q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by InfiniteLives. You are on page 1 of 2.
1 month later
#588 6 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Celeste is a great game if anyone is on the fence about it.

hopeing for a physical release!

#590 6 years ago

if you are looking to preorder the collectors edition of Octopath Traveler, there is a live preorder on Game Stop's website. Do not see it anywhere else. Would assume it sells out fairly quickly, being a new RPG from Square Enix and all

1 week later
#594 6 years ago

waiting has paid off! physical release of Sonic Mania (Sonic Mania Plus) with a bunch of bonus stuff! you can preorder on amazon and get it for $24 shipped! woohoo

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17131294/sonic-mania-plus-release-date-new-characters-encore-mode

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

glad I waited, I have all the sonics on Genesis and Mania on PS4 but I would love a physical copy. might have been my personal favorite of last year

i bought the collectors edition then sold the d/l code lol awaiting the physical release. stoked it paid off.

1 month later
#698 5 years ago

donkey kong was awesome on wii u but no need to buy and play it again, was hoping for a new game with the ip. The only appeal would be to play it on the go but I hardly ever play my switch anywhere but at home so meh

BoTW is amazing but I love the top down zeldas. A link between worlds on 3ds is one of the best games ever imo. A link to the past is probably my fav game of all time but ALBW is a better game.

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I have no idea. The sailing was tedious. I can confidently say that I was one of the few people that had no issues at all with Toon Link. I guess I kind of fibbed a bit. I finished Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass as well.

spirit tracks is the only (canon) zelda i have not finished... just couldnt stand it

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The DS ones are perhaps the only 2 Zeldas I haven't even played! You can only move around with the stylus in those, right? I think that turned me off from buying them when they came out.

yeah its been a long time since i played them but i think its touch screen controls only.

have you played link between worlds on 3ds? amazing game.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Recently finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I would strongly suggest picking it up this weekend. Even though I played Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, I bought it again for the Switch and still think it’s one of the best platformers ever made.

Quoted from V_piscopo:

I second zenoblade 2. Once you fully understand the fighting system it is a super fun game.

if you havent played any others in the series is that a problem?

#720 5 years ago

I was really hoping theyd do an hd re-release of skyward sword on wii u so you could play it without the wii remote control scheme. too bad thatll never happen, but maybe they will port it to switch

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't want to come off as a "debbie downer" but is anyone else getting fed up with amazon shipping collector's editions of games in bubble mailers?
I ordered a couple copies of shantai: the ultimate day one edition" and they arrive all crushed. I wrote a nice little paragraph in the comments section on why I was returning them and had them resend the order. it arrives 2 days later exactly the same way, and in the same condition
I spoke with an amazon customer rep today and explained my frustration and she agreed that amazon.com (us) needs to step it up. amazon.co.jp puts the contents of your order onto a cardboard board that is shrinkwrapped, securing the items, which is then put into a box and shipped. and as such, I have never had an issue with any of my items from halfway around the globe from amazon.co.jp arriving damaged.

i got a crushed amiibo the other day from amazon i ordered because of this. i dont think amazon prime is really worth it anymore for gaming purposes as best buy gamer club is same discount but on all games even after release and amiibos and stuff and its only $20 for two years. prime doesnt give you the discount on collectors edition anymore either. they upped the price as of today aswell to 120 a year. im out when mine expires.

#731 5 years ago

so if you didnt already have the b/w games you can no longer get them? even tho they said the end date was like june 30th or whatever?

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah man screw that owl...that was the hardest thing in the game for me so far, I'm through 5 other bosses and nothing was as hard as that one.

have you gotten to the volcano dome yet? that one took me the longest. the rest were pretty easy, well the under water one was kinda hard. im pretty good at those types of games tho, finished with a bunch of lives and never bought a balloon (or any item)

ive played thru the snes ones so many times, i tend to just find the secrets based on where i think theyd put them ha

#799 5 years ago

Battlechasers Night War finally came out for switch. Got my pre-order copy in last thursday.

pretty sweet game

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got Megaman Legacy Collection today...so that's 10 more games in my backlog lol ...it'll actually be fun to finally finish ALL of the MM games, just so I can say I did it. I think I've only finished 1 & 8. Maybe 2.
It's annoying that the physical release comes w/ a download code for Collection 2, but the cleaning cloth that comes with it is really nice.

yeah, i didnt pick it up because of the download code for the 2nd set of games, thats lame.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone excited for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?
Curse gets released on Thursday, i think. Will definitely be buying for $10. Ritual release date is TBA from what I can see, but definitely buying that too. Haven't played a good Metroidvania since SotN.

the $10 one looks awesome, might actually have to buy a digital game to play it

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't believe there will be a physical copy. The game was part of the stretch goals for the kickstarter for Ritual. Looks like an awesome throwback to Castlevania III with the character switching and general gameplay.

yeah my buddy showed me a video of it this past weekend. Pretty much no chance at physical, which is the only instance I will buy digital, but i have yet to buy a digital game on switch.

only way would be if limited run games picked it up, which would be cool!

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've bought a lot of digital games due to price or being digital only. Like, Conga Master Party is on sale right now for $6. Anything around $10 or less, I really can't complain.
I tend to go physical with the full priced $60 games...partially cuz they're cheaper with Amazon Prime, partially because at $60 I feel like I should have the right to sell it in the future if I don't like it. I just got Hyrule Warriors - and not being sure I'd even like the game, I definitely wanted physical.
Honestly, I wish I could just punch myself enough to just go full digital...because the convenience factor of just having everything on the system is awesome.

best buy gamer club is actually a sweet deal too ($20 for 2 years), same discount as preorder on prime but you can do it at any time and works on special editions and amiibos and shit like that too (like prime used to)

#820 5 years ago

Ahh that's really lame...

1 week later
#840 5 years ago

nice find!

ill def be getting it

#844 5 years ago

just watched a preview of Mega Man 11, it looks so good!

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if they'll bring out a physical copy of ikaruga for the switch now

fingers crossed but not holding my breath

#857 5 years ago

i posted this in the retro gaming thread earlier today but this thread seems to have some people who might want one, Amazon UK has some NES Classics for preorder and will ship to the US. about $65 US federal reserve notes will get you one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Entertainment-Electronic/dp/B01IFJEWTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1527630652&sr=1-1&keywords=Nintendo+Classic+Mini%3A+Nintendo+Entertainment+System+%28Electronic+Games%29

#882 5 years ago

if youre into physical copies, today is the last day to pre-order pixeljunk monsters 2 from Limited Run Games

https://www.limitedrungames.com/

#890 5 years ago

Dark Souls Amiibo is available for pre-order right now on Game Stop,just got one, probably wont last long

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

finally got one. thank you!

awesome!! yeah glad i finally scored one!

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:I'm glad I'm out of my "BUY ALL AMIIBOS" phase, and only buying ones of characters I know/love. I don't even know what Dark Souls is, so I can pass on this guy!

im in the same phase as you but dark souls is one of my fav series ever. I only collect zelda ones for the most part.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have been using emulators for forever, and I always thought the input lag was BS. I just never noticed it. About a year and a half ago, I was playing through the original Zelda on the Shield TV. I didn't notice any lag, and it played great. I bought an NES with an Everdrive just as I was finishing up the game. Holy crap! The difference was shocking. Just a fraction of a second, but really noticeable the first time you press a button on the real NES. I was amazed at how instantaneous it felt.

tada (resized).jpgtada (resized).jpg

1 week later
#944 5 years ago

wow never heard of killer queen black but it looks like Joust on steroids and acid! looks pretty sweet

1 week later
1 week later
#977 5 years ago

Selling a few im done with:

Bomberman R
Ittle Dew 2
Battlechasers Nightwar
Seiken Densetsu Collection Japanese Secret of Mana Collection

sell em all $100 shipped to pinsiders

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever play Flashback back in the Genesis, Super NES, Amiga era? How about the Switch remaster of it?
amazon.com link »

have it on snes, not a great game. weird choice for this??

