q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3606 3 years ago

Just joined the club over christmas! Got the bundle with mk8. Love it! Cuphead rulz. I even got a set of joycons with a dpad as my second set. Its not perfect, but its better than pressing two buttons.

Been way into gameboy modding lately. I may start a thread on that. Any one else into it here? Switch is just another gameboy isnt it? Ha!

I think I want:
Mario&Rabbids
Mario Odyssey
Luigis Mansion

Hows the contra game?

Im sad Carcassone sucks on switch. XBOX360 still the best ever digital version.

I would like a good RTS. Like command and conquer or supreme commander/total annihilation.

IMG_2554 (resized).jpgIMG_2554 (resized).jpg
#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's amazing just how well that screen on the switch photographs

Ya...i didnt want a big reflection of me taking the pic, lol. Oh well.

#3610 3 years ago

Hows the wheel of fortune/jeopardy game?

Trying to get the wife interested in switch.

Edit: ended up scooping mario rabbids for $15 with its case. I think thats a pretty rad deal.

Nobody played wof/jeo?

#3623 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My family has been enjoying trying to 100% Super Mario 3D world on Wii-U. My four-year-old daughter adores the game and actually does decently well on it. We always play it 3 players.
I was excited by the switch release and thought Bowser's Fury was going to be an expansion on the same game. I had been talking it up to my daughter about how we're going to get to play more levels on Bowser's Fury. I saw the gameplay trailer for it last night and am truly disappointed. It's a completely different game, and limited to 2 players, with P2 probably having a stupid support role like the hat on Mario Odyssey. I had hoped it was going to add more into the main 3D World game, and maybe give a couple new player characters and levels... it just doesn't make sense to me that their idea for an add in with a 4 player game is to make a new 2 player game.

This is good info, thanks. My 4 yo daughter and I have been running through mario from the nes up. We just started sunshine on a gamecube I picked up from some one on here a few months ago. I think next we move on to the galaxies and smbwii games. I think she will dig the support roles. We will see....

Quoted from SNES:

I own it. It’s a fun three player game. Essentially the same as all WoF/Jeopardy games with updated clues. I’ve owned these games since SNES so always kind of enjoyed them.
Side note, we sometimes play drinking Jeopardy. We drink when we don’t know the answer. So we usually drink quite a bit and have fun with it.

Cool, thanks! I see one locally for $15. Was hoping I could snag it for $10. My wife and I love jeopardy, and have played the older ones too! I have so many jeopardy versions on my nes and snes minis, lol.

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I can't wait for 3d mario world..see how my daughter does playing with me. My biggest issue these days is physical vs digital purchase... man is digital convenient but I do like knowing I own a physical game. Mmmmm I suppose a mario game is a better physical purchase if i'm worried about future "proofing"

Dont get sucked in man! Nintendo is and always has been a cartridge based (or other physical media) gaming system. Plus, what value does a digital copy have in the aftermarket? I wont let them kill the value of the games I buy.

I saw Civilization for $10. Worth it? I think if I find any switch game I MIGHT like at $10 or less just buy it, right?

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

haha, yea, i"ll probably go physical because my daughter does like to find the game case and grab the cart for me. At some point I may get her a lite, or if they release a pro she can use my normal one.

Well if you download the games, can you both use them on each system? Wouldnt physical games work better in this scenario too?

I dunno, but I am sticking with physical as long as I can. I got the wife to let me start displaying my old games and systems. Gamecube was always my neglected system. Any one got a Wario World they want to sell me? Never played wario. Running his series at the moment on gameboy.

#3644 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell burger time party or binding of isaac?

2 weeks later
#3654 3 years ago

Nintendo ends up frustrating me a lot, but they still get my money time after time. My latest issue? I just bought Mario Maker 2 for my daughter's upcoming b-day since we saw it has Toadette on it, and she loves playing as her on NSMBU. She also loves the cat power up on SMB3DW. We saw that Toadette can get that power-up and it sealed the deal.
Yet Nintendo must think we don't actually want to pick characters for multi-player in Mario Maker 2, in spite of gracing us with that option on the other Mario games we've played. We have 3 players max at our house, and Toadette is assigned to player 4! WTF, Nintendo!? So the only way we're going to get to play as Toadette is in single player... or we have to go out of our way to put 4 players on with a stupid burner character floating in a bubble...

That IS dumb. My girl loves toadette too.

