q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 89.
#3601 3 years ago

I don't know how you guys are playing Fenyx, these controls are brutal and just for shits and giggles the customization screen is terrible. The mouse cursor on console just made me cringe. I can't believe someone actually thought you know how we can improve a BOTW clone, give it FPS shooter controls. Just a public service announcement if your thinking about picking this up attack is fucking R.

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The mouse cursor on console just made me cringe.

I had the same reaction to the cursor, but the controls don't bother me. R1 for sword, R2 for axe works well enough. I'm not a fan of having to hit two buttons to parry, but can deal with it. My problem is finding pink gems to upgrade armor. I'm getting crushed by certain unique opponents.

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I got the sega classics for Xmas. The only games I really remember are altered beast, sonic, vector man, shinobi, any others I should try off rhat collection? I played a bunch of random ones last night and damn I forgot how hard old games are :-p

That collection has some unfortunate emulation lag. They might be harder due to that. Almost every game on that collection is great tho - try them all!

#3604 3 years ago

If anyone is on the fence.

46837278-BDAD-4CE3-9A76-7ADB5EE1ADC9 (resized).png46837278-BDAD-4CE3-9A76-7ADB5EE1ADC9 (resized).png
#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If anyone is on the fence.
[quoted image]

Ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft. In 2 weeks it’ll be $15 lol.

1 week later
#3606 3 years ago

Just joined the club over christmas! Got the bundle with mk8. Love it! Cuphead rulz. I even got a set of joycons with a dpad as my second set. Its not perfect, but its better than pressing two buttons.

Been way into gameboy modding lately. I may start a thread on that. Any one else into it here? Switch is just another gameboy isnt it? Ha!

I think I want:
Mario&Rabbids
Mario Odyssey
Luigis Mansion

Hows the contra game?

Im sad Carcassone sucks on switch. XBOX360 still the best ever digital version.

I would like a good RTS. Like command and conquer or supreme commander/total annihilation.

IMG_2554 (resized).jpgIMG_2554 (resized).jpg
#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hows the contra game?

The new Contra is terrible. Avoid.

Contra Anniversary Collection is great, and Blazing Chrome feels like a real 16-bit style Contra game.

#3608 3 years ago

Just joined the club over christmas! Got the bundle with mk8. Love it!

it's amazing just how well that screen on the switch photographs

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's amazing just how well that screen on the switch photographs

Ya...i didnt want a big reflection of me taking the pic, lol. Oh well.

#3610 3 years ago

Hows the wheel of fortune/jeopardy game?

Trying to get the wife interested in switch.

Edit: ended up scooping mario rabbids for $15 with its case. I think thats a pretty rad deal.

Nobody played wof/jeo?

#3611 3 years ago

If they offered " Conker's bad fur day" Id order a switch today! I moved last year,and I cant find my old Nintendo 64. I'm hoping I didn't give it to the purple heart? I needed to rid of a ton of stuff,so I gave a lot of stuff to charity.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

If they offered " Conker's bad fur day" Id order a switch today! I moved last year,and I cant find my old Nintendo 64. I'm hoping I didn't give it to the purple heart? I needed to rid of a ton of stuff,so I gave a lot of stuff to charity.

If you end up having to buy them back, you'll probably find Conker's is more expensive than the N64!

I wouldn't hold my breath about it showing up on Switch, but that would be awesome.

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If you end up having to buy them back, you'll probably find Conker's is more expensive than the N64!
I wouldn't hold my breath about it showing up on Switch, but that would be awesome.

Now that Xbox exclusives are on Switch, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Rare Classics Collection, and that contains Conker.

#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Conker runs well on PC emulation. I couldn't find mine n64 either but the emulation does a great job.

#3615 3 years ago

My family has been enjoying trying to 100% Super Mario 3D world on Wii-U. My four-year-old daughter adores the game and actually does decently well on it. We always play it 3 players.

