q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Agent_Hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#978 5 years ago

Anyone ever play Flashback back in the Genesis, Super NES, Amiga era? How about the Switch remaster of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Flashback-25th-Anniversary-Collectors-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07D3ZWNVQ/ref=sr_1_1

#997 5 years ago

Night Trap is coming to Switch via Limited Run Games. Also Mutant Football League, which is kinda sorta the sequel to Mutant League Football that was on the Sega Genesis. Good retro stuff.

11 months later
#2210 4 years ago

It would be nice to have a decent newer hockey game for the Switch. Why doesn't EA do much business with Nintendo, other than FIFA?

#2212 4 years ago

I actually saw a Dreamcast emulator has been released for shady Switch consoles. I thought for sure I'd get to play NHL 2k, but of course, sports games don't run well on it. Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are good though. I'll check that game out for a more legit hockey fix. Mutant Football League is also good since its ancestor is Mutant League Football from the Sega Genesis, which was based on the old Madden engine from back then.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I’m still waiting for someone to remake powerstone. 4 player local fighting game with coop modes. Perfect fit for the switch!

I haven't tried it on the emulator, but the list for games says Powerstone works fine on it.

2 months later
#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Snes, Megadrive, all the 16 bits era you can sell them for sure. The later generations Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2 mostly have terrible emulations still. I made the mistake of selling these games years ago thinking that emulation would improve and I still hate myself for that.

Why bother emulating any of them when it's easier to either hack the native system (as with Saturn), burn CD-R's (with Dreamcast), or put custom firmware on a PS3 (for PS2 games)? Keep using the original controller and peripherals. If for some reason emulation is a must since I guess some of the stuff is cleaned up/upscaled through that, then a decent computer within the past few years seems to run most of those games as well.

The Switch supports Dreamcast and Gamecube emulation too. From what I've tried on it, the games work ok, but I'm not extremely picky about emulators that are still early in their development.

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

It's not really the same thing, but you/they might like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It's a fun and beautiful platformer, very hard in places but the Switch version has various options that make it easier if you want to use them.

The new Bubsy (cat mascot character from back in the 16-bit era) game might be something they could play. I'm not sure what game originated it, but it's the type of game where the character is always moving across the screen automatically and you have to time the character's jumps, double jumps, or whatever other tricks available to get through a level, ideally picking up all of the objects and power-ups along the way. He's a snarky character that's kinda funny but not dirty humor or anything like that.

2 months later
#2657 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

On a totally unrelated note, have any of you discovered old games from years ago are now worth a few bucks?
Apparently my copy of Illbleed for the Dreamcast is hard to find and selling for $100 on eBay. Funny because I paid $15 for it on eBay and hated it, shelved it, and forgot I had it.

It's funny how nostalgia and game prices continue to do their thing. It seemed like Dreamcast games were never going to be worth anything since everyone was downloading the games back in the day, now it's hot. Original Xbox games are starting to increase in value too. Soon PS3 and 360 games will be retro.

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

My daughter is pestering me for this this thing and I just read something about Black Friday deals trying to fools morons like myself into buying the crappy one which looks just like the good one with a huge battery...how do you identify the big battery model?

Solid red box is v2.

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My “Black Friday” haul (all online purchases). Should keep me busy for a few years lol[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a corpse character in the lot...come on, get some realism in there!

4 weeks later
#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon 2 is very festive today! Merry Squidmas/Splatmas/Fishmas! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just tried getting into Splatoon, but how was the game you posted any fun? Of course your team won since the level gap means your team could paint the entire map in half the time of the lower leveled team. I kept getting matched up with mostly similar low-levels, but then one person would be level 30+ and just totally throw the round out of balance to the point where there was no chance of competing. I have to hope the teams are kinda even or else it's a slaughter. How long until a newbie can buy a useful weapon? It looks like level 20 or later.

1 week later
#2863 4 years ago

Anyone played Distrust? It looks like an interesting game and I could get it for cashing in my coins.

#2880 4 years ago

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/heroki-switch/
Neat looking platformer on sale for $2--burn those spare coins!

The peaceful sky village of Levantia is in danger! The dastardly Dr. N. Forchin and his accomplice, Vapor, have stolen the Emerix - a powerful amulet and all hope may be lost! Fly into a beautiful action adventure and save a whimsical world full of flight and fantasy. Master the wind to fly, freefall, dash and bash your way across beautiful 3D rendered sky-islands, jungles, seas and deserts.

FEATURES
10+ hours of deep gameplay
Fly, freefall and fight, with the help of the wind and a propeller
Master new skills such as powerful Dash and Bash attacks or use the power of Wind to solve puzzles
Spawn many Power-ups such as a Shield, Hourglass, Aeroblade and more
Find hidden treasures and collect many items
Explore four stunning worlds
Meet and befriend a cast of friendly characters
Face dozens of unique enemies and prepare for an epic boss battle
Discover a host of islands within your village to play mini-games and side-quests to earn special rewards
60FPS Full HD performance
HD Rumble

3 months later
#3200 3 years ago

Does anyone give out friend codes for Animal Crossing? I just started the game and want to catalog items. I guess the only helpful thing I can do is water your flowers while I'm there.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just like real life, you can’t stop at 1! I think I have 5 now lol
[quoted image]

I like this game room I saw on Reddit:
acmc (resized).jpgacmc (resized).jpg

Two exciting things happened for me in this first week of me playing--I saw and wished on two shooting stars last night (good for me reading up on those and how you're supposed to press A when you see them, not just snap a screenshot! Also, the only item I really wanted from Gulliver's task reward was the pyramid, which is the prize I got! I think there are 93 randomly-generated possible prizes. Now if only those balloons would drop an arcade game for me.

2 months later
#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They wouldn't sell consoles then. It is too hard enough to program a game and have backward, but to make a game work on a prior gen, the QA would be too costly for most. Then if it didn't work right, people would flip out. and if I've learned anything from Pinside...people would complain the graphics suck

hahahha, that is the worst idea best joke

Isn't Rarehero suggesting exactly what the new Xbox Series X is going to do? You'll still be able to play all new released games that are intended for the new Series X, but you'll be able to play them at a lower resolution on a current Xbox One X. It's basically how PC gaming has been for ages. Sure you can play the hot new release, but not on "ULTRA" settings!

1 month later
#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I haven’t had a chance to watch the direct yet are they really just dumping Mario 64 as is, that is classic Nintendo lazy.

Stop the yip-yap and pay the cashier your $60--keep the line moving!

2 months later
#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm thinking about downloading DOOM Eternal upon release to the Switch. Any feedback from those who have played it on other platforms? The previews look astounding.

It’s going to be included with Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Agent_Hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=Agent_Hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.