1 week later
#3687 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon is the greatest game ever made.
-There are 2 1p story modes, one included w the game and one is a DLC Octo Expansion.
-It’s mostly an online battle game. There are multiple online modes: Turf War, Ranked & League. Ranked and League have a rotating variety of modes - Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker & Clam Blitz. All these modes have different strategies, and that’s where the endless customizable gear & weapon options come in.
-There’s also a co-op online mode called Salmon Run. You & other players take on computer controlled monsters & challenges.
Splatoon rules cuz the art direction, music, and personality are so unique. It’s a “happy” shooter....but the gameplay is just superb. Getting good at certain weapons & knowing how to handle players with other weapons is so fun, and the swimming/climbing mechanic is something I don’t think any other shooter has.
Check out some of the high ranked players on YouTube to see how bonkers things get.

Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Yeah Splatoon is def Nintendo magic and so glad they are keeping the franchise alive for more people to get into it. My wife and I used to play Splatoon 1 on the Wii U when it came out. So good! The game would have been such a bigger success if the Wii U was more popular. Believe it got some traction on essentially porting it to the switch and calling it Splatoon 2. 1 & 2 are pretty much the same game. The single player story mode is weak but that's not what the game is. Its 100% online multiplayer and it is a ton of fun and original. My kiddo and my nephew love the game and its a perfect non violent shooter that has a ton of strategy in it. Turning into a squid and being able to swim faster in your own color ink is an awesome mechanic.

Wow...really, eh? My kid likes the ink girl and boy in mk8. Maybe I give it a try. Is it shooting guns though? Shes a lil young for that, so I may have to wait a couple years.

Another question: how has the drift on every ones joy cons been? I have heard a lot of bad things from friends. I am ok so far....

#3689 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's shooting like squirt ink guns, it is entirely designed for kids. Its the Mario Kart meet Mario Sunshine of shooters.
My one started to drift pretty bad, they are dirt cheap and super easy to replace. If you're experiencing drift just buy new sticks they are like $5. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Its not necessarily that its violent. Its the running around pointing fingers and shooting things that follows that I dont care for. We will get there.

Ok, I wasnt sure the cost. I just hear of a lot of replacements. The replacements last for even less time I hear.

2 weeks later
#3717 3 years ago

I guess Switch consoles are easier to find in stock now. My wife and I liked the the look of the Animal Crossing version, and I thought it had been discontinued. I found it in stock on Target.com the other day and went ahead and ordered it.
I've seen others mention having more than one. What's the deal with owning multiple consoles and accessing digital purchases?

Probably because of the 4K hype. Xmas 2021. I just got mine too....ugh, lol.

#3719 3 years ago

TMNT shredders revenge looks cool.

#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I got to play Mario Kart Live last night at a friend's house. Have to say it was a really fun experience. He had both Mario and Luigi and we had a good time setting up a couple courses around and under some tables and chairs in his kitchen and living room.
The karts don't actually move very fast, but there's some solid Nintendo magic involved because when you're watching it on the screen it gives the impression it's moving much faster.
It is still pricey for what you get, but if you already have 2 switches in the house and have some decent space to work with, there is fun to be had.

I have seen them for $60 around here. Have been considering it. Do both switches need to have the game? How does that work? Like it I have 2, and my bro in law comes over, can he use the other with his switch?

Any one interested in Zombieland for Switch? Cart only. Looking to trade for other games. Let me know if you are interested.

#3730 3 years ago

While Im over here play the binding of isaac

No one wants to trade games for a zombieland?

3 weeks later
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, camping shows how this game is kinda fundamentally broken. There really isn't much incentive to getting tons of ghost chains & clearing more stages. You can just chill and let everyone else kill each other.

Right? My strategy was to go around and around the outer rim getting the power pellets and then chaining the ghosts as big as I could over and over till it was huge. So fun to chomp a 50+ snake of ghosts.

1 week later
#3752 2 years ago

Just picked up super mario party brand new for $30. Pretty pleased even though I heard its not the best. I have NO other MPs though. They are all so expensive!

#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Only issue is there isn't a lot of boards for it. So it gets old kinda quick.

I read MP 5 is the best all around? Any one got an opinion on that? Ive been hunting.

#3766 2 years ago

I got home late from a gig last night and plopped down for some binding of isaac. I still love this game sooo much and I havent beat mother yet! I got really close last night. I love the diversity in the power ups, enemies, etc. It always feels fresh even though I am playing the same game over and over.

I bought enter the gundgeon but I am not going to open it until I can finally beat mother once in isaac.

Anybody in to that sick shit?

#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love twin stick shooters, too...but I'm used to more rapid fire.

You would have loved my run last night then. I had double tears and my fire rate was insanely fast. I was slaughtering rooms.

You gotta give it some time. Play it a few runs and see if you like it more.

I use left stick to move and the buttons on the right to fire. Something feels laggy to me about about firing from the stick. Directions dont change as fast.

