q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 6 years ago

Ordered a switch and odyssey online and it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to crack it open this weekend with my 12 year old daughter. It's tough to find 2 player couch co-op's these days that are worth playing. Everything is online focused which I have had no interest in since my Warcraft days.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't necessarily want a run and gun. I just like action based not turn based. It's why I love Zelda but won't play Final
Fantasy. As far as shooting goes, Splatoon 2 pretty much has me covered. That's the perfect shooter for my sensibilities.

I would highly suggest you check out FFXV, it's amazing. FF hasn't been turn based for the last few iterations (although you can turn on turn based fighting in the options for those that prefer to play it the old school way).

1 week later
#313 6 years ago

Just picked up B2G1 at Frys electronics. Got BOTW EE, Mario cart 8, and Splatoon 2 for $119.99.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Switch owners...family of four (2 adults and 2 kids age 7 and 9)...what accessories/controllers are best? Pro controllers? Game suggestions?

I can't play with the joycons (but I'm old and used to PS controllers). The kids are much better with the joycons then I am. I recommend the pro controllers especially if you're used to traditional gaming controllers. At least then you can slowly work yourself into the joycons. Trying to play two players with one joycon each is not fun at all, so I would recommend buying a pro and then seeing what everyone likes best and purchase as needed from there.

They have several Nintendo branded joycon chargers that are on Cyber Monday sales you may want to check out. There have been some reliability concerns with generic chargers over charging but YMMV. Mario Kart is probably the best whole family game besides 1-2 Switch. Mario is capable of two players but since the second player is the hat, it's kind of annoying to have to communicate to the other person where to go and what your strategy is. Plus the camera can only follow one person which makes it difficult. I actually bought it for a couch co-op with my daughter but in practice we lost interest in playing that way (might be fun for two younger kids though). Played Mario kart all night last night though so that was fun. We also have Splatoon and Zelda but haven't cracked those open yet. Unfortunately neither of those are two player local

The death of the couch co-op still pisses me off........ How else am I supposed to get my kid to do anything with me!?!?!

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m thinking of getting a 4K oled tv, but concerned how the switch looks on it…anyone know?

Looks great on my LG oled.

3 weeks later
#389 6 years ago

If I never play that God Damn rolling acrobat section again in the food land it'll still be too soon....... I must have died 30+ times jumping on those stupid rotating squares, circles, and cylinders!

It was "the last thing before bed" and it kept me up for an extra hour.

4 months later
#703 5 years ago

No talk about their recent announcement? Online play, cloud backup, Switch online app, NES game play on your Switch, and no virtual console (as of now).

11 months later
#2101 4 years ago

I've been playing video games since I was very young starting with my parents Atari 5200. Saved up my own money and bought my own personal Nintendo so I wouldn't have to share it with my two younger brothers lol. My backstory is there to state that I am a pretty experienced console and computer gaming veteran.

However.... somehow playing BOTW makes me feel like an idiot gaming newb. I'm not much for using guides or walkthroughs but I feel that there is little or no guidance as to how to proceed at the beginning of the game. Open world concept is great but there should be some clear enough progression markers to get you going.

I just finished GOW and Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 and I'm a huge fan of how they handled guiding you along in the large open worlds. Hell I even used to play WOW and that did well moving you along.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. I'm a huge Zelda fan since the first iteration but I'm having a hard time connecting with this one.

#2111 4 years ago

I have 4 hearts and everything is one shotting me. I don't even really know how to make the weapons stronger or my strength or whatever. I dont even know what the numbers mean by my weapons and armor. Durability I guess. Which brings me to another little irritation, consumability. I don't mind repairing but finding new shit all the time is annoying. I haven't cooked or eaten one item yet, since everything one shots me I pretty much just kite them around trying to blow them up with my bombs.

I'm not looking to be hand held but there is probably a nice middle ground.

I'm doing the elephant now but the stupid water ganon one shots me as soon as I get to the pedestals. The one way I make it there is hiding behind the altar and popping out to hit him with one arrow at a time.

2 weeks later
#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

this could be a fun one..

Looks cool. Reminds me a lot of ALTTP which I played through a bunch of times. As recently as about a year ago. Speaking of remakes.......

2 weeks later
#2178 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

"I buy pinball machines but I'm a cheap bastard." LOL

First purchase I made for mine was to buy two controllers. I definitely prefer playing with those.

2 weeks later
#2225 4 years ago

Target has a bunch of switch games at 30% off with in store pick up. Including new releases. I just bought a few new titles.

2 weeks later
#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yes the game is great and still has a ton of people playing every day.

