q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2626 4 years ago

I finally decided to play the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment when they came out on the Switch.

Baldur's Gate is pure perfection. They did a great thing with the controls and switching between the expansions is seamless.

I'm currently playing Planescape Torment and it is extremely buggy. Fonts become corrupted/go missing, characters disappear, etc. I'm about 3/4 through this playthrough (I think - never finished it before), and it's a struggle. When it works like Baldur's Gate, it's amazing. When it doesn't.... it's annoying.

The Baldur's Gate pack is a no brainer if you like AD&D RPGs. Some of the best computer role-playing games ever made, and they mostly stand the test of time.

Icewind Dale EE seems to be fine? I've played through a few chapters and haven't had these issues, so it's something specific to Torment. Hopefully they patch it before I'm done playing it...

1 month later
#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Baldur’s Gate 1&2 Enhanced edition is on sale at GameStop for $25. This is probably the best RPG ever made. Epic story, great score, visuals that are still fantastic after 20 years. The game is tough but it is hugely immersive. In the original release, I put over 100 hours into part 2 and it’s expansion. There is so much to see and do in there.

The controls are fantastic on the Switch as well. This and the Torment release were my most played of this year by far. Torment still has some pretty nasty bugs, but the Baldur's Gate release was bug-free for me!

2 weeks later
#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Reviews on Megaman 11 if any of you have played it? I thought the original was kick ass.

Extra screen real estate makes for some funky platforming sometimes. Fun game, but the dual gear gimmick is something you have to master before the wily castle stages on the higher difficulties.

The individual stages are usually pretty good with a clever trick or two, but in my opinion didn't hold a candle to #1 or 2. Rote memorization doesn't work in all cases for this one (but it usually gets you by).

Shop in between stages lets you buy extra lives or e tanks, etc.

Overall enjoyed. Hopeful for a sequel that does away with dual gears, though.

#2851 4 years ago

I loved Ring Fit - played through the entire campaign and despite being an objectively bland RPG, it did keep me motivated to keep doing those weird exercises every day. Took about 3 months to finish, then more stuff opens up after the credits roll. If you stick with it, it's a really good exercise program rolled behind simple RPG mechanics.

They really cracked the way to gamify exercise much better than wii fit/wii fit u.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.