q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 89.
#3051 3 years ago

So have played and enjoyed

Ori
axiom verge
mummy demastered
the messenger
shantae and pirates curse
monster boy
wonder boy
yoku's island
Gris

did not like dust elysian and also hollow knight I hit a wall. enjoyed first bit but 3rd or 4th boss I lost interest

So for options up next I have

owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story

Any suggestions from those with similar preferences as to what I should hit next?

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Ori
axiom verge
mummy demastered
the messenger
monster boy
wonder boy
yoku's island
Gris
did not like dust elysian and also hollow knight I hit a wall. enjoyed first bit but 3rd or 4th boss I lost interest
owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story
Any suggestions from those with similar preferences as to what I should hit next?

looks like you are into some indie goodness.

salt and sanctuary is really good
just started Celeste and really enjoying it
Blasphemous looks good but havent played it yet
Hallow Knight looks like it would fit into what youve liked so far

#3053 3 years ago

Ori
axiom verge
mummy demastered
the messenger
monster boy
wonder boy
yoku's island
Gris
owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story

I just played Shantae for xbox because it was free with gold and loved it. It was good enough that I plan on paying for the dlc.

#3054 3 years ago

I was really excited about Ori and the blind forest, given the great reviews and my lifelong passion for all Metroidvania games.

It got me very frustrated to the point that I ended up giving up. Too bad you can’t resell eshop games I would have been happy to get 5$ back.

My main issue is with the floaty controls, especially for the jumps that require millimeter precision control. I also found it fairly hard to make the difference between what you can do and what you can’t do yet. IMO a base component of the genre.

The odd thing is I have the same problem with the controls on Panzer Dragoon, I’m a die hard fan of the Saturn game, but same as Ori the controls are floaty and totally not fit for the amount of precision the game requires.

It makes me wonder if there are some issues with the SDK or if floaty is just a common trait of modern controls.

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

looks like you are into some indie goodness.
salt and sanctuary is really good
just started Celeste and really enjoying it
Blasphemous looks good but havent played it yet
Hallow Knight looks like it would fit into what youve liked so far

just looked up Blasphemous......d'oh! feel a purchase coming on

#3056 3 years ago

Cave story was realllly gooood.

#3057 3 years ago

Anyone play the rings of adventure work out game? If so, do you feel the work out? Looking for something for the wife and daughter to play while cooped up in the house.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone play the rings of adventure work out game? If so, do you feel the work out? Looking for something for the wife and daughter to play while cooped up in the house.

i have not but my wife really likes the just dance games

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I have it and have played a couple times. It'll get you sweating but I wouldn't expect it to be like P90X.

#3060 3 years ago

owlboy
guac 1 and 2
salt and sanctuary
shantae half genie
shovel knight
Cave story

I’ve played all of those except Salt, and enjoy every single one of them. Hard to pick a fav, but I think the Guacs are on sale right now - I always like cheaper lol

Shovel Knight is the only one that isn’t exploration based. It’s more straightforward like Mega Man or Ducktales...but still, really good.

#3061 3 years ago

Is ring fit seriously sold out forever? I can’t find it anywhere and now with the new update I want it :-p

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I played a few mini games Sunday morning, my arms were killing me after.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is ring fit seriously sold out forever? I can’t find it anywhere and now with the new update I want it :-p

Forever? It’s very popular, they’ll make more. It’s just prob gonna be a while due to the virus. You can’t find Switch systems right now either.

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It got me very frustrated to the point that I ended up giving up. Too bad you can’t resell eshop games I would have been happy to get 5$ back.

Thats exactly why im big into physical media..

#3066 3 years ago

Scroll down, read and scroll some more. Methinks you just bought their clone "sport" controller, and the actual ring fit game is not included either.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Scroll down, read and scroll some more. Methinks you just bought their clone "sport" controller, and the actual ring fit game is not included either.