#1004 5 years ago

looks like my patience/stubbornness may pay off for a Celeste physical release!

https://nintendosoup.com/celeste-is-receiving-a-physical-release-for-nintendo-switch/

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Night Trap open pre-orders are up on Limited Run Games, if anyone is interested in that culty piece of 80's schlock. I bit, as I just find it really funny that the most controversial Sega CD game of the 90's is now gonna be on a Nintendo cartridge lol. At the congressional hearings, Howard Lincoln said "Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo console". Hahahhaa!

i thought about it but then its such a bad game not really worth it lol. the limited edition with the vhs would be cool but not for $70 bucks. it sold out pretty quick anyways

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The standard edition is open pre-order and only $30. I could hang with that. I don't need all the other crap & I can still sell this one when I get bored of it.

yeah, its just not fun and really just a memorization game. if you want to experience the story and see all the scenes then you miss augers and let girls die. if you do everything right you dont get to watch it and see whats going on. neat game but not fun which is what i base my purchases on

#1022 5 years ago

Mario Rabbits & $30 shipped
Battle Chasers Nightwar - $25 shipped
Ittle Dew 2 - $25 shipped
Super Bomberman R - $30 shipped
secert of Mana collection Japanese - $35 shipped

$125 shipped for all

15311867263411387081052 (resized).jpg15311867263411387081052 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago:

Update:

Mario Rabbits SOLD
Super bomberman SOLD
Battle Chasers SOLD

all games sold have been shipped

#1026 5 years ago

octopath comes out tomorrow, im pretty excited! Have the special edition en route

#1030 5 years ago

i think it might have the makings to be a classic but i guess time will tell. I dont put much (or any) stock in reviews.

#1042 5 years ago

that looks really dope! and there is a physical copy so def on my list! thanks for the heads up

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I usually don't go for third party peripherals, but does anyone have a good alternative to the Pro controller? I can't justify the $65 price tag on those puppies.

dude its so worth it. its the best controller of all time. and ive owned almost every system from every company since the nes...

#1047 5 years ago

you can pre-order the new ridley and wolf amiibos off amazon or best buy as of right meow. if you have time left on your best buy gamer club you get the discount and can get $1 off each for picking up in store.

#1058 5 years ago

Amazon did the same to my yokus island so I cancelled and picked up at Best buy and still get the 20% with the games club (rip)

Pre-ordered the collectors edition and it arrived on launch day from best buy

It's really good, today was the first I got to play and played about 4 hours so far, really digging it

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

anyone want a sealed copy of wayfarer's edition of octopath traveler? I forgot that I had ordered them from amazon and gamestop so I've got an extra. the outer box has a slight ding in the upper corner where the switch logo is printed
$106 plus shipping (same as what I paid for it
pm me for details

Great deal for someone, scalpers charging way more

#1068 5 years ago

Sonic mania physical edition showed up today, too much awesome on the switch. My fav console since snes

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I already had it digital (since it was digital only grumble grumble) ...so I just bought the $5 upgrade to Plus. I was surprised the icon didn’t change. Slime-San has had a new icon every time it got an update. When you put in the Sonic cart, does the icon say Sonic Mania or Sonic Mania Plus?

Icon on switch just says Sonic Mania.

Here are some pics of what the physical looks like and comes with , has an art book and a reversible cover for retro style art

20180718_072147 (resized).jpg20180718_072147 (resized).jpg
20180718_072213 (resized).jpg20180718_072213 (resized).jpg
20180718_072302 (resized).jpg20180718_072302 (resized).jpg
20180718_072311 (resized).jpg20180718_072311 (resized).jpg

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm at 24 hours on Octopath Traveller in 4 days, it's not obsessional yet but getting close to it ! That's where the Switch is a fantastic system, Octopath follows me to my couch, to bed, to the bathroom and to "work" (can't say I've done much of that this week!).
It's nothing short from a masterpiece RPG, a tribute to the golden era of the 16 bits machine, while bringing some new and thrilling ideas to the table.
Definitely my killer title of the Switch so far, and of the year all together.

yeah, i havent had much free time to get into it, about 10 hours in, but love it. Gonna play it on the flight to pinburgh for sure. Glad i scored a collectors edition!

1 week later
#1106 5 years ago

was it docked or straight to the switch?

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’m wondering If the switch can do “on the rails” type light gun games? I know it’s a niche market for these style of games but I find them quite enjoyable....have a collection of them for for my Wii and PS3 respective motion controller set ups. I was a big fan of the NAMCO PS1/PS2 gun games.
I know the SWITCH motion controls are solid with games that have the tech implemented.

this might be up your alley

Thumper

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-9-thumper-preorder

not a gun game but its on rails

#1110 5 years ago

I’ve researched that game but I’m
Crappy at the rhythm action genre....parappa the rappa was even hard for me.
I like a gun peripheral, a reticule on the screen, and shooting baddies.

im pretty sure post-CRT televisions actual gun games dont exist without extra equipment (like playstation move, wii/wii u sensor bar, etc) , not sure you will find it on the switch anytime soon

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Did you guys see the limited edition where it comes with the gamecube controller and the 4 player hub! I havent found it on any websites to pre order yet
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/8/17664508/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-gamecube-controller

pretty dope, wonder what the price point will be?

you can pre order them separate; game for $60, controller for $30 and the adapter for $20

#1151 5 years ago

Best Buy has a bunch of Triple A Switch games on sale (mario,zelda,donkey kong, kirby etc), and if you still have gamer club rewards that stacks, so you can get some $60 games for $35.99

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm down with the portability but the price is pretty rough, there are so many great handheld and mobile games that are dirt cheap. Pricing on Switch is pretty crazy what I want for my switch is big new Nintendo titles. Everything else is better and cheaper on other platforms. Octopath has me really tempted but $90 CDN for an old school RPG, I just can't do it. Metroid can't come soon enough.
The downside of the lesser horse power hardware is it creates a very real lack of interest on the development side.

Octopath is amazing fwiw

#1180 5 years ago

used to have a red tent with a factory play choice 10 conversion on it, was pretty dope but they take up so much space, especially if you space it to have people play on each side.

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up, Dead Cells for the Switch is now out and has been getting stellar reviews! I'm going to buy it on the eShop this evening.
"Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat."
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dead-cells

Physical comes out the 21st (according to Best buy) for those interested in a hard copy

#1193 5 years ago

Amazon has slowly been whittling away the rewards for prime on video games. latest news is no longer 20% off preorders but $10 off select games. def not renewing my prime when it comes up.

Per IGN:
"Amazon Prime's 20% off Preorder Discount Ends August 28

Yes, very sad news indeed for us gamers who want to play games on launch day! Instead, Amazon will offer a $10 discount on "select" game preorders.

If you've had your eye on any preorders that are currently eligible for the 20% discount, place your order by August 28. Your order won't be charged until the game ships and you can cancel anytime. If you don't put in the preorder now, you won't save as much down the road."

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

If the game is $50 or under you’lol be coming out the same or even better. The rub is going to be which *selected titles* qualify.

they have slowly been taking away things.

was 20% off preorders and two weeks after launch then just pre orders
used to work on collector/special editions then they took it away
used to work on things like amiibos then they took it away

luckily still have a year left on best buy gamer rewards which is 20% new games every day even ontop of any sale.

the "select games" things means they arent gonna give you a sweet deal on a cheaper game imo. all new major releases are $60 out of the gate fwiw

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

was this released as a physical game? I checked bestbuy on tuesday and could not find it

yes, my best buy has it in stock physical.

1 week later
#1221 5 years ago

Thought Id share this there since most in here seem to enjoy retro games as well.

Every year Fort Collins has an event called "Tour De Fat" run by New Belgium Brewery. Its a bike parade costume party mash up event with beer and music. This years takes place this Saturday.

Every year for the past 5 years I hook up a 13" CRT tv to my bike and an N64 playing Mario Kart 64 so people can play Mario Kart off the back of my bike. It is a pain in the ass to ride with all extra weight on the back but well worth it. I get about 6 hours off it typically. I added a beefier speaker this year so might take my run time down a notch but should still have plenty of juice for the parade.

You can scroll through my instagram ( dizz_co // https://www.instagram.com/dizz_co/) if you want to see more pics of it from previous years (going to be quite a ways down the feed), i always try and find people in mario kart costumes to play it to take pics with. Its just a mess of people and really stop/go so we park in the shade of a tree to let people play and slam a beer.

Here it is, usually just tape the N64 to the top of the tv which I will do before I head out. Hang the controllers from the slots I cut in the side of the CRT casing.

mariokartbike (resized).jpgmariokartbike (resized).jpg

#1224 5 years ago

anyone play Dimension Drive?

thinking of importing a physical copy from japan.

