AF0E7DAA-1286-41CC-897E-4C4533DC8984 (resized).png
Splatoon (resized).jpg
Ef0WVP6WAAUW1pJ (resized).jpg
Ef0uHFZXoAEWvlW (resized).jpg
DE125295-DC63-4A2A-BC1B-90283651D07B.jpeg
0828220B-B004-4CE4-B240-3DA63B9E4C26.png
6667A743-7ABA-4703-BE71-92711289F153.jpeg
CF460C92-DDF2-4DD4-BE26-0398412865B5.jpeg

There are 3776 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 76.
#3751 28 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, camping shows how this game is kinda fundamentally broken. There really isn't much incentive to getting tons of ghost chains & clearing more stages. You can just chill and let everyone else kill each other.

Right? My strategy was to go around and around the outer rim getting the power pellets and then chaining the ghosts as big as I could over and over till it was huge. So fun to chomp a 50+ snake of ghosts.

1 week later
#3752 15 days ago

Just picked up super mario party brand new for $30. Pretty pleased even though I heard its not the best. I have NO other MPs though. They are all so expensive!

#3753 15 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just picked up super mario party brand new for $30. Pretty pleased even though I heard its not the best. I have NO other MPs though. They are all so expensive!

now that online is available, I bet it will be more fun

#3754 15 days ago

MP is pretty fun. It uses the motion aspect of the joycon pretty well. The only other MP I've played was for NGC, with college friends. We had a helluva fun time! I think this one is geared more towards younger players, as the controls and rules are pretty simple. I'm sure getting a few buddies over with drinks would still be stupid fun though lol.

#3755 15 days ago

Only issue is there isn't a lot of boards for it. So it gets old kinda quick.

#3756 15 days ago
Quoted from edward472:

Only issue is there isn't a lot of boards for it. So it gets old kinda quick.

I read MP 5 is the best all around? Any one got an opinion on that? Ive been hunting.

#3757 15 days ago

my problem with mario party games is the cheapness of the board area that takes away the skill of the mini games. never really could get into them

#3758 15 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Take a look at Stardew Valley, too. That's $15, and my daughter and I are able to play on the same copy with the PC version (assuming you have a couple of PCs that can handle a pretty low-demand game). I think up to 4 can play in co-op.
I was going to get AC for a bit of escapism, but decided to dig into my owned games before dropping 60 on something new. I'm glad I did, we're hooked, and I much prefer the sprite 16-bit era art style.

Necro-quote from a year ago lol! My wife and daughter were playing Animal Crossing (much like a ton of people last year I'm sure) and in trying to get them to play something else, I looked at and saw Stardew Valley. After seeing my wife and daughter play it for a short time, I half jokingly said that I should start a game....well...65 hrs later, I'm still plugging away at my farm! Never realized how addicting this game was! It's starting to fade now, as it is getting a little samey, but man it's as much time as I've put into other AAA titles in the last year! I say bravo to the one-man-developer for making something so simple yet so addicting!

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

my problem with mario party games is the cheapness of the board area that takes away the skill of the mini games. never really could get into them

MP and Mario Kart are the same in that in the end game, they try to level the playing field for those that are behind. Completely makes sense and perfect for gamers and non-gamers alike. This is why Nintendo is the king/queen of family gaming.

I joke with my family that I don't play with them because I win every time...but I'm kind of not joking either, since I don't want them to get frustrated with me winning all of the time. With that said, it's always fun to dominate in the mini-games

#3759 14 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

MP and Mario Kart are the same in that in the end game, they try to level the playing field for those that are behind. Completely makes sense and perfect for gamers and non-gamers alike. This is why Nintendo is the king/queen of family gaming.

Blue Shells are the worst, but I still wouldn't put Mario Kart in this convo. The better player will generally come out on top. Mario Party, not so much. Not a fan of MP. The mini games are fun, but the board game part and the enormous luck factor ruin them for me.

#3760 14 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Blue Shells are the worst, but I still wouldn't put Mario Kart in this convo. The better player will generally come out on top. Mario Party, not so much. Not a fan of MP. The mini games are fun, but the board game part and the enormous luck factor ruin them for me.

When I play MP, it's with my kids, and being 7 and 5, they could use the boost at the end of the game. Not a big deal, as it makes it more enjoyable for them, as much as for me. Now, if I were playing with someone in the same skill level, then it's annoying as hell!

#3761 14 days ago

I think Mario Kart and Mario Party are the two worst offenders when it comes to rubber band AI. Mario Party is, what it is, so it's not a big deal. Mario Kart though they really need to put some effort in to create some skill based modes. It could be an eSports king if they just spent a tiny amount on balance.

#3762 14 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think Mario Kart and Mario Party are the two worst offenders when it comes to rubber band AI. Mario Party is what it is so it's not a big deal. Mario Kart though they really need to put some effort in to create some skill based modes. It could be an eSports king if they just spent a tiny amount on balance.

I know people say MK8 has no skill due to blue shells and whatnot...but, whenever I race online, there's always 1 or 2 people who just blow everyone else away...so even with blue shells and whatnot, they know all the tricks to stay in first. Meanwhile I get slammed with every f'ing attack and lose mostly lol

#3763 14 days ago

A simple thing they could do for Mario Kart is to just add an option to turn off those items. Then you can play with similar skilled players and it wouldn't be a problem.

#3764 14 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A simple thing they could do for Mario Kart is to just add an option to turn off those items. Then you can play with similar skilled players and it wouldn't be a problem.

I think you actually can do that...I'm pretty sure you can create a room and your own settings like turning off power ups.

#3765 14 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think you can turn off some items now, but even still the difference between the characters is so big and there is always exploits like crazy. Does anyone else hate the whole snaking thing. Just destroyed the game for me, it changed it from a racer to who can enter the Konami code the fastest.

#3766 10 days ago

I got home late from a gig last night and plopped down for some binding of isaac. I still love this game sooo much and I havent beat mother yet! I got really close last night. I love the diversity in the power ups, enemies, etc. It always feels fresh even though I am playing the same game over and over.

I bought enter the gundgeon but I am not going to open it until I can finally beat mother once in isaac.

Anybody in to that sick shit?

#3767 10 days ago

I got home late from a gig last night and plopped down for some binding of isaac. I still love this game sooo much and I havent beat mother yet! I got really close last night. I love the diversity in the power ups, enemies, etc. It always feels fresh even though I am playing the same game over and over.
I bought enter the gundgeon but I am not going to open it until I can finally beat mother once in isaac.
Anybody in to that sick shit?

I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes of Isaac. Seemed unplayable...like, all he shoots is a slow single ball at a time? Not sure what the hook is.

Enter the Gungeon is awesome, though! Love that game!

#3768 10 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes of Isaac. Seemed unplayable...like, all he shoots is a slow single ball at a time? Not sure what the hook is.
Enter the Gungeon is awesome, though! Love that game!

That's how Isaac starts but fairly quickly you get random add ons, some make your life easier, others ruin it, but you still have to go with it until the next ones.

It's a part of the gameplay, overall I really enjoyed the game, finished it multiple times, I will confess being slightly biased as I'm a lifelong fan of twin stick shooters.

#3769 10 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's how Isaac starts but fairly quickly you get random add ons, some make your life easier, others ruin it, but you still have to go with it until the next ones.
It's a part of the gameplay, overall I really enjoyed the game, finished it multiple times, I will confess being slightly biased as I'm a lifelong fan of twin stick shooters.

I love twin stick shooters, too...but I'm used to more rapid fire.

#3770 10 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love twin stick shooters, too...but I'm used to more rapid fire.

You would have loved my run last night then. I had double tears and my fire rate was insanely fast. I was slaughtering rooms.

You gotta give it some time. Play it a few runs and see if you like it more.

I use left stick to move and the buttons on the right to fire. Something feels laggy to me about about firing from the stick. Directions dont change as fast.

#3771 10 days ago

You would have loved my run last night then. I had double tears and my fire rate was insanely fast. I was slaughtering rooms.
You gotta give it some time. Play it a few runs and see if you like it more.

Problem is that it's an expensive game that never goes on sale cheap. If it was on sale for like $3, I'd give it another chance lol

#3772 10 days ago

BoI is still one of my favorites. Problem is if I don't play all of the time I forget what the items are and have to end up looking them up which I have always found annoying. Playing on PC with mods is better since you can have a mod that tells you what stuff does.

#3773 9 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Problem is that it's an expensive game that never goes on sale cheap. If it was on sale for like $3, I'd give it another chance lol

Ya, I had to hunt it on mercari for $30. Worth it!

Quoted from Gov:

BoI is still one of my favorites. Problem is if I don't play all of the time I forget what the items are and have to end up looking them up which I have always found annoying. Playing on PC with mods is better since you can have a mod that tells you what stuff does.

I have an app that I use. I really just dont give an F most of the time and if the power up looks cool, I will grab it and learn the hard way, lol.

#3774 9 days ago

Anyone play Risk of Rain 2? It's on sale in the eShop right now. I've played the first game, which was an 8-bit 2D side scrolling rougelike, but has been changed to a 3rd person shooter in the sequel. I really enjoyed the first game, the music was great, and I'll occasionally jump back into it.

#3775 7 days ago

Just picked up a sealed odyssey down the road for $30. Pretty stoked. I love a good deal!

#3776 7 days ago

I bought and played a handful of binding of isaac but man I couldn't get into it. Hades....now that for some reason I like...

Just picked up a sealed odyssey down the road for $30. Pretty stoked. I love a good deal!

That is a great deal! 1st part stuff barely goes on sale

There are 3776 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside