Kart Live last night at a friend's house. Have to say it was a really fun experience. He had both Mario and Luigi and we had a good time setting up a couple courses around and under some tables and chairs in his kitchen and living room.

The karts don't actually move very fast, but there's some solid Nintendo magic involved because when you're watching it on the screen it gives the impression it's moving much faster.

It is still pricey for what you get, but if you already have 2 switches in the house and have some decent space to work with, there is fun to be had.

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I have seen them for $60 around here. Have been considering it. Do both switches need to have the game? How does that work? Like it I have 2, and my bro in law comes over, can he use the other with his switch?

My friend had bought 2 of them. I'm assuming he put the game on both of his son's switches. Looking at the the specs online, it looks like you get a physical copy of the game with each cart you buy.

I found this link to get one for $62. I've never heard of or used this site before though.
https://pinosuss.tech/products/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-mario-nintendo-switch

From that same site:
"Friends and family can also get together and enjoy multiplayer races for up to four players, so long as each player has their own Kart, Nintendo Switch console and a copy of the software."

So to me that reads if you bought 2, and your friend came over with a switch, you would be good to go.

#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I might have to check this game out. I’ve grown fond of a few of these rogue-like games. Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon, Flame in the Flood, Flinthook, etc. I used to think the concept of randomly generated levels was stupid...but when done well, it keeps game fresh & keeps you on your toes.

Hades is a great game and worth spending some time with. I guess the only possible knock on it is that it can be a button masher. The game really kicks your butt to start, but once you put some time in and get some upgrades, it's a lot of fun. I've sunk a lot of time in the game, and don't play it that often now, but being that the game only takes around 40 minutes to beat it's still fun to take it for the occasional spin.

3 weeks later
#3743 3 years ago

In regards to LM3, be aware that coop isn't immediately available. You have to play some of the game single player to unlock it.

2 weeks later
#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

MP and Mario Kart are the same in that in the end game, they try to level the playing field for those that are behind. Completely makes sense and perfect for gamers and non-gamers alike. This is why Nintendo is the king/queen of family gaming.

Blue Shells are the worst, but I still wouldn't put Mario Kart in this convo. The better player will generally come out on top. Mario Party, not so much. Not a fan of MP. The mini games are fun, but the board game part and the enormous luck factor ruin them for me.

5 months later
#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Anyone else had a moment like this yet?

Currently stuck right now... again. Just have to find that pesky hidden block.

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Replayed Fusion recently. The hidden stuff is absurd in that game. Pretty much bomb/shoot every block on every screen or you are screwed.

It's starting to wear on me in Dread. My routine has been basically get about 20 minutes of fun in and then get stuck for an hour.

Darscot Agree on the EMMI parts. I just don't care about the being sneaky aspect.

#4006 2 years ago

The train in Dread looks like a Furby

#4013 2 years ago

I'm at what I'm assuming is the final boss in Dread and can't figure out how to land any hits in the second phase of the fight. Guess I'm supposed to use a parry but not much luck so far.

Not looking for any help yet, just thought I'd let you all know I'll be over here getting my ass handed to me and swearing at the tv.

2 weeks later
#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

GS has the Ori collection pretty cheap for those who haven't had the opportunity to play them yet. Visually stunning and great playing metroidvania type game that I very much enjoyed.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/ori-the-collection----nintendo-switch/11156042.html

Thanks for pointing this out. I picked the collection up this weekend. I'm only a couple hours into the first one but am really enjoying it so far.

2 weeks later
#4104 2 years ago

I did really enjoy Dread, but $60 is too much for a 10 hour game with very little replayability.

4 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.