I was excited by the switch release and thought Bowser's Fury was going to be an expansion on the same game. I had been talking it up to my daughter about how we're going to get to play more levels on Bowser's Fury. I saw the gameplay trailer for it last night and am truly disappointed. It's a completely different game, and limited to 2 players, with P2 probably having a stupid support role like the hat on Mario Odyssey. I had hoped it was going to add more into the main 3D World game, and maybe give a couple new player characters and levels... it just doesn't make sense to me that their idea for an add in with a 4 player game is to make a new 2 player game.

#3616 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My family has been enjoying trying to 100% Super Mario 3D world on Wii-U. My four-year-old daughter adores the game and actually does decently well on it. We always play it 3 players.
I was excited by the switch release and thought Bowser's Fury was going to be an expansion on the same game. I had been talking it up to my daughter about how we're going to get to play more levels on Bowser's Fury. I saw the gameplay trailer for it last night and am truly disappointed. It's a completely different game, and limited to 2 players, with P2 probably having a stupid support role like the hat on Mario Odyssey. I had hoped it was going to add more into the main 3D World game, and maybe give a couple new player characters and levels... it just doesn't make sense to me that their idea for an add in with a 4 player game is to make a new 2 player game.

I felt the opposite. So excited that Bowser’s Fury is an Oddysey style adventure with the Cat Mario mechanic & play. Best of both worlds. It looks like a spectacular bonus & I can’t wait to play it!

#3617 3 years ago

It's the very classic way Nintendo works on re releases, a bonus add on somewhat related to the main game, but the game itself never changes.

And these are mostly aimed at the many Switch owners that didn't have a Wii U.
But I get the disappointment. That being said there are growing rumors for a Mario Kart 9 coming soon !

#3618 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

but the game itself never changes.

NSMB Wii-U Deluxe had new player characters. Toadette and Nabbit. I don't know for sure SMB3DW doesn't have new player characters, though.

#3619 3 years ago

NSMB Wii-U Deluxe had new player characters. Toadette and Nabbit. I don't know for sure SMB3DW doesn't have new player characters, though.

So far it’s been revealed that the game runs faster, has better camerawork, and the Captain Toad levels have been reworked to be 4p.

#3620 3 years ago

Hows the wheel of fortune/jeopardy game?
Trying to get the wife interested in switch.
Edit: ended up scooping mario rabbids for $15 with its case. I think thats a pretty rad deal.
Nobody played wof/jeo?

I own it. It’s a fun three player game. Essentially the same as all WoF/Jeopardy games with updated clues. I’ve owned these games since SNES so always kind of enjoyed them.

Side note, we sometimes play drinking Jeopardy. We drink when we don’t know the answer. So we usually drink quite a bit and have fun with it.

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far it’s been revealed that the game runs faster, has better camerawork, and the Captain Toad levels have been reworked to be 4p.

I wonder how 4p Toad is gonna work with 4 players turning the camera

#3622 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wonder how 4p Toad is gonna work with 4 players turning the camera

I’m guessing 1 player gets to control the cam.

#3623 3 years ago

This is good info, thanks. My 4 yo daughter and I have been running through mario from the nes up. We just started sunshine on a gamecube I picked up from some one on here a few months ago. I think next we move on to the galaxies and smbwii games. I think she will dig the support roles. We will see....

Quoted from SNES:

I own it. It’s a fun three player game. Essentially the same as all WoF/Jeopardy games with updated clues. I’ve owned these games since SNES so always kind of enjoyed them.
Side note, we sometimes play drinking Jeopardy. We drink when we don’t know the answer. So we usually drink quite a bit and have fun with it.

Cool, thanks! I see one locally for $15. Was hoping I could snag it for $10. My wife and I love jeopardy, and have played the older ones too! I have so many jeopardy versions on my nes and snes minis, lol.

#3624 3 years ago

How is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I know it is a gameboy remake, but is it worth playing?

#3625 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

How is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I know it is a gameboy remake, but is it worth playing?

do you like zelda? do you like insanely hard games? I used a guide but I LOVED it. it was my first time playing and beating a zelda game. I've only played botw and twilight princess.

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

For the most part, I love overhead Zeldas more than 3D Zeldas. I thought it was pretty good. For me, not as good as Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds, but a solid classic Zelda.

#3627 3 years ago

I can't wait for 3d mario world..see how my daughter does playing with me. My biggest issue these days is physical vs digital purchase... man is digital convenient but I do like knowing I own a physical game. Mmmmm I suppose a mario game is a better physical purchase if i'm worried about future "proofing"

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

"I burned through Links Awakening pretty quickly, in the end it didn't feel like a console game there is just not enough depth or content. It was a masterpiece on Gameboy, it literally changed handheld gaming at the time. 26 Years later as a full price release on Switch it kinda felt like a cash grab. Nintendo sucks me in far to often but this is firmly in the should have bought used for half price camp for me. It's a super enjoyable romp through nostalgia but at that price point, with the graphic and performance issues it is just does not compete with what you get for that same money."

Those are my thoughts from a year ago, should be easy enough to find pretty cheap now.

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I can't wait for 3d mario world..see how my daughter does playing with me. My biggest issue these days is physical vs digital purchase... man is digital convenient but I do like knowing I own a physical game. Mmmmm I suppose a mario game is a better physical purchase if i'm worried about future "proofing"

Dont get sucked in man! Nintendo is and always has been a cartridge based (or other physical media) gaming system. Plus, what value does a digital copy have in the aftermarket? I wont let them kill the value of the games I buy.

I saw Civilization for $10. Worth it? I think if I find any switch game I MIGHT like at $10 or less just buy it, right?

#3630 3 years ago

Dont get sucked in man! Nintendo is and always has been a cartridge based gaming system. Plus, what value does a digital copy have in the aftermarket? I wont let them kill the value of the games I buy.
I saw Civilization for $10. Worth it? I think if I find any switch game I MIGHT like at $10 or less just buy it, right?

I go back and forth. I’ve never sold a Mario game, so digital makes sense. Even then, sometimes I buy physical. I’m inconsistent.

#3631 3 years ago

I saw Civilization for $10.

I have it and don't play it. Civ or any sort of RTS is way better/easier on PC, so I wouldn't recommend it.

#3632 3 years ago

Dont get sucked in man! Nintendo is and always has been a cartridge based (or other physical media) gaming system. Plus, what value does a digital copy have in the aftermarket? I wont let them kill the value of the games I buy.

haha, yea, i"ll probably go physical because my daughter does like to find the game case and grab the cart for me. At some point I may get her a lite, or if they release a pro she can use my normal one.

#3633 3 years ago

Unrelated to any recent posts but I had a blast playing Demons Tilt recently, that game is pure adrenaline!

#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I got it on release day for $40 or so and only got about 10 hours of game play out if it. I hadn't played it for the Gameboy but I was hoping it'd be more like A Link to the Past. I ended up giving it to a nephew for Christmas.

In the end, it's probably worth $20-$25 for the 10 hour playthrough.

#3635 3 years ago

Happy to get this in the mail today. Switch has became my shooter system, got a tv in tate just for it and the ps4.

But when they made a new Aleste for the collection I had to grab a copy, didn’t know it came with a book.

733DF31E-E527-468C-8F56-C2672734E6E0 (resized).jpeg733DF31E-E527-468C-8F56-C2672734E6E0 (resized).jpeg
#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

haha, yea, i"ll probably go physical because my daughter does like to find the game case and grab the cart for me. At some point I may get her a lite, or if they release a pro she can use my normal one.

Well if you download the games, can you both use them on each system? Wouldnt physical games work better in this scenario too?

I dunno, but I am sticking with physical as long as I can. I got the wife to let me start displaying my old games and systems. Gamecube was always my neglected system. Any one got a Wario World they want to sell me? Never played wario. Running his series at the moment on gameboy.

#3637 3 years ago

Well if you download the games, can you both use them on each system? Wouldnt physical games work better in this scenario too?
I dunno, but I am sticking with physical as long as I can. I got the wife to let me start displaying my old games and systems. Gamecube was always my neglected system. Any one got a Wario World they want to sell me? Never played wario. Running his series at the moment on gameboy.