LoL, mine is still wrapped...but then again I just cracked open BOTW a little while ago which was a day one purchase. Too many games too little time.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

First the Uncharted franchise is pretty much the crown jewel right now but Tombraider is similar style and very good give it a try. If you missed The Last Of Us it is another killer game from Naughty Dog. The new God of War is incredible as well.

Agreed go buy GOW and Horizon Zero Dawn for ps4 do not pass go do not collect $200. Once you get done with those worry about a switch lol.

The games on the Nintendo platform for me are all about fun quirky type games, Mario, and Zelda franchises. I don't ever expect any huge sweeping epics or good adventure games on it. That's what my ps4 is for.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The new GOW has significantly departed from the old games. Its not really an action heavy brawler anymore, it's much more of a cinematic adventure.

This 100%, Uncharted is my favorite series and I feel that the new GOW is very much inline with that type of game along with HZD.

1 month later
#2367 4 years ago

Don't forget your free switch online account for 12 months if you have Amazon Prime.

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

2 weeks later
#2382 4 years ago

I have mine coming from BB with the discount but won't arrive until the 25th. I might go buy it in store and return the delivered one if I get bored this weekend.

#2387 4 years ago

If you read the reviews from the major sites that have had it for the past 7 days, this is one of the compromises of no loading delays like the original. You will get the frame rate drop as you go into newer areas especially when it's rapid. I heave read that it is definitely noticeable but that you do get used to it.

2 weeks later
#2477 4 years ago

Just finished Link's awakening. While I enjoyed it (probably a little early frustration from starting in hard mode), it's a little light in content for a $60 price tag. Fortunately I got it from my brothers BB gamer club membership but that was probably a little heavy still at $53. I feel it's probably more like a $39.99 game for the time/enjoyment I got from it.

I'm not comparing this to a PS4 game necessarily (just speaking about $ spent) but to see recent offerings that I just finished playing as well (like GOW and HZD) for $60 at the same price as LA, I just feel I need to get a little more for my Nintendo money.

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

While it was full price, it took me over 10hrs to beat, sooo the price vs time/enjoyment was a good value imo. However id you think it is over priced, wait until it is used or play the original on nes classic app on switch.
Well I think I’ll snag the ghostbusters remaster for switch to play before Luigi! I have a few plane flights coming up as well so it will be something fun

Unfortunately you can't asses the value until you've played it which usually means you've already bought it. I don't mind paying any price for things that are "worth it" to me (obviously with thousands of dollars worth of pins). I just usually look for about 20-40 hours worth of play for a game at $60. At least if it was a hell of an amazing 10 hours. In the end it was pretty fun and a nice scratch of the Zelda itch just not my full $53 worth. I might sell it as I'm not sure I'll keep it for any replay factor and I don't usually sell any of my games.

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I mean you can google reviews before buying..it was a remaster from gameboy so you kind of knew what you were getting....

Reviews I read were glowing, not that I really give much stock to reviews unless it's a landslide one direction or another. Either way $60 isn't going to break anyone here but everyone is entitled to feel whether it was money well spent or not and for me, I just didn't get my monies worth.

I didn't mention it but it's frighteningly drastic a difference if you are to compare BOTW to LA for the same price. That's my Nintendo to Nintendo, even Zelda to Zelda bang for my buck comparison.

Now to decide the next game to sink my teeth into... that is as soon as we finish binging Downton Abbey

1 week later
#2542 4 years ago

Wow took the advice and purchased Ori this morning. It's very fun and beautifully made.

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 week later
#2556 4 years ago

If anyone want's my copy of Links Awakening, I'll let it go as well. Just let me know.

1 week later
#2595 4 years ago

I found using the joycons in the combined controller set up to feel awkward. I bought the Nintendo dedicated controllers and feel they are much better.

1 week later
#2631 4 years ago

Picked up Luigi's Mansion for $42 so we'll see how that is. Looks pretty cool.

4 weeks later
#2741 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191219-172513_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191219-172513_Gmail (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2850 4 years ago

Any feedback on Ring Fit Adventure? The wife brought it up that it looked "interesting" and that she'd be willing to play it but wanted some feedback if possible before I dropped the $80 on it.

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/heroki-switch/
Neat looking platformer on sale for $2--burn those spare coins!
The peaceful sky village of Levantia is in danger! The dastardly Dr. N. Forchin and his accomplice, Vapor, have stolen the Emerix - a powerful amulet and all hope may be lost! Fly into a beautiful action adventure and save a whimsical world full of flight and fantasy. Master the wind to fly, freefall, dash and bash your way across beautiful 3D rendered sky-islands, jungles, seas and deserts.
FEATURES
10+ hours of deep gameplay
Fly, freefall and fight, with the help of the wind and a propeller
Master new skills such as powerful Dash and Bash attacks or use the power of Wind to solve puzzles
Spawn many Power-ups such as a Shield, Hourglass, Aeroblade and more
Find hidden treasures and collect many items
Explore four stunning worlds
Meet and befriend a cast of friendly characters
Face dozens of unique enemies and prepare for an epic boss battle
Discover a host of islands within your village to play mini-games and side-quests to earn special rewards
60FPS Full HD performance
HD Rumble

Looks like the designer had just played Ori before they came up with that game. I loved that game so might give this one a try.

