q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 89.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You're right, my bad. You didn't call out xbox. I clump the ps and ms boxes together in my head as they are the juggernauts even if x1 didn't sell well.
I suppose indies are niche, but some go bonkers huge...probably a small % though.

Yeah if anyone is going to release the next Blair Witch its going to be Nintendo.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah if anyone is going to release the next Blair Witch its going to be Nintendo.

lol, not sure about nintendo, I think most indie dev teams are using platforms or code bases that allow export to all consoles...which makes sense.

#3353 3 years ago

Blasphemous is half off right now $12.49 (I think). It is a gritty 2D 'souls like' game. Really digging it so far. Really dark and cool pixel art. Pretty morbid story.

#3354 3 years ago

Anyone here play Deadly Premonition? I've been hearing about how it's a good game and a lot of thought went into it, but that it is plagued by bugs and bad mechanics, but still worth the play for the story.

#3355 3 years ago

Demons tilt is 30% off! So $13.99

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch with a July 17th release. I’ve enjoyed other PM titles; this one is definitely on my buy list.

How is this game? I enjoyed the original quite a bit, wondering if the new battle system is fun or not.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

How is this game? I enjoyed the original quite a bit, wondering if the new battle system is fun or not.

I have read a lot of user reviews and most people seem to really like it in spite of the battle system. I guess the sum of the parts is greater than the individual weaknesses of the battle system.

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If you love a romp through Nintendo land give it a go I hear it's fun, if you like RPGs I hear its completely broken and a waste of time. The early versions in this franchise nailed both hopefully they lean back that way in future.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I've played a good 4 hours on it but I'm not really excited to keep going.

The battle system is a plague, more like a mini puzzle game than battle, it gets very repetitive and since there are no XP points on any gain from the battles, I keep trying to avoid them.

Too bad though because the story is fun, the world is greatly detailed with an intimate look on Mario's world but that battle system kills it.

#3360 3 years ago

its not an rpg, there is no exp to gain in battles. battles are annoying af. graphics are pretty nice. i would say its a rent not buy 6/10

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone here play Deadly Premonition? I've been hearing about how it's a good game and a lot of thought went into it, but that it is plagued by bugs and bad mechanics, but still worth the play for the story.

I actually really enjoyed it, but I also like playing bad games from time to time. It's weird as all hell, but it has that so bad it's good thing going for it.

It is a game from 2009 or something like that, but it does have a lot of things going on and is kind of ambitious for what it does. It's a quirky and has charm throughout.

But it is not everyones cup of tea for sure.

#3362 3 years ago

Bloodstained : Ritual of the Night is down 30%. I've got a couple of hours into it. So far so good

#3363 3 years ago

apparently, LEGO is releasing super mario mini figures to go with the NES console that streets on august 1st. my local target accidentally put one out and I nabbed it. it was street dated for aug 01, but the lady at the checkout let me purchase it any way
26BF54B1-A420-45B4-AD6D-9B4A6885CFC9 (resized).jpeg26BF54B1-A420-45B4-AD6D-9B4A6885CFC9 (resized).jpeg

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

apparently, LEGO is releasing super mario mini figures to go with the NES console that streets on august 1st. my local target accidentally put one out and I nabbed it. it was street dated for aug 01, but the lady at the checkout let me purchase it any way
[quoted image]

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't even know LEGO was doing SMB. They're actually doing quite a number of sets based on various elements of levels in the game. The Mario figure, which is only available in the starter set, has animated features and reacts to jumping on things. They also have different costumes for Mario to play out having different power ups. It looks pretty interesting, and it's not at all a hard sell to get my 4-year-old daughter interested in them. I'm finally reaching the point where I can get toys I want and say they're for her.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't even know LEGO was doing SMB. They're actually doing quite a number of sets based on various elements of levels in the game. The Mario figure, which is only available in the starter set, has animated features and reacts to jumping on things. They also have different costumes for Mario to play out having different power ups. It looks pretty interesting, and it's not at all a hard sell to get my 4-year-old daughter interested in them. I'm finally reaching the point where I can get toys I want and say they're for her.

I pre ordered the base set the second it got announced. The one thing to note on all the lego sets is that they all require the base set to be playable, as it's the only one that has the Mario figure.

#3366 3 years ago

I built up a pretty fun nerf arsenal that way. The new nerf stuff is way better than when I was a kid.

#3367 3 years ago

If you want a great new and refreshing game, I strongly encourage you to play Carrion.

It's an inverted game where you play a horror movie grade monster, blob type, trying to escape a research lab by killing every humans around. The controls of the monster are incredibly smooth, the sound effects are amazing with people screaming in terror when the monster comes

It's all pixel art which adds to the somewhat 80's flavor of the game. Really a must play in my opinion.

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

If you want a great new and refreshing game, I strongly encourage you to play Carrion.
It's an inverted game where you play a horror movie grade monster, blob type, trying to escape a research lab by killing every humans around. The controls of the monster are incredibly smooth, the sound effects are amazing with people screaming in terror when the monster comes
It's all pixel art which adds to the somewhat 80's flavor of the game. Really a must play in my opinion.

You can get a physical copy off limited run games right now

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I pre ordered the base set the second it got announced. The one thing to note on all the lego sets is that they all require the base set to be playable, as it's the only one that has the Mario figure.

I was frustrated that only the base set was up for pre-order anywhere. While I did have it pre-ordered at Amazon, I decided to see what I could get in person. I ran to 2 Target stores before 9am this morning and, between the 2 stores, got most of what I was hoping to get. Pre-order canceled!

#3370 3 years ago

I was frustrated that only the base set was up for pre-order anywhere. While I did have it pre-ordered at Amazon, I decided to see what I could get in person. I ran to 2 Target stores before 9am this morning and, between the 2 stores, got most of what I was hoping to get. Pre-order canceled!

They have the sets at Target already ? I'm on my way now !

#3371 3 years ago

No luck at Target, they had it all but the base set. I got a Bowser Castle though but he will sleep in his box into Mario arrives.

I just finished Carrion, it is one of my best Indie game ever. Unlike what a lot of reviews said the maps are fairly small so I never got lost on the way, the humans that scream when the monster shows up was enough to keep me excited the whole way.

Definitely on my top list of recommended games, as often with games published by Devolver.

#3372 3 years ago

Sorry if Mario Lego is off topic, but we already started it.

My 4-year-old daughter and I love it. Hours of play to be had.

The Mario has a camera on the bottom to scan action bar codes and to generally get information about what color Mario is on. Red is fire, blue is water, green is grass and yellow is desert. Fire "harms" Mario and after long enough he gets X's on his eyes. The thing is that anything red or pink gets registered as fire, so Mario can stand on the red roof of his house or even his hat and catch on fire. My daughter thinks it's both odd and hilarious!

If I have a main disappointment, it's that you are basically required to use the Lego Mario app if you want instructions. This can be annoying, because you have to link up the Mario figure and scan a block from the set to get the instructions. I wanted to skip ahead to a specific item in one of my sets and had to go through a lot of hoops like clicking into prior steps and act like I was completing them to unlock the next step. We also moved from one tablet to another and had to "restart" on directions and scanning in sets we already built. The other reason it's frustrating is because I like to keep my daughter off of screens most of the time, so would have preferred paper instructions while we were building the sets.

I guess if I've got another area of improvement to suggest, it's that the action blocks for the specific characters (Yoshi, Toad, Toadette) all result in the same generic reactions from Mario. They could handle this with a software update, but I think Mario should end up playing sounds and animation/icon from the character in question. The bar codes for the individual characters seem to be unique, so I think it could be done, but who knows if they'll do it.

#3373 3 years ago

Dup

#3374 3 years ago

it looks like the analogue pockets sold out in record time this morning. now I have to wait an additional 9 months to receive the item that I pre-ordered after waiting 10 months from the initial announcement. these guys definitely know how to generate review (and buzz) for their company

#3375 3 years ago

Sorry if Mario Lego is off topic, but we already started it.
My 4-year-old daughter and I love it. Hours of play to be had.
The Mario has a camera on the bottom to scan action bar codes and to generally get information about what color Mario is on. Red is fire, blue is water, green is grass and yellow is desert. Fire "harms" Mario and after long enough he gets X's on his eyes. The thing is that anything red or pink gets registered as fire, so Mario can stand on the red roof of his house or even his hat and catch on fire. My daughter thinks it's both odd and hilarious!
If I have a main disappointment, it's that you are basically required to use the Lego Mario app if you want instructions. This can be annoying, because you have to link up the Mario figure and scan a block from the set to get the instructions. I wanted to skip ahead to a specific item in one of my sets and had to go through a lot of hoops like clicking into prior steps and act like I was completing them to unlock the next step. We also moved from one tablet to another and had to "restart" on directions and scanning in sets we already built. The other reason it's frustrating is because I like to keep my daughter off of screens most of the time, so would have preferred paper instructions while we were building the sets.
I guess if I've got another area of improvement to suggest, it's that the action blocks for the specific characters (Yoshi, Toad, Toadette) all result in the same generic reactions from Mario. They could handle this with a software update, but I think Mario should end up playing sounds and animation/icon from the character in question. The bar codes for the individual characters seem to be unique, so I think it could be done, but who knows if they'll do it.

I had the exact same problem with the instructions, my son was sitting next to me eager to build the set, but we had to go through the mandatory steps which is very annoying. So I found the instructions online, then realized they don't show you exemples on how to put a course together, which took us back to the mandatory waltkthough.

It makes a really fun Mario game to play, but there isn't much Lego to build in the end, that's my only complaint.

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it looks like the analogue pockets sold out in record time this morning. now I have to wait an additional 9 months to receive the item that I pre-ordered after waiting 10 months from the initial announcement. these guys definitive know how to generate review (and buzz) for their company

I have a feeling they will have more order windows up once they know they can source more of the materials & have them ready for shipping. I guess I got mine right before the sellout.

C7DA2756-BA3B-4960-A1D8-4AC25E4CE180 (resized).jpegC7DA2756-BA3B-4960-A1D8-4AC25E4CE180 (resized).jpeg
#3377 3 years ago

Missed on on the pocket. Wonder how many units they had available for order?

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Missed on on the pocket. Wonder how many units they had available for order?

I've heard that it was 5,000 systems, but don't quote me

what I don't get is how they sold out of every single item associated with the pocket. docks I could see, but charge blocks and link cables too??

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've heard that it was 5,000 systems, but don't quote me
what I don't get is how they sold out of every single item associated with the pocket. docks I could see, but charge blocks and link cables too??

“Completionist collectors” are fucking bonkers. There are people who wouldn’t be happy unless they had every official item sitting on their shelf to collect dust.

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

“Completionist collectors” are fucking bonkers. There are people who wouldn’t be happy unless they had every official item sitting on their shelf to collect dust.

so are the idiots that get their games graded. how something encased in a lucite box is worth more (and that grading is merely based on the condition of the shrink wrap is beyond me). but "hey", it people continue to pay me crazy money for brand new, sealed retro stuff, I'm not going to say 'no'

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

so are the idiots that get their games graded. how something encased in a lucite box is worth more (and that grading is merely based on the condition of the shrink wrap is beyond me). but "hey", it people continue to pay me crazy money for brand new, sealed retro stuff, I'm not going to say 'no'

I don't consider buying shrinkwrapped and/or graded games because I like to read the instructions and sometimes play using the original media.

HOWEVER, I do have a number of shrinkwrapped titles for TG-16 and other consoles that I've accumulated over the years, and have considering getting them graded just so I can sell them for more cash. Which will eventually be sunk into more non-shrinkwrapped games, or pinball machines.

#3382 3 years ago

yeah, time to sell my sealed copy of splatterhouse. show me the money!!

#3383 3 years ago

Carrion is fun but the lack of map is annoying. Keep finding dead ends. Playing it on Gamepass for PC so at least I didn’t pay for it.

#3384 3 years ago

You gotta love Nintendo, they announce Pikmin 3 for switch at $60 and quietly pull the $20 WiiU version. So if you if you actually have WiiU you get screwed and to play on Switch you have to pay triple for a 7 year old game. I was hoping to play it but I just can't justify that price point. I suspect they will do the same with the HD Zeldas those would be more tempting for me, especially Twilight.

P.S. The Sony Summer Sale has some killer titles at sweet discounts, such a massive contrast.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You gotta love Nintendo, they announce Pikmin 3 for switch at $60 and quietly pull the $20 WiiU version. So if you if you actually have WiiU you get screwed and to play on Switch you have to pay triple for a 7 year old game. I was hoping to play it but I just can't justify that price point. I suspect they will do the same with the HD Zeldas those would be more tempting for me, especially Twilight.
P.S. The Sony Summer Sale has some killer titles at sweet discounts, such a massive contrast.

I swear I have the physical for wiiu. Which is another reason I like physical game collecting even though it has begun to annoy me on switch. The trailer makes me want to play the game again but I remember getting stuck and not playing it again....hmm

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Nintendo’s ports may bug the few Wii U owners, but the truth is for most Switch customers, they didn’t have/play/experience the Wii U. For all intents and purposes, these are new games for the Switch user base.

Anyway, I got Pikmin 3 for free when they were giving free game DL’s with Mario Kart 8....I barely touched it then, so I can pass on this version. Bring on Mario 3D World Deluxe!!! I’ll rebuy that.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Carrion is fun but the lack of map is annoying. Keep finding dead ends. Playing it on Gamepass for PC so at least I didn’t pay for it.

I almost passed on it when I read about the lack of map but I'm happy I didn't. The zones are fairly small and I made sure to complete one before turning of the game because it can be easy to get lost on the way.

The other trick is to go back if you pass through 2 empty screens, it likely means you were there before.

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I swear I have the physical for wiiu. Which is another reason I like physical game collecting even though it has begun to annoy me on switch. The trailer makes me want to play the game again but I remember getting stuck and not playing it again....hmm

I remember the exact same ! I got stuck, spent days trying to find my way, gave up and never played the game again.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bring on Mario 3D World Deluxe!!! I’ll rebuy that.

Is that happening? I was wanting to show the cat suits to my daughter since we go the Lego Mario cat suit and went as far as plugging up the Wii U to turn on the tablet and confirm I still had the game installed on it.

My memory of the game is that it was super easy. Like way too easy for a Mario game, where most levels are finished in the first try.

#3390 3 years ago

Is that happening? I was wanting to show the cat suits to my daughter since we go the Lego Mario cat suit and went as far as plugging up the Wii U to turn on the tablet and confirm I still had the game installed on it.
My memory of the game is that it was super easy. Like way too easy for a Mario game, where most levels are finished in the first try.

It was soooo easy. Most of the new mario games are tho. Nothing confirmed just rumors and speculation and the fact that pretty much any good wii u game is getting ported to switch

#3391 3 years ago

3D World is really easy, but it is enjoyable for me at least. Finding all of the stars on each level is fun. I need to play Pikmin 3. I have it on my hacked WiiU, just never got around to playing it.

#3392 3 years ago

I bet you all didn't do Champions' Road on your first attempt.

#3393 3 years ago

It was heavily rumored with the 50th? Mario anniversary.

I would love a sunshine remaster or sequel. I never had my wii, wiiu or Gc out long enough to remember to just play it.

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It was heavily rumored with the 50th? Mario anniversary.
I would love a sunshine remaster or sequel. I never had my wii, wiiu or Gc out long enough to remember to just play it.

The strong rumor is that there’s going to be a Mario All-Stars 2 collection with 64, Sunshine & Galaxy 1&2 remastered.

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The strong rumor is that there’s going to be a Mario All-Stars 2 collection with 64, Sunshine & Galaxy 1&2 remastered.

That would be pretty bad ass. All of those games are fantastic.

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope so. Galaxy was a sweet series they should continue as well

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I hope so. Galaxy was a sweet series they should continue as well

IMO, all those 3D Marios are amazing & deserve the HD treatment. If they can get them all 1080p & 60fps like Mario Odyssey, I’m gonna be a happy camper.

1 week later
#3400 3 years ago

I know its not switch but figured id share.

Doing all day birthday stream in a couple hours for my streaming partner Alexs bday. 9am mountain til 11pm mountain. We have two nes hooked up to two tvs and capture cards and are gonna be doing some races on various games. Stop by and say hi if ya want! Can see some of my collection in the background of the stream

Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

IMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpgIMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/68?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.