#3773 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Problem is that it's an expensive game that never goes on sale cheap. If it was on sale for like $3, I'd give it another chance lol

Ya, I had to hunt it on mercari for $30. Worth it!

Quoted from Gov:

BoI is still one of my favorites. Problem is if I don't play all of the time I forget what the items are and have to end up looking them up which I have always found annoying. Playing on PC with mods is better since you can have a mod that tells you what stuff does.

I have an app that I use. I really just dont give an F most of the time and if the power up looks cool, I will grab it and learn the hard way, lol.

#3775 2 years ago

Just picked up a sealed odyssey down the road for $30. Pretty stoked. I love a good deal!

1 month later
#3833 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Thinning the herd if anyones looking for some switch games. NIB = sealed new in box, CIB = complete in box but opened. About 150 games
Sell less than eBay sold / price charting
100% feedback on eBay if ya need reference
https://ebay.com/usr/sweetdave40
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acdmBAEp7QC_JSIBpLJXUoEDGOruIF_2seYXEdelrQc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Man! Wish super blood hockey wasnt so pricey…

Looking for any trades?

1 month later
#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've never played Warioware. My kids love Mario Party with all the mini-games. I bet they would enjoy Warioware as they are at that age where picking nose hairs on a giant cartoon head would be funny (let's be honest, I would find it funny too)
Gonna have to try this demo out.

I have yet to not like a Wario game. Im on a tear of buying them all up. Next is In Disguise for DS.

#3931 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the box art for the japanese version of warioware twisted is awesome. it's so disappointing that we never got the packaging other markets did.

Weird milky clear case too, neat! I have no twisted yet. I missed one once for $20. Never again.

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Do you guys think the Switch OLED will actually stay sold out all the way through launch?

Im not sure why people want only an upgraded screen and not 4k output, buuuut whatevs.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:actually, the new model has the following improvements:
- 7" OLED display (vs. the original's 6.2" LED display)
- front facing speakers (vs. the original's on the bottom of the system)
- full length kickstand
- 64GB of main memory (vs. the original's 32GB)

I gotta see this full kick stand....

#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
reminds me of the microsoft surface's kickstand

Not bad considering how bad the original one is.

4 months later
#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any of the coop games would be fun. They’ve been listed somewhere here and I’ll miss some
Overcooked
New super Mario bros
Mario kart 8
Yoshi wooly world
Kirby star Allie’s
Cruisn blast
Luigi’s mansion 3

I got my wife hooked on overcooked. I snagged the oc1/oc2 double game. We love it! Recommend that for sure.

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I finally beat Zelda BOTW last night. I played it on launch, but got burnt out after 2 divine beasts. I failed to make it stick every time I tried to pick it back up - where am I? What do I need to do again? How do these mechanics work?
It was great, pretty easily my favorite Zelda ever.

I got BOTW for xmas. I cant wait to check it out! I admittedly have never officially played a zelda game.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I really didn’t like wind waker very much. I thought the mechanic was tiresome after awhile. I mean it was a good game objectively, but zelda games should be *the best*…I expect them to introduce some gendre-defining characteristic (z-targeting for example) and have puzzles that drive me to the brink of madness before i solve them (the water temple).
I haven’t played the other 2, will check them out!
Back to switch games…we got mario party over the break and it’s pretty fabulous for my 10, 7 year olds and my wife and me.
The best couch co-op game we have played together is lovers in a dangerous spacetime. A masterpiece!

MP Superstars or Super MP?

If you want a good game to play with the wife, try overcooked. Mine loves it.

As for zeldas. I own quite a few as I have a problem with collecting retro games. Havent played them much yet. I just grab them when I see them cheaper than they should be.

Zeldas I own:
Legend of Zelda NES
Links Awakening GB
Links Awakening DX GB
A Link to The Past SNES
BOTW Switch

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

It's hard to imagine, but back in the NES day there was nothing cooler than the whole Zelda battery save. No passwords that you got wrong, or lost, just hold that reset button in and start from there the next day.

I think it is also cool that these batteries still work in most cases.

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

Anybody upgrade from the original Switch for the OLED? Outside of screen quality did you notice much of a difference? Our household of five share the original Switch constantly since we all have games we like to play on it. So I'm looking into potentially getting a second one. Sometimes it seems completely worth it, other times I think it might be a waste and I just need to tell the kids that it's my turn

I would just get a used switch if I were you. Just the main part. Get new joy cons. Then wait for the real 4k switch in the fall.

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nobody knows if a 4k one is indeed coming. Rumors only.

