q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.
#3551 3 years ago

I dove back into Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze tonight and i just had a blast let me tell ya. Anyone who has a switch and has not played this game needs to buy it right now because its a masterpiece!

1 week later
#3552 3 years ago

PSA for dummies like me. You can adjust the screen size output to your tv.

I've been playing Hades and hadn't been able to see the icons for most of the weapons and items on the edges of the screen. I had figured out what they were but I decided to finally root though the switch settings.

Interesting note, none of the 3 tvs I've hooked it up to display properly at 100%. YMMV

#3553 3 years ago

Disable the overscan setting on your TV. If you have to shrink the Switch picture to fit the overscan, text and pixel art will now be scaled and not look as good.

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Disable the overscan setting on your TV. If you have to shrink the Switch picture to fit the overscan, text and pixel art will now be scaled and not look as good.

I have this thing where I correct people's TVs when I go to their houses. You'd be amazed at how many don't even have the correct resolution selected, nevermind the 'vivid' picture settings and so on.

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gave my settings a look and nothing like that exists. There was a 'game' setting, but all it appeared to do was make the screen a little darker. FWIW, my tv might be able to get it's drivers license at this point. Appreciate the input though. I'll definitely give the settings on my other tv a look when I hook the switch up there.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have this thing where I correct people's TVs when I go to their houses. You'd be amazed at how many don't even have the correct resolution selected, nevermind the 'vivid' picture settings and so on.

That soap opera effect that was all the rage drove me nuts. Especially when I would go to people's houses and they didn't even notice it. Seems like that gratefully isn't really a thing on newer tv's though, or maybe I just stopped paying attention.

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Oh yes...if I see that fucking smooth-o-vision bullshit on someone's TV I'm just like "REMOTE. NOW". Click click click...Fixed. lol

1 week later
#3557 3 years ago

Mario Game & Watch released today. I never saw pre-orders go live, so maybe that didn't happen in the US. I'm seeing them available at the moment on a couple of online retailers for msrp. Just based on the fact that it's late in the day and I see that I can get one on release day without having stayed up all night refreshing a page, I'm guessing there's going to be plenty of these things to go around. I hope the scalpers end up sitting on piles of these things this holiday season, while people who genuinely want one get them for msrp.

#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Mario Game & Watch released today. I never saw pre-orders go live, so maybe that didn't happen in the US. I'm seeing them available at the moment on a couple of online retailers for msrp. Just based on the fact that it's late in the day and I see that I can get one on release day without having stayed up all night refreshing a page, I'm guessing there's going to be plenty of these things to go around. I hope the scalpers end up sitting on piles of these things this holiday season, while people who genuinely want one get them for msrp.

Nintendo announced they wouldn't allow pre order on the G&W. I totally forgot it was released today and was very surprised that they were still available.
For 50$, an official limited number and given the fact that the odds to be able to launch all Nes titles on it are high, I don't understand how people didn't start a war for it.

#3559 3 years ago

the game & watch is still available for msrp on amazon.com and fortunately for the collectors (vs. the scalpers) they are limited you to 1 unit

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the game & watch is still available for msrp on amazon.com

Thanks for the heads up, just bought one for my son for Christmas. Also picked up Descenders while I was at it.

#3561 3 years ago

Anyone have or played the Dragons Lair trilogy, play like the original arcade game?

#3562 3 years ago

Is the new Zelda game out in US yet?

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is the new Zelda game out in US yet?

Nov. 20th

#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anyone have or played the Dragons Lair trilogy, play like the original arcade game?

Well, the arcade game didn’t really have gameplay. So, yes. lol

2 weeks later
#3565 3 years ago

Rare solid deal from Nintendo..

$70 for a Pro controller and Mario Odyssey (digital)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-with-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Full-Game-Download-Code/925436036

#3566 3 years ago

I bought the Witcher 3 while it is on sale. I'm really enjoying it so far

#3567 3 years ago

I'm thinking about downloading DOOM Eternal upon release to the Switch. Any feedback from those who have played it on other platforms? The previews look astounding.

#3568 3 years ago

On a PC with a 2070 card, 5.1 sound and 144hz gsync graphics, it's f'n awesome.

I couldn't even fathom playing something like it on a Switch. They'll have to dumb it down with autoaim and kill the graphic detail so it runs decently. I'd wait for reviews.

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I couldn't even fathom playing something like it on a Switch. They'll have to dumb it down with autoaim and kill the graphic detail so it runs decently. I'd wait for reviews.

Thanks, that seems like the wisest course. I imagine that within a week or two we will see reviews about how it runs on the Switch.

