q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.
#2851 4 years ago

I loved Ring Fit - played through the entire campaign and despite being an objectively bland RPG, it did keep me motivated to keep doing those weird exercises every day. Took about 3 months to finish, then more stuff opens up after the credits roll. If you stick with it, it's a really good exercise program rolled behind simple RPG mechanics.

They really cracked the way to gamify exercise much better than wii fit/wii fit u.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Any feedback on Ring Fit Adventure? The wife brought it up that it looked "interesting" and that she'd be willing to play it but wanted some feedback if possible before I dropped the $80 on it.

It's definitely a fun way to exercise but the game would not keep you coming back if you had no desire to exercise more. IMO.

#2853 4 years ago

That is pretty accurate. It's not great game play, but more of fun exercise. That said, it got me sweating.

#2854 4 years ago

Awwwww shiiiiiit, huge sale on the eShop! 1000 games on sale thru 1/16 ...tons of stuff on my wish list, lots of it has never been on sale.

I don't have time to play anything right now, but cheap games still excite me...lol

#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Awwwww shiiiiiit, huge sale on the eShop! 1000 games on sale thru 1/16 ...tons of stuff on my wish list, lots of it has never been on sale.
I don't have time to play anything right now, but cheap games still excite me...lol

I was under the impression you already owned everything!

Thanks for the heads up. I tend to be a sucker for these types of sales..

#2856 4 years ago

Shakedown Hawaii!!!

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I was under the impression you already owned everything!
Thanks for the heads up. I tend to be a sucker for these types of sales..

I have like 200 Switch games...but there are about 90 games on my wishlist. Nothing I *MUST* have...but stuff I wanna try if they're like $5 or less. Right now Valley is $5, so I might get that...and Teslagrad is $3, looks cool. Thinking about Sayonara Wild Hearts for $9, but SO EXPENSIVE lol

#2858 4 years ago

How is Celeste? Is it too hard?

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Most likely. It's an AMAZING game...but, it's hardcore. It starts easier, but really ramps up...but man, it is satisfying when you get into a flow and can pass extremely hard levels. On some parts, I definitely died 100's of times before getting through it....but I never got mad at it, the design is that brilliant.

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most likely. It's an AMAZING game...but, it's hardcore. It starts easier, but really ramps up...but man, it is satisfying when you get into a flow and can pass extremely hard levels. On some parts, I definitely died 100's of times before getting through it....but I never got mad at it, the design is that brilliant.

Agree with this 100%. It's really one of my favorite games of the last couple years. I think the best comparison is Super Meat Boy (which I also absolutely love).

#2861 4 years ago

Still loving Zelda: BotW here. I just finished upgrading all of my armor (except the soldier set) to 4 star. I remember when Lynels and mobile Guardians where an absolute "must avoid". Now, I go hunting for them. It's amazing how the more you play, the better you get at the mechanics such as a flurry rush.

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Rai, you should check out Rayman Legends. It’s on sale for $11.99 & I think there’s a demo, too. Amazing platformer, excellent art, animation & music - and its not ultra hard. Has TONS of content & even Mario & Luigi costumes for the characters!

#2863 4 years ago

Anyone played Distrust? It looks like an interesting game and I could get it for cashing in my coins.

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rai, you should check out Rayman Legends. It’s on sale for $11.99 & I think there’s a demo, too. Amazing platformer, excellent art, animation & music - and its not ultra hard. Has TONS of content & even Mario & Luigi costumes for the characters!

Thanks.

I bought that and Celeste.

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Shakedown Hawaii!!!

Is that game finally out?

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Still loving Zelda: BotW here. I just finished upgrading all of my armor (except the soldier set) to 4 star. I remember when Lynels and mobile Guardians where an absolute "must avoid". Now, I go hunting for them. It's amazing how the more you play, the better you get at the mechanics such as a flurry rush.

I forgot you can get better sets! I need them so I can actually kill them. I’m excited to get back into this game

#2867 4 years ago

+1 on Ring Fit, its a fun way to exercise and not drop a ton of money on equipment or the gym fees.

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

+1 on Ring Fit, its a fun way to exercise and not drop a ton of money on equipment or the gym fees.

Yeah, its a really well made package - I used to do DDR a lot of exercise, cuz exercise is much more fun if it's a game! Ring Fit takes it to the next level, since it's not just aerobic, you work all your muscle groups in a really brilliantly designed workout game. Very fun. I need to do it more often, though lol.

#2869 4 years ago

So played through Ori and the Blind Forest which was fantastic.......then tried Hollow Knight. People want to make parallels on these games. I'm just not enjoying Hollow Knight. First, HK just seems more depressing to me. And then there's the fact I seem to suck at HK. I just don't enjoy having my a$$ kicked by a boss AND then having to trek 3 - 5 minutes (Mawlek) to get back to that point in the game to try again.