Quoted from taylor34:

There isn't going to be a switch 4k in the fall. It would be years away. Nintendo doesn't innovate like that, it doesn't care about resolution or graphics power, and neither do their fans. The current switch graphically is somewhere between a PS3 and a PS4, so even being far behind everyone else graphically didn't hurt it on release. To get to 4k they'd have to pack like PS4 pro/Xbox One X power into a console and that doesn't seem like a very Nintendo thing to do.

“ However, a report from September 2020 claims that Nintendo is asking developers to make their titles 4K-ready, which would suggest the Switch Pro will indeed have 4K – although not in quite the way many people have assumed.
It is speculated that Nintendo will seek to leverage Nvidia's Nvidia’s DLSS AI upscaling techniques, rather than pure 4K output. This process – which grants high-resolution visuals with little in the way of a performance hit – is used in Nvidia's Shield hardware, which is based on the same internal architecture as Switch. However, it seems that Nintendo is working on its own upscaling tech.”

“ In March 2021, a report stated that the new Switch model would offer 4K visuals when in docked mode. The dock which comes with the Switch OLED supports 4K 60fps, so it could be that the same dock will be used with a more powerful Switch console.”

Seems likely to me…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-29/nintendo-switch-4k-developers-make-games-for-nonexistent-console

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

We heard the same types of things Last year and we got the oled instead. Not saying it is not going to happen but I wouldn’t put money on it.

I just rarely if ever use my switch outside the dock. An oled screen is useless to me. Where are my 4k gfx???

#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I’d think at this point the next Nintendo system will be 4K but it will be backwards compatible with switch games.

So dual slots for the new games and the old or?

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, it’s because people actually like owning & collecting things. No different than the other consoles that still have discs.

Also, digital games are worthless once you buy them. If you dont like the game. Too bad. If the console down the line isnt backwards compatible. Too bad.

Heck with that. Some people like to buy a game, play it, and sell it. Its a whole secondary market.

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The used market was a big reason that I bought physical. These days digital goes on sale so quick it’s not worth the effort. As long as you don’t need to play new games on launch day it’s way cheaper. The backward compatibility thing is actually better with digital as they just move to the new console. I have been a physical media guy forever I just recently saw the light

Digital on sale. So whats the price of mario golf rush right now digital? I can get it locally used for like $30. I DOUBT its that low already. If I dont like the game? Ez flip for a $15+ profit.

I dont buy nib games unless they are on super sale or I get them as gifts. Ive been piecing together loose switch games with their cases lately. Some times that works out, some times I break even when doing that. I cant do loose tiny games, lol.

#4197 2 years ago

Any one play man eater? Keeping my eye on it for around $15-20.

1 week later
#4198 2 years ago

Picked up mega man legacy 1+2 and mega man 11 for $30 shipped. Not bad I think.

Working on a mario tennis aces locally for $10. Finger crossed!

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

bah I gotta pre order the new kirby

Full price for a game? Never!

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hahah, I don't buy games like I used to, so yaaaa full price for physical just so I have it!

I will wait a week and scoop it up off mercari for $30. I can wait. Game will be the same now or later.

6 months later
#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am selling several of my Nintendo handhelds that I have built and some I have extra of. If anybody is interested hit me up. Willing to sell as a lot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That CNC slab and mario maker 2ds are SIIIIICK. Im so broke. Need any boards for gottliebs?

10 months later
#4313 10 months ago

Man, how do I get THAT audio visual gig? LOL. Looks fun!

1 month later
#4348 8 months ago

I finally got some time to play TOTK. Got off the original island and into the open world. I tend to take the quests that get me to sprawl, grabbing locations for fast travel as I go. Such a great game.

Im kinda lost in this game. I dont feel like I know what I am doing other than scavenging and such. I have barely done any quests, lol. I still havent found Hestu either. I have like 80 korok seeds.

Been thinking about cracking open a game I havent yet. Maybe Huntdown?

#4361 8 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Huntdown is amazing. Played through it several times at this point. TOTK is awesome too - focus on doing shrines. You get a nice sense of accomplishment from solving those and a good reward (health/stamina) that makes exploring a lot more efficient and fun.

Ya, Im up to like 80 shrines right now. Its fine...im just not as sucked in as I was with BOTW. It just feels like DLC. Im ready for a NEW game I guess.

4 weeks later
#4377 7 months ago

F-Zero 99 might be fun

Can you play with friends? I missed that part. Or is it always random?

1 month later
#4379 6 months ago

Any one notice how cheap you can get switch lites now?

I bought a blue one cib almost brand new for $140.

I then bought a loose yellow with an official chatger for $80. Super clean.

Hoping I can get the guts to mod them one day.

#4392 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

I really want to pick up Mario Wonder, but I have such a huge backlog right now. Going to try and hold out for Xmas sales....

qvc.com has a 20% off coupon on this for new member supposedly

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.