2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,925 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by 2pupPinz
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 219 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200131_170902 (resized).jpg
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (resized).jpg
animal crossing w- journal (resized).jpg
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (3) (resized).jpg
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (2) (resized).jpg
EB60EF6B-ECF0-4D82-B446-05262B71F847 (resized).jpeg
E52F3DA1-32A1-4795-B077-F7116C22760C (resized).jpeg
676396FB-4311-4385-AEF8-66315B27ACA4.jpeg
E67C63FE-7320-4BCE-8B15-8BF41476A3DF.jpeg
45C68FA0-8E61-4AE4-B352-FDC8B46FEBEC (resized).jpeg
4CE89CA9-A338-45D3-BBFA-85AFF2FDF8BE.jpeg
20191228_141909 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-12-26-20-03-44 (resized).png
1F0727A5-FC40-4E43-8705-CFCBA91CAA05.jpeg
E24335A7-F26A-4E5E-943D-39F34897AB9A.jpeg
3C561265-8D35-43E9-9B01-67F65E8F2A4B.jpeg

There are 2925 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 59.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Getting my 10 year old daughter a Switch for Christmas. Looking for game recommendations? I figured Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart would be the first two games I would buy. Not sure what to get after that? Zelda, or is that too much for a 10 year old?

My daughter is 9 and she loves Splatoon, Arms and Mario Kart. She actually really liked Mario + Rabbids as well.

#302 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this game! Just finished 100%. Darker side of the moon took me awhile to beat but once I did, I could get through it pretty regularly.

I also didn't mind grinding it because even when you die you still end up gaining a few hundred coins per run.

#303 2 years ago

I picked up one for my daughter that will be 10 by Christmas. Getting one for myself this week too so we can play cooperative on the non-split screen games.

Games she is most interested in (in order): Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Rocket League, Tetris, Super Bomberman, and that 1-2 switch party game thing.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Getting my 10 year old daughter a Switch for Christmas. Looking for game recommendations? I figured Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart would be the first two games I would buy. Not sure what to get after that? Zelda, or is that too much for a 10 year old?

1-2 switch may be a fun family game, of for her friends.

See how she likes Mario and get Zelda based off that?

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It made sense that a stick would break and maybe some other wooden items. Metal swords constantly breaking is not realistic

I do agree with this. Most other systems of this type have a function of repairing your weapons however, I still think that Zelda is a great game and I am having a lot of fun while playing it. It would also make sense on metal items that there would be a rare chance that it would break with a lucky hit.

#306 2 years ago

What a great game... I've been recovering from a surgery and it's really been a blessing. Blown away by the beauty of the graphics and the unexpected and creative twists that pop up in every level. All of it's been a home run so far. Just when you think Nintendo can't do anything more with the Mario franchise they pull this out their hat (cap?)!

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

anyone else get rocket league for switch?
I never played it on ps4 since i don't have PSPlus but damn that game is fun. ]
I suck but I'm getting the hang of it, I did get back to back goals last night. I was pumping my fist like an idiot last night, almost like if i really did something meaningful, glad my wife had work early and was already asleep.
the game does take me back to Excitebike 64's Soccer mode. What a underrated game when it came out... not sure if its aged well at all.

Just downloaded it this weekend. Wow do I suck at it! LOL...I'm struggling when it's just me and the ball much less when you add opponents. Played one online match and watched one freaking wizard score 7 points on us, while we got 1 mostly accidental goal. LOL

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just downloaded it this weekend. Wow do I suck at it! LOL...I'm struggling when it's just me and the ball much less when you add opponents. Played one online match and watched one freaking wizard score 7 points on us, while we got 1 mostly accidental goal. LOL

Watch this...I saw it live when it happened and about soiled myself...

https://compete.kotaku.com/squishys-ceiling-golazo-might-be-the-best-rocket-league-1820395544

#309 2 years ago

I've returned to New Donk City to complete the band, etc and it was wonderful. However, searching for Pauline's gift and trying to figure out where to plant seeds reminds me why I don't consider this a perfect game.

#311 2 years ago

I snagged 1-2 Switch and Bomberman from BB. Great prices on those two. Was tempted to get Mario/Rabbids for $30 at WM....but I still don't think I'll come around on that genre and have so much to play already.

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I snagged 1-2 Switch and Bomberman from BB. Great prices on those two. Was tempted to get Mario/Rabbids for $30 at WM....but I still don't think I'll come around on that genre and have so much to play already.

Oh Walmart was the only place that had to for $30... dang. It is a great game, I think I’ll snag it for my stocking

#313 2 years ago

Just picked up B2G1 at Frys electronics. Got BOTW EE, Mario cart 8, and Splatoon 2 for $119.99.

#314 2 years ago

Lots of games on sale on the eShop. Shantae, Mummy & Wonderboy are awesome if you love retro games.

I had those already so bought Flame In the Flood & The Bridge.

#315 2 years ago

I picked up the two Lego games for my daughter as they were both $20 each.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had those already so bought Flame In the Flood & The Bridge.