2 months later
#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was really excited about Ori and the blind forest, given the great reviews and my lifelong passion for all Metroidvania games.
It got me very frustrated to the point that I ended up giving up. Too bad you can’t resell eshop games I would have been happy to get 5$ back.
My main issue is with the floaty controls, especially for the jumps that require millimeter precision control. I also found it fairly hard to make the difference between what you can do and what you can’t do yet. IMO a base component of the genre.
The odd thing is I have the same problem with the controls on Panzer Dragoon, I’m a die hard fan of the Saturn game, but same as Ori the controls are floaty and totally not fit for the amount of precision the game requires.
It makes me wonder if there are some issues with the SDK or if floaty is just a common trait of modern controls.

I really enjoyed the game. I played through it a few times going up levels in difficulty. I don't necessarily consider myself a pro level gamer by any means but I did manage to nail all the timing with a little practice. Don't get me wrong, there are sections that took numerous attempts (sometimes a frustrating amount) , like the times when you have a scrolling escape to make. I'm sorry it didn't click for you as it's a beautiful game. At least it only cost a few bucks. There are much more expensive gaming regrets in my history lol (Link's Awakening).

I was hoping the second one would release simultaneously on switch since I don't have an Xbox and I'm not really looking to play it on my PC.

1 week later
#3153 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Any thoughts on Ori and the Blind Forest?
I downloaded the demo and like it, wasn't sure about the whole game.

I loved it. Played through it a few different times. As soon as I know the sequel is coming to Switch, I'll play through it again in preparation.

1 week later
#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

anyone play Animal crossing with their young child? I dont have time to play AC myself everyday, but if I play with my 2.5 yr old she would get a kick out of picking up fruit etc.

No but my 16 yo plays it on her phone all the time.

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I was looking for a new game after finishing BOTW. I didn't know that Hollow Knight was on the Switch. $15. I decided to give it a try.I always heard it was awesome. I just never got around to trying it. I've played tons of metroidvania games, but this one really stands out. Great game

Boom, Ori. Nailed it... unless you've already played it. If so, just go play it again

1 week later
#3215 3 years ago

Bought this one for my regular switch and it's great. Maybe they have one for the lite as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

2 weeks later
#3261 3 years ago

Always interesting what Google recommends for me based on their algorithm.

https://gizmodo.com/hacker-permanently-solves-nintendo-switch-joy-con-drift-1843605860/amp

1 week later
#3269 3 years ago

If anyone was a big fan of Ori on the switch, they just discounted the sequel $6 on PC to $23.99. It's going to be weird getting used to different controls but I didn't want to have to wait for some possible port to switch 4 years from now like the original. Plus I had to have something that at least used some of the capacity of my new GeForce RTX 2080 Super...

1 month later
#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So will Nintendo be coming out with a new console like Sony and Microsoft? I like my switch but I'm a little underwhelmed by the game selection on it. I was hoping for a lot more old classics, especially arcade classics like Paperboy, BurgeTime, RBI Baseball etc

Its only been out for 3 years and it's still selling like hot cakes. My guess is it will be around for quite some time yet. Even if they try to add a dedicated home console as well with improved processing to capture more of the gaming market share, they will still support the Switch platform as a handheld option like they did with the GB/GBA/GBC/DS.

2 months later
#3485 3 years ago

Oooh! Will of the Wisps is coming for Switch. I bought it for PC and used my PS4 controller to play it because they A: wouldn't say whether a Switch port was coming and B: I didn't want to wait.

I highly recommend both the original as well as the sequel.

3 months later
#3597 3 years ago

I got Will of the Wisps for Christmas. I own it on PC already because I didn't want to wait and see if they were going to port it or not. Since I liked both games so much, I wanted to be able to play them on my 85" and projector. I got a PS5 as well though so it might have to wait a while.

3 weeks later
#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

How is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I know it is a gameboy remake, but is it worth playing?

I got it on release day for $40 or so and only got about 10 hours of game play out if it. I hadn't played it for the Gameboy but I was hoping it'd be more like A Link to the Past. I ended up giving it to a nephew for Christmas.

In the end, it's probably worth $20-$25 for the 10 hour playthrough.

