q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 89.
#3651 3 years ago

Cool

#3652 3 years ago

That does look cool. Those games were always hard. Definitely never beat any of them.

1 week later
#3653 3 years ago

Nintendo ends up frustrating me a lot, but they still get my money time after time. My latest issue? I just bought Mario Maker 2 for my daughter's upcoming b-day since we saw it has Toadette on it, and she loves playing as her on NSMBU. She also loves the cat power up on SMB3DW. We saw that Toadette can get that power-up and it sealed the deal.

Yet Nintendo must think we don't actually want to pick characters for multi-player in Mario Maker 2, in spite of gracing us with that option on the other Mario games we've played. We have 3 players max at our house, and Toadette is assigned to player 4! WTF, Nintendo!? So the only way we're going to get to play as Toadette is in single player... or we have to go out of our way to put 4 players on with a stupid burner character floating in a bubble...

#3654 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Nintendo ends up frustrating me a lot, but they still get my money time after time. My latest issue? I just bought Mario Maker 2 for my daughter's upcoming b-day since we saw it has Toadette on it, and she loves playing as her on NSMBU. She also loves the cat power up on SMB3DW. We saw that Toadette can get that power-up and it sealed the deal.
Yet Nintendo must think we don't actually want to pick characters for multi-player in Mario Maker 2, in spite of gracing us with that option on the other Mario games we've played. We have 3 players max at our house, and Toadette is assigned to player 4! WTF, Nintendo!? So the only way we're going to get to play as Toadette is in single player... or we have to go out of our way to put 4 players on with a stupid burner character floating in a bubble...

That IS dumb. My girl loves toadette too.

#3655 3 years ago

They really need more character options for those games. And allow the difficulty to be adjusted on each character, rather than having that locked. I have 2 young girls and they fight over who gets to be toadette in Deluxe.

1 week later
#3656 3 years ago

nintendo direct live now

#3657 3 years ago

Skyward Sword HD! Keep 'em coming, please.

#3658 3 years ago

I was so hyped up to hear something about BotW2 that I felt the direct was pretty disappointing. I haven’t played Skyward Sword so maybe I’m underestimating that.

#3659 3 years ago

Today was a good day!

I managed to get the Mario 35th pin set even tho the website was glitching like crazy. Also scored the Mario posters & Cat Mario keychain with platinum points.

...and then that Splatoon 3 reveal?!?! I shot ink all over.

Skyward Sword is the only console Zelda I never played, so I’m hyped for the HD release!

0828220B-B004-4CE4-B240-3DA63B9E4C26.png0828220B-B004-4CE4-B240-3DA63B9E4C26.png6667A743-7ABA-4703-BE71-92711289F153.jpeg6667A743-7ABA-4703-BE71-92711289F153.jpegDE125295-DC63-4A2A-BC1B-90283651D07B.jpegDE125295-DC63-4A2A-BC1B-90283651D07B.jpeg
#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I was so hyped up to hear something about BotW2 that I felt the direct was pretty disappointing. I haven’t played Skyward Sword so maybe I’m underestimating that.

Your not it was a slog, just super uninspired. I hate the lifeless overworld that you just fly in empty space to the next objective. The empty overworld was the worst part of Wind Waker and it's even worse in Skyward Sword. They course corrected in BotW when they realized the epic overworld is what makes Zelda, well Zelda. The waggle controls are terrible, if the analog stick controls work it might be worth a play though. This whole thing that Nintendo charges full price for a decade old game is a tough pill to swallow. There is a reason Splatoon 3 was what they used to close the show and not Zelda.

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This whole thing that Nintendo charges full price for a decade old game is a tough pill to swallow

Why wouldn’t they? They value their IP & product. I mean, does Stern sell their vault games for less cuz they’re old? When an old movie comes out on Blu or UHD disc, are they $5 cuz they’re old? Nah. Why are video games re-releases expected to be cheap?

N’s games are timeless, and you have to consider many of their younger or teenage players weren’t alive when the originals came out. These are new experiences to a big part of their audience. Not all Switch players have bought the games before or have a closet full of retro games...and that being said, N’s games hold their value. Getting the old GameCube or Wii versions today will prob cost the same or more than the Switch version.