No offense to those that enjoy it, but I'll be abandoning it and moving on to either Gris or Rayman.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is that game finally out?

Yes I got it the other day and have had a few chuckles.

There’s gta1 elements, smash tv elements, rpg elements and a lot more

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

So played through Ori and the Blind Forest which was fantastic.......then tried Hollow Knight. People want to make parallels on these games. I'm just not enjoying Hollow Knight. First, HK just seems more depressing to me. And then there's the fact I seem to suck at HK. I just don't enjoy having my a$$ kicked by a boss AND then having to trek 3 - 5 minutes (Mawlek) to get back to that point in the game to try again.
No offense to those that enjoy it, but I'll be abandoning it and moving on to either Gris or Rayman.

Hollow Knight can be really unforgiving until you get decent amount of powerups...then it's not bad, except for some BRUUUUUTAL boss fights. I got about 25 hours into it, and hit a wall where I kept getting defeated or lost. I definitely want to finish it at some point, but with those types of games, if you come back to it a year later, you totally forget everything. Ori looks awesome...I'll pick that one up eventually.

#2872 4 years ago

Finally got around to buying and starting celeste. So glad I did. Having a blast. Brutal gameplay at times. Hollow night is next!

#2873 4 years ago

+1 for Ori and Celeste. Both incredible games.

Been playing of a ton of Dead Cells recently. Still can't get through a 1BC playthrough but getting a little better each time!

#2874 4 years ago

Ori is a really good game, but somehow I got myself into a situation where I can't get out of. No health, and with only one exit that's extremely hard, it's been impossible for me progress.

I can't get into the roguelike things. They all seem really repetitive. Probably because I got my fill of these games in the arcade in the 80's replaying the first level over and over, I'm kind of over that stuff.

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I can't get into the roguelike things. They all seem really repetitive. Probably because I got my fill of these games in the arcade in the 80's replaying the first level over and over, I'm kind of over that stuff.

I thought I hated roguelike games until I played Flame in the Flood. Dunno why, but that one really worked for me. Now I like a bunch of them - Flinthook, Gungeon, Dead Cells, etc. yes there’s replay, but since it’s different every time, that keeps it from being repetitive.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought I hated roguelike games until I played Flame in the Flood. Dunno why, but that one really worked for me. Now I like a bunch of them - Flinthook, Gungeon, Dead Cells, etc. yes there’s replay, but since it’s different every time, that keeps it from being repetitive.

The best roughlikes IMO are the ones that the better you do the more stuff you unlock and the more powerful you become for the next run. It feels like if you just do a little better this time, you will be that much better next time. Some are better at this than others.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The best roughlikes IMO are the ones that the better you do the more stuff you unlock and the more powerful you become for the next run. It feels like if you just do a little better this time, you will be that much better next time. Some are better at this than others.

Aren’t they all like that? I was under the impression that was the general design philosophy with those games.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aren’t they all like that? I was under the impression that was the general design philosophy with those games.

Some more than others is what I mean. Some just give you some small stat boosts and what not. The fun ones IMO are the ones that give you cool new powers to use or items/weapons.

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rogue legacy will tear you up, I don’t think there’s any unlockables, it gets harder every time. At some point you have to start a new save

#2880 4 years ago

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/heroki-switch/
Neat looking platformer on sale for $2--burn those spare coins!

The peaceful sky village of Levantia is in danger! The dastardly Dr. N. Forchin and his accomplice, Vapor, have stolen the Emerix - a powerful amulet and all hope may be lost! Fly into a beautiful action adventure and save a whimsical world full of flight and fantasy. Master the wind to fly, freefall, dash and bash your way across beautiful 3D rendered sky-islands, jungles, seas and deserts.

FEATURES
10+ hours of deep gameplay
Fly, freefall and fight, with the help of the wind and a propeller
Master new skills such as powerful Dash and Bash attacks or use the power of Wind to solve puzzles
Spawn many Power-ups such as a Shield, Hourglass, Aeroblade and more
Find hidden treasures and collect many items
Explore four stunning worlds
Meet and befriend a cast of friendly characters
Face dozens of unique enemies and prepare for an epic boss battle
Discover a host of islands within your village to play mini-games and side-quests to earn special rewards
60FPS Full HD performance
HD Rumble

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/heroki-switch/
Neat looking platformer on sale for $2--burn those spare coins!
The peaceful sky village of Levantia is in danger! The dastardly Dr. N. Forchin and his accomplice, Vapor, have stolen the Emerix - a powerful amulet and all hope may be lost! Fly into a beautiful action adventure and save a whimsical world full of flight and fantasy. Master the wind to fly, freefall, dash and bash your way across beautiful 3D rendered sky-islands, jungles, seas and deserts.
FEATURES
10+ hours of deep gameplay
Fly, freefall and fight, with the help of the wind and a propeller
Master new skills such as powerful Dash and Bash attacks or use the power of Wind to solve puzzles
Spawn many Power-ups such as a Shield, Hourglass, Aeroblade and more
Find hidden treasures and collect many items
Explore four stunning worlds
Meet and befriend a cast of friendly characters
Face dozens of unique enemies and prepare for an epic boss battle
Discover a host of islands within your village to play mini-games and side-quests to earn special rewards
60FPS Full HD performance
HD Rumble

Looks like the designer had just played Ori before they came up with that game. I loved that game so might give this one a try.

