q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#399 6 years ago

Is there a Nintendo store where you can go in and buy games like donkey Kong and all of the old Nintendo classics and play them on the switch? If so, how much does a old game like donkey Kong cost?

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I believe they have talked about adding these old games to their Switch eShop. They have them on the 3DS already and they cost maybe $10-$15?

A friend of mine told me last night that they are supposed to be coming to the switch. Really until they become available I don’t see any reason to go buy a switch because I’ve got too many games that I still need to play on my PS4. The Switch looks like a nice little system though.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

You guys have convinced me. I just ordered one, plus Mario and Zelda. It will give me something fun to do during these cold winter days haha.

This is exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I kinda need to wait though because I have some massive bills coming up in February.

1 month later
#574 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Glad he lives across the street from me. I’ll pry grab a couple games this week. Suggestions?

Ive heard Zelda is epic. I also just read where Outlast is coming to the switch. Thats a pretty damn good scary game that is an indie game if im not mistaken. It was free on the PS4 and it scared the shit out of me.

7 months later
#1408 5 years ago

I finally got a switch.....not sure why but i did? I have been enjoying playing the original Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl and a couple of the other old games. Is there any way for me and a friend to team up and play techmo bowl and Donkey Kong together online with each other?

I bought Mario Kart 8 and that seems like decent fun. I also got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and that seems really good so far. I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..

All in all i think i will enjoy it for what it is but it's not a PS4 for sure and a little too pricey imo. Any big games that can be bought on both consoles i will definitely buy them on the PS4. Do you guys like DK Tropical Freeze?

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

You can buy the arcade version of Donkey Kong for $8.

Its free right now if you have a online account.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's literally the greatest game ever made....so, figures you wouldn't like it lol.
Watch some competitive play and weapon tutorials on Youtube. Splatoon 2 is deep deep deep. There's a lot to understand to git good.

If Splatoon is the best game ever made then i quit gaming forever lol. I mean you try and paint a bigger area than the opposing team with your gun. Im just not finding that fun for some reason and then when you start the game up you have to sit and watch all those cut scenes. Is it possible to skip thru that crap?? If its not that alone will keep me from playing it.

#1437 5 years ago

I am interested in this game as well but i just wonder how good it is going to play with a controller? Also it appears that there is no online multiplayer. That sucks because this would be a really good online game to play with your friends.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Splatoon is an AMAZING game, hampered by Nintendo’s oddness. You can’t skip the beginning ( splat1 was less annoying, I assume I enjoyed the characters more than these two), you can’t skip Sheldon just make him talk faster. The online friend talk and play is absolutely odd and hard to figure out. If you can get over a few things and just enjoy it, the multiple modes (not just turf war) make this game really fun. I finally booted the game back up last night and put a few hours into salmon run with a friend we did Xbox live chat (him via Xbox, my from my phone) and played salmon run and turf war.

I will try it again soon. Right now im kind of into Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and a few of the old free games on the online store. Tropical Freeze is hard as hell but its really fun so far. One game that i would love to see come on the Switch is the old original RBI Baseball. I used to play the hell out of that game in the arcades. Best baseball game ever!

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m not sure if they’ll be using gyro controllers or touch screen. However I love Bhh and miss my bbh world. I sold it to plan on getting a bbh hd. This is based on the new hd but cuts most the game out :/ maybe they’ll release dlc. The big excitement for me is, if this get pulled off good, all the rail shooters like RE, house of the dead. Oh man!!! So excited!

I would love to have a BBH arcade game in my basement. Im excited about it coming to the Switch but at the same time im not getting my hopes up because i just dont know how much fun it will be without having a gun to use. We will find out soon i guess.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The NES version is the free one. I was recommending spending the $8 to get the better version of the game. This is the first time the arcade version of donkey Kong has ever been released on a console.

Oh ok sorry about that. Whats the difference between the two versions? I thought the free one was the original game that i used to play in the arcades when i was younger?

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

No, it is the version that was on the NES. They stretched it out to fit a horizontal screen, and took out the pie factory levels.

Oohhhh.....thats right, i forgot about the pie factory! Why in the heck would they had left that out i wonder? I just bought the original Donkey Kong and its way different and much harder than the free version. Well worth 7.99!

#1452 5 years ago

Hey guys, is Mario Tennis a good game to play online with a friend?

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

MARIO tennis is a great game..... imo with caveats. If you play with the specials enabled it’s hard af. No skill needed, just power hits over and over. If you just play against a friend it would probably be super fun. Very technical game if you want it to be and easy for new/young players too

I was doing some reading on it and someone was saying the best way to play is with what they call simple rules. I think that means no power ups, just regular tennis?