#3662 3 years ago

Despite not caring for the motion controls, I still enjoyed Skyward the first time around. Might consider giving it another go down the line if it goes on sale. I also liked Wind Waker FWIW. Really liked the cell shading graphics of WW which probably helped overcome all the rafting.

So what's up with Splatoon? Never played any but just watched a couple Youtube vids. So it's a battle mode game? Is there a good story/single player mode? I know some of my friends kids are into it, might be worth getting involved just to school them.

Also, quick grumble about Joycon drift. My pro controller loves to activate random down presses. Most of the time it's just a minor nuisance, but I'm still playing some Dead Cells, and on the higher difficulty settings one hit and you're dead. Let's just say I've come awfully close to reenacting some controller destruction akin to when my Final Fantasy on the original NES save got lost.
Saw there's class action lawsuits in several countries going on. Pretty crazy they can't figure it out.

#3663 3 years ago

I was really hoping there would be a Tony Hawk Pro Skater announcement.

#3664 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I was really hoping there would be a Tony Hawk Pro Skater announcement.

I wonder what the issue is? Due to the hack we all know they were at least trying to get it to run on Switch. I can only imagine two scenarios they have run into some technical limitations and can't get it to run properly or Nintendo is for pushing something unique like waggle controls. I don't know why but I'm holding out for a switch version.

Quoted from ectobar:

Despite not caring for the motion controls, I still enjoyed Skyward the first time around. Might consider giving it another go down the line if it goes on sale. I also liked Wind Waker FWIW. Really liked the cell shading graphics of WW which probably helped overcome all the rafting.
So what's up with Splatoon?

I'm with you on Wind Waker I loved it to and it's charm got me through the damn sailing. Skyward Sword just with the damn waggle and the flying just didn't have whatever that magically Zelda charm is.

I haven't played Splatoon but I think it's just their version of a kid friendly online shooter/battle game. I don't think it has much for offline.

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Skyward Sword HD! Keep 'em coming, please.

Ya! I never finished tp

Quoted from Darscot:

I wonder what the issue is? Due to the hack we all know they were at least trying to get it to run on Switch. I can only imagine two scenarios they have run into some technical limitations and can't get it to run properly or Nintendo is for pushing something unique like waggle controls. I don't know why but I'm holding out for a switch version.

I'm with you on Wind Waker I loved it to and it's charm got me through the damn sailing. Skyward Sword just with the damn waggle and the flying just didn't have whatever that magically Zelda charm is.
I haven't played Splatoon but I think it's just their version of a kid friendly online shooter/battle game. I don't think it has much for offline.

THPS has to be able to be done on switch, it was on GC and is a ps1 gen era game. I imagine they are having issues porting it to an arm based cpu and also updating the graphics etc, with it running smooth. Maybe we'll see it in the future if it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Zelda - I only played TP on wii, but my friend gave me skyward sword, I just haven't played it yet. Looks like they did do a lot of unique things in it that were used later on in botw. Even if the game isn't A+ you have to give them credit for making sooooo many zelda's and they aren't all copy paste and they actually try things. I should probably try wind waker as well.

Splatoon is amazing. While it may look kid friendly aka shoot ink like a super soaker, the game play is great. It has a single player, local coop/battle and online with mulitple modes. If you can find it used for a discount, totally get it! They even released DLC for #2 so it has more offline levels etc.

#3666 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

THPS has to be able to be done on switch, it was on GC and is a ps1 gen era game. I imagine they are having issues porting it to an arm based cpu and also updating the graphics etc, with it running smooth. Maybe we'll see it in the future if it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg.

We are not talking about porting the original we are talking about porting the remake, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2. It is already out on PS4 and XBox and PC. Someone already hacked the data and found images for the switch controls. These are the images they pulled out but that was back in August so something must have gone wrong.

Ef0WVP6WAAUW1pJ (resized).jpgEf0WVP6WAAUW1pJ (resized).jpgEf0uHFZXoAEWvlW (resized).jpgEf0uHFZXoAEWvlW (resized).jpg
#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

We are not talking about porting the original we are talking about porting the remake, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2. It is already out on PS4 and XBox and PC. Someone already hacked the data and found images for the switch controls. These are the images they pulled out but that was back in August so something must have gone wrong.[quoted image][quoted image]

yeah I know. BUT the ps4/xbox aren't arm based cpu's. The GC had thps 3 and maybe another and that was a risc. So if they remade them, they are dev'ed on "x86" based cpu's aka "easy". Now to port that to a restricted arm based cpu/switch? Going to take some work to optimize. It may never even happen if the dev lead time to port and optimize takes too long/too much money

#3668 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

So what's up with Splatoon? Never played any but just watched a couple Youtube vids. So it's a battle mode game? Is there a good story/single player mode? I know some of my friends kids are into it, might be worth getting involved just to school them.