Me thinks he has a Switch of the Caribbean so just needs the controller but it doesn't make sense with his physical media comment.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Me thinks he has a Switch of the Caribbean so just needs the controller but it doesn't make sense with his physical media comment.

Big into doesn't mean only into !

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was really excited about Ori and the blind forest, given the great reviews and my lifelong passion for all Metroidvania games.
My main issue is with the floaty controls, especially for the jumps that require millimeter precision control. I also found it fairly hard to make the difference between what you can do and what you can’t do yet. IMO a base component of the genre.
The odd thing is I have the same problem with the controls on Panzer Dragoon, I’m a die hard fan of the Saturn game, but same as Ori the controls are floaty and totally not fit for the amount of precision the game requires.
It makes me wonder if there are some issues with the SDK or if floaty is just a common trait of modern controls.

I really enjoyed the game. I played through it a few times going up levels in difficulty. I don't necessarily consider myself a pro level gamer by any means but I did manage to nail all the timing with a little practice. Don't get me wrong, there are sections that took numerous attempts (sometimes a frustrating amount) , like the times when you have a scrolling escape to make. I'm sorry it didn't click for you as it's a beautiful game. At least it only cost a few bucks. There are much more expensive gaming regrets in my history lol (Link's Awakening).

I was hoping the second one would release simultaneously on switch since I don't have an Xbox and I'm not really looking to play it on my PC.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ori is friggin awesome, I just finished the new one today. Also if people don't know, Robert Gagno's brother was involved in the level design

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I was hoping the second one would release simultaneously on switch since I don't have an Xbox and I'm not really looking to play it on my PC.

Ori on Switch was one more step of the new partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft. I guess Redmond is now waiting to see a Mario on Xbox ! (Or Nintendo is getting a check for 80 billion dollars)

#3072 3 years ago

Any bubble bobble fans? New one looks cool, 4 players! I’ll be downloading it this weekend to play with my son (7) “, daughter (soon to be 3), and wife. Should make for a fun family time. The original bubble bobble was one of my favorite arcade games growing up.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any bubble bobble fans? New one looks cool, 4 players! I’ll be downloading it this weekend to play with my son (7) “, daughter (soon to be 3), and wife. Should make for a fun family time. The original bubble bobble was one of my favorite arcade games growing up.

I’ve heard it sucks....check out some reviews before dropping $40 on it.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As a fan of the original, I really didn't like it. It did get a little better later on but I played it through and sold it on. The included original Bubble Bobble is perfect.

#3075 3 years ago

I've probably owned and sold 30-40 arcade games and one of the only ones I regret selling is my bubble bobble.

My physical copy of the new one is in the mail, hopefully it is fun lol

#3076 3 years ago

Just checked out some reviews on Bubble Bobble and looks exactly what I was expecting. Great for family fun, a great take of the original. Not really aimed for hardcore gamers or people that play splatoon all day (guilty). But, to play with the wife and kids - should be perfect. Unfortunately, Best buy is behind on getting us 2 new controllers so we have 4 controllers - Their ETA deliver of today just got pushed to end of next week =\

#3077 3 years ago

The Touryst is now on sale for $13.99. I took the plunge.

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The Touryst is now on sale for $13.99. I took the plunge.

F me..... well I just beat it and the only missions I didn’t complete were in the arcade. Fantastic game. Hope they make a sequel!

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

F me..... well I just beat it and the only missions I didn’t complete were in the arcade. Fantastic game. Hope they make a sequel!

What kind of game is that exactly? Is it a puzzle game?

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just checked out some reviews on Bubble Bobble and looks exactly what I was expecting. Great for family fun, a great take of the original. Not really aimed for hardcore gamers or people that play splatoon all day (guilty). But, to play with the wife and kids - should be perfect. Unfortunately, Best buy is behind on getting us 2 new controllers so we have 4 controllers - Their ETA deliver of today just got pushed to end of next week =\

I just watched a video of Bubble Bobble 4 and it looks great!