#2882 4 years ago

Just bought the racing game Horizon Chase Turbo it's fun and easy, was on sale yesterday. Reminds me of beefed up Outrun arcade game.

#2883 4 years ago

Finished Gris this weekend. While the gameplay is much simpler than something like Ori and its a shorter game to boot - this is hands down the most relaxing and beautiful games I've ever played.

#2884 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just bought the racing game Horizon Chase Turbo it's fun and easy, was on sale yesterday. Reminds me of beefed up Outrun arcade game.

I think I played the demo and it did seem outrun ish, but wasn't sure how good the full game would be so I passed at the time. How is it?

I played Yooka laylee impossible mission this morning. Man, I forgot how fun a 2d side scroll can be. It is hard ish like a old n64 or nintendo game and has some cool explore/secretes like DKC.

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I played Yooka laylee impossible mission this morning. Man, I forgot how fun a 2d side scroll can be. It is hard ish like a old n64 or nintendo game and has some cool explore/secretes like DKC.

One thing that was a pleasant surprise is how fun the overworked map is on Yooka 2...There are so many great little puzzles and secrets that are really satisfying to discover.

I’ve got 42 bees to protect me, but the Impossible Lair is still pretty impossible lol.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think I played the demo and it did seem outrun ish, but wasn't sure how good the full game would be so I passed at the time. How is it?

very fun especially if you like simple games. I haven't got into the upgrade garage but the actual racing is great. I got it on sale at $9.99

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One thing that was a pleasant surprise is how fun the overworked map is on Yooka 2...There are so many great little puzzles and secrets that are really satisfying to discover.
I’ve got 42 bees to protect me, but the Impossible Lair is still pretty impossible lol.

Okay good. When they offered me to go back to battle the impossible lair I was thinking....mmmm is this game that short? hahah

Quoted from rai:

very fun especially if you like simple games. I haven't got into the upgrade garage but the actual racing is great. I got it on sale at $9.99

Ah cool, if it is still on sale then maybe I'll snag it!

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Okay good. When they offered me to go back to battle the impossible lair I was thinking....mmmm is this game that short? hahah

I finished 40 levels & have 42 bees. Took me 15 hrs. There might be some more unlockable levels - there are definitely more bees to find. I need more bees or need to really memorize the Lair, cuz it is HARD.

It’s kinda like Zelda BOTW...you can go to the end whenever you want, but you’ll probably get slaughtered lol.

#2889 4 years ago

My wife and I are enjoying Overcooked co-op in the campaign. It's all about working together to prepare and deliver food. I'm not even sure if or how this game would work single player. When our daughter is player 3, she makes it a bit more difficult when her character is in the way. Otherwise the game can be quite challenging on its own as we're getting into later levels.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My wife and I are enjoying Overcooked co-op in the campaign

Overcooked is a blast. Its the only game that my wife will ever play.

#2891 4 years ago

Picked up Resident Evil 4 and Megaman 11 while the sale lasted. Now I gotta find time to play em lol.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Picked up Resident Evil 4 and Megaman 11 while the sale lasted. Now I gotta find time to play em lol.

I bought Megaman 11 when it came out and still haven’t found the time to finish it lol

#2893 4 years ago

I like "takedown: Hawaii" are their other games like this?

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Their prior game, retro city rampage is “similar”

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

The original Grand Theft Auto

But it’s not on switch to my knowledge

#2896 4 years ago

Anyone play Sniper Elite 3? Looks interesting.

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Anyone play Sniper Elite 3? Looks interesting.

I was looking at this one as well. +1 on the feedback request.

#2898 4 years ago

Anyone interested in the dark crystal age of resistance tactics game? Looks to be a turn based rpg.

Trailer

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-switch/

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone interested in the dark crystal age of resistance tactics game? Looks to be a turn based rpg.
Trailer

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-switch/

ill have to check it out, havent seen it before but i do love turn based strategy games!

#2900 4 years ago

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but here goes:
I have 2 Switch systems and 1 physical copy of Zelda BTW. In order to both play at the same time, I'll need to purchase another copy.
Correct?
All of the other games I've purchased were digital, and can play separate games on both at same time.
Thanks.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.