There is some way if you join both switches to the same account you can each play digital, IIRC, but yeah, having physical would mean I could swap games easy. man ipads/tablets have made me sooooo lazy when you can tap tap to switch games/apps.

#3638 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Happy to get this in the mail today. Switch has became my shooter system, got a tv in tate just for it and the ps4.
But when they made a new Aleste for the collection I had to grab a copy, didn’t know it came with a book.
[quoted image]

damn those games have shot up crazy. wish i woulda known about ESP Ra.De. Psi on its release date! not dropping that much coin on it now lol

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mario 3d world is my boys and I favorite co-op game ever on Wii U or any system and have the Switch version ordered but in the mean time we have a new co-op favorite emerging but its on the PS5....Sackboy A Big Adventure!

#3640 3 years ago

Make sure you’re logging into my.Nintendo.com & use your platinum points! It’s like the old Club Nintendo days again. Tons of cool physical rewards. I got my Mario Splatfest keychains in the mail today! Awesome!!!

CF460C92-DDF2-4DD4-BE26-0398412865B5.jpegCF460C92-DDF2-4DD4-BE26-0398412865B5.jpeg
#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

damn those games have shot up crazy. wish i woulda known about ESP Ra.De. Psi on its release date! not dropping that much coin on it now lol

Amazon Japan is your friend. ESP was on sale. Everywhere else was a premium even double.
Shipped Monday, and got it Tuesday. Dhl standard is nuts

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

[quoted image]

I got the ps4 Aleste box set, but only because I found it cheaper than I was seeing the switch version. The box set comes with a white special edition Game Gear Micro with some Game Gear and SMS Aleste games on it. It's a fun novelty item.

#3643 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Amazon Japan is your friend. ESP was on sale. Everywhere else was a premium even double.
Shipped Monday, and got it Tuesday. Dhl standard is nuts

wow you son of a gun, just got both those games off amazon jp, tho said it arrived feb 10-11th

#3644 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell burger time party or binding of isaac?

#3645 3 years ago

I got the ps4 Aleste box set, but only because I found it cheaper than I was seeing the switch version. The box set comes with a white special edition Game Gear Micro with some Game Gear and SMS Aleste games on it. It's a fun novelty item.

I want that game gear micro but I’m cheap AKA had other games I needed to buy

But the rumor is they might make a run of gg aleste 3 on game gear cartridges. I’ll have to double dip then.

#3646 3 years ago

New Dead Cells DLC comes out today. Looking forward to it. 2BC has absolutely been eating my lunch though. I've been mostly just rage playing it at this point. Will be nice to get some new content.

#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

New Dead Cells DLC comes out today. Looking forward to it. 2BC has absolutely been eating my lunch though. I've been mostly just rage playing it at this point. Will be nice to get some new content.

I don’t think I’ve gotten past like 3 areas...does the game have an ending? I haven’t tried any DLC cuz I can’t even get thru the main game, if that’s even possible lol

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t think I’ve gotten past like 3 areas...does the game have an ending? I haven’t tried any DLC cuz I can’t even get thru the main game, if that’s even possible lol

There is a final boss. After you beat it you can turn up the diffulty which unlocks different things and buffs the enemies. The BC I referred to is Boss Coin which is used to increase difficulty. Max is 5. I'm on BC2 which means I've beat the game at the first 2 levels. BC2 is very difficult. 3+ just seems bonkers to me at this point.

The dlcs just add some levels/weapons/bosses to mix up your journey. If you haven't beaten the game in it's base difficulty, it's probably not worth getting the DLC

#3649 3 years ago

I got through the main game. I loved it. I haven't touched it since though.

#3650 3 years ago

I need to dig back into it and play it some more. It’s awesome, but I have too many games lol...I’ve been playing the Ori games lately. Finished the first & I’m near the end of the second. Maybe I’ll jump back into Dead Cells before Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury comes out.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.