q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 89.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there a Nintendo store where you can go in and buy games like donkey Kong and all of the old Nintendo classics and play them on the switch? If so, how much does a old game like donkey Kong cost?

I believe they have talked about adding these old games to their Switch eShop. They have them on the 3DS already and they cost maybe $10-$15?

#402 6 years ago

hell ya tommy. I have played splatoon since its original release. 2 is fun and has lots of enhancements over 1.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there a Nintendo store where you can go in and buy games like donkey Kong and all of the old Nintendo classics and play them on the switch? If so, how much does a old game like donkey Kong cost?

Google "Nintendo eshop" and you'll find it. You'll also find that selection for those older games is really poor at the moment. Too bad as I'm looking to own the older Zelda and Mario games on my account forever, and not just on the game device I currently own.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Google "Nintendo eshop" and you'll find it. You'll also find that selection for those older games is really poor at the moment. Too bad as I'm looking to own the older Zelda and Mario games on my account forever, and not just on the game device I currently own.

Virtual Console is said to be coming to the switch but nobody knows when. They seem to be releasing the arcade VS games but those are stand alone. Only vs Mario Bros. And VS Super Mario Bros are out so far.

#405 6 years ago

Anyone need Mario Odyssey or Zelda for switch, happy to sell at discount to a Pinsider. Just shoot me a PM or text 574-596-2668.

#406 6 years ago

I bought a lot of the old NES games when I got my Wii. I believe they were between $4 and $7 each. When I got the WiiU I repurchased them, but they were only $1.00 each since I had already bought them, and when I got my 3DS they were also only $1.00 each. I wonder what they will cost if there ever is a Virtual Console for Switch. I'll be pretty peeved if they don't so this.

#407 6 years ago

I really like Splatoon 2and it's almost all that my son plays. A brilliant Nintendo answer to the FPS genre.

(Response to Tsskinne)

#408 6 years ago

Rayman Legends is 33% off in the eshop right now. Fantastic platformer.

#409 6 years ago

I concur, it is a good game....but I just got it on wiiu this past summer! AHHHHHHH

Now I debate RL on physical or digital.... love collecting carts but.....so cheap digital

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I believe they have talked about adding these old games to their Switch eShop. They have them on the 3DS already and they cost maybe $10-$15?

A friend of mine told me last night that they are supposed to be coming to the switch. Really until they become available I don’t see any reason to go buy a switch because I’ve got too many games that I still need to play on my PS4. The Switch looks like a nice little system though.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Rayman Legends is 33% off in the eshop right now. Fantastic platformer.

How does the little bug guy work on the Switch? On the Wii-U you controlled him with stylus on the tablet, manipulating the environment quickly while other players play on the tv. Was that migrated successfully or axed in this version? Rayman Legends was one of very few games where I found the tablet on the Wii-U to actually be well integrated into the game instead of a throwaway gimmick.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

How does the little bug guy work on the Switch? On the Wii-U you controlled him with stylus on the tablet, manipulating the environment quickly while other players play on the tv. Was that migrated successfully or axed in this version? Rayman Legends was one of very few games where I found the tablet on the Wii-U to actually be well integrated into the game instead of a throwaway gimmick.

Dunno, I never played it on the WiiU. When you are playing by yourself you have an action button for him to interact with things. Not totally automatic, but sort of. Still fun.

#413 6 years ago

Would love to see a Metroid pinball game someday. Theme lends itself well to pinball.

Maybe when Metroid Prime 4 comes out.....

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Would love to see a Metroid pinball game someday. Theme lends itself well to pinball.

TheArrrrcade on Twitch is building a homebrew Metroid pin. He streams the build at times too.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Buy a DS. Metroid pinball is a great game. It comes with a rumble pack.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

https://www.loveroms.com/download/nintendo-ds/0142-metroid-prime-pinball-u/44876

#417 6 years ago

I just bought riptide renegade as it’s 50% off, and I’m a big fan of vector unit and Hydro thunder. So far the game is pretty good, obviously not a boat racing but still plays nice, gets pretty hard!

#418 6 years ago

Never has five hundred bucks wanted to fly out of my hand so fast...

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just bought riptide renegade as it’s 50% off, and I’m a big fan of vector unit and Hydro thunder. So far the game is pretty good, obviously not a boat racing but still plays nice, gets pretty hard!

A new Waverace game from Nintendo would be very welcome. The original Gamecube game still holds up pretty well as far as playability.

#420 6 years ago

So when I tested the portrait mode when the switch was docked, it became clear what I needed to do with that extra TV I had sitting in my basement. Mounted the TV and got an extra switch dock for pinball purposes.

IMG_1973 (resized).JPGIMG_1973 (resized).JPG

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

So when I tested the portrait mode when the switch was docked, it became clear what I needed to do with that extra TV I had sitting in my basement. Mounted the TV and got an extra switch dock for pinball purposes.

Oh sweet!!! I’ll have to make sure my tv in the gameroom can rotate!

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

A new Waverace game from Nintendo would be very welcome. The original Gamecube game still holds up pretty well as far as playability.

I’m waiting for aqua moto racing utopia!

The same dev has a snowmobile game too. I hope we get all the refreshes!

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Cool feature and I have a set up to rotate my tv 90 degrees.....unfortunately it's the opposite direction of where ZEN has this vertically set to...bummer it's only that one way. That being said the options, jazzed up interface, and game play blows away PA when the switch versions are concerned. The Stern PA isn't as fun....at all.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

How do you switch the orientation from landscape to portrait to play pinball? Can you do it while playing handheld? Just downloaded the Stern games

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How do you switch the orientation from landscape to portrait to play pinball? Can you do it while playing handheld? Just downloaded the Stern games

You can only do it on ZEN.....that's what I'm talking about with TPA...bare bones options.

You hit the - button on the switch and it immediately rotates vertically.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

You can only do it on ZEN.....that's what I'm talking about with TPA...bare bones options.
You hit the - button on the switch and it immediately rotates vertically.

Well I just wasted $40 buying the two Stern game packs....ugh!

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Well I just wasted $40 buying the two Stern game packs....ugh!

#428 6 years ago

my kid got splatoon 2 for xmas, cool game, but I was very surprised to see there is no local multiplayer. that's really weak....

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

my kid got splatoon 2 for xmas, cool game, but I was very surprised to see there is no local multiplayer. that's really weak....

yup.

#430 6 years ago

splatoon 1 had vs mod offline but it was weak imo. The switch I don’t think has the power for split player I don’t think. However it should have offline multiplayer but everyone needs their own switch

#431 6 years ago

I've been playing Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle and really enjoying it! Didn't think it'd be my kind of game but it's grown on me and charmed me a lot. If you think it could interest you give it a chance you'd be surprised how entertaining and addicting it is.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I've been playing Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle and really enjoying it! Didn't think it'd be my kind of game but it's grown on me and charmed me a lot. If you think it could interest you give it a chance you'd be surprised how entertaining and addicting it is.

Definitely one of my favorite games on the system.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

me too! Unlike xcom or jagged alliance, they make it easier to play but with strategy!

#434 6 years ago

You guys have convinced me. I just ordered one, plus Mario and Zelda. It will give me something fun to do during these cold winter days haha.

#435 6 years ago

Loving the Switch so far!! Have Mario Cart, Mario Odyssey, Stern Pinball Acade, and Pinball FX3. The vertical mode in Zen is great. Wish they had the Star Wars tables available.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Loving the Switch so far!! Have Mario Cart, Mario Odyssey, Stern Pinball Acade, and Pinball FX3. The vertical mode in Zen is great. Wish they had the Star Wars tables available.

Have you tried pinball fx3 docked with a pro controller? There was way too much flipper lag to be playable when I tried it. I thought the vertical mode was good, and there was no flipper lag on the touchscreen. I need to be ble to play it docked though. Otherwise it is quite a bit better on my iPad Pro.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

You guys have convinced me. I just ordered one, plus Mario and Zelda. It will give me something fun to do during these cold winter days haha.

This is exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I kinda need to wait though because I have some massive bills coming up in February.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I kinda need to wait though because I have some massive bills coming up in February.

Watching YouTube videos of these Nintendo games is pretty impressive. They definitely have charm to them and look like a ton of fun. I can see why the Switch is getting such glowing praise. Plus Nintendo is much cheaper than pinball, though I still want another remake or two haha.

#439 6 years ago

Had the family over last night for NYE and Mario Odyssey was a huge hit with everyone.

It looks like Nintendo made a couple more sales just from our house alone.

#440 6 years ago

I just played Mario Odyssey over the holidays for the first time. I think I am going to order a switch based on that title alone, what a fun game. The guy that owned the switch said that Zelda was even better than Mario Odyssey too.

#441 6 years ago

I purchased a Switch just for Mario Odyssey. I’m a 53 year old kid.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Have you tried pinball fx3 docked with a pro controller? There was way too much flipper lag to be playable when I tried it. I thought the vertical mode was good, and there was no flipper lag on the touchscreen. I need to be ble to play it docked though. Otherwise it is quite a bit better on my iPad Pro.

No, I haven't tried it docked yet. I was playing it vertical with the touchscreen. I bet the iPad Pro would be a really sweet experience. More screen real estate and more processing power.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I bet the iPad Pro would be a really sweet experience. More screen real estate and more processing power.

The 12.9 inch iPad Pro is awesome for Pinball Arcade. That's my preferred way of playing and it really is immersive due to the large screen and stereo sound. The graphics look phenomenal. This is one of the few games that actually works better on the iPad than on a console or computer due to the controls. Just touch the screen on the side to activate the flippers. No need for a controller or keyboard. And it works equally well in portrait or landscape orientation. Highly recommended.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I just played Mario Odyssey over the holidays for the first time. I think I am going to order a switch based on that title alone, what a fun game. The guy that owned the switch said that Zelda was even better than Mario Odyssey too.

I’m playing Zelda most right now, the scale of the world they’ve built is incredible.

#445 6 years ago

In the club finally! My wife bought me a Switch and Zelda for Christmas and I have to say I am blown away. I have so many projects I should be focused on (mainly GOTG and The Last Starfighter Sounds) but this round of Zelda is so enormous it's crazy.....I've been parked in front of the TV since Christmas morning and staying up crazy hours to just unlock one more Shrine! So much to do, thank goodness I got a guide too.

#446 6 years ago

Been playing tons of Zelda lately which is great but......after watching some game play I'm heading to grab Mario + rabbits today. Can't wait.

#447 6 years ago

Gonna snag RL physical today for my trip to CES... the physical should have all the DLC in, so that is nice.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I’m playing Zelda most right now, the scale of the world they’ve built is incredible.

I'm thinking about getting Zelda but I'm kind of concerned about the difficulty level. Although I've been playing video games since Pong, I'm not great at some games and usually choose the easiest difficulty.

Speaking of which, does Zelda have different modes for easier play?

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

As far as I know, the base game of BOTW does not offer any difficulty modes. I believe In the DLC there is hard mode but I would not sweat it. You will have a lot of fun. I play leisurely with 125+ hours of play and so far 90 shrines down.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm thinking about getting Zelda but I'm kind of concerned about the difficulty level. Although I've been playing video games since Pong, I'm not great at some games and usually choose the easiest difficulty.

My only complaint about BOTW was how easy it was, especially the final battle with Ganon. And I'm not a big gamer at all, kind of in the same boat with you it sounds like. So go ahead and get the greatest switch game there is, I wouldn't worry about the difficulty (and there's plenty of walkthroughs and other help if you get stuck or need guidance on what to do next)

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.