7 months later
#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:actually, the new model has the following improvements:
- 7" OLED display (vs. the original's 6.2" LED display)
- front facing speakers (vs. the original's on the bottom of the system)
- full length kickstand
- 64GB of main memory (vs. the original's 32GB)

Wired LAN, OLED is a little heavier in weight (.93lb vs .88lb) and I also read that battery life duration is also a little longer VS the initial release version of the Switch.

1 month later
#3980 2 years ago

At Disneyland now but I will definitely be cracking into metroid when I return!

1 week later
#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I've been playing Metroid Dread, it's all fun except for having to work around those stupid robots. It's like adding an element of rush to a game that doesn't really need that. I'm going to want to finish it, but not sure if I will with that aspect.

Hahaha! I just started playing it tonight and I was like wtf is this? Did they just take the only irritating part of Ori and stick it into Metroid...?

#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

One tip especially if your just starting out reverse the trigger and bumpers before you get used to the controls. It is way easier if aim and missile are on trigger instead of bumper. My hands were killing me but reversed them it got so much better.

Thanks, I'll look into this!

#4041 2 years ago

None of the ones around me have them in stock. I need to find one by Christmas for the kiddo.

#4057 2 years ago

No Gauntlet Legends!? Psha!

#4062 2 years ago

GS has the Ori collection pretty cheap for those who haven't had the opportunity to play them yet. Visually stunning and great playing metroidvania type game that I very much enjoyed.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/ori-the-collection----nintendo-switch/11156042.html

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm getting OLED Switch Notifications, from Amazon and Best Buy if people are searching looks like restocks are dropping.

My brother is on "please wait" on the BB checkout screen. The one he had secured for me two days ago through Walmart was cancelled yesterday. I keep refreshing both as well with no luck yet.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I snagged an oled today at bb. So I guess my launch switch is for sale if anybody is interested. It is in great condition.

Online or in store?

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thanks for pointing this out. I picked the collection up this weekend. I'm only a couple hours into the first one but am really enjoying it so far.

I hope you enjoy them, they really are great games.

1 week later
#4080 2 years ago

Wife picked up a white Oled at a GS in store restock so the kiddo's Christmas is all set (now I can get mine back to finally play Dread). She just happened to be by one doing something else at Target and dropped in. She batted her eyes at the guy and he called all the local stores nearby and got them to hold one for her while she went over to go pick it up. Good to know at umm "40 something", she's still got it.

1 week later
#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just picked up Metroid Dread on a whim, haven’t played a Metroid since Super Metroid. Anyone have any time on it yet? Is it good?

I played about an hour on it before my daughter disappeared with it and has been in an animal crossings coma ever since. Wasn't a huge fan of the escape the EMMI when it first happened but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Seemed pretty cool otherwise. I am a big metroidvania fan though. Highly recommend Bloodstained ROTN if anyone hasn't played it yet and likes those types of games.

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got hooked to it and finished it in 2 days. It's a great game, I know the EMMI got criticized but I think it's a welcomed change of pace that adds some tension in an overall fairly contemplative and easy game.
Clearly Dread is far from Super Metroid but I doubt anyone will ever reach that master piece, but it takes a good place next to Fusion, a well put well designed Metroid although a bit too guided.

How about a super metroid remake? We're remaking everything else, why not.

1 month later
#4148 2 years ago

The second Zelda was such a jarring difference in the overall look and feel that it was hard for me to get into nearly as much as the original. I definitely played and finished it multiple times back then but have zero interest in playing it again unlike some of the other Zelda titles.

#4192 2 years ago

My daughter and I who both own switches like physical copies so that we can hand off the game to each other once we are done playing it. I'll also loan and swap games with other people I know as well like my brother and people at work. To me, that ability will always outweigh the convenience of digital copies. Not to mention salvaging costs by selling used games is a nice perk.

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I share digital games on Sony, log in on their console download the games, log out. When they log in under their account the game is there for them to play. It's that easy. The caveat is they can't download your games but you can download a game for other people and it stays until they delete it. I think you can even both play at the same time, I haven't confirmed this but I know I have multiple copies of the same game on other consoles at the same time.

Yea I understand there are ways to log in and set as your primary PS or playing remotely through another device. I just prefer not to do any of that and simply hand her the disk.

3 months later
#4225 1 year ago

I really want Gauntlet Legends.

1 year later
#4244 11 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Costco has the new Zelda physical + the Zelda Power A Case for $75. Anybody seen a better deal than that for this game?

I got it from super shop for $65 w\tax & shipping. Not sure if the deal is still valid for the $8 off.

#4274 11 months ago

Just got my TOTK shipping notice. We'll see how long the post office takes to get it here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.