q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 89.
#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've never played any of these re-released Mario titles the first time around. I didn't have any of the Nintendo systems between NES and Wii. Do they have two player cooperative mode? If not, I'll just stick with Odyssey (I do not consider playing the hat a two player option).

I believe Galaxy had 2 player but it was not good. I believe one person would just point at the screen to collect star bits.

Skip Mario 64
Skip Sunshine
DO NOT SKIP Galaxy. I said earlier in this forum that Odyssey is a better game for what it is but Galaxy hands down is my favorite game ever. It is pure Nintendo magic. Try and 100% that game. You will come out a better person. It is not easy to do. And then after Galaxy 1 get Galaxy 2. Its not better or worse but also magic. Yoshi is fantastic in that game.

#3502 3 years ago

I understand Nintendo it’s what they do. That being said if fans can do it with no budget and you have to spend money to stop it maybe you should have just done it and let people pay you for it. Nintendo just released SNES All Stars due to fan demand so not the best example of no one liked it. There is middle ground here that everybody wins.

#3503 3 years ago

I never said no one liked it, I said people prefer the original form. It was released to generate more interest in the Nintendo online service during celebration of Mario's 35th, as it has a limited availability. Is Final Fantasy 7 remake a better game with shiny graphics? Is Resident Evil? I already know where all the jump scares are, I already know in FF7 who dies and when... Its not a new experience, but given how adamant you are about this argument it isn't worth debating further.

#3504 3 years ago

I didn’t play FF7 but Resident Evil Remake was incredible. Resident Evil 2 even better and I have 3 on deck. Felt they were all a new experience.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

1) Nintendo focuses on new experiences, not updating the past games to bring them up to current graphical standards. When that was done for Super Mario 1, 2 and 3 in the SNES All Stars cart, the majority of feedback received was that players preferred the original graphics they remembered so fondly.

Occasionally they do full remakes though, such as Link's Awakening (Switch), Metroid: Return of Samus (3DS), Metroid Zero Mission (GBA).

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've never played any of these re-released Mario titles the first time around. I didn't have any of the Nintendo systems between NES and Wii. Do they have two player cooperative mode? If not, I'll just stick with Odyssey (I do not consider playing the hat a two player option).

Get "Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury" when that releases next year. It has up to 4p simultaneous gameplay. It's a great game that incorporates classic side-scrolling design with 3D movement. Combo of both Mario styles, super fun.

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I completely forgot that sunshine took advantage of the analogue triggers on the original gamecube controllers for controlling how much pressure to use when shooting the water cannon. it's kind of a shame that the switch port suffers in that regard.

Does anyone know how they're handling this on the switch? I was considering buying this, but if this game is just completely broken, maybe I'll just fire up my gamecube.

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Does anyone know how they're handling this on the switch? I was considering buying this, but if this game is just completely broken, maybe I'll just fire up my gamecube.

I'll know soon. My game is set to be delivered at any time today!

#3509 3 years ago

No analog, but the "running squirt" which was a partial press will now be ZR, while the "stop and squirt" which was the full click will now be R. Seems like a pretty good solution to me. Going to go pick mine up in an hour or so!

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'll know soon. My game is set to be delivered at any time today!

Quoted from Jediturtle:

No analog, but the "running squirt" which was a partial press will now be ZR, while the "stop and squirt" which was the full click will now be R. Seems like a pretty good solution to me. Going to go pick mine up in an hour or so!

So do you guys just like physical copies. No judgement here. It's just that I find myself going in the opposite direction. I'm always digital downloading everything.

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

So do you guys just like physical copies. No judgement here. It's just that I find myself going in the opposite direction. I'm always digital downloading everything.

I want physical so I "have" the game forever, can sell, can trade or borrow it out.
I want digital games because swapping cartridges sucks.
And so the dilemma continues..... I try to go physical with all the games I know I'll keep and digital for meh games on sale.

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

It depends on the game. In this case the physical is slightly cheaper and i have the ability to sell it for close to what I paid for it after playing through it if I choose. Its also a limited physical release. I do buy plenty of digital games but usually only if they are discounted.

My game just showed up so its time to play!

#3513 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It depends on the game. In this case the physical is slightly cheaper and i have the ability to sell it for close to what I paid for it after playing through it if I choose. Its also a limited physical release. I do buy plenty of digital games but usually only if they are discounted.
My game just showed up so its time to play!

For Nintendo I would do physical for almost everything. Because a) I don’t trust their store long term and b) the physical copies of Nintendo games tend to be worth a lot longer term. Neither of those are concerns with Xbox/PlayStation/pc, so buying digital there is ok.

#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I want physical so I "have" the game forever, can sell, can trade or borrow it out.
I want digital games because swapping cartridges sucks.
And so the dilemma continues..... I try to go physical with all the games I know I'll keep and digital for meh games on sale.

Pretty much this for me too. I've been a Nintendo kid since day one, so for me there is still something magical about ripping into a new game, putting in the cartridge, seeing the case on my shelf, etc. I have no problem with digital for indies and cheap sales, but for most bigger releases that "mean something" to me, I prefer physical. I'm the same with movies too, but have kind of dropped off with music since Apple Music is just so damn convenient and cheap.

#3515 3 years ago

I was going mostly physical until I lost a case holding about 7 or 8 games. I think I dropped it while we were moving around between locations on vacation last year. Real bummer. I can only hope that some kid found it and it made his year.

I totally understand people wanting the physical copies. Other than losing my switch games, I've been completely unable to sell off any of my old physical games whether I have digital versions of them or not.

#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I'm about to pick it up. Also, Dragon Ball Z Fighters is $9.59 today

Both are outstanding games. Hades is one of my favorite games ever and Dragon Ball Z Fighters is a great fighting game and probably the best looking fighting game I have played and I could care less about Dragonball Z.

Mario Sunshine plays great and I am enjoying it in 3D all-stars. I am not missing the analog triggers at all. The 30 fps doesn't bother me either. It looks great and controls like it always did. Haven't played the other two yet. Was never a 64 fan so I am sure I will play it at some point. Galaxy I will play after Sunshine.

#3517 3 years ago

still waiting on my copy of Mario to show up. I never played 64 & Sunshine. my friends use to love sunshine on the gamecube and everyone raves about the 64 version but that controller was a bucket of fuck. if all else fails i still have galaxy to replay.

STILL waiting for zen to release Williams Vol 6... its only been over a month now... super weird why its being delayed.

#3518 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Both are outstanding games. Hades is one of my favorite games ever and Dragon Ball Z Fighters is a great fighting game and probably the best looking fighting game I have played and I could care less about Dragonball Z.
Mario Sunshine plays great and I am enjoying it in 3D all-stars. I am not missing the analog triggers at all. The 30 fps doesn't bother me either. It looks great and controls like it always did. Haven't played the other two yet. Was never a 64 fan so I am sure I will play it at some point. Galaxy I will play after Sunshine.

Just downloaded Hades. Gonna play tonight. Played a lot of Dead Cells before it

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you like Dead Cells, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't like Hades. Enjoy

#3520 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Depends. I usually go physical for full price releases or games I'm not sure I'll want to keep long term. Sometimes I buckle and get digital so I can play it immediately (I wanted to play Mario Odyssey at 9pm Thurs instead of wait for the game to come on Friday).

With cheap indie games, I have no prob with digital, especially when they're always on sale for like 1 cent - $10.

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I love Dead Cells, and Hades is down right amazing.

#3522 3 years ago

Goose Day.

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1306571363746938881

I'm so fucking excited... my 5yr old is quite happy about it too.

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Goose Day.
https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1306571363746938881
I'm so fucking excited... my 5yr old is quite happy about it too.

I mentioned it weeks ago to my 4-year-old and she has asked about it many times since. I even drew a goose on the calendar for her.

#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I mentioned it weeks ago to my 4-year-old and she has asked about it many times since. I even drew a goose on the calendar for her.

T-shirt?

https://shop.goose.game/products/house-house-goose-shirt

2 weeks later
#3525 3 years ago

I initially criticized Mario Odyssey's multi-player, and I still think it's terrible if 2 adults were planning to play together. Playing as Cappy is just boring... unless you're a 4-year-old! It was tolerable playing MO with my daughter yesterday. The frustrating thing is that she can push a button on her controller as Cappy and make Mario jump. I have fallen off of some platforms because of that... other than the occasional unwanted jump, I've actually been able to enjoy making a bit of progress on MO while my daughter gets to feel included. It's fun that she can fling the hat even when Mario is possessing something.

So I guess my take on MO multi-player is updated. Bad for 2 adult players, good for allowing a young player into the experience.

Now maybe I can actually get some play time in on this game and finish it.

#3526 3 years ago

Thanks for the Hades recommend. I'm on travel for work and I downloaded it before I left. It's been a great way to pass the time. Just beat Meg for the first time after getting owned by her like 10 times. Fun game for sure.

So is Dead Cells similar?

#3527 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thanks for the Hades recommend. I'm on travel for work and I downloaded it before I left. It's been a great way to pass the time. Just beat Meg for the first time after getting owned by her like 10 times. Fun game for sure.

Dead Cells is just as good, and different enough that it’s completely worth owning both.

#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Dead Cells is just as good, and different enough that it’s completely worth owning both.

Agreed. Both are must owns IMO

#3529 3 years ago

I preferred Hades over Dead cells but both are good

#3530 3 years ago

I can't put down Ori and the will of wisps... What a gorgeous and amazing visuals and music... and the Platforming is Awesome... Every screen of this HUGE world is amazingly detailed and beautiful. Some of the Boss/chase scenes are difficult for me. They are challenging, and after enough attempts doable. In my book, this game is perfect.

61416901661e579ae97848e01cd9cffe (resized).jpg61416901661e579ae97848e01cd9cffe (resized).jpgss_f8ac174b7949e89fe1939a7bd2c471785dee55f0.1920x1080 (resized).jpgss_f8ac174b7949e89fe1939a7bd2c471785dee55f0.1920x1080 (resized).jpgtyler-hunter-po-screena (resized).jpgtyler-hunter-po-screena (resized).jpg
#3531 3 years ago

What is everybody's opinion on Killer Queen Black. I didn't know there was a Killer Queen game on the Switch but I loved the arcade game the one time I played it in an arcade. I got sucked in and it was a ton of fun. Is the Switch version a pretty similar experience?

#3532 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

What is everybody's opinion on Killer Queen Black. I didn't know there was a Killer Queen game on the Switch but I loved the arcade game the one time I played it in an arcade. I got sucked in and it was a ton of fun. Is the Switch version a pretty similar experience?

Picked it up for $2 during a recent sale. its fun if you have someone to play with or go online.

#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Picked it up for $2 during a recent sale. its fun if you have someone to play with or go online.

I'd probably be doing the online version since it doesn't seem like a game my wife would want to play.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

It’s only 2 bucks. Totally worth it at that price...even just to have around if you ever end up having friends over ever again.

#3535 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s only 2 bucks. Totally worth it at that price...even just to have around if you ever end up having friends over ever again.

2dollars (resized).jpg2dollars (resized).jpg
#3536 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just learning about this game here. I played the hell out of Dead Cells and now it looks like I would play the hell out of Hades too. Will be putting this in my wishlist for sure. Looks amazing.

Been spending a ton of time on my PS4 recently, catching up on titles that I've missed out on. My kids have been playing AC most of the time when they're not schooling or working...so yeah, need to "re-take" the Switch back

1 week later
#3537 3 years ago

Looking for a new switch game. Mario Odyssey , Luigi’s Mansion 3.......or something else?

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looking for a new switch game. Mario Odyssey , Luigi’s Mansion 3.......or something else?

Can’t go wrong with either of those, they are both amazing!

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't speak to LM3, but Odyssey is a staple. Lots of talk about it here, but I'd really suggest Dead Cells for something with great controls and challenging gameplay.

#3540 3 years ago

Luigi's Mansion is great fun and perfect for Halloween.

#3541 3 years ago

Hades

#3542 3 years ago

I still don't get the hype on Hades. I've been playing it again and again and again, but I find the battle system to be very basic, the ennemies not entertaining.

I'm a big fan of rogue lite games and do like the inherent repetitive aspect but I still don't get why it's been erected as the mother of all rogue likes.

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I still don't get the hype on Hades. I've been playing it again and again and again, but I find the battle system to be very basic, the ennemies not entertaining.
I'm a big fan of rogue lite games and do like the inherent repetitive aspect but I still don't get why it's been erected as the mother of all rogue likes.

What other rogues do you like? I bought but havent played Hades, but I'm really digging the genre, and I'd like to hear some other titles that might offer some variety within said genre.

I think I like how similar these games feel to the 16bit era platformers.

#3544 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. I got a pro controller last nite from Amazon and I plan to start playing my switch a little more.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for the replies guys. I got a pro controller last nite from Amazon and I plan to start playing my switch a little more.

Smart buy. I love mine.

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Smart buy. I love mine.

Agreed. Pricey, but a much better playing experience. I don't like using the stock controllers at all.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Agreed. Pricey, but a much better playing experience. I don't like using the stock controllers at all.

Hooked up the pro controller last night and it is a great great controller. Playstation is my favorite console but I gotta say the Nintendo Pro controller seems to be a much better controller than the playstation controllers. You can just tell that it is good quality and holy crap, is it true that it has a 40 hour battery life? That's amazing if true!

#3548 3 years ago

What other rogues do you like? I bought but havent played Hades, but I'm really digging the genre, and I'd like to hear some other titles that might offer some variety within said genre.
I think I like how similar these games feel to the 16bit era platformers.

My favourite is Binding of Isaac, it's a rogue that plays like a twin stick shooter, I've always been a fan of the genre since smash tv
Next is dead cells because....well it's dead cells
I also recommend Rogue Legacy, it's the classic rogue with some fun twist and a real challenge.

#3549 3 years ago

Ok quick question. I am looking at the free games in the Super Nintendo store and I see Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2. I have heard Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a remake of I'm guessing one of these two games? What is the difference between

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok quick question. I am looking at the free games in the Super Nintendo store and I see Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2. I have heard Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a remake of I'm guessing one of these two games? What is the difference between
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

DKC and DKC 2 are the snes games from the 90’s. Tropical freeze is the game from wiiu that is similar feel and gameplay but with some awesome graphics and artistic feel. You’d almost have to watch for each trailer so you can see differences.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/71?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.