q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1039 5 years ago

For anyone that is a fan of 3D platformers with an RPG twist the game Dead Cells will be released for the Switch on August 7th. I played the game on the Switch this year at PAX East and its awesome. Reminds me of Super Metroid and Castlevania a bit. The game has been in early access on Steam (PC) with great reviews.

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Metroidvania style? Right up my alley!

Oh yeah! Exactly.

1 month later
#1190 5 years ago

Just a heads up, Dead Cells for the Switch is now out and has been getting stellar reviews! I'm going to buy it on the eShop this evening.

"Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat."

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dead-cells

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yoku’s Island Express is on sale on the eShop for $11.99!!! Sweeeeet!!!

Awesome deal, had been wanting to pick this up (I mean download it on the eShop, lol), purchased!

2 weeks later
#1256 5 years ago

NBA 2K18 for $13.50 if anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUAOE7I/

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Simple question. How does one keep up with all the games hitting the consoles these days? Seriously. If I start a game, I need to finish it without starting another one, simply because I would have moved on to that other game. But to even sit down for 20+ hours on one game before moving to another game hitting the shelves seems impossible to me!
then throw pinball into the mix!
Anyway, good variety for everyone I suppose!

Haha, yeah, have been there. Personally I've stopped trying to beat every game before moving onto the next and instead think about how many hours per dollar I got out of the game. Take Skyrim for example, I've spent probably 60 hours in the game and I'm no where close to beating it. If I paid $60 for it originally a dollar an hour was well worth it. Another is Mario Oddysee, I didn't collect every moon but beat the main game and spent a good 25 hours on it so far. I paid $50 for it so I paid $2 an hour for it which I'm totally cool with.

To keep up with all of the new games coming out and game news I've listened to the GiantBomb (as well as their Giant Beastcast) podcasts for the past 10 years. The guys over there have a ton of experience in covering games and don't come across as fake. A lot of good laughs too.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Friend codes. That’s what I was bummed about. I mean for NES classic games anyway. Regular online games like Splatoon 2 and Rocket league play as they normally would with match making and pairing players.
I wish i could jump into any NES classic game with a rando. Ah well.

Yeah, Nintendo still doesn't seem to really fully understand the internet. Friend codes are ridiculous. I have no problem paying $20 a year for their online service but they need to offer more features for it. Two great community features from their other systems, Street Pass on the 3Ds and the Mii Verse on the Wii U are non existent on the Switch. The Switch would benefit a ton if it had both of those and add a lot of fun to the online experience.

There's also the issue with their new cloud save system, some games offer it while others do not as Nintendo doesn't want to allow it for certain games. Oh, if you do want to play online with voice chat you have to use a seperate app on your phone...I don't get it and neither does Nintendo, lol. Hell, Nintendo could probably get away with charging $50 a year for their online service, like MS and Sony, if they offered features such as Street Pass, Mii Verse, got rid of friend codes in favor of gamer tags, offered cloud saves for all games, had built in voice chat and expanded their included virtual catalog offering.

2 weeks later
#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Any big games that can be purchased on both I’ll always go Switch. The fact that you can take them anywhere is a big selling point for me. Plus I enjoy the weight and feel of the Switch pro controller more when it’s in docked mode.

Good points, same. I have a PS4 but I'm happy I bought Dead Cells for the Switch.

1 month later
#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

my buddy mostly only digital downloads for both switch and ps4 and his ISP is now screwing him cause of all the data used because of it lol

Wow, yeah. Data caps are still a big issue for many and the issue will be even more prevalent next generation as games likely shift to using true 4K assets for the XBOX Two (or whatever it will be called lol) and PS5.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a version of the next XBOX and PS that is a streaming only device, where the games are streamed from MS / Sony servers to their devices, and a second that is a more powerful version that supports physical disks. I also think a version that supports physical disks is likely as a majority of XBOX One and PS4 owners will expect for their current games to be backwards compatible on the next gen systems. With the current generation using an X86 architecture (same as PC's) there's no longer an excuse for next gen systems not to support current gen games if its also X86 based.

3 months later
#2028 4 years ago

Wow, new Nintendo Direct today. Tons of classic games coming to the Switch!

3 months later
#2295 4 years ago

I think theres also been rumors that a more powerful Switch is in the works and could be released as early as December. I can see Nintendo offering a higher spec Switch that plays at 1080p in handheld mode (versus 720p today), comes with a higher quality screen, better D pad, and better battery life.

3 years later
#4252 11 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's a pretty good deal, especially vs. $70, but they want physical. $70 for a game just seems nuts.

Quoted from mcluvin:

It just seems like $40 was the going rate not so long ago. You can say who cares about $10 likes it's such a paltry amount. They love you for that. It adds up.

Games were $60+ 20-30 years ago. Game development costs have gone up significantly since then. Consumers not being able to move past the $60 price point is one reason why DLC, season passes, and free to play offerings are now so big. I'll happily pay $70 for a new Zelda game that will offer 50+ hours of high quality story based gameplay versus the same price for a yearly Call of Duty release with a 4 hour campaign and a rinse / repeat multiplayer offering.

fdgfgf (resized).jpgfdgfgf (resized).jpg

#4279 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If anyone is thinking about the Zelda collectors OLED, be very careful. Here is regular OLED VS Zelda OLED. I suspect a lot of people are going to be trying to cash in, dump the collectors and the screens are shit.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up. I was debating on “upgrading” to one of these from an original Switch but not now. Will wait for a true successor to the Switch which hopefully is only a year or two away.

A Switch 2 or whatever has to be a year or two a way at this point right? The hardware in the current Switch is rather old.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.