q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 89.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but here goes:
I have 2 Switch systems and 1 physical copy of Zelda BTW. In order to both play at the same time, I'll need to purchase another copy.
Correct?
All of the other games I've purchased were digital, and can play separate games on both at same time.
Thanks.

Game saves are on the system, not the cartridge. You can use the physical Zelda on multiple systems, and each will have their own saves.

You can even use it on a single system and have multiple saves for different user accounts.

You can’t actually play literally at the same time, if that’s what you meant. You’d need 2 carts for that.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

ill have to check it out, havent seen it before but i do love turn based strategy games!

Slay the Spire is a good one

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Game saves are on the system, not the cartridge. You can use the physical Zelda on multiple systems, and each will have their own saves.
You can even use it on a single system and have multiple saves for different user accounts.
You can’t actually play literally at the same time, if that’s what you meant. You’d need 2 carts for that.

Thanks.
Yeah, we want to play pretty much during the same hours that we share free time. I've tried to remain happy playing other games, but it's killing me to watch so I bought another cart last night. Feels kinda stupid, but it's Zelda.

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Slay the Spire is a good one

I’ve been playing this on my PC. Not sure how much I like it. It’s good less grinding than Darkest Dungeon but much less of options. It’s very much limited scope.

I’d recommend Darkest Dungeon if anyone wants a long intricate game.

#2905 4 years ago

this game is on sale for 99c

not sure if anyone has tried it?

Dead Dungeon

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dead-dungeon-switch/

#2906 4 years ago

Finally got the Labo Blaster done with my son.

The alien blasting game is really neat. Maybe not high replay, but pretty cool.

Also the videos that are on the Labo virtual viewer? A little freaky...

#2907 4 years ago

How are the different labo kits? Durability and replay value? My son is wanting one suddenly for his birthday

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How are the different labo kits? Durability and replay value? My son is wanting one suddenly for his birthday

For just cardboard, with no tape or glue, surprisingly durable. Granted, you can't abuse them. My hat is off to the designers for their remarkable origami skills. The clever assembly and integration with the Switch is impressive. For $30, you get a few hours of well guided assembly and some cute mini games. I endorse it.

#2909 4 years ago

pre-orders are up for the new animal crossing new horizons bundle on bestbuy.com and target.com
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-animal-crossing/6401728.p?skuId=6401728
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizon-special-edition/-/A-79494599
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (resized).jpgnintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (resized).jpg
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (2) (resized).jpgnintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (2) (resized).jpg
nintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (3) (resized).jpgnintendo switch - animal crossing aloha edition (3) (resized).jpg

additionally, target is offering an AC journal with a pre-order of the game title
https://www.target.com/p/animal-crossing-new-horizons-8211-nintendo-switch-journal-bundle/-/A-76780148
animal crossing w- journal (resized).jpganimal crossing w- journal (resized).jpg

#2910 4 years ago

I like fishing games, switch games, and weird games. This is gonna be great.

20200131_170902 (resized).jpg20200131_170902 (resized).jpg
#2911 4 years ago

Anybody playing the new dark crystal tactical game? I want to check it out but not finding enough reviews yet. Would like to check out grand guild when that comes out too.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Anybody playing the new dark crystal tactical game? I want to check it out but not finding enough reviews yet. Would like to check out grand guild when that comes out too.

the ign review made it sound pretty bland

#2913 4 years ago

Prob wait for grand guild then. I miss FFT. Mario + rabbits was really fun but way to short.

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the ign review made it sound pretty bland

really? It looked cool. the Tree House gameplay of it was pretty neat. I think they are trying to cater to a greater audience than hardcore rpg people. The employee I have that is really huge into FE says it looked good and she'd try it.

EDIT: I have not seen any reviews!

#2915 4 years ago

My discovery of the day : Golf Story. It’s a fun golf game blended with some rpg elements that reminded me of Mario Golf but with a more adult approach to the storyline.
The golf parts are well put with a lot of technique ingredients and still relying on the good old time press for power and precision.

#2916 4 years ago

(dark crystal) Maybe I'll try it, it's only $20. I loved the movie as a kid but have yet to watch it on netflix. Maybe I'll start it tonight. May give me motivation to play the game. I heard golf story was cool. I've been playing stardew valley. There's a lot to do but it gets repetitive. I'm at over 80 hrs into it and although it's been fun im almost done and looking for my next game

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

EDIT: I have not seen any reviews!

this review came out 3 days ago
https://www.ign.com/videos/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-review

#2918 4 years ago

Slay the spire is a neat game that has already consumed hours of my time

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My discovery of the day : Golf Story. It’s a fun golf game blended with some rpg elements that reminded me of Mario Golf but with a more adult approach to the storyline.
The golf parts are well put with a lot of technique ingredients and still relying on the good old time press for power and precision.

Will have to check this out. I always liked a good (not too serious) golf game. Anyone remember Hot Shots Golf? One of my favorites.

#2920 4 years ago

Golf Story is in the style of the Camelot GBA Mario Golf, it an retro RPG style golf game. Its really good as I thought the Camelot game was incredible, its on my all time list.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Will have to check this out. I always liked a good (not too serious) golf game. Anyone remember Hot Shots Golf? One of my favorites.

This is not Hot Shots Golf, much more RPG than arcade golf. Still, it is a really good game. I don't like RPGs and I enjoyed this. Physical copies are still available at Best Buy.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

This is not Hot Shots Golf, much more RPG than arcade golf. Still, it is a really good game. I don't like RPGs and I enjoyed this. Physical copies are still available at Best Buy.

Yeah, after looking at some videos of it, it is definitely more RPG than golf. Which is good because I like RPGs more anyways so win-win for me!

#2923 4 years ago

The golf part of the game is basically the battle system. It's very well done.

#2924 4 years ago

Decided to try golf story as so many people had good things to say. Glad I did. Loving it!

1 week later
#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pre-orders are up for the new animal crossing new horizons bundle on bestbuy.com and target.com
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-animal-crossing/6401728.p?skuId=6401728
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizon-special-edition/-/A-79494599
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
additionally, target is offering an AC journal with a pre-order of the game title
https://www.target.com/p/animal-crossing-new-horizons-8211-nintendo-switch-journal-bundle/-/A-76780148
[quoted image]

Got ours on order! Can’t wait for 3/20! Nintendo Direct that dropped made our day!

2 weeks later
#2926 4 years ago

the AC switch system that I ordered from best buy is available for pickup today. I just need to finish my day at the office and then it will be in my grubby little mitts

the AC case that I ordered from walmart is ready for pickup as well. both sides of the case being released in japan is a different color (white/green and green/blue), I'm not sure if ours is the same.

edit:
yup, it's the same dual color/different colors on both sides as the japanese case

#2927 4 years ago

One week out from AC! Ready the shovels!

#2928 4 years ago

I’ve booked a flight for Friday with Nook INC! Let’s go!

C896CDE6-9A32-4FC0-B451-6C014A0007C2 (resized).jpegC896CDE6-9A32-4FC0-B451-6C014A0007C2 (resized).jpeg
#2929 4 years ago

I took friday off to spend the day relaxing on my new island paradise

#2930 4 years ago

What’s a list of good online multiplayer games?

Mario kart of course...I feel they dropped the ball on Mario party online.

#2932 3 years ago

ya but how will I get DOOM or animal crossing?

#2933 3 years ago

AC is superb! Awesome details, great gameplay, highly recommend!

#2935 3 years ago

animal crossing

although it could also be assassins creed but since animal crossing was released yesterday, i am going to go with that.

#2936 3 years ago

Street of Rage 4 is on preorder on Limited Run Games:
https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-65-streets-of-rage-4

StreetsOfRage4_Switch_1512x (resized).pngStreetsOfRage4_Switch_1512x (resized).png
#2937 3 years ago

Oh yea, I ordered this some days ago

#2938 3 years ago

Anyone else playing couch co-op on AC?

It's been fun playing with my wife and 4-year-old, but seems pretty poorly implemented. I'm the primary player, and it's like my wife is locked out of achieving the same things, like she doesn't get the same essential DIY recipes that I've gotten when she's the leader, so we have to do stupid swapping around so I can create an axe that she can't make because Tom Nook doesn't seem to be giving her the recipe like he did for me... I don't understand why we can't share recipes like the NPCs seem to be able to do. Overall it doesn't feel like we're necessarily cooperating towards the same goals, only towards the leader's goals. I guess it doest appear as if we're cooperating on giving creatures to the museum. We're only a few days in, so maybe it will get better or we'll figure out how to deal with it better.

#2939 3 years ago

Ok I’m an official fan of Overcooked 2. The kids and I have been having a blast shouting at each other and getting the dished out in time.

Highly recommended if you need to keep the family entertained

#2940 3 years ago

I bought a switch not long ago and have been loving it. But, I was all excited to play Zelda: BOTW and after an hour of playing I went and listed it on ebay. I hated it.

#2941 3 years ago

Im pretty sure that is going to be released digitally. Isnt that physical copy $65? I could never spend that on that type of game.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I bought a switch not long ago and have been loving it. But, I was all excited to play Zelda: BOTW and after an hour of playing I went and listed it on ebay. I hated it.

Why didn't you like it? I had a great time! Just need to get back to it.

Quoted from Gamer85:

Im pretty sure that is going to be released digitally. Isnt that physical copy $65? I could never spend that on that type of game.

It is a digital release, but Limited run games is releasing physicals for consoles. Switch game starts at $35

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Why didn't you like it? I had a great time! Just need to get back to it.

It is a digital release, but Limited run games is releasing physicals for consoles. Switch game starts at $35

I hated everything about it. Big open boring world.. Lack of story.. But the breaking of weapons is just a constant grind. Sucked the fun out of the game for me.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh, I must have looked at the classic edition. What is the difference between the two?

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

It's a fantastic game and is also my Kindergartner's favorite game on the console. He's played through it numerous times already. You need to play it more than an hour to really get into it.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I hated everything about it. Big open boring world.. Lack of story.. But the breaking of weapons is just a constant grind. Sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Your loss if you only played an hour, but it sounds like your mind is made up on it. One of my top 5 games of all time.

When Doom Eternal comes out on Switch I highly recommend it. I have been playing on the PC and they managed to improve on the gameplay of Doom 2016 which was incredible already.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Your loss if you only played an hour, but it sounds like your mind is made up on it. One of my top 5 games of all time.
When Doom Eternal comes out on Switch I highly recommend it. I have been playing on the PC and they managed to improve on the gameplay of Doom 2016 which was incredible already.

+1. BOTW is easily one of the best games ever created.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Oh, I must have looked at the classic edition. What is the difference between the two?

Cases the game comes with. One has like a Sega genesis case for all the games

#2949 3 years ago

I also lost interest in BOTW some time ago...but I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn and am very much into it...which reminded me that BOTW has a similar structure, so I'm going to have to get back into it and hopefully not take too long to pick up where I left off.

#2950 3 years ago

Yea sorry, BOTW was a total dud for me. Maybe ill pick it up again down the road if I get bored but imo, thats not Zelda game. Not looking for that kind of grind. From what ive read, it gets better after 10-20 hrs. To me, having to wait that long for a game to be good, isnt a good game.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.