q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 89.
#3101 4 years ago

Songbird symphony is $2.99 on the eshop....simplistic, cute and light hearted pixelish rhythm game that is worthy of a look.

#3102 4 years ago

I just downloaded Invisigun Reloaded for $.99. Seems like a fun local/online multiplayer with lots of characters and pixelart graphics. It's basically a 4 player shooter where each of the characters as a unique ability, and all of you are invisible except for when you shoot your gun, walk into an obstacle or through water, bushes, snow, etc. Haven't had a chance to really dig in yet, but looks fun.

#3103 4 years ago

Did you see that Night Trap digital is only $3? Not the greatest game but the nostalgia is probably worth it for that.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/night-trap-25th-anniversary-edition-switch/

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did you see that Night Trap digital is only $3? Not the greatest game but the nostalgia is probably worth it for that.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/night-trap-25th-anniversary-edition-switch/

It’s still super fun to activate the traps and catch the bad guys, it doesn’t get old.
I just wish they kept the original movie rushes instead of getting that pixel soup, but I guess it adds to the nostalgia.

For 3$ I’d say jump on it

#3105 4 years ago

Anyone have Ring Fit Adventure? It’s selling for stupid money. I’m curious if it is a good workout option? Why are people paying 3 to 4 times the retail price?

#3106 4 years ago

I've heard good things. Its selling for so much now because everyone is stuck inside living out their own Kubrick movie.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Anyone have Ring Fit Adventure? It’s selling for stupid money. I’m curious if it is a good workout option? Why are people paying 3 to 4 times the retail price?

They didn't make too many of them, and now the update is coming out with some awesome game features, I think people want it now. Along with what deacon said, people are stuck inside and want to play.

#3108 4 years ago

Hobbypinball

I loved Guacamelee and am looking to get #2 soon. Cave Story is also a great game (though I've only played the free PC version) but not quite a metroidvania as it is more linear (but with upgrades).

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Double Switch is also $3. Thinkin’ about it. FMV games are trash, but they’re also nostalgic and funny.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

It’s a family friendly rpg that could be a solution for a home gym for kids. It’s great fun but not worth the 3x retail.

#3111 4 years ago

Thanks to whoever talked about The Touryst, I got it yesterday and I’m totally hooked up to it.
It’s challenging and relaxing, I’ve surprised myself enjoying the discovery and the slow pace. Perfect game during these times.

#3112 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Thanks to whoever talked about The Touryst, I got it yesterday and I’m totally hooked up to it.
It’s challenging and relaxing, I’ve surprised myself enjoying the discovery and the slow pace. Perfect game during these times.

Sure thing. I'm glad I saw a review of it on Beatemups YouTube channel. He raved about it, and I tend to agree with him more often than not so I figured why not give it a try. It's a shame that it's not longer, I found myself wanting to keep playing but disappointed when I noticed that I was 80% done with the game.

#3113 4 years ago

If you are looking for a fun multiplayer game with the kids, take a look at Go Vacation there are 50 sports and fun minigames, driving, skiins, roller skating you name it.

We’ve just spent 4 hours on it and back to it for breakfast tomorrow.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Happened to read this from Popular Science today:
https://www.popsci.com/story/technology/active-video-games-ring-fit-pokemon-go/

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

We have it, nobody has played it much although we enjoy it when we do. It's a fun way to exercise but it's not such a great game that it makes you exercise.

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

We have it, nobody has played it much although we enjoy it when we do. It's a fun way to exercise but it's not such a great game that it makes you exercise.

Check out the update!

Also this

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-dark-souls-being-played-with-ring-fit-advent/1100-6475690/?PostType=link&ftag=ftag%3DGSS-05-10aab8e&ServiceType=twitter&UniqueID=376FAA16-7843-11EA-AF67-EAA396E8478F&TheTime=2020-04-06T20%3A14%3A27

#3117 4 years ago

Just started to dig into Smash last night. Going through the Spirit Adventure to unlock characters. I gotta say though, playing with the analog stick is not my preference, but slowly getting used to it. I had no idea the roster would be so scant from the beginning, and oddly enough, I'm preferring the Mii Swordsman right now.

#3118 4 years ago

I bought Lumines last night to try out as it has high recommendations. At first, I hate it but after a few plays, wow, addicting!!

But I really am not very good. Any hints or tips besides the obvious? On the challenge mode (I think it is), where you are to get to lvl 100.. wow, can anyone actually do that?? I think ive gotten to level 6 and that was a struggle.

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just started to dig into Smash last night. Going through the Spirit Adventure to unlock characters. I gotta say though, playing with the analog stick is not my preference, but slowly getting used to it. I had no idea the roster would be so scant from the beginning, and oddly enough, I'm preferring the Mii Swordsman right now.

My custom Mii Swordsman is my main!!! I wanted to get good with a fan fav like Pac-Man...but for some reason I really gelled with Mii Sword lol.

I never really understood Smash all these years, but the Spirit Adventure was really fun to me & helped me learn the game. I 100%’d it!

7597B353-377E-4FFD-AC4B-3D6C7E90BEAC.jpeg7597B353-377E-4FFD-AC4B-3D6C7E90BEAC.jpeg
#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I bought Lumines last night to try out as it has high recommendations. At first, I hate it but after a few plays, wow, addicting!!
But I really am not very good. Any hints or tips besides the obvious? On the challenge mode (I think it is), where you are to get to lvl 100.. wow, can anyone actually do that?? I think ive gotten to level 6 and that was a struggle.

I think I got to 80 or 90-something. Not sure I have any tips tho. Just learn how to play fast & figure out how to make bigger blocks of the same color so they get “swept” away constantly. Just keep that screen as clutter free as possible. You’ll get into the groove eventually!

#3121 4 years ago

yeah its hard to give tips on lumines... just use the "time line" to your benefit, depending on if you want to clear the blocks before it gets to your spot or if you want to try and line em up after it passes to build up more blocks to clear. also, setting up when you can collect all the same color that are connected, you can make some good space with those pieces.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think I got to 80 or 90-something. Not sure I have any tips tho. Just learn how to play fast & figure out how to make bigger blocks of the same color so they get “swept” away constantly. Just keep that screen as clutter free as possible. You’ll get into the groove eventually!

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah its hard to give tips on lumines... just use the "time line" to your benefit, depending on if you want to clear the blocks before it gets to your spot or if you want to try and line em up after it passes to build up more blocks to clear. also, setting up when you can collect all the same color that are connected, you can make some good space with those pieces.

Thanks. I think it will just take some practice. But man, I dont think ive been addicted to a puzzle game like this in decades!

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My custom Mii Swordsman is my main!!! I wanted to get good with a fan fav like Pac-Man...but for some reason I really gelled with Mii Sword lol.
I never really understood Smash all these years, but the Spirit Adventure was really fun to me & helped me learn the game. I 100%’d it! [quoted image]

yeah, I've barely scratched the surface as far as playable characters go. I think I only have around 15-18 right now? Was expecting there to be a bit more of the roster from the get-go that I can play with my wife and kids, but playing with only 12 characters from the beginning is a little sparse.

i really like the moveset for the Mii Sword so far. His Up Special and Forward Special have saved my ass a few times lol

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

yeah, I've barely scratched the surface as far as playable characters go. I think I only have around 15-18 right now? Was expecting there to be a bit more of the roster from the get-go that I can play with my wife and kids, but playing with only 12 characters from the beginning is a little sparse.
i really like the moveset for the Mii Sword so far. His Up Special and Forward Special have saved my ass a few times lol

You can unlock them by playing any of the various modes. You don’t have to do it all in Spirit. I’ve got everyone unlocked...including DLC. It’s like 80 characters or so, and more are coming.

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can unlock them by playing any of the various modes. You don’t have to do it all in Spirit. I’ve got everyone unlocked...including DLC. It’s like 80 characters or so, and more are coming.

I need to get the DLC pass as well. It seems like it's random when "a new figher appears," as I've gotten a couple of them while exiting Spirit to the main menu. Also still not sure what the hammer and breaking the "glass" does. Seems like it's more stuff to unlock, but it's not obvious to me what they are? It also was hard for me to get used to the button configs on the joycons. Not used to the South and East buttons as my attack and the West and North buttons as jump. I might need to get GCN controllers afterall lol.

#3126 4 years ago

Is there a matrix or something to show what modes may unlock what characters? I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being some really specific things for unlocks in Melee.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Is there a matrix or something to show what modes may unlock what characters? I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being some really specific things for unlocks in Melee.

This is what I found on IGN. Looks like chugging through Classic Mode is they way to go, or do the "cheat" method that some other sites have described.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros-ultimate/How_to_Unlock_All_Characters_in_Smash_Bros._Ultimate

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I need to get the DLC pass as well. It seems like it's random when "a new figher appears," as I've gotten a couple of them while exiting Spirit to the main menu. Also still not sure what the hammer and breaking the "glass" does. Seems like it's more stuff to unlock, but it's not obvious to me what they are? It also was hard for me to get used to the button configs on the joycons. Not used to the South and East buttons as my attack and the West and North buttons as jump. I might need to get GCN controllers afterall lol.

You can remap your buttons & save it to your profile so it’s the same every time you play. Because Smash kinda plays like a platformer, I started playing much better when I changed Jump to B, attack to Y and special to X. To my brain, the stock controls are backwards.

#3129 4 years ago

The Touryst looks really cool. Love the art style.

I picked up Animal Crossing for my daughter, but I have been playing it more than her. I owned the Gamecube one back in the day and it was ok, but I am really enjoying this one. I guess I am of the age where it is nice to have a nice chill game where I can just piddle around and be creative. I need to finish Luigi's Mansion tho.

#3130 4 years ago

Animal Crossing is just good wholesome fun.

DC5BC2DB-B8E7-46D7-9A50-D68EEC243660.jpegDC5BC2DB-B8E7-46D7-9A50-D68EEC243660.jpeg34552099-138A-4F05-A5E4-363A1A9ED265.jpeg34552099-138A-4F05-A5E4-363A1A9ED265.jpegB86A78E9-6F0B-4ED2-98D0-4B0FD1A1DAE4.jpegB86A78E9-6F0B-4ED2-98D0-4B0FD1A1DAE4.jpeg3667356B-DD40-4AAE-AE43-A968DAAF55A8.jpeg3667356B-DD40-4AAE-AE43-A968DAAF55A8.jpegBD8C4E87-D547-4F6B-A0C3-70420780E5C4.jpegBD8C4E87-D547-4F6B-A0C3-70420780E5C4.jpegFB53185B-74F8-47EA-BA4E-7A199466F017.jpegFB53185B-74F8-47EA-BA4E-7A199466F017.jpeg9941489B-E0C7-4495-8C62-327BC0387005.jpeg9941489B-E0C7-4495-8C62-327BC0387005.jpeg
#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can remap your buttons & save it to your profile so it’s the same every time you play. Because Smash kinda plays like a platformer, I started playing much better when I changed Jump to B, attack to Y and special to X. To my brain, the stock controls are backwards.

I'll have to take a look at that remapping. I agree. My brain is wired for the West button to be attack and the South button to be jump for most games. Problem is, is that right now I've put in maybe 4-6 hours playing so i'm finally starting to get used to the layout even though during "panic" moments, my brain is configured correctly enough to hit jump or do a special when I need to lol

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Animal Crossing is just good wholesome fun. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've never had any interest in AC. What's your elevator pitch for this game?

#3133 4 years ago

you guys see this story lol.

you would think if this was a real plan, they would have targeted pc gaming or the more powerful consoles hah

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cooking-mama-developer-denies-rumours-it-mines-crypto

game got pulled from all retailers tho, might become a rare game.

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've never had any interest in AC. What's your elevator pitch for this game?

I never did either. It’s a game where you just do normal real life stuff & decorate your town & house. Pick weeds. Plant flowers. Talk to neighbors. Sounded like a waste of time...now that we can’t do normal real life stuff, it’s kind of the perfect game of the moment. Plus, my wife loves it.

It’s crazy though, almost everyone I know is playing it. So, it’s just fun to have people visit your island or visit theirs, run around and be stupid & get items and clothes.

It’s just relaxing and cute.

#3135 4 years ago

Can someone help me understand the interest in Luigi's Mansion 3? I bought it, but it feels so clunky and not fun. I hate the perspective and can't seem to aim correctly as I'm not able to move the camera around. I feel like I'm pointing at something but am not. I really want to give this a chance, but am not liking it at all at the moment.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I never did either. It’s a game where you just do normal real life stuff & decorate your town & house. Pick weeds. Plant flowers. Talk to neighbors. Sounded like a waste of time...now that we can’t do normal real life stuff, it’s kind of the perfect game of the moment. Plus, my wife loves it.
It’s crazy though, almost everyone I know is playing it. So, it’s just fun to have people visit your island or visit theirs, run around and be stupid & get items and clothes.
It’s just relaxing and cute.