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm thinking about downloading DOOM Eternal upon release to the Switch. Any feedback from those who have played it on other platforms? The previews look astounding.

It’s going to be included with Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is it super different than the doom already on switch? I know it’s different but like what is different or better?

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm hoping for a strong black friday deal to pick up a switch for my family.

3 years later and still no BF deals...just crazy.

#3573 3 years ago

If anyone is a fan of Zelda BotW, Immortals: Fenyx Rising is quite fun. I’ve already put 10 hours in and am very much enjoying it. The previews really don’t do it justice. It shows like a BotW copy but after playing it feels much more unique with open-world/puzzle similarities. Some reviews say that it feels like a knock-off brand BotW, I feel this is misleading and inaccurate. I think a better comparison is something like Apple vs Microsoft. This feels like Microsoft. BotW feels like Apple. BotW is so smooth and just feels like it’s very thought out and designed for your enjoyment but only through Nintendo’s parameters. This feels more like Microsoft in that they throw options at you and you have more freedom to make it what you want it to be. Long winded comment, but summarized it’s a really fun game.

#3574 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm actually playing BOTW again right now. Such an amazing game, maybe one of my faves of all time tbh.

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

given that they are still selling like hotcakes, this really shouldn't surprise anyone

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

They had the BF Mario Kart bundle. Free $60 game isn’t nothing.

...but yeah, one part of Nintendo’s success is never devaluing their product. It’s generally always gonna be the same price, so just get it when you want it - no reason to wait.

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm actually playing BOTW again right now. Such an amazing game, maybe one of my faves of all time tbh.

Enjoy. I’ve played BotW through twice. It’s definitely my fav of all time.

#3578 3 years ago

The second time through for BOTW I really leaned in to all the exploits, it was super fun figuring them all out. You do end up super over powered though. If you want a laugh at how much you suck at BOTW watch this.

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The second time through for BOTW I really leaned in to all the exploits, it was super fun figuring them all out. You do end up super over powered though. If you want a laugh at how much you suck at BOTW watch this.

I wish I was 1/1000th this good at BoTW

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I wish I was 1/1000th this good at BoTW

Just being able to wind bomb in the over world consistently is tough. It is so worth it when you figure it out, it just completely changes the game. Shield clipping is also awesome once you figure it out. It took me forever to figure out even after watching all the tutorials on how it's done. It is amazing how these guys figure this shit out. I would love to know if Nintendo planned on the wind bomb. It is so perfect in it's physics, I guess we will have to wait and see if they leave it in part 2.

If anyone doesn't know a wind bomb is when you drop the first bomb, enter bullet time in the air with the bow, drop a second bomb at just the right angle and distance from the first bomb. You then detonate the first bomb and the shock wave knocks the second bomb into you. In bullet time the physics get all weird because time is slowed down and the impact of the second bomb is massively exaggerated and you go flying. You can use this to fly all over the map and do all kinds of crazy things.

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just being able to wind bomb in the over world consistently is tough. It is so worth it when you figure it out, it just completely changes the game. Shield clipping is also awesome once you figure it out. It took me forever to figure out even after watching all the tutorials on how it's done. It is amazing how these guys figure this shit out. I would love to know if Nintendo planned on the wind bomb. It is so perfect in it's physics, I guess we will have to wait and see if they leave it in part 2.
If anyone doesn't know a wind bomb is when you drop the first bomb, enter bullet time in the air with the bow, drop a second bomb at just the right angle and distance from the first bomb. You then detonate the first bomb and the shock wave knocks the second bomb into you. In bullet time the physics get all weird because time is slowed down and the impact of the second bomb is massively exaggerated and you go flying. You can use this to fly all over the map and do all kinds of crazy things.

I need to get back into botw...I got pretty far for not getting far into the map. But man those spider laser guys still kick by butt.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I mean. I can do a flurry rush... so I’m almost as good, right?

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I mean. I can do a flurry rush... so I’m almost as good, right?

Check out how you skip the master sword trials. You literally have to shield clip outside the game world into the memory the game is loaded in. It's super weird and creepy but you can run around and jump in and out of the levels. It's straight out of some drug fueled parallel dimension shit. Then you have to beat a Hinox by slamming him in the balls with a crate. This is completely legit and I have done it myself.

#3584 3 years ago

Transforming your Nintendo Switch into a virtual mini pinball machine is now possible thanks to two ingenious geeks who have designed in 3D printing a kind of box that will act as a pinball box and allow you to play with a screen in vertical position as on a real pinball machine for a budget of less than 100 €.

I tell you everything in this video. You will see the two products made by :
- SakuraRetromodding which is French and
- Far East Pinball which is Japanese.

#3585 3 years ago

I’m about 30 hours in to Immortals Fenyx Rising and am really enjoying it. It’s definitely scratching that ZBotW itch while we wait for the next one.

#3586 3 years ago

Among us is on switch today!!!!!

#3587 3 years ago

Does anyone know what is going on with Skater XL? Reading online it was supposed to be released last July? My son really wants it.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Does anyone know what is going on with Skater XL? Reading online it was supposed to be released last July? My son really wants it.

Even the game makers haven't given a good update. :/ Says 2020 rls, so they only have a few weeks left!

#3589 3 years ago

If any of you guys are into anime, Funimation (that just bought crunchroll) app just came to the switch.

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If any of you guys are into anime, Funimation (that just bought crunchroll) app just came to the switch.

I use my brother in laws account but haven’t caught up on my anime lately! I’ll have to load the app

#3591 3 years ago

Got my pins and Arcades in my Basement.

6ABCF56A-1D83-447B-8E4A-AAD517765EF5 (resized).jpeg6ABCF56A-1D83-447B-8E4A-AAD517765EF5 (resized).jpeg
#3592 3 years ago

Finally picked up Hades after they implemented cross saves with the PC. Love that game so much. Also picked up Dicey Dungeons which is a good little deck builder type of rouge like with dice.

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Finally picked up Hades after they implemented cross saves with the PC. Love that game so much. Also picked up Dicey Dungeons which is a good little deck builder type of rouge like with dice.

Darn what am I missing with Hades ? I keep playing it because everyone says it's so good but I still don't get it. It feels like a button masher with not much to do.

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If anyone is a fan of Zelda BotW, Immortals: Fenyx Rising is quite fun. I’ve already put 10 hours in and am very much enjoying it. The previews really don’t do it justice. It shows like a BotW copy but after playing it feels much more unique with open-world/puzzle similarities. Some reviews say that it feels like a knock-off brand BotW, I feel this is misleading and inaccurate. I think a better comparison is something like Apple vs Microsoft. This feels like Microsoft. BotW feels like Apple. BotW is so smooth and just feels like it’s very thought out and designed for your enjoyment but only through Nintendo’s parameters. This feels more like Microsoft in that they throw options at you and you have more freedom to make it what you want it to be. Long winded comment, but summarized it’s a really fun game.

10 hours in now, and it's good! I bought the PS4 version due to the free upgrade to PS5, but I'm sure it's largely the same experience. I bought this instead of Cyberpunk 2077 for obvious reasons, but that's something to save for a non-Switch thread.

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

10 hours in now, and it's good! I bought the PS4 version due to the free upgrade to PS5, but I'm sure it's largely the same experience. I bought this instead of Cyberpunk 2077 for obvious reasons, but that's something to save for a non-Switch thread.

Glad you like it! 50 hours in now for me and I’m still enjoying it as well.

#3596 3 years ago

Risk of Rain 2 is on sale in the eshop and it’s incredible.

#3597 3 years ago

I got Will of the Wisps for Christmas. I own it on PC already because I didn't want to wait and see if they were going to port it or not. Since I liked both games so much, I wanted to be able to play them on my 85" and projector. I got a PS5 as well though so it might have to wait a while.

#3598 3 years ago

Where it all started...

How I got the young one away from the switch to play this with me... I put tools in his hands and he helped me fix the machine, who knew!? Lol

0B2FD32D-8636-4C13-9A95-7DB08F63925D (resized).jpeg0B2FD32D-8636-4C13-9A95-7DB08F63925D (resized).jpeg2DD1D1AD-6C23-47FE-90C1-D2B513593197 (resized).jpeg2DD1D1AD-6C23-47FE-90C1-D2B513593197 (resized).jpeg84BC0813-5C6F-46C8-869D-3F3D0627E900 (resized).jpeg84BC0813-5C6F-46C8-869D-3F3D0627E900 (resized).jpeg
#3599 3 years ago

I bought Ori 2 and really like it.

My son wanted an Xbox One this Christmas so he has that now, but my daughter is firmly in the Switch camp. She got Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

We will all play BotW 2 when it comes out.

I ended up getting Outer Worlds for myself but on the Xbox.

The library of games is simply better on xbox, but the Switch hits it out of the park on execution, ease of use, and thoughtful design.

#3600 3 years ago

I got the sega classics for Xmas. The only games I really remember are altered beast, sonic, vector man, shinobi, any others I should try off rhat collection? I played a bunch of random ones last night and damn I forgot how hard old games are :-p

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/72?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.