24.99 usd with free shipping from play asia - https://www.play-asia.com/dimension-drive/13/70c40r

#1229 5 years ago

anyone look into this Star Link game coming out in October?

looks interesting but i dont know if im sold

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Same here, that's one that I'll wait for a demo version before deciding. It's a Ubisoft game they managed to get Fox because of their never ending support to Nintendo (and their awesome Mario /Rabbids crossover), but it is not a Starfox, and Ubi has some ups and downs with their games.

yeah, not sure how i feel about the ship on the controller stuff and if you have to buy more toys to unlock ships cause thats lame if thats the case.

#1232 5 years ago

ahh, for like the last hour ive had the special edition smash bros ultimate in my cart on best buy and it finally got me to checkout then when i was entering my payment info it said your item has been sold and its out of stock again. super lame. took like 100 refreshes of my cart to get to the payment screen. oh well.

#1235 5 years ago

yeah, i have the gamer unlock still so saves $28 bucks on best buy so ive been trying to snag one from them.

#1237 5 years ago

if anyone also has an xbox one or playstation 4,

at best buy if you buy a 29.99 xb1 or ps4 game you get destiny 2 for free... but if you add a switch game that is 29.99 or up in your cart and add destiny 2 to your cart it makes the price zero.

so, if you want to get a free destiny 2 and looking to pick up a $30+ game you can

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm confused - is this a trick to get 2 free Destiny 2's?

no, just a way to get it free with the purchase of a switch game. the ps4 and xb1 games auto put it in your cart for free but since destiny 2 is not on the switch it isnt listed as part of the promotion but it still works if you follow the simple steps outlined in my previous post.

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooh oh ohh...gotcha. I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow and want to buy Shadow of the Colossus, and saw the free Destiny 2 deal...although I don't really want Destiny 2 lol

yeah, may as well take it though if youre getting a $30 game, can trade it in for a few bucks towards something at game stop

guessing youre getting the spiderman ps4 that comes out tomorrow?

#1247 5 years ago

if you missed the first run of the Yooka-Laylee Limited Run Games collectors edition, the second batch goes on sale this afternoon, link shows count down.

first batch sold out in less than a minute, got in right away and scored one. The n64 cart is what sold the collectors edition for me.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-13-yooka-laylee-classic-edition-preorder

#1250 5 years ago

collectors is 75, normal edition is 50

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think I kick stared the wiiu for $20? And they moved it to digital switch for me.

i know they did a coupon towards the collectors edition for switch for kick starter backers

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

physical edition of worm w.m.d. coming in 3 days. limited to 4,000 copies
https://superraregames.com/products/srg-6-worms-wmd-switch

been waiting patiently for that one! I played so much Worms Armageddon growing up

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

received this from nintendo yesterday:
"On 9/18, your Nintendo Switch will be receiving a system update, version 6.0.0. Afterwards, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user profile. Prior to this change, you should verify that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile.
For example, please confirm that the parent’s or legal guardian’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to the parent’s or guardian’s Nintendo Account, and that the child’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to his or her child account.
By ensuring that your Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile, you will be able to appropriately manage your save data, Nintendo Switch Online membership, and Nintendo eShop content."
I'm not quite sure about this. it makes it sound that once you've linked your user account to a system, you can't unlink it. doesn't this mean that if your system dies/breaks or you sell it you will still have it associated with your user id (and in the case of selling it, the new owner will not be able to associate it with their user account?

I would think a system restore would delete the pervious owners info and a new owner would start fresh. They did this with 3ds systems

#1269 5 years ago

1 hour til the worms wmd physical preorder goes live

https://superraregames.com/products/srg-6-worms-wmd-switch

#1284 5 years ago

hmm, so looks like you have to have the online service to buy those nes controllers. 1 set per account. hopefully they actually have inventory unlike what they did with the launches of the nes/snes classic and most of their amiibos... could be a shit show trying to get a set.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the switch have any retro games or is Nintendo leaving those for the NES and SNES classics? I’d love to play Earthbound after watching the Angey Video Game Nerd’s review. It’s a SNES game I missed...

SNES minis in stock all over the place now for $60 and it has it

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, that may be a better match for me. Do they have wireless controllers and headphones? Does the SNES mini look okay on a modern television?

Target and Walmart in my area have them in stock currently. If you have trouble finding one lmk I'll help ya out.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Can't wait to play as my favorite character Toad![quoted image]

"I'm the best!" -n64 toad voice

#1326 5 years ago

if you paid for the online membership for switch you can "pre-purchase" those nes classic controllers for it. 60 bucks. not a pre-order as you pay now, not when it ships.

got in day 1 just cause im assuming they wont make enough for demand hah.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not nintendo related, but sony just announced their version of the mini, the playstation classic. comes with 20 games and 2 controllers (not dual shock). msrp is 99.99usd, 129.99cad
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

kinda lame right now as no complete list of games and it does not come with the ac adapter to power it...

i need to find my friend code and post it so i can whoop up on yall

#1345 5 years ago

their website shows 3 titles each slated for the next few months so i think that is what their status quo will be for additions per month.

#1346 5 years ago

my friend code is SW-3925-4125-0805 if anyone wants to add me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1349 5 years ago

Your friend code is unable to be found bud...and I’m looking to add friend codes if anyone else wants to share!!
Here is mine.....[quoted image]

20180919_122650 (resized).jpg20180919_122650 (resized).jpg

whoops dyslexia'd two numbers

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’ll never see an official re-release of Uniracers. Pixar sued over its likeness to one of their shorts.

Interesting, I didn't realize pixar was that old of a company
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/06/a-reason-to-hate-pixar-uniracers-on-the-snes-is-a-masterpiece/

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ooh lots of Nicalis games are on sale. Ikaruga (I can’t see the price cuz I bought it already), Tiny Barbarian is awesome esp for $10 (I have it on cart), VVVVV is worth $5 (I have it on 3DS). Knight Terrors is even worth $2!

Nicalis kinda sorta teased a physcial Ikaruga a few weeks back. that would be dope.

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m super excited for the next fire emblem. It’s a series not enough people give a fair chance to because it looks boring, but it’s not and has become one of my favs

I love them, I always play with permanent death on.

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a physical copy of binding of Isaac and Cave Story+ I will sell for what they are on sale for right now. $25 for both + shipping. I would rather have the digital versions.

shoot, ill bit for $25 bucks for two games i havent played yet, ill send ya a pm

#1397 5 years ago

This looks promising

#1399 5 years ago

This would kind of piss me off i think, i dunno maybe not. Nintendo has always released new versions of their handhelds a million times, but this would feel different.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/new-version-of-nintendo-switch-reportedly-planned-for-2019

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally got a switch.....not sure why but i did? I have been enjoying playing the original Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl and a couple of the other old games. Is there any way for me and a friend to team up and play techmo bowl and Donkey Kong together online with each other?
I bought Mario Kart 8 and that seems like decent fun. I also got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and that seems really good so far. I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..
All in all i think i will enjoy it for what it is but it's not a PS4 for sure and a little too pricey imo. Any big games that can be bought on both consoles i will definitely buy them on the PS4. Do you guys like DK Tropical Freeze?

You can play your friends online in those NES games using your friend codes.

DK tropical freeze is awesome but I 100% it on Wii U so I did not rebuy it on switch.

#1419 5 years ago

do you have to play for the online subscription now to play splatoon online?

why i ask is they gave me a free download code for an item or whatever but i dont plan on getting it. i could give it away to someone but if everyone has it cause they had to sign up for online to play it that makes it so everyone gets one anyways ha.

#1428 5 years ago

Any big games that can be purchased on both I’ll always go Switch. The fact that you can take them anywhere is a big selling point for me. Plus I enjoy the weight and feel of the Switch pro controller more when it’s in docked mode.

The pro controller is so on point !

I wish it had a head phone jack and a way to turn on the system like ps/xb do tho

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can turn on the system w Pro or Joy-Cons...just press the home button, it’ll connect to the system in a sec & turn it on.

He’s 100% correct.

Wow I'm a super newb thanks haha !

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Was this just for yesterday cause it’s not free anymore?

i feel like he confused the "free" NES version with the "pay for" arcade version.

#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oohhhh.....thats right, i forgot about the pie factory! Why in the heck would they had left that out i wonder? I just bought the original Donkey Kong and its way different and much harder than the free version. Well worth 7.99!