#1466 5 years ago

I bought these tables on the PS4 tonight and i didnt see anything censored. I only was able to play briefly before work to basically just check them out but i did not see anything like that at all. What i did see though was 4 tables that look killer compared to Pinball Arcades tables and i think they play better also.

The ball physics feel different, im not sure if its for better or worse yet but at least you cant nudge and keep the ball in play for an hour like you can on pinball arcade. The nudging is ridiculous on their version, it seems more real on Zen. The graphics are amazing though and im glad that i bought them, 10 dollars well spent. I think Zen did a superb job on these tables.

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Also have on PS4 and the physics of PFX3 suck. It is just off.
Pinball Arcade while a little less visual play soooo much better IMO.

They are different for sure but i honestly think they did a decent job with it. It seems more realistic to me because the nudging isnt so unrealistic, and the graphics are sooooo much better!

#1478 5 years ago

These tables arent perfect but i think they are better than TPA. I am glad Zen is making them and for only 3 bucks a piece i am definitely going to buy them and support Zen. They are a very good company. I can live with a few things being censored even though id rather not, but its all good still.

#1480 5 years ago

Me and a friend played some of the classics online last night and we had a blast. We played Techmo Bowl most of the night, that game is a hoot! We also played the old tennis game and that was alot of fun too and we olayed Donkey Kong and a few others as well. Really enjoying my Switch so far.

#1496 5 years ago

So is Luigi's Mansion going to be any good?

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really like it on 3DS...I'll miss the 3D effects, though! They really enhance the game!

I seen there was a review for it on the 3DS but its suppose to be on the Switch also i think? Ive never played Luigis Mansion before but it looks like maybe it could be fun?

#1500 5 years ago

I am playing DK Tropical Freeze right now and its pretty good so far but its kind of hard at times. Hopefully i will be able to get through it on the normal mode and move on to another game.soon.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a hardcore platformer. That's why they added the Funky Mode...so people can enjoy it if it's too hard in regular mode.

Yep i can definitely tell that much. Im gonna beat it in normal mode though, screw Funky Kong!

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

With only 13 million Wii Us sold, there is a fairly small number of people who have played the Wii U games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe outsold Mario Cart 8 by about 3 million copies already. Mario U and Luigi U together outsold Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, so Nintendo is probably hoping for similar sales on the Switch. There are a lot of good games on the Wii U. I won't pay full price for the ones I own on the Wii U, but I will probably pick them up on sale someday. I am hoping that the next version of these games will hit in a couple of years.
I have only purchased 3 $60 games on the switch so far: zelda, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Tennis. Mario Tennis is the only one I regret buying. DKC is a great game on the Switch, but I would not have played it much on the Wii U. It is too hard. I die way too often playing in Funky mode, but it makes the game fun and playable for me.

DKC is very difficult but i keep hitting the start button over and over and over again anyways lol. Its crzy fun!

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am on the second island. I have no idea how many there are in the game. I am currently doing the cart level, and trying to find the other exit. I have tried multiple times, and can't find it. I think i may just move on for now.

Thats where im at....almost to the 3rd level i think. I believe there are 5 or 6 islands and about 6 levels per island roughly? I'm going to beat the game but im not concerned with collecting all the puzzle pieces and kong letters. You know that you can buy stuff with the coins you collect and use them before you start a level to help you get through it right?

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Haha, yeah, I have bought quite a few of the red balloons.

Ok just wanted to make sure you knew lol. I didn't know for awhile.

2 weeks later
#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Grabbed one for a coworker!
[quoted image]

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

2 weeks later
#1590 5 years ago

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.
It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

I played the very first one on the original nintendo and it was pretty fun. Not sure if i would like it as much now if i went back and played it though. Im really liking DK Tropical Freeze alot and i like crash bandicoot games pretty good also if that helps?

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Great info but this is one of the things that drives me nuts about Nintendo. Why do we have to pay so much more for games, it takes a pricing error to get the same product at the same price. Actually portability aside, the other console versions are typically better.

Boooooo....get out of here you Nintendo hater!! Lol...just kidding. You are right, their game and system is pricey for sure. I like the switch alot so far but its definitely pricey. It has costed me alot of money so far to play Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl. They should at least give us the original R.B.I. Baseball to play. I would be a happy camper if they did that!

#1602 5 years ago

By the way, Wal Mart has Super Mario Odyssey for 50 bucks online. They will honor that price at the store as long as it says "sold and shipped by Wal Mart", so remember that in the future. I saved about 30 dollars on Splatoon 2 and Donkey Kong Tropical freeze like that and this Mario game does say sold and shipped by Wal Mart.

