q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#498 6 years ago

Guys,

Can you recommend the best arcade style joystick for the switch? Is there anything like the old NES Advantage joy stick?

Thanks

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick has gotten excellent reviews.

Great, thanks very much.

#511 6 years ago

Taking my daughter over to Toys R Us to pick one up tonight.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Good to hear I wanted to try that game but skipped it because of the negative reviews along with wwe 2k18, maybe I’ll give them a shot.

You'll miss a lot of great things in life when believing reviews created by people who aren't qualified to write them.

3 months later
#726 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't want to come off as a "debbie downer" but is anyone else getting fed up with amazon shipping collector's editions of games in bubble mailers?
I ordered a couple copies of shantai: the ultimate day one edition" and they arrive all crushed. I wrote a nice little paragraph in the comments section on why I was returning them and had them resend the order. it arrives 2 days later exactly the same way, and in the same condition
I spoke with an amazon customer rep today and explained my frustration and she agreed that amazon.com (us) needs to step it up. amazon.co.jp puts the contents of your order onto a cardboard board that is shrinkwrapped, securing the items, which is then put into a box and shipped. and as such, I have never had an issue with any of my items from halfway around the globe from amazon.co.jp arriving damaged.

I don't use Amazon anymore.

Almost all of the Toys/Games we purchase are through Target and Walmart and there is never an issue. The Walmart orders arrive in 2 business days without spending the money on the silly Prime membership.

7 months later
#1862 5 years ago

What is the best arcade style stick for the Switch, regardless of price?

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

don't know if it is the best but the n30 from 8bitdo is great. http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/
Bluetooth rechargeable.
Works with the PC too.

This is what I need! Thanks very much!

1 year later
#3214 3 years ago

Guys,

Who makes the best screen protector for the Switch Lite?
My nephew is staying with us through the pandemic and we bought him one for his birthday next week.

Thanks,
Mike

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thats what I got for my normal switch and would recommend. I would assume they make switch lite versions.
EDIT:
found it
amazon.com link »

Thank you!

1 year later
#3899 2 years ago

Off topic, but are you aware of any reputable source which repairs the original Wii?

One Wii isn’t reading the disc and the other has static/snow all over the picture.

Thanks

#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just out of curiosity, did you try a different A/V cable with the seconds Wii the static on the screen?

No, but I’ll ask my daughter to pick up a new cable today and we will give it a try.

Thanks for the advice.

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are you up for any diy?
The Wii isn’t too bad to disassemble, you can swap the entire cdrom or replace just the laser. I forgot if there is a pot screw, for the laser (there should be) that could be adjusted as well.

Ya, for sure try another set of cables. Good call. Also try another tv/cables. Which cables are you using? Component, composite, hdmi adapter?

I can give it a shot. Where do I buy the drive from, Amazon?

I believe the cables are composite, but I’ll check tonight. It runs through an older Marantz receiver.

Thanks very much.

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You'll need a dvd/cdrom and a tri-wing y1 driver.
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Game-Console/Nintendo-Wii-DVD-Drive/IF207-001?o=1
amazon has cdroms and triwings as well
amazon.com link »
Try plugging your wii directly into the tv, many times having a pass through device, receiver, capture device can mess it up.

Just ordered from ifixit, thanks.

I disconnected the Wii from the receiver, but I still have the interference. Searching for the cable, none to be found at Target or Walmart.

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Seriously though:
amazon.com link »

Thanks, order placed.

4 months later
#4127 2 years ago

I am looking for a Switch game that two 12 year old girls would enjoy playing together. Is there anything you can recommend?
I have two of my nieces staying the weekend and am looking for something that they would really enjoy.
Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=Mike_J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.