Memory restrictions of the NES

#1470 5 years ago

wtf is even censored at the top of the castle? its just the tops of the towers as far as I can remember...

edit: or is that the DMD screen animation and something on it is censored? super weird, 100% out. wild world we live in, in 2018 you cant even show the dmd images from a pinball machine from the 90s?

#1484 5 years ago

Received my Worms W.M.D. Physical copy from Super Rare Games yesterday!

still waiting on a bunch of switch titles I've ordered from Limited Run Games tho

Its fun to get a package sometimes months after you've ordered something, get a present you forgot about for yourself

#1486 5 years ago

woohoo, was able to pre-order the steelbook smash bros ultimate edition off of best buy with my gamer club discount

#1507 5 years ago

If you wanted the MegaMan 11 Amiibo edition, Gamestop has it available online again!

Probably sell out pretty fast but I snagged one.

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I picked up the japanese version of this. a really nice big box that is reminiscent of an oversized NES box (came with a lot of nice bonus items too!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

i looked into it but the shipping was crazy expensive from the sites i found it available on so i bailed on it hah.

#1512 5 years ago

Id love a skyward sword hd port with normal controls.

but year im not re-buying any wii u games on switch. donkey kong was great but already beat it, same with the mario game (which was super easy...)

the one I almost buy every time its on sale is Rayman, that was the game that convinced me to buy a wii u cause it was suppose to be a console exclusive then ubisoft ported it to everything lol but ive held strong and not bought it again (although it is a great party game)

#1522 5 years ago

Anyone play Kirby Star Allies yet?

i'm on the final boss on Octopath after beating all chapter 4's so i can start thinking about future gaming haha

#1527 5 years ago

Yokus Island physical is on sale at Best Buy for 19.99. If you still have gamer pass its $15.99

#1535 5 years ago

demon souls / dark souls games are soo good.

they keep you on your toes at all times!

some of the best games of all time imo

2 wasnt that great, they made it too easy and too many save spots. 3 is a masterpiece. 1 is fantastic as well. Demon souls is prob my fav still.

game doesnt give you anything, you have to earn it all and figure it out as you go. can kind of use your imagination to make up a story as you go as well.

i think calling it a "rouge like" is a disservice cause a lot of people dont like those style games. this is so much more imo. Isnt part of rouge likes randomizing the levels?

The way these games map takes you really far away from the center node only to unlock short cuts and what not back is really great. The environments are just fantastic.

I just finished Octopath and about to jump into Dark Souls when I have gaming time open up.

#1547 5 years ago

Just got an email from Limited Run Games saying they are partnering with Best Buy for certain switch releases including Golf Story and Yooka Laylee

Best Buy is ordering them the same time as when pre-orders are opened up but will have a different cover

Thought a big part of LRG was to get away from traditional retail hah

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe that means they didn't sell as many as they thought they would & they need to "dump" the carts?

said Best Buy ordered 5,000 Yooka Laylees out of the print run under 25,000 units.

1 week later
#1555 5 years ago

for you diablo nuts, a diablo iii amiibo just dropped, can pre-order on gamestop

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/diablo-iii-loot-goblin-amiibo-only-at-gamestop/167755

1 week later
#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Anyone playing Dark Souls? I made the mistake of asking for it for Christmas...

i actually started it last night. got thru the first boss area but thinking i might try and grind out the ****Spoiler ahead*****

****Spoiler***** dragon tail kill to get that sweet sword, dont know if i want to spend that much time doing it, although i did when the game first came out ****Spoiler****

#1580 5 years ago

picked up the mario party joy con bundle from best buy. its $100 but with gamerclub it was $80 and had a $20 gift card so figured for $60 bucks get a game and a set of joy cons should be a solid pick up.

hopefully get some people playing over the holidays

#1598 5 years ago

Playing SMO had me feeling like when I was a kid playing super Mario 64, just pure joy

#1604 5 years ago

Not switch related but I got paper Mario on Wii u for $12 at Walmart today. They stickered them wrong and it rang up as $60 but they gave it to me

#1610 5 years ago

Fyi any cyber Monday deal at best buy your gamer club works and knocks off another 20% (this wasn't the case on Black Friday deals)

Rayman is $12 so finally picked it up

Some pretty sweet deals across all consoles

#1612 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

thanks, I just re-ordered all of the black friday stuff and saved an additional $50. I'll just return the initial order to the store once I receive these

Awesome, glad ya saved some dough! Gonna be bummed when my membership expires

#1614 5 years ago

thought this crazy pinball game needed its own thread for non switch people to see lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peach-ball-crazy-japanese-pinball-anime-switch-game#post-4707266

"PEACH BALL : Senran Kagura"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=XUAtipKGn38

#1615 5 years ago

They say its not happening but I hope it does, Switch HD port of Skyward Sword

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/28/eiji-aonuma-seemingly-teases-skyward-sword-for-switch

#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There's no way in hell that you will see something like that on the Switch because Nintendo definitely has kids in mind as their target audience. You can probably get it on the PC though.

you quoted the wrong post (skyward sword not peach ball) but you can pre-order that peach ball game on switch on www.play-asia.com, it is coming out for sure on switch, i would think no chance in other markets tho switch is region free.

#1619 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Um, Skyward Sword is a Zelda game. You’ll never see it on a PC.
Also kids aren’t their target audience. Watch a Switch commercial. It’s usually 20-somethings.
I’ve been playing the South Park games & LA Noire on my Switch. Not exactly kids stuff. Switch’s target audience: EVERYONE.

i think he meant to quote my post above it about the Peach Ball game

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah. Well there’s already those weird Japanese porn games, Gal Gun 2, and DOA Volleyball was just announced. Weird Pervy shit comes out in the US for Switch.

yeah, this one is pinball tho so thought id share it

Quoted from V_piscopo:

Are you playing the fractured butt whole? I've been wondering how good it is? Enlighten us.

reading it where you spelled But as BUTT made me read the title in a totally south park sense of humor dirty way lol. fractured butthole lol

#1629 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought he meant the pinball game. You will never ever see that on a Nintendo system ever i guarantee it. We can agree to disagree but I still think that Nintendo is geared toward kids mainly. Im not saying thats a bad thing either, but its just how i feel. I am glad that they have started getting some games like Diablo and Dark Souls and stuff though, thats pretty awesome.

Yeah the video is literally the switch trailer lol

#1642 5 years ago

if you are into physical games of digital releases...

super rare games has some copies of N++ left as well as Snake Pass

about $32.5 usd each

made 4,000 copies of each (32% stock left of N++ and 2% of Snake Pass as of this post)

https://superraregames.com/collections/products

I guess they have 1% of stock left of the Mutant Mudds Collection as well, says last 20 copies remain

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Physical is tough when they’re so cheap on the eShop. Mutant Mudds was just $7.50. I’m getting Katamari physical since it’s $30 on eShop and cart.

yeah, they are really aimed at collectors. if you are just in it to play the games digital is probably the way to go.

#1651 5 years ago

Had Ridge Racer 64 on N64 and loved it, bought a PSP on launch day and got Ridge Racer with it.

I think almost every console had a Ridge Racer on launch until after the PS Vita game.

Havent heard a new one from the series since that one tho i could be wrong

I actually got my N64 used from a guy who sold it to buy a PS1 back in the day. 1996 or 97 , would have been 11 or 12. My mom took me to meet the dude, was like a college kid , in a trailer park. got a sweet deal. Found it of off a rudimentary local craigslist type website called swap shop lol. System CIB with a CIB extra controller and mario 64 cib.

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Yea it was dope. I used to be heavily involved in QWCTF back in the 90s.
Just recently I setup a LAN with Unreal for me and the 3 kids, awesome stuff.

used to play Quake 2 on the MSN Gaming zone back in the day, was in the clan QGM, quake ghetto mafia lol. my dads office had fast internet cause he worked at the college so i could just wreck kids on dial up

didnt realize an unreal tournament game is on switch! that could be fun!

Quoted from northvibe:

Unreal tourney was amazing. Ma ma ma monster kill!!!!!

i liked the, luuu-da-cris call out

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Optical games are dead. It's no secret Sony and Microsoft want to do away with them. I expect the the next XBOX and the PS5 to be digital only. That will leave Nintendo still selling cartridges. Irony of ironies, the much maligned cartridge will have outlived optical media.
In a quasi-related nugget, CD sales continue to collapse, while vinyl increases. Vinyl will remain a niche, for sure....most people will be streaming, but there will always be a market for people that want to own their music. Vinyl will meet that need for most. There will come a day within the next few year where vinyl will outsell CD.
If you had made either/both of these statements back in the 90's, you'd have been committed!

my buddy mostly only digital downloads for both switch and ps4 and his ISP is now screwing him cause of all the data used because of it lol

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, yeah. Data caps are still a big issue for many and the issue will be even more prevalent next generation as games likely shift to using true 4K assets for the XBOX Two (or whatever it will be called lol) and PS5.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a version of the next XBOX and PS that is a streaming only device, where the games are streamed from MS / Sony servers to their devices, and a second that is a more powerful version that supports physical disks. I also think a version that supports physical disks is likely as a majority of XBOX One and PS4 owners will expect for their current games to be backwards compatible on the next gen systems. With the current generation using an X86 architecture (same as PC's) there's no longer an excuse for next gen systems not to support current gen games if its also X86 based.

it will be interesting to see what the impact of the new "5G" network everyone is trying to roll out will be on speeds and rates.

I remember when 4G LTE came out, L T E meaning Long Term Evolution, and here we are with 5G being the thing lol. It is crazy how many towers are on practically every street corner now and real low to the ground in compassion to other cell towers.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, Starlink dropped again - it's $30 on Amazon!!! That's worth it just for the rad Starfox Arwing ship!!! ...but the game is actually really cool, too!

I think the whole "toys to life" genre is finally dead, Ubi soft missed the target by like 3 years.

#1671 5 years ago

my smash bros has shipped! hopefully it will be in my mail box when i get off work on friday at 5.

#1679 5 years ago

cant wait to get off work to get into smash, just got the notification its been delivered.

I also am a sucker and preordered Shantae and the Pirate's Curse from Limited Run Games

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-21-shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-preorder?variant=12995084550197

scooped up the limited edition: https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-21-shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-collectors-edition?variant=13005312688181

#1697 5 years ago

Okay, so I'm posting this because there is a chance I'm not the only one this daft.

I thought the my Nintendo points you only got if you bought the digital download games

Physical games you get them too, but have to redeem in the first year of the games release, so missed out on a bunch like Mario, Mario kart and Zelda

Anyways, from the home screen press the + button and in the bottom there is a my rewards redemption tab, click it and follow the steps to get your points.

points are not very valuable but over time might be able to at least redeem something worthwhile

#1706 5 years ago

I have nephews that are 6 and 4 getting a switch for Christmas. any good recommendations for this age group game wise?

edit: system bundled with mario kart and sis got rayman for it as well

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Mario Kart is a no brainer..... Easy to learn, and both can play at the same time. I have three boys under 12, my challenge is always finding something they can play at the same time. Other popular ones they play at the same time- Infinite Mini Golf, Minecraft(learning curve if they have never played), Rocket League, and Mario party is slower, but super fun.

they got the system bundle with mario kart ... do you think rocket league might be too much?

#1712 5 years ago

right on, didnt know if the mini games would be too much for mario party but doesnt sound like it.

good to know on rocket league as well, i havent played it

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

whats funny is as a kid i crushed these types of games and cruised thru this without much problem until the last boss fight.

growing up with the insane NES difficulty games gives us a leg up on these youngin's with games that don't even punish you for dieing/losing

i remember the first time i lost in pokemon blue when it came out i thought how lame it was that they just passed out and you dont even really get punished for losing, never got into pokemon probably because of that

#1731 5 years ago

Regarding the Zelda Ornament. All the stores in Colorado just said to call to see if they have stock. My local one did have 1 and they dont hold them for you but you can buy them over the phone and pick up in person, so may be worth a shot if you want one of these or one of the other cool ornaments like the firefly or donkey kong arcade one.

in switch news, i picked up salt and sanctuary last night, havent played yet but look forward to it!

#1734 5 years ago

hell yeah!

Switch is getting physical copies of Windjammers and Celeste from Limited Run Games!

https://www.limitedrungames.com/

#1739 5 years ago

Smash is awesome, took a break and playing salt and sanctuary which is pretty sweet.

It's like a 2d dark souls through and through

#1753 5 years ago

just got notification from Nintendo that my classic nes controllers have shipped!

#1775 5 years ago

Salt and Sanctuary is really freaking good, i havent been playing smash because its really fun and I cant put it down.

highly recommend, its like a 2D Dark Souls Metrovania love fest

#1801 5 years ago

anyone pick up the switch gamecube controllers for smash?

are they legit gamecube controllers? Like, can you use them in an og gamecube?

or like the wii gamecube smash controllers had to plug into a wii remote. is there some adapter they use (besides the gamecube port adapter needed)

edit: i watched an unboxing video and it looks like a standard gamecube port on the end of the controller, I wonder if they are "backward" compatible with a real gamecube.

#1803 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes. Yes. Yes.
You plugged GameCube controllers on the side of the Wii, not into the Wiimotes. Those were the "Classic controllers" you're thinking of.
You just need the GameCube USB adapter for the Switch. It even works with the wireless Wavebird GameCube controllers.
Yes, the 2018 GameCube controllers work in a 2001 GameCube console.

thanks, yeah i have a zelda and mario gamecube controller for wii but needs to plug into a wii remote to work. just wanted to make sure

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If they plug into the wiimote, then they aren't GameCube controllers.

sorry dad. they are "wired fight pads" in the shape of gamecube controllers. hope your panties didnt get too bunched up over that one.

71ED2XlzrwL._AC_SX430_ (resized).jpg71ED2XlzrwL._AC_SX430_ (resized).jpg

i didnt want to go thru that again, these hori "battle pads" plug in via usb

81Zq6rBmOOL._AC_ (resized).jpg81Zq6rBmOOL._AC_ (resized).jpg

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

http://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/
I have one of these I use with an original Gamecube controller and it works perfectly. I am very happy with it and at $20, it is a good price point.

thats pretty sweet. loved the wavebird gamecube controllers back in the day

Quoted from Sinestro:

Jesus, dude, I'm trying to help you. I won't make that mistake again.

I thanked you for helping me out; the second post I read like you were berating me for my misnomer, sorry, the cynical nature of pinside got the best of me.

hug it out?

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#1844 5 years ago

The ability to move your right thumb from attack and jump so easily on a GC controller is whats up

#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Kinda like you and Splatoon 2

Haha that was pretty good

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I think I'm going to install RetroArch on my daughter's switch this weekend. Has anyone else already done this? Anything I should be aware of?

Nintendo will probably do a system update that bricks your switch like they did with the Wii

#1875 5 years ago

Have some spare games from my collection that i could thin out if anyone is interested. we can work something out over pm. usually use www.pricecharting.com as a price guideline.

1: Octopath Travelers Wayfayers Collectors Edition - Sealed
2: Mega Man 11 GameStop exclusive Amiibo Edition - Sealed
3: Snake Pass Limited Physical Release from Super Rare Games - Sealed
4: Retro City Rampage DX - Complete in open box
5: Kingdom: New Lands Limited Physical Release from Limited Run Games - Sealed
6: Secret of Mana Seiken Densetsu Collection (Japanese version) - Complete in open box

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Really have been wanting to play Octopath Traveler but not a collectors edition guy.

It's fantastic, I bought 2 collectors editions, one to open and play and one to keep sealed but figured I'd offer up some of my duplicates here. Pin prices going crazy got me back into collecting video games lol. Can't even get a broken EM in Colorado under like 600 these days

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Just finished Mario Odyssey last night. Pretty good. It's impressive how they can still make a Mario game feel fresh and new. Not sure what to move on to next. Might just wait for the new Mario next week or try the PS4 Spider-Man game?

the "new" mario game is a re-release of the wii u game. its fun but a rather predictable Mario fare, if you are any good at the older ones at all you will breeze thru it with max lives.

2 weeks later
#1901 5 years ago

Yeah I imported the peach ball pinball game #holla showed up today

20190117_172931 (resized).jpg20190117_172931 (resized).jpg20190117_172936 (resized).jpg20190117_172936 (resized).jpg
#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone else get retro city rampage? I snagged it while it was I think on sale recently for my flight. It reminds me of gta 1/2, but has a structured story or free play. However the controls are meeeh? Maybe I need to tweak them.
The throw back references are pretty good though

Yeah it's pretty fun, I sold my physical copy like a week ago on eBay tho .

Looking forward to the next game from vblank , Hawaii shakedown

3 weeks later
#1951 5 years ago

the nintendo direct was dope.

links awakening remake could be epic although not sure if im sold on the art style yet

#1956 5 years ago

yeah, downloaded tetris 99 but havent jammed on it yet. I think the zelda art is okay but Links face just bugs the shit outta me for some reason. but the worlds look nice, etc

#1960 5 years ago

so a bit off topic but my buddy and I are streaming retro games on Mondays nights on twitch at 10PM Eastern. Playing on real hardware with real software streamed through my Sony PVM 20M2U with RGB SCART cables for a great looking retro stream.

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

first session was Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES and I just got it uploaded on youtube now:

We might do some switch streaming as well tho; we did a practice run of Mario Party on switch on my personal twitch before we did our first real stream.

Here is a peak at my collection, more pics on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/pure_retro_co/
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg20190212_171042 (resized).jpg

#1963 5 years ago

ToeJam and Earl : Back in the Groove for switch preorders up at Limited Run Games

#1966 5 years ago

hmm, maybe. it comes out march 1st and has a 45 day preorder window so the game will be out before the preorder window ends

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

if I have a good bag of pieces at the start ill do a t-spin double to a t-spin triple and that sends a total of 11 lines
or perfect clear and send 7, I think.

english please

haha just giving ya crap. that was an awesome explanation!!

#1972 5 years ago

heres a little nugget from last nights twitch stream of donkey kong country i thought yall might enjoy
image quality is way better on twitch than when I upload it to youtube RIP

we stream on monday nights at 10pm eastern at twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

4 weeks later
#2003 5 years ago

this makes me excited!

Cadence-Hyrule_03-20-19 (resized).jpgCadence-Hyrule_03-20-19 (resized).jpgdims (resized).jpgdims (resized).jpg

#2022 5 years ago

Starlink is on sale for 29.99 at bestbuy and 23.99 if you have gamer club.

also trials rising gold is on sale for 29.99 as well (23.99 with club as well)

2 weeks later
#2054 5 years ago

I'm physical only as well but that might be tested if Cadence of Hyrule doesn't get a physical release...

#2073 5 years ago

To lighten the mood, check what I just got in! anyone else score one of these? The stickers on the table are from my retro twitch stream (shameless plug) We made 1000 so if you want me to snail mail you some let me know. just sent out a grip to a guy in New York

20190418_075203 (resized).jpg20190418_075203 (resized).jpg

#2083 5 years ago

some new amiibos dropped for preorder today if you are into that kinda thing

pokemon trainer
Pichu
Isabelle

#2099 5 years ago

Also, just so you are aware, the RFID is blocked by the packaging so if you want to use them in game you have to open them (some Collectors like the CIB/NIB of things)

#2104 4 years ago

I loved the way it started. I hate having to do the tutorials at the start of games, I just wanna play!

2 weeks later
#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Looks cool. Reminds me a lot of ALTTP which I played through a bunch of times. As recently as about a year ago. Speaking of remakes.......

just beat ALttP on my twitch stream last monday do yourself a favor and play A Link Between Worlds on 3ds! It is a new game in the vain of ALttP in the same general overworld map, It is fantastic! i lend out my 3ds and that game to all my friends who havent gotten a chance to play it and theyve all loved it so far

2 weeks later
#2175 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only have the "Grip" (No pro controller). Wondering if that'll make a big difference.

pro controller will be the best switch purchase you make man! best controller ever!

1 week later
#2181 4 years ago

Links Awakeing amiibo and some pokemon amiibo and solid snake up for preorder on best buy

they just listed links awakening dreamers edition as well for preorder

snagged with with gamer club
Dreamer-Edition (resized).jpgDreamer-Edition (resized).jpg

The UK gets a way sweeter package... hopefully the come to the US too, or I can find a way to get one ordered!

3546108-link's awakening limited edition (resized).jpg3546108-link's awakening limited edition (resized).jpg

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really wish I knew why Nintendo UK has all these great promotional items that we don't get here...
I went to E3 yesterday, but it was an hour and a half line to play Zelda...F that noise. I played Luigi's Mansion 3 tho, very fun!

oh sweet! apparently they were giving away awesome links awakening key chains that people are selling for 70+ on ebay right now. saw some on instagram and was like oh sweet, then looked em up and like, uh no .

#2189 4 years ago

Cadence of Hyrule releases today... I purchased last night and preloaded it but it says it's not available to play yet...

Anyone else have this issue or is this normal for Nintendo downloaded games on release day?

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

EShop always updates at midnite & 9am PST. So, as of this post - it should be available in 3 minutes!

no dice

still not available...

#2193 4 years ago

it is now live! yay

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The free game that is on the switch is the dame game that was on the NES right? Did you ever beat Tyson? Hes a MF!

you get the Mr Dream version and not the Tyson version. only way to play tyson is emulation or an NES

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really? Is Mr. Dream really good like Tyson was? Ive never heard if him before? I stopped playing Nintendo after the NES and just recently got a Switch.

same guy just reskinned and renamed. some legal dispute with tysons camp back in the day. There is Mike Tysons Punch Out and Punch Out for the NES
51TK9HNJ3PL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg51TK9HNJ3PL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpgPunch-Out_Mr._Dream_boxart (resized).pngPunch-Out_Mr._Dream_boxart (resized).png

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cadence of Hyrule is really good and pretty difficult. Beautiful game with amazing music.

I'm loving it ! Might stream it on twitch tonight in a few

#2204 4 years ago

Anyone in Australia wanna pre-order me the collectors edition of Link's Awakening

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/nintendo-switch/252816-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-limited-edition

Gamestop Ireland has it too but neither ship out of country

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/72321

#2205 4 years ago

Found a Tingle Mini Game in Cadence of Hyrule last night on the twitch stream
Clipped it here on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byso7A5HyAc/

Such a fun, quirky game that totally feels like Zelda while not feeling like Zelda haha. They nailed the art and music on this one

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I'm such a cheap-ass with digital games, I was gonna wait for a sale...but super tempted to just bite.

i was a little taken aback at the price tag for it but own every zelda release haha so I had to do it. First digital purchase for me and I've had switch day one.

hopefully they make a physical release someday, maybe limited run games or someone out there can make it happen. seems like a no-brainer that it would sell well.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It would be nice to have a decent newer hockey game for the Switch. Why doesn't EA do much business with Nintendo, other than FIFA?

have you seen this?

its not like madden or fifa hockey but maybe youll enjoy it

#2220 4 years ago

i used to play RBI Baseball 3 with my dad. Only game he ever really played with me. I would let him stay in the game until the 8th or 9th then pour it on and win. I felt like if I beat him too bad he wouldnt ever play with me again hah.

1 week later
#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The physical copy of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night was released on the Switch today. I've been following this for a while now. Going to pick up a copy at my local Wally World!

get it at best buy and get the free steel book case

20190625_130316 (resized).jpg20190625_130316 (resized).jpg

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They didnt have it at Walmart so I ordered on Amazon as I was walking out. It said In stock-ready for pickup online too.

order from best buy and get the steel book man!!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-nintendo-switch/6346504.p?skuId=6346504

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the only thing that I didn't care about the steel book is that it's not the same size as the other switch steel books, but rather the size of a dvd/blu-ray case

yeah, its cross made for the disc games. when you open it up its a dvd steelbook with a plastic flap added in for the switch cartridge. nice thing about being bigger is more art tho i guess. no reason not to get it when its free tho haha

#2239 4 years ago

people are selling just the best buy steel book for 30-40 on ebay yesterday when i looked. almost just bought another copy to sell them separate but im lazy and dont care that much

heres on that just ended for 36.95
ebay.com link: Bloodstained Ritual of The Night Switch PS4 XBOX ONE EMPTY Steelbook Case G2

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you still get the game in the regular retail packaging. the steel book is an additional bonus (at least it's always been that way so far with best buy and all of the switch games that I've gotten a steel book with
but tell me that you wouldn't want this steelbook that comes bundled with the eu limited edition release of link's awakening, (nintendo of europe kicks @ss again with their limited edition)
[quoted image]

I wish I lived in Europe to get one of these. I tried all the sites but no dice.
probably splurge on it on ebay later

#2256 4 years ago

im gonna pick mario maker 2 up later this week and stream some action, ill def try some of everyones stages!

