q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 89.
#3201 3 years ago

I have no idea why I waited so long to get a flip grip. So worth 12 bucks

20200428_220533 (resized).jpg20200428_220533 (resized).jpg
#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Does anyone give out friend codes for Animal Crossing? I just started the game and want to catalog items. I guess the only helpful thing I can do is water your flowers while I'm there.

You can add me - I have a lot of random shit, let me know what ya need!

A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpegA8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg
#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I have no idea why I waited so long to get a flip grip. So worth 12 bucks[quoted image]

Looks perfect for pinball. Do you have a link for that?

#3205 3 years ago

Yep and it's great for the pinball games, except stern arcade doesn't flip the right way, at least that's what I've heard.
The fx3 and demon's tilt are great.

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Yep and it's great for the pinball games, except stern arcade doesn't flip the right way, at least that's what I've heard.
The fx3 and demon's tilt are great.

Dang! You’re right. Oh well....

FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpegFA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
#3207 3 years ago

Just picked up my first pin....It plays too!

17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just picked up my first pin....It plays too!
[quoted image]

Just like real life, you can’t stop at 1! I think I have 5 now lol

92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
#3209 3 years ago

Just got my animal crossing today!

Let my daughter help setup and name things... ohhh boy

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

I like this game room I saw on Reddit:
acmc (resized).jpgacmc (resized).jpg

Two exciting things happened for me in this first week of me playing--I saw and wished on two shooting stars last night (good for me reading up on those and how you're supposed to press A when you see them, not just snap a screenshot! Also, the only item I really wanted from Gulliver's task reward was the pyramid, which is the prize I got! I think there are 93 randomly-generated possible prizes. Now if only those balloons would drop an arcade game for me.

#3211 3 years ago

So after doing the Ori and The Blind Forest demo, I bought the game.

I'm 46 and have a lot of platformer games under my belt. Yikes, this one is hardcore on the Normal setting. I've also learned, mostly from losing in games against my son, that my reflexes are not what they used to be. That is a hindrance in this game.

But it's gorgeous looking, the musical score is outstanding, and most importantly for this type of game...the controls are extremely tight. At least if I mess up I know it's not a controls issue.

I suspect it's on the shorter side but worth the $20. Hopefully Will of the Wisps will be ported as the sequel.

#3212 3 years ago

Ori is such a good game. I would check out Hollow Knight and Celeste if you haven’t already.

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I like this game room I saw on Reddit:
[quoted image]
Two exciting things happened for me in this first week of me playing--I saw and wished on two shooting stars last night (good for me reading up on those and how you're supposed to press A when you see them, not just snap a screenshot! Also, the only item I really wanted from Gulliver's task reward was the pyramid, which is the prize I got! I think there are 93 randomly-generated possible prizes. Now if only those balloons would drop an arcade game for me.

I haven't gotten the candy cabs yet

#3214 3 years ago

Guys,

Who makes the best screen protector for the Switch Lite?
My nephew is staying with us through the pandemic and we bought him one for his birthday next week.

Thanks,
Mike

#3215 3 years ago

Bought this one for my regular switch and it's great. Maybe they have one for the lite as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#3216 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

How does one acquire such a thing? I don't have AC myself, but my girlfriend does, and she was very interested.

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

How does one acquire such a thing? I don't have AC myself, but my girlfriend does, and she was very interested.

I think you have to get X far into the game and have the house, stores etc unlocked and upgraded aka playing the game for 2-3 weeks, and then things like that are purchase or buildable.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Guys,
Who makes the best screen protector for the Switch Lite?
My nephew is staying with us through the pandemic and we bought him one for his birthday next week.
Thanks,
Mike

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Bought this one for my regular switch and it's great. Maybe they have one for the lite as well?
amazon.com link »

Thats what I got for my normal switch and would recommend. I would assume they make switch lite versions.

EDIT:
found it
https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07TCPVHTM/ref=sr_1_4

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thats what I got for my normal switch and would recommend. I would assume they make switch lite versions.
EDIT:
found it
amazon.com link »

I have the protectors linked here for my switch and switch lite. They work great and are easy to install. I also got the clear plastic holder for the switch lite because my hands are far too big for the console.

A lot of times I throw the switch lite on a stand and use a generic pro controller for gameplay.

#3220 3 years ago

I have been playing for a while and have not had the option to get one yet

#3221 3 years ago

Sometimes they fall out of trees or balloons. It’s totally random. I haven’t gotten any on my island, but my friends get them & send them to me cuz they know lol

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sometimes they fall out of trees or balloons.

And I thought shipping damage was bad!

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

EDIT:
found it
amazon.com link »

Thank you!

#3224 3 years ago

Anyone who likes Overcooked should check out Moving Out. It's a co-op game where you're a moving crew who goes to different buildings and loads up a truck. Some items require 2 people to move. There's a demo. My family is enjoying it.

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Anyone who likes Overcooked should check out Moving Out. It's a co-op game where you're a moving crew who goes to different buildings and loads up a truck. Some items require 2 people to move. There's a demo. My family is enjoying it.

There's another game that might be similar called Good Job! Basically, you're an office employee that has to perform "mundane" tasks like moving furniture, but trying to find the most creative way to do it in the quickest time, regardless of how much damage you cause. It's on my wishlist right now, but I'd like to get it down the road sometime.

#3226 3 years ago

Been loving streets of rage 4, and it plays wonderfully on the switch.

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Been loving streets of rage 4, and it plays wonderfully on the switch.

UGHHHHHHHH my LRG physical needs to ship!!! i'm sooooo excited to play this. I have countless hours of SoR2 and 3 on genesis growing up. I remember being hyped for fighting force on ps1 and I also have the final fight arcade1up. However SoR4 has coop online...soooo pumped. I just wish it was cross platform coop

#3228 3 years ago

Any interest in setting up a Pinside Turnip exchange for Animal Crossing?

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

UGHHHHHHHH my LRG physical needs to ship!!! i'm sooooo excited to play this. I have countless hours of SoR2 and 3 on genesis growing up. I remember being hyped for fighting force on ps1 and I also have the final fight arcade1up. However SoR4 has coop online...soooo pumped. I just wish it was cross platform coop

You'll feel right at home, my two buddies that lived on my street and I played the hell out of them growing up.

I still play them now lol spent so much time trying to beat 3.

Was pretty cool cause the one friend I still talk to and we both collect games. We got to play it online together, a little different than when I was 7 but fun and kind of nostalgic.

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Any interest in setting up a Pinside Turnip exchange for Animal Crossing?

I'm trending for a big spike on Friday (ET) and will definitely post here if/when that occurs.

Otherwise, https://turnips.exchange/ is pretty useful and not nearly as intimidating as it seems. As long as you're not dead set on getting the highest possible price, you can find plenty of reasonable people who ask you to tip whatever's fair.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

LRG does too many titles that should just come out normally day-and-date with digital. I didn’t have patience to wait for SOR4...and it was only $20 & wanted to support the developer & start playing! No regrets, it’s incredible.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LRG does too many titles that should just come out normally day-and-date with digital. I didn’t have patience to wait for SOR4...and it was only $20 & wanted to support the developer & start playing! No regrets, it’s incredible.

Ya was meaning to buy it on x1 but it’s just packed away while the basement remodel happens but not sure how long I can wait...

#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool! I was hoping Zen would release a Pinball Labo. That would be awesome to make a cardboard pinball cabinet for Switch!

I posted this a little while ago.. kind of cool..

https://gizmodo.com/tiny-table-turns-your-nintendo-switch-into-a-lap-friend-1842793342

#3235 3 years ago

Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch with a July 17th release. I’ve enjoyed other PM titles; this one is definitely on my buy list.

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch with a July 17th release. I’ve enjoyed other PM titles; this one is definitely on my buy list.

I played PM: The 1000 yr door on GC and loved it. This looks like more action/platformer and less RPG though?

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I played PM: The 1000 yr door on GC and loved it. This looks like more action/platformer and less RPG though?

the last two the battle system was garbage and i feel they purposefully only showed like 1.5 sec of the battle system in the trailer... they also dont reveal this game until really close to its release date. i just have a bad feeling about it, hopefully im wrong

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the last two the battle system was garbage and i feel they purposefully only showed like 1.5 sec of the battle system in the trailer... they also dont reveal this game until really close to its release date. i just have a bad feeling about it, hopefully im wrong

I didn't own a Wii or WiiU. Was there anything else between the GC and the Switch? I don't know much about any PM games since then. I really loved the aesthetic and the turned based "timing" action of the 1000 Yr Door. I usually wait for reviews to pop up before buying most games anyway.

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didn't own a Wii or WiiU. Was there anything else between the GC and the Switch? I don't know much about any PM games since then. I really loved the aesthetic and the turned based "timing" action of the 1000 Yr Door. I usually wait for reviews to pop up before buying most games anyway.

there are two for the 3ds as well that are pretty bad

#3240 3 years ago

My daughter asked if we could get Animal Crossing. After reading up on it I concluded that the game made no sense and seemed pointless.

But, whatever.

After 4 days I'm hooked on the damn thing. Daughter has her own island, as do I. My son is a resident on mine.

The designers understand well how to create a cycle of rewards in carefully measured doses.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

My daughter asked if we could Animal Crossing. After reading up on it I concluded that the game made no sense and seemed pointless.
But, whatever.
After 4 days I'm hooked on the damn thing. Daughter has her own island, as do I. My son is a resident on mine.
The designers understand well how to create a cycle of rewards in carefully measured doses.

It's exactly the oddity and the uniqueness of Animal Crossing. A game with no purpose, no story and no end that has hooked up a huge number of people.

I have to buy a second switch, my 2 kids are totally into it!

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

My daughter asked if we could Animal Crossing. After reading up on it I concluded that the game made no sense and seemed pointless.
But, whatever.

I've been playing Animal Crossing for almost 20 years. The latest Switch version is amazing. AC and Mario Odyssey are my two favorite video games.

I've collected 4 out of the 5 pinball machines for my game room!

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It's exactly the oddity and the uniqueness of Animal Crossing. A game with no purpose, no story and no end that has hooked up a huge number of people.
I have to buy a second switch, my 2 kids are totally into it!

My mother-in-law has never played a video game in her life. She basically plays Animal Crossing 24/7 now...so much that her Switch Lite died. While it’s getting repaired, she got another Switch Lite...so when she gets the other one back, she can have two islands lol

#3244 3 years ago

I've been playing this, it's really good imo. Great controls, simple concept, never played anything like it.

lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpglonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
#3245 3 years ago

A friend of mine was able to secure a Switch for me. I plan on picking it up in a week or two. I have been out of the video game fold since the Wii. Wanted to get a Switch so my family can play Mario Kart. During the quarantine my kids have really enjoyed the Mario Karts from the Snes to the Wii.

Each Joy Con is considered a controller, correct? I see the Joy Cons have reliability issues? Should I buy a few pro controllers? Screen protector?

Any recommendations for family/kid friendly games?

Thanks!

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

A friend of mine was able to secure a Switch for me. I plan on picking it up in a week or two. I have been out of the video game fold since the Wii. Wanted to get a Switch so my family can play Mario Kart. During the quarantine my kids have really enjoyed the Mario Karts from the Snes to the Wii.
Each Joy Con is considered a controller, correct? I see the Joy Cons have reliability issues? Should I buy a few pro controllers? Screen protector?
Thanks!

glass screen protector. at least 1 pro controller if you want to seriously game, or want to game docked.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Thanks!

Yes pretty much all the joy cons will have that drift issue sooner or later. Supposedly Nintendo now fixed them for free, but post virus closing they have a looping wait list.
I, like many others, ended up buying a bunch of replacement sticks on Amazon (15$ a pair) and I replace them myself. It's a bit tedious at first but I got used to it after replacing more than I hoped for.

Buying pro controllers is an option but some multiplayer games (Mario Party typically) only work with joy cons, so one way or another you should have 4 joy cons.

And yes you should also put a screen protector, the dock is tight and you will use it a lot, there's a risk of scratching the screen everytime you take it in and out of the dock.

Truth is it's a great game system but there are a lot of engineering mistakes, I'm not confident we'll still be able to play the switch in 20 years.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yes pretty much all the joy cons will have that drift issue sooner or later. Supposedly Nintendo now fixed them for free, but post virus closing they have a looping wait list.
I, like many others, ended up buying a bunch of replacement sticks on Amazon (15$ a pair) and I replace them myself. It's a bit tedious at first but I got used to it after replacing more than I hoped for.
Buying pro controllers is an option but some multiplayer games (Mario Party typically) only work with joy cons, so one way or another you should have 4 joy cons.
And yes you should also put a screen protector, the dock is tight and you will use it a lot, there's a risk of scratching the screen everytime you take it in and out of the dock.
Truth is it's a great game system but there are a lot of engineering mistakes, I'm not confident we'll still be able to play the switch in 20 years.

Your dock is tight? mm, even with my screen protector, the dock/switch seem fine. I have a 1st release unit.

I would agree on the joycons. I don't have any spare sets yet, but I never take them off my unit. The only time I remember was playing snipper clips with my wife at launch. I'll probably get another set to have lay around for party games though. OR if they finally get some cool shooter games rolling out.

The pro controller is the only way to play serious games. Using the joycons in a grip, does not do it for me. I dislike the joysticks on it.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Your dock is tight? mm, even with my screen protector, the dock/switch seem fine. I have a 1st release unit.
I would agree on the joycons. I don't have any spare sets yet, but I never take them off my unit. The only time I remember was playing snipper clips with my wife at launch. I'll probably get another set to have lay around for party games though. OR if they finally get some cool shooter games rolling out.
The pro controller is the only way to play serious games. Using the joycons in a grip, does not do it for me. I dislike the joysticks on it.

The dock is tight for the kids !

#3250 3 years ago

Thank you all!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/65?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.