I picked up Flame in the Flood because of the sale. I'm not sure I love it. The inventory management & crafting are overly fiddly to the point of annoying.

I ended up going back to Mario + Rabbids this weekend instead, which is a great game if you like tactics battle type games.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I picked up Flame in the Flood because of the sale. I'm not sure I love it. The inventory management & crafting are overly fiddly to the point of annoying.

It's a little weird. I'm not quite sure I get it. I'm definitely dying a lot and not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just hard. Normally that would turn me away but for some reason this game is giving me an old school NES vibe - I sorta wanna stick with it and see if I can figure it out.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a little weird. I'm not quite sure I get it. I'm definitely dying a lot and not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just hard. Normally that would turn me away but for some reason this game is giving me an old school NES vibe - I sorta wanna stick with it and see if I can figure it out.

I feel like I'm missing something, too. I make what feels like good progress, but then catch some kind of ailment with no foreseeable cure.

Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not sure I love it. The inventory management & crafting are overly fiddly to the point of annoying.

Yeah, I find it pretty annoying, too.

I've died often enough to be done with it for a while.

I am liking 88 Heroes at the moment.

#319 2 years ago

Have BotW & Odyssey. No hype, these are probably the two best games Nintendo has released in the last 20 years. I thought I wasn't going to get sucked into another video game after spending 60 hrs on Fallout 4, then Zelda came.

New Metroid game is in the works as well. If it is anywhere even close to being as good as Prime, then I may just disappear for a while into video game world. ...Praying for another Super Metroid quality game.

#320 2 years ago

I tried buying NBA 2k18 from the Nintendo eshop on Black Friday. I have attempted to download it about a dozen times now with no success. I have downloaded Mario Kart and Rocket Leage with no issues. Does anyone have any suggestsions? I have 119 GB of free space on my memory card still so space shouldn't be my issue. I'm getting very annoyed.

#321 2 years ago

Bought myself a switch this weekend during a break during family Disney vacation. Picked up Mario/Rabbids and Mario Odyssey physical copies along with rocket league and mantis burn digital.

Have to wait till I get home to play them much though. Looking forward to trying shovel knight and Axiom Verge too.

#322 2 years ago

I'll have a Wii U and lots of games for sale if anyone is interested on the 26th of December. I can't wait to use cartridges so my kids don't scratch up any more discs! Santa bringing a Odyssey Switch bundle for the kiddos on Xmas morning

#323 2 years ago

Switch owners...family of four (2 adults and 2 kids age 7 and 9)...what accessories/controllers are best? Pro controllers? Game suggestions?

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Switch owners...family of four (2 adults and 2 kids age 7 and 9)...what accessories/controllers are best? Pro controllers? Game suggestions?

These answers interest me greatly.

Also, what about charging stations?

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

These answers interest me greatly.
Also, what about charging stations?

I just dock my Joycons on the Switch to charge them. Pro Controller comes with a USB cable that you can plug into the Switch dock.

Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

ARMS, Mario Kart, Puyo Puyo Tetris are all fun multiplayer games up to 4 players couch co-op....and also have online multiplayer. Splatoon 2 is great online but you can't play multi together in the same room unless you have multiple Switches.

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I can't wait to use cartridges

I bought a 256gb micro SD card on day 1 because I didn't want to deal with physcial games at all.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I bought a 256gb micro SD card on day 1 because I didn't want to deal with physcial games at all.

Digital is an awesome feature...but the Amazon Prime 20% discount for carts is enticing Also I like buying physical games I'm not quite sure about, so I can sell them if I don't like them or get bored of them. I was really conflicted about Mario, though...I pre-ordered physical, since ya know - it's Mario! I wanna hold that new Mario game! ...but then I realized I've NEVER sold a Mario game ever...and I wanted to play it Thursday night when it launched on the eShop, so I bought it digitally!

#328 2 years ago

Well, prior to reading this thread, I had little interest in purchasing Nintendo Switch.

However, after doing research I'm all in. I've owned every video game system with the exception of XBox1 and WiU so I wasn't keen on buying yet another one. But dang...Mario looks like a blast! Asking my wife for a Switch for Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for getting my interest up.

#329 2 years ago

I finally got every Moon & Purple coin! Now I can let my girlfriend play. Maybe.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I personally would do, 2 pro controllers and 2 sets of joycons. But it will also depend on what kind of games you guys usually play.

They make base stations for joycon charging, I think nyko makes one.

Games...like all of them
Mario kart
Mario Odyssey
1-2 switch (good family fun game)
snipper clips deluxe (good family/coop fun game)
zelda - single player experience
bomberman

tons of other games from indie to big titles like pokentourny and doom etc.

#331 2 years ago

Just picked up Switch for kids and new X box X for me. WWII is waiting.

#332 2 years ago

The nice thing is that people seem to be able to actually buy a switch. All the availability problems in the past have been annoying.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just picked up Switch for kids and new X box X for me. WWII is waiting.