Splatoon is the greatest game ever made.

-There are 2 1p story modes, one included w the game and one is a DLC Octo Expansion.

-It’s mostly an online battle game. There are multiple online modes: Turf War, Ranked & League. Ranked and League have a rotating variety of modes - Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker & Clam Blitz. All these modes have different strategies, and that’s where the endless customizable gear & weapon options come in.

-There’s also a co-op online mode called Salmon Run. You & other players take on computer controlled monsters & challenges.

Splatoon rules cuz the art direction, music, and personality are so unique. It’s a “happy” shooter....but the gameplay is just superb. Getting good at certain weapons & knowing how to handle players with other weapons is so fun, and the swimming/climbing mechanic is something I don’t think any other shooter has.

Check out some of the high ranked players on YouTube to see how bonkers things get.

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-There are 2 1p story modes, one included w the game and one is a DLC Octo Expansion.
-It’s mostly an online battle game. There are multiple online modes: Turf War, Ranked & League. Ranked and League have a rotating variety of modes - Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker & Clam Blitz. All these modes have different strategies, and that’s where the endless customizable gear & weapon options come in.
-There’s also a co-op online mode called Salmon Run. You & other players take on computer controlled monsters & challenges.
Splatoon rules cuz the art direction, music, and personality are so unique. It’s a “happy” shooter....but the gameplay is just superb. Getting good at certain weapons & knowing how to handle players with other weapons is so fun, and the swimming/climbing mechanic is something I don’t think any other shooter has.
Check out some of the high ranked players on YouTube to see how bonkers things get.

Ah man I forgot about salmon run, I do like that mode. I need to get some friends back online to play.

#3670 3 years ago

Yeah Splatoon is def Nintendo magic and so glad they are keeping the franchise alive for more people to get into it. My wife and I used to play Splatoon 1 on the Wii U when it came out. So good! The game would have been such a bigger success if the Wii U was more popular. Believe it got some traction on essentially porting it to the switch and calling it Splatoon 2. 1 & 2 are pretty much the same game. The single player story mode is weak but that's not what the game is. Its 100% online multiplayer and it is a ton of fun and original. My kiddo and my nephew love the game and its a perfect non violent shooter that has a ton of strategy in it. Turning into a squid and being able to swim faster in your own color ink is an awesome mechanic.

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Yeah Splatoon is def Nintendo magic and so glad they are keeping the franchise alive for more people to get into it. My wife and I used to play Splatoon 1 on the Wii U when it came out. So good! The game would have been such a bigger success if the Wii U was more popular. Believe it got some traction on essentially porting it to the switch and calling it Splatoon 2. 1 & 2 are pretty much the same game.

What's crazy is, I can fire up Splatoon 1 on Wii U and get instant matches. For a dead system, the passion for the game is still there & people are online playing it. However, going back to S1 after S2 - you really do notice the differences...gameplay feels much faster and intense in S2, and because there's no 2nd screen & different special attacks, it plays a lot differently. S2 has better graphics, higher resolution, and a much more refined art style and palette. Tons of new/different weapon styles, as well.

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah man I forgot about salmon run, I do like that mode. I need to get some friends back online to play.

If you haven't played in a while, they added some new levels to Salmon Run!

#3673 3 years ago

stoked for the zelda joy cons that i wont be able to buy cause scalpers will get them in seconds

#3674 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

stoked for the zelda joy cons that i wont be able to buy cause scalpers will get them in seconds

this one million%

I am glad the Mario Golf is coming out, we were cracked out on that game for a long time. looks great.
While i wasn't blown away i did think they had some interesting stuff coming out. they will get some of my money for sure.

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:stoked for the zelda joy cons that i wont be able to buy cause scalpers will get them in seconds

if BB has a preorder for them, thats what I'll be getting on. I need another pair and this is the perfect time!

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

if BB has a preorder for them, thats what I'll be getting on. I need another pair and this is the perfect time!

I don't need another pair, but I do need these.