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's your stream? I wanna see you play my levels lol

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

we played yoshis island for a few hours last night

1 week later
#2278 4 years ago

remember when they came out with the DS they said it would be the "third pillar" with the home console (wii) and game boy (GBA) lines. then the GBA was dead instantly after launch.

the 3DS is over. look at any retail shop how much space, if any, is allocated for the 3DS stuff. pretty much non-existent

the 3DS is more portable to me than the switch for travel gaming. I'd rather take it on the plane than the switch tbh but id rather be playing my switch games.
this would slightly intrigue me for travel but i am not going to buy one for that reason. They might get me to bite if it was a sweet zelda collector edition but thats about it.

#2300 4 years ago

since we are talking about other systems at the moment, anyone play sekiro, shadows die twice yet? thinking of picking it up for the ps4

1 week later
#2320 4 years ago

For sale are some of my extra copies of rare, physical released nintendo switch games from Limited Run Games (LRG) and Super Rare Games (SRG)

All sealed, NIB and sold out
All games come with their trading card/s if applicable

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon LRG $50
Lumines: Remastered LRG (2 copies) $50 each
Lumines: Remastered Deluxe Edition LRG $75 - 1 of 2000 made worldwide
Lumines: Remastered Ultimate Edition LRG $180 - 1 of 600 made worldwide
Toe Jam and Earl: Back in The Groove Collectors edition LRG $100 - 1 of 2500 made worlwide
The Escapists: Complete Edition LRG (2 copies) $40 each
Earthlock SRG $65
Machinarium SRG $50

Shipping depending on what game you want
Everything OBO or package deals welcome

Could trade anything +/- cash for SNES stuff or other cool retro gaming stuff

SquarePic_20190724_09142395 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09142395 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09135590 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09135590 (resized).jpg
#2322 4 years ago

Starlink is onsale for 19.99 on bestbuy, with the gamerclub scooped it for 14.99. any reason to buy any of those extra action figures/planes? they are all on sale too

3 weeks later
#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Any body double dip for the new Switch? This is a weird move for Nintendo especially with the exchange program. They are going to have to put the original switch on sale. Selling them at the same price is crazy. Also now the portable design Switch Lite is no longer that great at being portable. Is there any hope for a Switch Pro this feels like another step away from the home console market.

only way im upgrading is if their is some real upgrades or a super sexy zelda unit haha. i hardly use portable mode for more than the battery life expectancy, never ran outta juice for the way i use it

1 week later
#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

The physical copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace just showed up. Kind of glad its Friday.

i ordered the special edition so its not here yet, boo

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not Pro Controllers. 3rd Party. No HD rumble or Amiibo functions.

ahh bummer. didnt read it close enough my bad

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Any Cadence of Hyrule fans here? Played through a lengthy 7.5 hour run haha. Definitely not a speed runner but I really enjoyed the game. I'll probably play through it again to see how fast I can just for fun but not for serious. Awesome soundtrack and addictive gameplay. Was on the fence but glad I gave it a try in the demo first, had to buy the full thing.

i really like it! its cool how it randomizes for added replayability. hoping for a physical release someday

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is a big trend on mini consoles following the success of the NES and the SNES Mini, the Genesis mini is coming out in a few weeks, then the Turbografx is next in February. They are all emulation based and the result is very clean, but to me the main sell point are the controllers, very close to the original at least until now.
In the jungle of retro systems, the future Polymega (https://www.polymega.com/) looks extremely promising, especially their first demo of a saturn emulator that's hardware optimized with specific controllers for each system. I'm waiting on that one, as it might be the one for all and forever.
Since you mentionned CRT, I had a meeting yesterday at a federal building in San Francisco, they've just dismantled their old surveillance system, I saw a room that was packed floor to ceiling with broadcast grade CRT screens, I tried to enquire on how to buy these but it looks like federal property goes straight to garbage, too bad there was a fortune in there and I was happy to write a check !

nooo save all those PVMs! I have two for my retro gaming. i stream off a Sony PVM20M2U and its glorious to play SNES in true RGB!

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

This game is really cool - hack and slash pinball!
https://www.creatureinthewell.com/

That looks cool thanks for sharing

#2376 4 years ago

holy smokes I just got my copies of The Messenger in from Special Reserve Games. They out did themselves with the packaging! I got a couple of the Limited Run variants as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2RhcteHodg/

1 week later
#2378 4 years ago

I just want to say that Moonlighter is a fantastic game and y'all should check it out.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Link's Awakening comes out tomorrow for the Switch - anyone else excited about that?

oh yeah, have the US dreamers edition preordered as well as the EU collectors edition!

#2385 4 years ago

thats a bummer, thanks for the feedback on it! wont get to play til after work

#2398 4 years ago

just want to give one more shout out to the game Moonlighter... such a fun experience.

its a gaming loop of going out questing and getting items at night and then during day you open up your store to sell the loot. upgrade your town, store and gear and go back to questing. both segments are pretty short so great for grab and go gaming but engaging enough to get stuck in that loop for awhile and realize youve been playing for like an hour or two hah.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pokemon Sword and Shield will be a blockbuster release, you can count on it.
Me personally, I've never played a Pokemon game. It does nothing for me. But I respect it massive following, and that game will sell like crazy.

i remember as a kid when pokemon came out, i was in middle school, picked up a copy of blue. I remember the first time i "died" but you just "faint" and end up not losing anything... I was like wtf thats lame. I grew up with the brutal nes games like castlevania and megaman and stuff like that. I played thru blue but never bought another version.

#2408 4 years ago

got to play a little zelda today in handheld mode

the frame drop/ slowdown and blur is kinda annoying for sure, definitely noticeable and shouldn't be in a $60 Nintendo first party game. if this was $40 like it shoulda been, I wouldnt be as bummed about it. enjoying the game for sure but cant believe they let that slide and didnt hear anything about it in the few reviews I checked out.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cyberpunk2077 (not switch, but a big title)
Borderlands 3 (same as above)
Gears 5 (again)
Luigis Mansion 3 (switch)
Those are enough to keep me busy through the fall, how much time can a guy have?

cyber punk is slated for april of 2020

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was hoping to get a new entry in the great Mario and Luigi RPG series on the Switch, but Alpha Dream the developer just went bankrupt. I guess there wasn't as many fans of the genre that I thought there would be.
It's too bad, these were really among my favorite Mario games.

ahh thats a bummer, I liked those games better than the paper mario series as the spiritual successor of Mario RPG

#2475 4 years ago

dang, Indivisible comes out tomorrow for every console but switch... and the switch release date isnt known yet. game looks awesome!

#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just finished Link's awakening. While I enjoyed it (probably a little early frustration from starting in hard mode), it's a little light in content for a $60 price tag. Fortunately I got it from my brothers BB gamer club membership but that was probably a little heavy still at $53. I feel it's probably more like a $39.99 game for the time/enjoyment I got from it.
I'm not comparing this to a PS4 game necessarily (just speaking about $ spent) but to see recent offerings that I just finished playing as well (like GOW and HZD) for $60 at the same price as LA, I just feel I need to get a little more for my Nintendo money.

yeah, i am an insane zelda collector and was a little bummed at the price/value on this one. still enjoyed the heck out of it and had a few head scratching moments trying to remember/figure out a few puzzles. for example A Link Between Worlds on 3ds was cheaper on release and a bigger (much better) game.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo usually prices by system, not by content. Games on 3DS are $40. Games on Switch are $60. That’s just how it go.
For some reason Captain Toad was $40 on Switch. One of the few exceptions.

yup, just agreeing with jarby that the game shouldnt be a $60 game is all.

whats interesting is almost all the first party games that have been out for alittle while are now $50 normal price at like walmart.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Now to decide the next game to sink my teeth into... that is as soon as we finish binging Downton Abbey

started fire emblem three houses today, pretty great so far!

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just about ready for action[quoted image]

i almost forgot i have that preordered (killer queen black), looks like it comes out in a few days, sweet!

