q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So...am I the only one considering rebuying all of my pinball games just for the Switch?
I already own pretty much every pin for my PS4. The portability factor alone makes me think that I might.
I'm also hoping for an Animal Crossings.

I'm thinking the same thing, as long as I can use the joy cons in each hand and use the triggers for flippers. The Vita didn't feel quite right in this mode and I don't like the touchscreen controls on the ipad. The best was the pinball accessory with the flipper and buttons, but didn't work with anything out of Pinball HD app.

2 weeks later
#388 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Omg they have horizontal support.... freaking sweet!!! I can’t wait to see people make vpin mini cabs to hold their switch!

2 really cool things about the vertical support are that it supports the joycon controllers and it also works docked. No more touch screen controls for flippers and grabbing a tv and turning it on it's side are going to make me buy all these tables again.

1 week later
#420 6 years ago

So when I tested the portrait mode when the switch was docked, it became clear what I needed to do with that extra TV I had sitting in my basement. Mounted the TV and got an extra switch dock for pinball purposes.

IMG_1973 (resized).JPGIMG_1973 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#532 6 years ago

I am just now getting back into Zelda. I can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped playing it last year in the middle of the first dungeon...

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I played 6 ish hours on wiiu, then got the switch...JUST picking it up on the switch...I also forgot how awesome this game was

Now I remember, the constant Game Over screen and dungeon reset so I have to run to the top of the beast and move the switches again. The boss fight in there was like it was from Dark Souls or something. Had to leave to try to find some better gear and more hearts.

#545 6 years ago

Yep, going to try my luck on that one as well. Although I didn't get far when it was out originally.

2 months later
#609 6 years ago

Just saw the tweet TPA is available on Switch! My wallet will be hurting if it has portrait mode!

#611 6 years ago

What do you mean take off the top joycon? I've been playing Zen and SPA with the joycons in my hand detached.

#616 6 years ago

Ah okay. I play both detached. Dropped 60 on season 1 and 3 I think. The season with TAF.

1 month later
#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wasn't for me. In the end..it's going to be like every other Zelda of the 3d era except for Wind Waker....

Curious to know what makes you Wind Waker is the only exception. BOTW is like no Zelda game that came before it.

#688 5 years ago

Sat down to try out the whole Fortnite Battle Royale and did auto fill to grab 2 more to fill our squad. Immediately had to mute the other 2. So yes it's true, just people in your party, but some times that party gets filled with randos.

We'll see how Nintendo progresses with their online service in September. Is it just me or do the NES classics no longer bring that nostalgia anymore?

One other thing I noticed in this thread, somebody mentioned 3rd party support. This is the most 3rd party support Nintendo has seen on a console since the SNES, and it's only been out a year. I think they did a lot of good things with this console, mixed in with the usual Nintendo arrogance and missteps.

#690 5 years ago

Not to derail the thread, but I'm warming up to Fortnite. It would actually be perfect on the switch. Cartoony graphics, no blood, already runs on IOS.

I was turned off by it at first because I would watch my nephew get down to 1 or 2 remaining and it became this big build shoot battle that I didn't like. The chances you make it down to a "build battle" are pretty low as a casual gamer anyway, and I realized I was missing the other 95% of the game. It is really exciting to land and see somebody moving around and you know it could get intense. Or find a sniper and sneak around and find a perch to pick people off. I realize they have had this forever with COD and such, but this is pretty unique. The fact that you can start over when you die and be back in a game within minutes is nice. I also bought the battle pass for $10 so you can level up along the way for visual perks.

#692 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure over the years I've paid more for the NES classics on multiple virtual consoles than I paid when they came out originally. From e-readers to Animal Crossing to GBA classics to DS to Wii, I think I've had my fill. Give me a download for the Switch and Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine and I'll open up the wallet again though for sure.

#754 5 years ago

I bought 2 seasons on TPA when the portrait mode was announced and glad I did so quickly. Liking my portrait mounted TV and pinball on there even though it's not perfect. I did try to buy the rest of them after the announcement they were going to be gone, but can't buy them anymore. Don't like that their table release schedule includes trying to resell all the tables from SPA, so I think I'm finally done giving Farsight my money.

2 weeks later
#847 5 years ago

I love that games are doing this now. Justifies me mounting my TV in the game room on it's side. Namco, Ikaruga, Pinball FX, PA, Gunbaritch. What others are out there?

#863 5 years ago

Yoku is awesome. So worth it.

Also the NES Classic is going to be made available for the rest of the year. Sooner or later you will see them on store shelves.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Thanks to whom ever pointed out YOKU ISLAND, such a fun sort of pinball adventure game. very playable and fun

With my limited time, I usually pick up games here and there, spend an hour or two, and hope to come back later. Not this game. I played 3 hours straight on day 1 and then 2 more hours last night. So many cool little things about it but it blends the pinball action so well. Sense of discovery is there too and it looks to be a decent sized game for the price.

I would dare say, if you're on Pinside regularly and you have a switch, this is a must buy.

2 months later
#1122 5 years ago

Keep seeing stuff on Overcooked 2. Anybody play it? Trying to find a good multiplayer party game and my family seems to like the shows liked Chopped and stuff.

2 weeks later
#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That’s all I played when it was first released...it’s a very enjoyable game for the pinball enthusiast. I need to 100% it as I beat it but was missing a few items I got stumped on.

Which items? I'm at 95% and one damn frustrating chest away. 2 of the vermlings too, which has me scratching my head.

3 years later
#4031 2 years ago

Yes thanks. And luckily I was just over 1000 points

2 months later
#4158 2 years ago

All this Zelda talk has me circling back to finish BOTW. It's hard to imagine, but back in the NES day there was nothing cooler than the whole Zelda battery save. No passwords that you got wrong, or lost, just hold that reset button in and start from there the next day. That game always takes me back. I remember LTTP on that old TV set and booting it up to hear the rain fall and see the brand new Zelda. It's hard for me to put anything other than those 2 in the 1 and 2 slots, as the Zelda games after that were hit or miss. Ocarina was a major jump(pun intended) but I preferred Majora's Mask in all it's weirdness. The jump I refer to was the lack of the jump button/action that people were furious about in Ocarina, but people got over it. Same group that were pissed about a sealed hint envelope in SNES LTTP? Now I'm probably one of those types that are pissed about the brittle weapons in BOTW.

Long story short, I'm diving back in to finish BOTW and maybe it will bump up the list. 1-NES, 2-Link to the Past, 3-Majora's Mask, 4-Ocarina, 5-Windwaker.

BOTW incomplete for now, but starting back into it tonight.

1 year later
#4336 9 months ago

I tried this on the PS5 and it was unplayable, but worked on the Xbox. I grabbed a cheap series S and hooked it up to a permanently rotated TV and it plays pretty well. I didn't buy all the tables that I previously owned, but will probably grab them on sale. I also have a spare Switch dock hooked up to that TV for Pinball Arcade and the new Stern tables.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=Groo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.