Let's make a Pinside pact to post here if we see them go up for preorder anywhere! Down with the scalpers!

#3677 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't need another pair, but I do need these.
Let's make a Pinside pact to post here if we see them go up for preorder anywhere! Down with the scalpers!

BB is up!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-zelda-joy-con/6454021.p?skuId=6454021&irclickid=WNQR8WyUOxyLWL30RHQK3XRkUkETjCWVw07gys0&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=IGN%E2%80%8A&acampID=0&mpid=1442478

EDIT: and its sold out

#3678 3 years ago

gamestop was up like a few min ago, i got an order in but it looks to be out for now. got real lucky, sorry if youve missed so far. id refresh target now too

#3680 3 years ago

I have 4 pairs of Joy-Cons for no other reason that I like the different color combos I can do....I don't need Zelda ones...but my Windwaker themed Wii U is whispering to me..."get the Skyward Sword Joy-Cons....DOOO IT!!!!"

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have 4 pairs of Joy-Cons for no other reason that I like the different color combos I can do....I don't need Zelda ones...but my Windwaker themed Wii U is whispering to me..."get the Skyward Sword Joy-Cons....DOOO IT!!!!"

yeah i strictly got them as a collectors item. these things are gonna be expensive af on the secondary market.

#3682 3 years ago

I was excited to hear about Hades physical release and Skyward Sword as I havent played either. Splatoon 3 should be cool too but it's a long ways out!

#3683 3 years ago

I'm surprised no one talked much about the ninja gaiden collection?? that was HUGE back in the day

#3684 3 years ago

Anybody else excited for Monster Hunter Rise? I only recently started playing Monster Hunter World on the PC and have fallen in love with it. What I have played of the Rise demo, it seems like it will be just as good. Can't believe I slept on this series for so long.

#3685 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm surprised no one talked much about the ninja gaiden collection?? that was HUGE back in the day

Thanks for the heads up. I really liked those games. I wonder if I still have the patience for them..

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thanks for the heads up. I really liked those games. I wonder if I still have the patience for them..

hahah. soooooooo hard. that is all I remember it was like demon souls + bayonetta

#3687 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Yeah Splatoon is def Nintendo magic and so glad they are keeping the franchise alive for more people to get into it. My wife and I used to play Splatoon 1 on the Wii U when it came out. So good! The game would have been such a bigger success if the Wii U was more popular. Believe it got some traction on essentially porting it to the switch and calling it Splatoon 2. 1 & 2 are pretty much the same game. The single player story mode is weak but that's not what the game is. Its 100% online multiplayer and it is a ton of fun and original. My kiddo and my nephew love the game and its a perfect non violent shooter that has a ton of strategy in it. Turning into a squid and being able to swim faster in your own color ink is an awesome mechanic.

Wow...really, eh? My kid likes the ink girl and boy in mk8. Maybe I give it a try. Is it shooting guns though? Shes a lil young for that, so I may have to wait a couple years.

Another question: how has the drift on every ones joy cons been? I have heard a lot of bad things from friends. I am ok so far....

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wow...really, eh? My kid likes the ink girl and boy in mk8. Maybe I give it a try. Is it shooting guns though? Shes a lil young for that, so I may have to wait a couple years.

It's shooting like squirt ink guns, it is entirely designed for kids. Its the Mario Kart meet Mario Sunshine of shooters.

My one started to drift pretty bad, they are dirt cheap and super easy to replace. If you're experiencing drift just buy new sticks they are like $5. Rinse and repeat as needed.

#3689 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's shooting like squirt ink guns, it is entirely designed for kids. Its the Mario Kart meet Mario Sunshine of shooters.
My one started to drift pretty bad, they are dirt cheap and super easy to replace. If you're experiencing drift just buy new sticks they are like $5. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Its not necessarily that its violent. Its the running around pointing fingers and shooting things that follows that I dont care for. We will get there.

Ok, I wasnt sure the cost. I just hear of a lot of replacements. The replacements last for even less time I hear.

#3690 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:It's shooting like squirt ink guns, it is entirely designed for kids. Its the Mario Kart meet Mario Sunshine of shooters.

Yeah, mine is starting to drift when I was playing hades. I hear you can send them to nintendo for a free repair, but they may do it again. There are kits on amazon and such that my neighbor did and said it was not too bad.