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

What kind of game is that exactly? Is it a puzzle game?

They were calling it a puzzle chill/couch zelda like game. No weapons but you do have boss fights. Cleaver puzzles and no help, so like an old school zelda.

I'm trying to see how many hours I played it, but can't see it on the switch because I just played and it said I played 4 days ago or whatever instead of hrs played.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They were calling it a puzzle chill/couch zelda like game. No weapons but you do have boss fights. Cleaver puzzles and no help, so like an old school zelda.

I'm trying to see how many hours I played it, but can't see it on the switch because I just played and it said I played 4 days ago or whatever instead of hrs played.

Very interesting. Might have to pick this up.

#3083 3 years ago

So my wife isnt into games much but has always liked simple puzzle games like Tetris. The problem I see is a lot of these games are head to head with other players or the computer. She doesnt like that. She likes original Tetris and similar. Been looking for something like that to get her.

Anyone have any suggestions? I saw Lumines but wasnt sure if any others..

#3084 3 years ago

We just bought Box Align and Watermelon Party for wife/kids. They still might be on sale.

Quoted from Gamer85:

So my wife isnt into games much but has always liked simple puzzle games like Tetris. The problem I see is a lot of these games are head to head with other players or the computer. She doesnt like that. She likes original Tetris and similar. Been looking for something like that to get her.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We just bought Box Align and Watermelon Party for wife/kids. They still might be on sale.

Ill check em out. Thanks.

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Lumines!

you may still be able to get the limited run games physical version from best buy

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lumines!
you may still be able to get the limited run games physical version from best buy

Ill look into that. Thanks!

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Showed my wife a video of Box Align and she got excited! haha. Its $0.19 on the eshop. Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.

#3089 3 years ago

I have another question maybe you guys can help with. I have a couple of games, such as Puzzle Bobble and this Photo Hunt game and they will not save high scores. Any way to have it save them?

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Check out Tumblestone.

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Showed my wife a video of Box Align and she got excited! haha. Its $0.19 on the eshop. Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.

It's a pretty neat game. Simple to understand, but very chill and puzzle-like. I've only started working through a couple of the simple levels, but wanted to save the rest for my wife when it started to require a bit more thinking. And at $.20, you can't go wrong. Watermelon party was like 3 cents or something. Haven't played with the fam yet, but looks like it's right up our alley with a 4 and 6 yr old.

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Tetris 99 has a single player mode, but you have to pay for it.

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tetris 99 has a single player mode, but you have to pay for it.

Oh really? I wasnt aware that it had a single player mode. Thanks.

#3094 3 years ago

Mmmmm

#3095 3 years ago

didn't read this whole thread, but I'm hoping for some advice -

I have a switch (my son's really) and my buddy (also a fellow pinsider) has all the consoles.

What's a good game for me and my bud to play together?

I know you probably need more info for a recco but let's leave it wide open and see what comes back!

I'll just note I've been playing games since i was like 5 starting with the atari 2600 so, not a n00b.

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I have a switch (my son's really) and my buddy (also a fellow pinsider) has all the consoles.
I know you probably need more info for a recco but let's leave it wide open and see what comes back!
I'll just note I've been playing games since i was like 5 starting with the atari 2600 so, not a n00b.

Diablo 3 would be a fun one to play with friends.

#3097 3 years ago

I also like Mario Party. essentially a board game with mini games.

#3098 3 years ago

I'm not time skipping or cheating or anything on Animal Crossing. I've been playing it almost daily with my family and we're enjoying the experience.

I had just paid off my house and bought the next upgrade to make it larger. The next day I did a mystery island and ended up on Tarantula Island, and filled my upgraded inventory with them and got way more money than needed to pay off my brand new loan...

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Mario Party, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, Unraveled, Mario Kart, Smash, and on and on...

#3100 3 years ago

Overwatch is another option. I don't know what the performance is like on the switch, but that game had some staying power with my friends.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.