Screenshot_2018-11-23-11-19-21 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-23-11-19-21 (resized).png
#1616 5 years ago

There's no way in hell that you will see something like that on the Switch because Nintendo definitely has kids in mind as their target audience. You can probably get it on the PC though.

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Um, Skyward Sword is a Zelda game. You’ll never see it on a PC.
Also kids aren’t their target audience. Watch a Switch commercial. It’s usually 20-somethings.
I’ve been playing the South Park games & LA Noire on my Switch. Not exactly kids stuff. Switch’s target audience: EVERYONE.

I thought he meant the pinball game. You will never ever see that on a Nintendo system ever i guarantee it. We can agree to disagree but I still think that Nintendo is geared toward kids mainly. Im not saying thats a bad thing either, but its just how i feel. I am glad that they have started getting some games like Diablo and Dark Souls and stuff though, thats pretty awesome.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah the video is literally the switch trailer lol

Well thats great then. Im a little shocked but im glad to see it.

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How can you be shocked? Uncensored games on Nintendo platforms since SNES lol.

Because i haven't had a Nintendo system since the very first one that they made lol. I just always thought they were very clean G rated games.

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, now you know. Welcome to 1994
[quoted image]

I cant even Remember when the first console came out, must have been mid 80's? We played mario, duck hunt, RBI baseball, Techmo Bowl and Mike Tysons punch out and stuff on it. We had some good times.

1 week later
#1680 5 years ago

Guys let me ask you a serious question here......please no down votes! I know that Smash Brothers is a huge hit on Nintendo and everyone is dying to play the new Smash Brothers game.

My question is why is it so popular? I have never played it but ive seen people play it and i don't think it looks all that fun? Its just a bunch of characters beating the shit out of each other like mortal kombat looks like. What am i missing here?

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Give it a shot and you may sing a different tune. But if fighting games are not your thing you may not like it. I am pumped and if anyone sees me online aying send me a challenge!

Im definitely not knocking it, i just dont see why everyone likes it so much. Maybe fighting games just arent for me because im not a big fan of MK either. I think its fun to play a few matches of it and then i quickly get bored of all the button mashing. Thats why i was wondering if Smash Brothers was anything different than like Mortal Kombat. It sounds like pretty much the same thing maybe?

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Give it a shot and you may sing a different tune. But if fighting games are not your thing you may not like it. I am pumped and if anyone sees me online aying send me a challenge!

Maybe I'll trade Splatoon 2 in on it because i dont like that game at all and i can still get a fair trade in on it. Worst thing that happens is i end up with another game that i don't like but has good trade in value.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It’s not like most fighting games. Beyond the novelty of various unconnected Nintendo and third party characters brawling, it’s very simple for non-gamers to pick up and play. It doesn’t have overly complicated button combinations. It’s a grab and go game that also has seasoned players.
And don’t underestimate the coolness of the GameCube controllers.....which you can still use on the Switch!

That sounds a little better maybe because one if the things i dont like about mortal kombat is theres no way in hell i can remember all.of those button combinations so with the exception of a few moves i am doing alot of buttom mashing while fighting and hoping for the best.

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Awesome game! Im surprised its not mentioned here any more than what it is.

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, kinda shocking. Mario Kart, ARMS, and Splatoon 2 run perfectly smooth online.

They will get it figured out soon i bet. Even Playstation and XBOX has trouble sometimes still when games first launch. They arent going to let Smash Brothers fail as big of a game as it is.

#1736 5 years ago

Where is all the Smash Brothers hype? I thought this thread would be on fire once that game came out?

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Too busy playing.
Also, remember to fire up Splatoon 2 for the Smash themed Splatfest on Saturday! Heroes Vs. Villains!!!!

I cant get into Splatoon Rarehero. I may trade it in on Smash Brothers maybe? Cant decide what im gonna do yet.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, everyone else who loves the best game ever - get in on that Splatfest!!

Best game ever? Lol...no way. You should pick up Diablo 3 if you haven't played it yet, its awesome.

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, I don’t play dark and dingy looking ugly PC games. If you can’t get into the competitive & colorful nature of Splatoon, you may not like Smash either. It’s a very technical and precise competitive game.

Diablo is far from ugly, its quite the opposite actually. I figure if i traded splatoon for smash and i didnt like it that im in the same boat as i was so what the heck? It would just be another game that i dont play so id be no worse off with smash bros than i am with splatoon.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I think it is fair to say you guys don’t like the same kinds of games. I happen to love both games. Everyone is different.
That said I already have 50 hours in Smash Ultimate...

Smash looks pretty good. Ive been watching it a little on Twitch.

3 weeks later
#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I can not believe they made a port of Civilization VI for the switch. I saw that, froze, and bought a Switch for myself with the game on the spur of the moment last night. It's incredible.

Ove never played Civilization but it has ny interest also. Not sure if its something id like ir not butin thinking about giving it a try someday because honestly the lineup of games for the Switch just doesnt do much for me. You should give Diablo 3 a try also if you've never played it.

1 week later
#1910 5 years ago

Bought Donkey Kong JR. On the Switch store last night for 7.99. Brought back some fun memories!

2 months later
#2087 5 years ago

Haven't had my Switch fired up in a long time but i turned it on last night and it was nice to see Mike Tysons punch out on there as one of their free games. I like that and my 3 Donkey Kong games. I sure wish i could get my hands on the original RBI Baseball. I loved that game.

1 month later
#2195 4 years ago

Playing some Mike Tysons Punch out and Donkey Kong Jr. Do you guys ever play those two games?

#2197 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Punch Out is a fav of mine, play it all the time. All the emulated versions seem pretty tough and it was hard enough on the NES. The arcade version is still my favorite. I can still easily beat the arcade version but it's been years since I beat the NES version.

The free game that is on the switch is the dame game that was on the NES right? Did you ever beat Tyson? Hes a MF!

#2199 4 years ago

you get the Mr Dream version and not the Tyson version. only way to play tyson is emulation or an NES

Really? Is Mr. Dream really good like Tyson was? Ive never heard if him before? I stopped playing Nintendo after the NES and just recently got a Switch.

#2201 4 years ago

same guy just reskinned and renamed. some legal dispute with tysons camp back in the day. There is Mike Tysons Punch Out and Punch Out for the NES
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh ok gotcha. One game that i wish they would put on the switch is the original RBI Baseball. That game was so much fun.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sadly sports games on Switch are just not a good investment. The hardware does not allow for parity so you get a lesser product and it doesn’t sell. The online community is also nowhere near parity and that is the driving force behind sports.

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? Thats the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Kinda doubt it since it used mlbpa player names/likeness’

I forgot about that. Man that sucks

4 months later
#2572 4 years ago

How come nobody is talking about Luigi's Mansion? That game looks pretty sweet!

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've been playing little bits here and there. It starts slow, but thats how they get you into the story and game play/controls. I really enjoy it! if you liked the gamecube one, you'll enjoy this. As the IGN review said, it is the best ghostbusters game ever made.....coop is the icing on the cake

I have never played a Luigi's Mansion game but I'm considering picking this one up.

8 months later
#3315 3 years ago

So will Nintendo be coming out with a new console like Sony and Microsoft? I like my switch but I'm a little underwhelmed by the game selection on it. I was hoping for a lot more old classics, especially arcade classics like Paperboy, BurgeTime, RBI Baseball etc

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

No. Not a new console. But you can get a modded version of another console and have all those games for free. I have a modded switch with every game on it from most consoles. It’s possible.

That would be pretty cool. I looked for BurgerTime the other day and they had a new BurgerTime game on there but not the original..I want the original and I'd like to see Paperboy and many others also. I do have Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr though, they are pretty fun to play.

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Ps4 controllers feel like they were built for my daughter rather than me. Xbox controllers are the best of all time, and it's not close.

Most people say the opposite and hate the XBOX controllers including me. PlayStation sold 64 million more consoles than XBOX also so i think that pretty much tells the story right there.

3 months later
#3537 3 years ago

Looking for a new switch game. Mario Odyssey , Luigi’s Mansion 3.......or something else?

#3544 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. I got a pro controller last nite from Amazon and I plan to start playing my switch a little more.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Agreed. Pricey, but a much better playing experience. I don't like using the stock controllers at all.

Hooked up the pro controller last night and it is a great great controller. Playstation is my favorite console but I gotta say the Nintendo Pro controller seems to be a much better controller than the playstation controllers. You can just tell that it is good quality and holy crap, is it true that it has a 40 hour battery life? That's amazing if true!

#3549 3 years ago

Ok quick question. I am looking at the free games in the Super Nintendo store and I see Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2. I have heard Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a remake of I'm guessing one of these two games? What is the difference between

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

#3551 3 years ago

I dove back into Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze tonight and i just had a blast let me tell ya. Anyone who has a switch and has not played this game needs to buy it right now because its a masterpiece!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.