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, mine is starting to drift when I was playing hades. I hear you can send them to nintendo for a free repair, but they may do it again. There are kits on amazon and such that my neighbor did and said it was not too bad.

I couldn't be bothered sending them in to Nintendo. Just grabbed a set on Amazon and it takes like 5 minutes, my set also came with an upgrade to the locks for the joycons. One of mine was pretty worn so it was nice to feel that solid click again. My wife spends more on a coffee so I don't care how long they last.

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I couldn't be bothered sending them in to Nintendo. Just grabbed a set on Amazon and it takes like 5 minutes, my set also came with an upgrade to the locks for the joycons. One of mine was pretty worn so it was nice to feel that solid click again. My wife spends more on a coffee so I don't care how long they last.

the locks on my slider buttons get stuck soooooooooo much. I think some of the joycon locks look like they wear out and just slide on/off without a lock?

#3693 3 years ago

Its not necessarily that its violent. Its the running around pointing fingers and shooting things that follows that I dont care for. We will get there.
Ok, I wasnt sure the cost. I just hear of a lot of replacements. The replacements last for even less time I hear.

You can use paint rollers & paint brushes...but the various guns are still there in the game.

I’ve never had drift & play my Switch every day. I did have an issue where my Joy-Con lock mechs wore down, so they’d slide off the system too easy...I got a repair kit & fixed them.

#3694 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hahah. soooooooo hard. that is all I remember it was like demon souls + bayonetta

I remember the gameplay, camera & difficulty of Ninja Gaiden being so horrible, I don’t even think I got through a level or two. There’s hard, and there’s annoying. Never got near the series again. Did the series ever get more playable?

#3695 3 years ago

The guns look like old school super soakers. There are also other "weapons" to use such as paint brushes, paint rollers, paint buckets and other weird things. You shoot or use your weapon to cover the entire arena that you are playing in. Whichever team has covered the most territory in their color wins. There are also other type of games that have different rules and what not. Shooting the other players is not the goal but def part of it since that makes that player respawn back to their base which allows the other team to have time to cover more area with ink. Its a blast to play.

Splatoon (resized).jpgSplatoon (resized).jpg
#3696 3 years ago

FWIW I sent a Joycon into Nintendo and had them back in a week, they replaced it entirely with a new unit. Highly recommend giving that a go if you have a backup controller handy! It's FREE.

#3697 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I remember the gameplay, camera & difficulty of Ninja Gaiden being so horrible, I don’t even think I got through a level or two. There’s hard, and there’s annoying. Never got near the series again. Did the series ever get more playable?

I mean I dont think I've played since xbox/2002, but I may of gotten the 3rd on wiiu and played for a few min. Was pretty good, but like devil may cry/bayo camera style. didn't seem too bad iirc

#3698 3 years ago

I had one joycon drift so far. Rubbed the shaft down (oh my) with alcohol, making sure some seeped down past the rubber seal. Then spun the stick in circles for a minute. Cleared it right up. I'm assuming most drift problems are just dirty contacts, but who knows. No idea if the "fix" will hold, but worth a shot. I figure nothing to lose and if it happens again, I will just replace the joystick myself. It is amazing the things working on pinball has given me the confidence to fix.

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the locks on my slider buttons get stuck soooooooooo much. I think some of the joycon locks look like they wear out and just slide on/off without a lock?

Quoted from RVApinballer:

FWIW I sent a Joycon into Nintendo and had them back in a week, they replaced it entirely with a new unit. Highly recommend giving that a go if you have a backup controller handy! It's FREE.

Yeah my amazon kit came with two metal replacement locks, my one side would slide off and it was super annoying. My Switch is from launch day I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo would fix it, they fix or replace basically anything. If its not free they do it super cheap, they really back what they sell and have shown me plenty of good will over the years.

#3700 3 years ago

Soooo TH remaster was teased on twitter, then TH commented, then nintendo posted eyes and now activision posted eyes. Probably coming to switch soon, or an announcement

15A91778-7AA7-434D-8CEF-F7A1547EB9D0 (resized).png15A91778-7AA7-434D-8CEF-F7A1547EB9D0 (resized).pngAF0E7DAA-1286-41CC-897E-4C4533DC8984 (resized).pngAF0E7DAA-1286-41CC-897E-4C4533DC8984 (resized).png
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/74?hl=rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.