Might be something that my wife and kids might like. My daughter would like it for sure. I play games to escape real-life things

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Might be something that my wife and kids might like. My daughter would like it for sure. I play games to escape real-life things

Take a look at Stardew Valley, too. That's $15, and my daughter and I are able to play on the same copy with the PC version (assuming you have a couple of PCs that can handle a pretty low-demand game). I think up to 4 can play in co-op.

I was going to get AC for a bit of escapism, but decided to dig into my owned games before dropping 60 on something new. I'm glad I did, we're hooked, and I much prefer the sprite 16-bit era art style.

#3138 4 years ago

someone on twitter just posted that bayonetta I, bayonetta II and cadence of hyrule: crypt of the necrodancer are free to download

links are here (you will need to log into your nintendo account)
https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta.html
https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta-2-download-code.html
https://store.nintendo.com/cadence-of-hyrule-crypt-of-the-necrodancer-featuring-the-legend-of-zelda.html

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

someone on twitter just posted that bayonetta I, bayonetta II and cadence of hyrule: crypt of the necrodancer are free to download
https://store.nintendo.com/cadence-of-hyrule-crypt-of-the-necrodancer-featuring-the-legend-of-zelda.html

wow thats awesome if true. link says down for maintenance. ill keep checking, thanks for the tip. already have cadence of hyrule but would dig the other two for free

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Can someone help me understand the interest in Luigi's Mansion 3? I bought it, but it feels so clunky and not fun. I hate the perspective and can't seem to aim correctly as I'm not able to move the camera around. I feel like I'm pointing at something but am not. I really want to give this a chance, but am not liking it at all at the moment.

I was a big fan of the original Luigi’s mansions. When #3 was released, I had to get it for me and my son (7). We lost interest after 2 days. It wasn’t as cool as I remembered or they just did a poor job on this version. It feels like they’re really reaching with the multiplayer content and DLC also. We haven’t touched it since.

Side note: my Sons favorite game right now is LEGO Jurassic world. He loves most the LEGO series’. We can’t wait for the Star Wars saga one come out at the end of the year.

Side side note: my favorite game to date has and always will be Splatoon 2. Can’t get enough of that game.

#3141 4 years ago

Update from playtonic

Owners Discount

From the 9th-19th April, if you own Yooka-Laylee on Switch, you can purchase Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for a whopping 50% off.

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Not free on my Nintendo store on the console. And the link you sent says down for maintenance.

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Update from playtonic
Owners Discount
From the 9th-19th April, if you own Yooka-Laylee on Switch, you can purchase Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for a whopping 50% off.

Yooka the Impossible Lair is really good, definitely felt more like a "Rare" game than the first Yooka game.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Looks like it was probably an error:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Side side note: my favorite game to date has and always will be Splatoon 2. Can’t get enough of that game.

SPLOON 4 LYFE!!!

Are you splatting safely?

638CAA96-4428-41FD-9FD8-C871AE8C414F.jpeg638CAA96-4428-41FD-9FD8-C871AE8C414F.jpeg
#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Yooka the Impossible Lair is really good, definitely felt more like a "Rare" game than the first Yooka game.

Freaking loved it. I didn’t beat the boss but completed all the levels. Loved the mix of 3D and side scroll. Hope they make another game or dlc, but more 3D puzzles!

Quoted from Rarehero:

SPLOON 4 LYFE!!!
Are you splatting safely?[quoted image]

I was HUGE into splatoon 1, then big when splatoon 2 dropped but haven’t played it as much recently, too many good players as switch is popular where wiiu wasn’t :-p

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was HUGE into splatoon 1, then big when splatoon 2 dropped but haven’t played it as much recently, too many good players as switch is popular where wiiu wasn’t :-p

So much has changed since launch...so many more weapons, stages, music, tweaks & balancing...

You should generally be matched with players of similar skill. If the competition bums you out, try Salmon Run - it’s a super fun cooperative online mode.

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So much has changed since launch...so many more weapons, stages, music, tweaks & balancing...
You should generally be matched with players of similar skill. If the competition bums you out, try Salmon Run - it’s a super fun cooperative online mode.

I LOVED Salmon run but never had enough friends on and the randoms are super hit or miss.

#3149 4 years ago

Only available in Japan, but that didn’t stop me!
https://gonintendo.com/uploads/file_upload/upload/72060/medium_space-invaders-invincible-collection-scan.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#3150 4 years ago

The Taito games eventually come out here too. They have some weird licensing deal with another company for US distribution.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/63?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.