q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anonymouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2666 4 years ago

Decided to get a Switch last week after watching Smash Brothers online. Very fun game. I also picked up Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem Three Houses and ordered Zelda Breath Of The Wild off Amazon for $43. Probably should have waited for black Friday because I've been too busy with Smash to even try it. I could have saved 4 bucks when I got a 512gb sd card and Resident Evil Origins collection for 100. I played a little of Luigi and Fire Emblem. Luigi was a little slow but was picking up when it finally got to actual gameplay. Fire Emblem seems to be right up my alley but a huge time commitment.

4 months later
#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

So have played and enjoyed
Ori
axiom verge
mummy demastered
the messenger
shantae and pirates curse
monster boy
wonder boy
yoku's island
Gris
did not like dust elysian and also hollow knight I hit a wall. enjoyed first bit but 3rd or 4th boss I lost interest
So for options up next I have
owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story
Any suggestions from those with similar preferences as to what I should hit next?

I just played Shantae for xbox because it was free with gold and loved it. It was good enough that I plan on paying for the dlc.

3 months later
#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nintendo said the Switch will have a longer generation life than other systems when they launched it. I wouldn't expect to see a Switch successor for at least 2-3 more years, possibly longer.
I could see them releasing a 'NEW' Nintendo Switch like they did with the 3DS at some point to generate some more sales.

Didn't they already do that with the lite?

1 month later
#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So the Zelda anniversary may be just around the corner... I would love to see some of the lesser known games from the series make the cut for that (I haven't played Wind Waker or Skyward Sword all the way through). I'm all for the convenience of experiencing those titles on the switch.
I'm guessing they also won't give a proper remaster to Ocarina, which would undoubtedly be included.
Just a general observation, but that PS1/n64 era feels like it will mostly be overlooked as time goes on, unless the games really do see a good remaster. The graphics and/or controls just don't hold up for a good number of the marquee games. Has anyone played Goldeneye in the last 10 years? Single stick shooters are practically impossible to revisit with any sort of joy. Meanwhile, the 16-bit era holds up so well developers are still using the art style on brand new releases.

Not Goldeneye but I've played Perfect Dark recently and it held up pretty well

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

On Xbox or n64?

Xbox. One thing Microsoft did right was design a near perfect controller that you can map most any game to play how you want

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anonymouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=anonymouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.