1 week later
#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve never even heard of 1 & 2. How can I get excited for 3?
I’m busy playing The Ninja Saviors, the amazing update to the SNES classic Ninja Warriors![quoted image]

dang mine hasnt come in yet! hopefully today!

about 20 hours into fire emblem, really good, highly recommend if you like the genre

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My friend Pedro is on sale for 13$ on the eshop right now.
I guess the game didnt sell so well at 20 but I would strongly encourage you to give it a shot. Its a stylish shooter that encourages replayability, once mastered it turns into a beautiful choreography of blood and bullets. Truly a one of a kind.

a physical copy is coming nov 12th if you are into that sort of thing

#2546 4 years ago

streamed Ninja Saviors with my buddy in full last night. very casual but complete playthrough
pretty fun game, really well done remaster and the added 2player couch co-op is a blast

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497874919

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I unlocked the new character with the crazy Doc Ock arms - she’s really fun to play as!

yeah thats who unlocked after we beat it. the other unlockable character , raiden, looks pretty dope. probably have to beat it on hard to get him im guessing.

1 week later
#2569 4 years ago

Wii u has some amazing first party titles... But Nintendo ported most of em to switch now lol. My Wii u is my Netflix player in the living room these days.

2 weeks later
#2619 4 years ago

hopefully they will have em online too, f the crowds

1 week later
#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends. I didn't notice that I was ordering from a place with 2-5 business days delivery (read that as 5, if you're lucky). Meanwhile, it's cheaper on Amazon now with next day delivery

I ordered and haven't gotten a shipping notification yet

1 week later
#2648 4 years ago

man, we had a snowstorm and everything was closed down yesterday and now my gamestops are out of yooka laylee. was gonna snag on my lunch break today. boo.

but online you can get the sega genesis mini for $45 on gamestops deal of the day (i think its online only)

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I freaking HATE how GS, opens ALL their new games, and puts the blank case on the shelf. YA THIS ISN'T NEW NOW. Its not NIB, it is opened. jfc. So I went to buy mine and they lost the case. He finally found it but 10 min later. If he was going to offer that game to me at new price with only the cart....heck no. Sooo irritating. leave one on the shelf empty, or hell print the stupid sleeve out for a blank case, and leave the sealed in back...wow easy. ugh...rant over.

yeah, bought a game the other day from them and kinda forgot how they do that. and then you have to take that damn sticky ass sticker off and the residue sticks to the games you put next to it and you scratch up the case half the time trying to take the sticker off. pretty lame and pretty easy to avoid.

#2667 4 years ago

I'm like 40 hours into fire emblem and it is awesome but been too busy to finish and I got just dance for the wife and she's been playing that a lot haha .

What was the deal on dead cells? I need to pick that up still (if the sale is still active!)

#2692 4 years ago

haha windjammers is my fav multiplayer game of all time. I used to have 3 neo geos with 3 carts and would run tournaments in my basement. i only have 1 neo geo and 2 carts now. I have the windjammers limited run game on vita, ps4 and switch (all 3 variants lol) and the collectors edition of vita. Sucks there isnt more of an online community for it but there is a discord for windjammers wednesday for matchplay! you should check it out if you wanna play against people, thats the best time to find a match reasonably fast

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Crystalis is one of the most overlooked and underrated action-rpg's of all time. If you're into Zelda style games, it is still worth your time to play through this.

Yeah it's Soo good, looks really good for an NES game too

2 weeks later
#2734 4 years ago

got yoshis crafted world to play with the wife. its super easy and cutsie so she likes playing it.

if you know how to play games its way too easy lol but probably good for kids and non-gamer significant others

#2756 4 years ago

Moonlighter is really fun if you haven't checked it out yet. Surprised it made my top 3
Capture+_2019-12-20-07-20-06 (resized).pngCapture+_2019-12-20-07-20-06 (resized).png

#2761 4 years ago

thats how i got yoshis crafted world, $17!

2 weeks later
#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Just finished Zelda Link's Awakening. Loved it, really well done. I had no issue with the length. Perfect for me. Wish there were more games like it. Now to go find a copy of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Check and see if your local Redbox has them for sale. Probably $30

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I love cave shooters... this one is straight outta japan
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/esp_ra_de_psi[quoted image]

Hmm, looks good but it's $65 on play asia. Would buy it at like half that lol

2 weeks later
#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone interested in the dark crystal age of resistance tactics game? Looks to be a turn based rpg.
Trailer

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-switch/

ill have to check it out, havent seen it before but i do love turn based strategy games!

2 weeks later
#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Anybody playing the new dark crystal tactical game? I want to check it out but not finding enough reviews yet. Would like to check out grand guild when that comes out too.

the ign review made it sound pretty bland

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

EDIT: I have not seen any reviews!

this review came out 3 days ago
https://www.ign.com/videos/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-review

1 month later
#2935 4 years ago

animal crossing

although it could also be assassins creed but since animal crossing was released yesterday, i am going to go with that.

#2968 4 years ago

i only get something from gamestop if they have a pre-order bonus that is way better than anywhere else. i think the last time was the metroid 2 remake on 3ds that came with a samus keychain.

or if they have a crazy deal going on. occasionally they do a nice retro game sale and i pick up a few things

#2988 4 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

Hi,
Does anyone know where i can buy a Switch (not lite)? I'm in SE michigan if that makes a difference, but i'd prefer to order it. And I'd like to pay the normal retail price if possible.
Thanks!

is there a switch shortage now too? I would think any of these stores: target, walmart, bestbuy, gamestop...

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

as far as i can tell, they're all sold out. you can find the lite out there, but i need the regular one.

wow thats crazy. maybe gamestop or a pawnshop would have a used one, or craigslist/facebook marketplace

#2991 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

wow thats crazy. maybe gamestop or a pawnshop would have a used one, or craigslist/facebook marketplace

game stop shows they have on near you (used)

Main Place of Royal Oak - GameStop
Closed Until CL:OS
450 S MAIN ST ROYAL OAK, MI 48067

not sure if you are on lockdown of if they are closed in michigan tho

website generically says they have a curb side pickup but not sure which stores that works for

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I just ordered Shadowgate and RealMYST from Limited Run Games.
Excited for those...

i scored a copy of super rare games Mechstermination Force right before it sold out today, like probably got one of the last 10 copies. stoked for that one.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

Thanks. I'm going to buy another set of nintendo joycons. I haven't purchased a game system since N64. They used to come with two controllers and a game, now a second controller costs 1/3 the price of the system.

so you can use each joycon it comes with independently so there are 2 controllers out of the box, its just a little weird cause they are tiny lol

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really liked the demo. I’ll snag it when it’s on sale.
Warning to Sega fans: Panzer Dragoon remake sucks. Controls are just sluggish and laggy and awful. They ruined a classic. Avoid until future patches improve gameplay.

Dang thanks for the tip. Didn't know it was out yet. Was looking at the limited run games physical edition but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#3042 4 years ago

Started Celeste last night on my twitch stream. Wow what a great game! Tough but not to the point of unplayable, great trial and error gameplay and fantastic soundtrack

#3050 4 years ago

i scored some of the switch gamecube controllers they released for smash, have four of those for smash but the pro controller works really well if you dont need the gamecube layout/feel

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

So have played and enjoyed
Ori
axiom verge
mummy demastered
the messenger
shantae and pirates curse
monster boy
wonder boy
yoku's island
Gris
did not like dust elysian and also hollow knight I hit a wall. enjoyed first bit but 3rd or 4th boss I lost interest
So for options up next I have
owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story
Any suggestions from those with similar preferences as to what I should hit next?

looks like you are into some indie goodness.

salt and sanctuary is really good
just started Celeste and really enjoying it
Blasphemous looks good but havent played it yet
Hallow Knight looks like it would fit into what youve liked so far

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone play the rings of adventure work out game? If so, do you feel the work out? Looking for something for the wife and daughter to play while cooped up in the house.

i have not but my wife really likes the just dance games

#3075 4 years ago

I've probably owned and sold 30-40 arcade games and one of the only ones I regret selling is my bubble bobble.

My physical copy of the new one is in the mail, hopefully it is fun lol

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

So my wife isnt into games much but has always liked simple puzzle games like Tetris. The problem I see is a lot of these games are head to head with other players or the computer. She doesnt like that. She likes original Tetris and similar. Been looking for something like that to get her.
Anyone have any suggestions? I saw Lumines but wasnt sure if any others..

Lumines!

you may still be able to get the limited run games physical version from best buy

#3121 4 years ago

yeah its hard to give tips on lumines... just use the "time line" to your benefit, depending on if you want to clear the blocks before it gets to your spot or if you want to try and line em up after it passes to build up more blocks to clear. also, setting up when you can collect all the same color that are connected, you can make some good space with those pieces.

285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by InfiniteLives. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=InfiniteLives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.