HA! nice! I got WW2 for x1 too on BF. Only played 15 min of campaign but it plays soooo much more realistic than the old "arcade" cods

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The nice thing is that people seem to be able to actually buy a switch. All the availability problems in the past have been annoying.

Yeah! There has been stock at my BB and target for a month or so now. Tons were there on BF.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I can't play with the joycons (but I'm old and used to PS controllers). The kids are much better with the joycons then I am. I recommend the pro controllers especially if you're used to traditional gaming controllers. At least then you can slowly work yourself into the joycons. Trying to play two players with one joycon each is not fun at all, so I would recommend buying a pro and then seeing what everyone likes best and purchase as needed from there.

They have several Nintendo branded joycon chargers that are on Cyber Monday sales you may want to check out. There have been some reliability concerns with generic chargers over charging but YMMV. Mario Kart is probably the best whole family game besides 1-2 Switch. Mario is capable of two players but since the second player is the hat, it's kind of annoying to have to communicate to the other person where to go and what your strategy is. Plus the camera can only follow one person which makes it difficult. I actually bought it for a couch co-op with my daughter but in practice we lost interest in playing that way (might be fun for two younger kids though). Played Mario kart all night last night though so that was fun. We also have Splatoon and Zelda but haven't cracked those open yet. Unfortunately neither of those are two player local

The death of the couch co-op still pisses me off........ How else am I supposed to get my kid to do anything with me!?!?!

#335 2 years ago

Flip Wars looked interesting but had some issues at launch, it may have been fixed by now.

Edit: I just read some reviews and they are pretty awful. Maybe Overcooked would be a better plan for some local multiplayer fun.

#336 2 years ago

I’m thinking of getting a 4K oled tv, but concerned how the switch looks on it…anyone know?

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m thinking of getting a 4K oled tv, but concerned how the switch looks on it…anyone know?

It’s 1080p, so it would depend how your tv up scales or not. Should be fine.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Looks great on my LG oled.

#339 2 years ago

Like most Nintendo games it is about getting immersed in the game making them unique and enjoyable.
The wank factor like 60fps 4k etc. etc is secondary.
In saying that it looks great on all modern V's and hey, how good do you need Nintendo cartoony characters to look?
You just smile when playing

#340 2 years ago

Anyone want a Nintendo switch I’m selling one for $280 shipped its brand new unopened

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Other - For Sale
“Selling a brand new unopen Nintendo Switch with Blue / Red Joy controllers. No games included. $280.00 Shipped”
2017-11-28
Baltimore, MD

#341 2 years ago

Was playing Mario Odyssey properly the first time last night... (no kids or interruptions)

I haven’t smiled this much since running through the “YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER !!” coins at the end of Funky in Super Mario World.

#342 2 years ago

I noticed that the Switch has been out of stock on Amazon for awhile yet I saw a bunch of them yesterday when shopping at Target and Best Buy.

I better tell my wife to pick me up one today.

#343 2 years ago

I just found a neat "trick" in Flame In The Flood. I decided to start a new game, since I was just too messed up to survive. In the new game, the dog's backpack is still filled with whatever you put in it during your previous game! So - if you're about to die and want to start over, fill Aesop's bag with good stuff!

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Flip Wars looked interesting but had some issues at launch, it may have been fixed by now.
Edit: I just read some reviews and they are pretty awful. Maybe Overcooked would be a better plan for some local multiplayer fun.

Overcooked is super fun for couch co-op. Had my brothers-in-law over right after it came out and we played it for hours, laughing the entire time.

#345 2 years ago

She got one for me!!!

Unfortunately, I can't hook it up until Christmas morning.

IMG_3730 (resized).JPG

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

She got one for me!!!

Awesome! I'm in the same situation. It's a present for my daughter so I can't open it until Christmas day.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

She got one for me!!!

Invisible wrapping paper. I bet that's expensive.

#348 2 years ago

Saw this just now:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/super-mario-cereal-from-nintendo-and-kelloggs

Each box acts as an amiibo and grants you coins or a heart in Odyssey.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Saw this just now:
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/super-mario-cereal-from-nintendo-and-kelloggs
Each box acts as an amiibo and grants you coins or a heart in Odyssey.

So can you take your Switch to the grocery store and scan these? No way I'm eating that cereal!

I honestly don't get the whole amiibo thing. I see those games with physical toys you scan to get a character in your game (Skylanders and Lego Portals?) and that makes sense, but what does an amiibo do other than let you get small bonuses in a game for paying for a toy? If they made a Pokémon game where you could buy a toy to get that Pokémon in your game, that would make sense, but I have yet to see anything nearly that compelling with amiibo. I haven't been following the functionality closely, though.

I know Yoshi Wooly World on Wii U had some that would let you get new skins for Yoshi, but those were so plentiful in the stock game that I had no reason to buy a toy to get a new skin. It's not like Yoshi would have any different functionality.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Invisible wrapping paper. I bet that's expensive.

Ha!... She was going to wrap it up but I didn't really see the point.

This way I can at least stare at it for a few weeks before breaking it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,999.99
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 230.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 299.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 2925 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 59.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside