2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,310 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Pinballerchef
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3E7B095B-5046-49CD-B7BB-E1FC191328D9 (resized).png
EC05D553-57EE-4EE3-8227-9EB6907BA764 (resized).png
881A0C13-CC88-45FA-85C9-3E5CB8890737 (resized).jpeg
0BE07796-4910-472F-AA9B-B2A0B6E16E6D (resized).jpeg
363E74EC-5BB7-46D8-8192-AB757994AAF2 (resized).jpeg
E046AC42-CD75-4681-94D4-84E672873883 (resized).jpeg
39A44D9A-0A01-40C9-858D-B910537BF27C (resized).jpeg
5D59B2BD-0A56-46CD-8F0A-B70A1928F903 (resized).jpeg
B5DA974C-C2D6-4C50-902F-EBE42AEA9142 (resized).jpeg
lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
acmc (resized).jpg
92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg
687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg
A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg

There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 67.
#3151 3 months ago

Any thoughts on Ori and the Blind Forest?

I downloaded the demo and like it, wasn't sure about the whole game.

#3152 3 months ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Everyone seems to love it. I haven’t heard a bad thing. Only reason I haven’t bought it is due to my backlog of similar games I really should finish first.

#3153 3 months ago

I loved it. Played through it a few different times. As soon as I know the sequel is coming to Switch, I'll play through it again in preparation.

#3154 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Freaking loved it. I didn’t beat the boss but completed all the levels. Loved the mix of 3D and side scroll. Hope they make another game or dlc, but more 3D puzzles!

I was HUGE into splatoon 1, then big when splatoon 2 dropped but haven’t played it as much recently, too many good players as switch is popular where wiiu wasn’t :-p

Did you try the ranked battles? The ranking system is much improved in Splatoon2. Skill level is fairly equal in ranked games.

#3155 3 months ago

Ok, how about Mario and Sonic Olympics? My son wanted another family game for the four of us.

And had anyone downloaded the interactive movie, kind of like Dark Mirror Bandersnatch? Just saw that last night.

My daughter has been on Fire Emblem for months and just got Pokemon Shield, son rotates between FIFA20 and NBA2K20.

We're all taking our time with Zelda. Wife doesn't really play. In quarantine, glad we have two Switches.

#3156 3 months ago

Ok, how about Mario and Sonic Olympics? My son wanted another family game for the four of us.

Download the Demo!

#3157 3 months ago

If anyone is selling a switch please PM me, thanks.

#3158 3 months ago

Just got my girlfriend a switch and we are looking for some more games to play together. The big one we have been playing is animal crossing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#3160 88 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you try the ranked battles? The ranking system is much improved in Splatoon2. Skill level is fairly equal in ranked games.

problem is I was spanked with my team being randoms and the other had to of been a clan or friend group on chat. and that was irritating as all get out. Playing against ~pro level teams with your cobbled together team succcckkkks. I'd rather play salmon run with randoms. I miss the game, I'll throw it back in.

#3161 88 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

problem is I was spanked with my team being randoms and the other had to of been a clan or friend group on chat. and that was irritating as all get out. Playing against ~pro level teams with your cobbled together team succcckkkks. I'd rather play salmon run with randoms. I miss the game, I'll throw it back in.

Every match is randomized, so there’s no way a clan is always going to be on the same team if you’re playing Turf War. That can only happen in League. I play well with ransoms. Just knowing the maps well & using “This way”, “Booyah” etc is enough communication to play well with strangers. Sometimes there are idiots or trolls...just leave the group & join another.

#3162 87 days ago

As somebody who just bought a Switch, what do you recommend I buy to go along with it? Looking for accessories and game recommendations. Thanks

#3163 87 days ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

As somebody who just bought a Switch, what do you recommend I buy to go along with it? Looking for accessories and game recommendations. Thanks

pro controller!

#3164 87 days ago

I just got a Mayflash Magic-ns and the ps4 controller seems to work quite well in Switch pro mode. It's a nice option if you've already got ps4 controllers. My wife likes using it on AC multiplayer vs a single horizontal joycon.

#3165 87 days ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I just got a Mayflash Magic-ns and the ps4 controller seems to work quite well in Switch pro mode. It's a nice option if you've already got ps4 controllers. My wife likes using it on AC multiplayer vs a single horizontal joycon.

I have the same with old PS3 controllers and they work very well. We've been using 2 PS3 controllers and 2 sets of joycons on grips and it works well enough for Smash. You'll need one per controller though, and can only fit 2 on the dock.

#3166 87 days ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I would by Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey immediately. Fortnite is free, if you’re into that sort of thing.

#3167 87 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have the same with old PS3 controllers and they work very well. We've been using 2 PS3 controllers and 2 sets of joycons on grips and it works well enough for Smash. You'll need one per controller though, and can only fit 2 on the dock.

Does it allow piggybacking the adapters for 2 of them in the dock?
Edit: I didn't notice the dock has 2 external USB ports on the left. I have my adapter in the one internal port, so I guess 3 could be plugged up with no hubs, assuming piggybacking from one adapter into another doesn't work.

PS4 controllers allow gyro movement. Not sure if motion sensing is in even in the PS3 controllers, or supported by the adapter. Also not sure how important it is. I have been using joycons exclusively up to this point and am used to shaking the controller, like in NSMB to do a jump spin or AC to switch main player. I'm still able to do the few things I'm used to with the PS4 controller, so that's a plus in my book.

If anyone gets one of these adapters for PS4 controller use with gyro support, the adapter has to be in purple Switch Pro mode and Pro controller has to be enabled in the settings menu on the Switch. I wasn't aware of that setting initially, so the purple mode wasn't working at all until I changed that.

#3168 87 days ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Does it allow piggybacking the adapters for 2 of them in the dock?
Edit: I didn't notice the dock has 2 external USB ports on the left. I have my adapter in the one internal port, so I guess 3 could be plugged up with no hubs, assuming piggybacking from one adapter into another doesn't work.
PS4 controllers allow gyro movement. Not sure if motion sensing is in even in the PS3 controllers, or supported by the adapter. Also not sure how important it is. I have been using joycons exclusively up to this point and am used to shaking the controller, like in NSMB to do a jump spin or AC to switch main player. I'm still able to do the few things I'm used to with the PS4 controller, so that's a plus in my book.
If anyone gets one of these adapters for PS4 controller use with gyro support, the adapter has to be in purple Switch Pro mode and Pro controller has to be enabled in the settings menu on the Switch. I wasn't aware of that setting initially, so the purple mode wasn't working at all until I changed that.

You can only fit one on the external USB ports as the ports are spaced too close together/the adapters are too bulky. If you used USB Male to Female extension cords, then you should be able to fit 2 standard sized plugs into the external ports and fit the adapters onto those. I do not believe the PS3 controllers offer motion sensing. If I were playing a game that used it (like Odyssey) I would use the Joycons. For games like BOTW, I prefer non-motion sensing, as I would rather aim with the analog stick, vs using both. I've not tried piggy backing, but I don't think you could.

#3169 87 days ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

BOTW, Pro controller, and hundreds of hours of your time...

#3170 87 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every match is randomized, so there’s no way a clan is always going to be on the same team if you’re playing Turf War. That can only happen in League. I play well with ransoms. Just knowing the maps well & using “This way”, “Booyah” etc is enough communication to play well with strangers. Sometimes there are idiots or trolls...just leave the group & join another.

Well at least back when, you could join multiple friends and be in a party to play

#3171 87 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

BOTW, Pro controller, and hundreds of hours of your time...

Pro controller is probably the first accessory that should be purchased. If you play handheld a lot, maybe a new grip. There are way too many games :-p most first party and tons of indie and 3rd party,

Bayonetta 1/2 if you like hack n slash
Botw
Splatoon
Mario
Luigi mansion
Mario kart

#3172 87 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well at least back when, you could join multiple friends and be in a party to play

Even from the start, if you joined friends, you weren’t guaranteed to be on the same team in Turf War. It’s randomized. If you play League, you’ll stay on the same team.

#3173 87 days ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Just got my girlfriend a switch and we are looking for some more games to play together. The big one we have been playing is animal crossing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Luigi Mansion 3, fun in coop mode and you really have to work together

And Snipperclips, simply the best coop puzzle game I have ever played. It’s inventive, challenging and really rewarding when you find your way out of each stage

#3174 87 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Luigi Mansion 3, fun in coop mode and you really have to work together
And Snipperclips, simply the best coop puzzle game I have ever played. It’s inventive, challenging and really rewarding when you find your way out of each stage

I picked up Luigis mansion 3 a while back and just forgot about it really, is it in the base game or do you have to buy the “multiplayer dlc”?

Also love snipperclips, I fear we are getting to the end of the game so might have to get the dlc on it too haha

#3175 87 days ago

I picked up Luigis mansion 3 a while back and just forgot about it really, is it in the base game or do you have to buy the “multiplayer dlc”?
Also love snipperclips, I fear we are getting to the end of the game so might have to get the dlc on it too haha

Coop is in the original game without dlc but you do have to complete the beginning of the single player to start it

#3176 86 days ago

Can you use the pro controller for just about any game? I'm thinking of just picking up one and then if the wife and I play two player, one can use the pro controller and one can use the normal control that comes with the system.

#3177 86 days ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Can you use the pro controller for just about any game? I'm thinking of just picking up one and then if the wife and I play two player, one can use the pro controller and one can use the normal control that comes with the system.

Correct. Unless it involves super movement that would need a joycon like ring fit. Otherwise it has gyro inside too

#3178 84 days ago

What about Mario party? Good with the pro controller?

#3179 84 days ago

No, I think Mario Party requires you to play with just 1 joycon, annoyingly.

#3180 84 days ago

A great alternative to the Pro controller is the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Plus. It is a fantastic controller with software to customize a lot of the buttons and even add turbo functionality. Best 3rd party controller I have ever used and has a fantastic dpad on it for Mario Maker and other 2D platformers.

amazon.com link »

#3181 84 days ago

It's funny how they made coop without even talking about it ! Once you get Gooigi (the green version of Luigi), there's a coop mode that shows up in the options in game. Should be within your first 30mn of play or so.

#3182 84 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

A great alternative to the Pro controller is the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Plus. It is a fantastic controller with software to customize a lot of the buttons and even add turbo functionality. Best 3rd party controller I have ever used and has a fantastic dpad on it for Mario Maker and other 2D platformers.
amazon.com link »

I've had an SN30 and an SN30 Pro, and I have to say the lag for me is pretty noticeable on certain games (super mario world is usually my test). I actually returned the SN30 Pro.

#3183 84 days ago

Just finished making my switch wood pinball cabinet!
4543FAC6-0455-4CD9-BBA0-485364E3FD74 (resized).jpeg65D0A195-F3B5-4D72-949F-B840C7853E53 (resized).jpeg68CC1C4D-3028-42DF-8E24-4FF480081CC5 (resized).jpeg6BFF61B7-2593-4401-85C0-C135F98E1E90 (resized).jpegF6E90297-2067-4A70-99AE-E46F4DEC49AC (resized).jpeg

#3184 84 days ago

Just finished my mini pinball cabinet

75E6454C-1867-4632-BB94-89592AF4701F (resized).jpeg8D9FF2B3-4710-4BC0-B254-E8A8DF0C7E78 (resized).jpegF5BCE18A-93B9-4C64-8CBD-6A21C4F10D3A (resized).jpeg
#3185 84 days ago

Necessity is the mother of all invention!

#3186 84 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just finished my mini pinball cabinet[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! I was hoping Zen would release a Pinball Labo. That would be awesome to make a cardboard pinball cabinet for Switch!

#3187 84 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've had an SN30 and an SN30 Pro, and I have to say the lag for me is pretty noticeable on certain games (super mario world is usually my test). I actually returned the SN30 Pro.

never noticed myself, but it is very possible I guess. I don't look for stuff like that.

#3188 79 days ago

anyone play Animal crossing with their young child? I dont have time to play AC myself everyday, but if I play with my 2.5 yr old she would get a kick out of picking up fruit etc.

#3189 79 days ago

I was looking for a new game after finishing BOTW. I didn't know that Hollow Knight was on the Switch. $15. I decided to give it a try.I always heard it was awesome. I just never got around to trying it. I've played tons of metroidvania games, but this one really stands out. Great game

#3190 79 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

anyone play Animal crossing with their young child? I dont have time to play AC myself everyday, but if I play with my 2.5 yr old she would get a kick out of picking up fruit etc.

No but my 16 yo plays it on her phone all the time.

#3191 79 days ago
Quoted from edward472:

I was looking for a new game after finishing BOTW. I didn't know that Hollow Knight was on the Switch. $15. I decided to give it a try.I always heard it was awesome. I just never got around to trying it. I've played tons of metroidvania games, but this one really stands out. Great game

Boom, Ori. Nailed it... unless you've already played it. If so, just go play it again

#3192 79 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My daughter is 4 and plays it with my wife and I, but she's old enough to have a decent grasp of the controls.

As the main player in local co-op, all other players are bound to you. If they walk too far away, or if you walk away from them, they'll pop back beside you.

However, the camera does pan over to a certain extent in the direction of another player, so it could get frustrating if you're trying to see a fish, but can't because other players are too far away in the other direction.

#3193 78 days ago
Quoted from edward472:

Hollow Knight is a BLAST! The combat is fun and frenetic, the visuals and score are top notch. I still haven't finished my run yet, and at this point, it'll be a while before I get back to it, but it's sooooo good!

#3194 78 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hollow Knight is a BLAST! The combat is fun and frenetic, the visuals and score are top notch. I still haven't finished my run yet, and at this point, it'll be a while before I get back to it, but it's sooooo good!

I put 20 something hours on it...feel like I was close to the end...but haven’t played it in 6 months or so. I want to finish it, but I know if I turn it on now, I’ll totally forget everything. That’s always a prob with Metroid style games. You have to commit to finish & not step away, or it’s really hard to come back.

#3195 77 days ago

Been playing Rayman with the wife , is really good if you haven't played it. I had in on Wii u, forgot how much fun it is.

#3196 77 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Been playing Rayman with the wife , is really good if you haven't played it. I had in on Wii u, forgot how much fun it is.

Do you also have Yooka Laylee?

#3197 77 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Rayman is great. I need to get back to it at some point.

Still completely enamored with Animal Crossing at the moment.

#3198 77 days ago
Quoted from insx:

Do you also have Yooka Laylee?

I have the newer yooka laylee but haven't opened it yet lol

#3199 74 days ago

Finished Bad Dream Coma. Creepy, moody, point/click goodness!

#3200 74 days ago

Does anyone give out friend codes for Animal Crossing? I just started the game and want to catalog items. I guess the only helpful thing I can do is water your flowers while I'm there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.50
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
bB Customs
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside