q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 89.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm in. Just saw this thread. Purchased a Switch on Black Friday and have done nothing but played Zelda BotW since.

How are you liking Zelda? Have you fought any divine beasts?

#2752 4 years ago

Jeebus! I think my 6 year old likes playing video games as much as I did when I was a kid. Lately it's been Luigi's Mansion although we finished it the other night! Awesome game.

switch (resized).pngswitch (resized).png
#2753 4 years ago

Baldur’s Gate 1&2 Enhanced edition is on sale at GameStop for $25. This is probably the best RPG ever made. Epic story, great score, visuals that are still fantastic after 20 years. The game is tough but it is hugely immersive. In the original release, I put over 100 hours into part 2 and it’s expansion. There is so much to see and do in there. BB384DF1-F5BE-465C-9886-9D10644BD9AF (resized).jpegBB384DF1-F5BE-465C-9886-9D10644BD9AF (resized).jpeg

#2754 4 years ago

Not as much as I thought

3C9748A0-AA2B-4868-B00C-8DC53330D882 (resized).png3C9748A0-AA2B-4868-B00C-8DC53330D882 (resized).png
#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Baldur’s Gate 1&2 Enhanced edition is on sale at GameStop for $25. This is probably the best RPG ever made. Epic story, great score, visuals that are still fantastic after 20 years. The game is tough but it is hugely immersive. In the original release, I put over 100 hours into part 2 and it’s expansion. There is so much to see and do in there.

The controls are fantastic on the Switch as well. This and the Torment release were my most played of this year by far. Torment still has some pretty nasty bugs, but the Baldur's Gate release was bug-free for me!

#2756 4 years ago

Moonlighter is really fun if you haven't checked it out yet. Surprised it made my top 3
Capture+_2019-12-20-07-20-06 (resized).pngCapture+_2019-12-20-07-20-06 (resized).png

#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are you liking Zelda? Have you fought any divine beasts?

Absolutely loving it. Which is weird because I'm normally a first-person shooter/fighting type gamer, but this one has me hooked.

I've defeated all of the divine beasts and am currently searching for as many shrines as possible. I'm also working to develop the full set of guardian armor from the lab, so I'm re-doing a lot of the "test of strength" trials and then going and fighting guardians for their gears/cores/etc.

Game. Is. Good.

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Absolutely loving it. Which is weird because I'm normally a first-person shooter/fighting type gamer, but this one has me hooked.
I've defeated all of the divine beasts and am currently searching for as many shrines as possible. I'm also working to develop the full set of guardian armor from the lab, so I'm re-doing a lot of the "test of strength" trials and then going and fighting guardians for their gears/cores/etc.
Game. Is. Good.

oh man you are working through good! I've beat 1 divine beast and don't think I've killed a guardian yet. I was just shrine hunting for more life/stamina so I could beat a guardian. When I crossed into another territory to try and get the checkpoint/pole, I got lasered hard!

#2759 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

oh man you are working through good! I've beat 1 divine beast and don't think I've killed a guardian yet. I was just shrine hunting for more life/stamina so I could beat a guardian. When I crossed into another territory to try and get the checkpoint/pole, I got lasered hard!

The best divine beast to beat is the Rito one (bird). That will give you an ability to create your own updraft. It allows you to cheat all of the towers (as they are usually blocked/guarded at the base) and unlock the map.

I've found the key to beating guardians is to beat the "test of strength" trials and use their own weapons against them. Normal weapons don't do much damage to them. Also, not sure if you are aware, but you can go back into a trial and do it over and over again. I've been doing that to regain the weapons when they break.

#2760 4 years ago

If you're lucky enough to live near a Redbox with Switch games

https://lifehacker.com/redbox-is-selling-off-its-video-game-stock-at-steep-dis-1840533686

#2761 4 years ago

thats how i got yoshis crafted world, $17!

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

thats how i got yoshis crafted world, $17!

Yep. Closest one to me is in Georgia.

#2763 4 years ago

Seems like Zelda: Link's Awakening is another great title from looking at everyone's year end play profile. Any other "must have" suggestions?

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Seems like Zelda: Link's Awakening is another great title from looking at everyone's year end play profile. Any other "must have" suggestions?

depends on what you like. Almost all 1st party games are great

New super mario bros
Mario odyssey
Yoshi
Kirby (great for young kids or non gamers as well)
Splatoon 2
ARMS
Luigi Mansion 3
NES collection
SNES collection
zelda botw
zelda links awakening

Diablo 3
witcher 3
Crash team racing
Crash trilogy
Spyro trilogy?
octopath travler
Overcooked 1 and 2

TONS Of indie games

Dang soooo many games.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

The best divine beast to beat is the Rito one (bird). That will give you an ability to create your own updraft. It allows you to cheat all of the towers (as they are usually blocked/guarded at the base) and unlock the map.
I've found the key to beating guardians is to beat the "test of strength" trials and use their own weapons against them. Normal weapons don't do much damage to them. Also, not sure if you are aware, but you can go back into a trial and do it over and over again. I've been doing that to regain the weapons when they break.

man i just need to get back into playing. Once I beat LM3 i'll go back to botw! I'll have to try the feats of strength> I think I found 1 and just got wrecked so I stopped going until I was a little more beefed up.

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

TONS Of indie games
Dang soooo many games.

There are almost 900 games on sale on the eShop right now. Tons of indies and great games mega cheap!

#2767 4 years ago

I’m enjoying Biolab Wars, great nes/snes feel and retro style graphics, and dizzam only $1.99... Def recommended if you like the old stuff like I do

#2768 4 years ago

I put my free Nintendo online subscription to good use

Screenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-30 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-15-13-30 (resized).png
#2769 4 years ago

My pinside SS got me the lion king Aladdin game!!!!

989696EE-53ED-4C0E-AC51-AC6843FF79BA (resized).jpeg989696EE-53ED-4C0E-AC51-AC6843FF79BA (resized).jpeg
#2770 4 years ago

We bought the Labo vehicle kit for my son (read: for me as well) and I've been working on it for a few hours now. Holy crap! I never expected this to take so long! And I feel like I have a ton more to do! Still not really done with the steering wheel yet.

20191225_162930 (resized).jpg20191225_162930 (resized).jpg
#2771 4 years ago

Just got a switch for Christmas got the Mario maker wanted other opinions.

I really don't need anything too complex so like smile a couple of buttons (was thinking of the Zelda remake) any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Edit: it seems like the family online membership is the way to go and get lots of free older games which would be new to me because I was not really a gamer besides PC games.

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We bought the Labo vehicle kit for my son (read: for me as well) and I've been working on it for a few hours now. Holy crap! I never expected this to take so long! And I feel like I have a ton more to do! Still not really done with the steering wheel yet.[quoted image]

The Labo kits take a really long time - but I had so much fun building them. It’s just crazy amazing how well designed the whole thing is. Then once you start playing it - it’s like - holy crap, this cardboard steering wheel & pedal is totally functional and super fun to play with. The vehicle kit there is the best one IMO.

#2773 4 years ago

Splatoon 2 is very festive today! Merry Squidmas/Splatmas/Fishmas!

E24335A7-F26A-4E5E-943D-39F34897AB9A.jpegE24335A7-F26A-4E5E-943D-39F34897AB9A.jpeg1653946E-74F0-40B3-8BB5-46CAE3C945D1.jpeg1653946E-74F0-40B3-8BB5-46CAE3C945D1.jpeg1F0727A5-FC40-4E43-8705-CFCBA91CAA05.jpeg1F0727A5-FC40-4E43-8705-CFCBA91CAA05.jpeg3C561265-8D35-43E9-9B01-67F65E8F2A4B.jpeg3C561265-8D35-43E9-9B01-67F65E8F2A4B.jpeg
#2774 4 years ago

Got Luigi's Mansion 3 and Ni No Kuni for xmas. Enjoying both so far.

#2775 4 years ago

I'm not too much into the older content from the NES Super NES.

I like the user made levels on Mario Maker tho.

I may get Link to the past for my next title.

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Link to the Past is a SNES game.

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from Rarehero:

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You're missing out if you haven't played some of the NES/SNES games.

#2779 4 years ago

The Switch is really very slick.

We got a second one this year after tiring of the kids fighting over whose turn it was to use it.

I linked my account to both and transferred one of the kids to the new one. Since I'm on both, I just download my save data for whichever game I'm playing from the cloud.

Boom.

I can use either one flawlessly.

#2780 4 years ago

Most hours are just tetris lol
But I did play those other 2 a lot

Screenshot_2019-12-26-20-03-44 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-26-20-03-44 (resized).png
#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

sorry mean Link Awakening.

I've been playing this one speed run level on Mario Builder think I'm getting close but keep on dying (its hard).

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You're missing out if you haven't played some of the NES/SNES games.

I am going to try Super Metroid and some Mario/Yoshi games.

#2783 4 years ago

Luigi's Mansion 3 is fantastic. So much character.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am going to try Super Metroid and some Mario/Yoshi games.

Those SNES games are fantastic.

Links Awakening is cute, but keep in mind it’s a remake of a Gameboy game. It’s NES/SNES style but looks like little toys. If you wanna go for a long amazing more modern adventure, Breath of the Wild is amazing.

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Those SNES games are fantastic.
Links Awakening is cute, but keep in mind it’s a remake of a Gameboy game. It’s NES/SNES style but looks like little toys. If you wanna go for a long amazing more modern adventure, Breath of the Wild is amazing.

Ok but is Breath of the wild too hard? I don’t want to get 2 hours in and get lost or need to take a lot of notes. I’m a casual player. Is it broken up into chapters or something like levels? I just worry I’ll be walking around and just be too lost like on the wrong side of the world.

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok but is Breath of the wild too hard? I don’t want to get 2 hours in and get lost or need to take a lot of notes. I’m a casual player. Is it broken up into chapters or something like levels? I just worry I’ll be walking around and just be too lost like on the wrong side of the world.

The cool thing about BotW is that it really is open world. You can do any of the content in any order you want to. There are a couple challenging points where you would want to gear up before tackling, but for the most part those are optional. The “dungeons” and shrines are numerous and short, so no matter where you are, there is some relevant content and you won’t have to worry about getting lost in a dungeon for days and needing a guide. I will say that overall, the game can be difficult. The combat system is great, but it’s not a game that you can just rush in headlong. Even geared up, you need to use tactics and the environment if you want to take on groups of enemies.

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am not an open world or “note taking” player either. I typically like linear strategies. However, BotW is simply the best game I’ve ever played. I’ve easily got over 120 hours on it since Black Friday. There are games I probably found more fun in shorter periods or with a group of friends or some other defined situation. But, BotW is the most well rounded and robust. There is so much to do that you can take a completely different path than anyone else based on what part of the game you are enjoying. You like puzzles, cool, do shrines. You like beating up things, great, go for divine beasts. There is some amount of cross-over and story where you have to develop your character, but the game is freaking awesome. You won’t be disappointed.

#2788 4 years ago

Thanks. I think may try BotW did just pick up Enter the Gungeon for $7.49 figure hard to go wrong.

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I’ve easily got over 120 hours on it since Black Friday.

#2790 4 years ago

Ha. Yeah. The late nights staying up to 2:00am-ish is starting to wear on me.

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks. I think may try BotW did just pick up Enter the Gungeon for $7.49 figure hard to go wrong.

Gungeon is awesome - very hard but very fun. Keep in mind it gets a bit easier as you replay as new things are unlocked.

I was worried that BOTW would be too hard and confusing too, as I normally don’t like ultra huge and complex games - but that’s the genius of Nintendo. They somehow made an open world game approachable. You can play the game anyway you want. There’s no right way. You can go anywhere, meet anyone, accomplish things in any order. It’s very intuitive and the world is very inviting. The desire to explore is addicting. I’ve been a Zelda fan since game 1...some of the 3D games are a bit too confusing to me, but BOTW won me over big time...definitely my favorite in the series now and one of my favorite all time games. I’ve got 200 hrs on it.

#2792 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gungeon is awesome - very hard but very fun. Keep in mind it gets a bit easier as you replay as new things are unlocked.
I was worried that BOTW would be too hard and confusing too, as I normally don’t like ultra huge and complex games - but that’s the genius of Nintendo. They somehow made an open world game approachable. You can play the game anyway you want. There’s no right way. You can go anywhere, meet anyone, accomplish things in any order. It’s very intuitive and the world is very inviting. The desire to explore is addicting. I’ve been a Zelda fan since game 1...some of the 3D games are a bit too confusing to me, but BOTW won me over big time...definitely my favorite in the series now and one of my favorite all time games. I’ve got 200 hrs on it.

Thanks. I was looking at Link's Awakening but it doesn't seem like a $60 game (it'll wait for a sale but they say it's a 15 hour game), BOTW seems more worth the money, and I like Mario Maker too because it's really endless levels with player made content.

#2793 4 years ago

BOTW is fn great. Most time I put into a game in a good 20 years. The way you explore and open up the map with limited hand holding is amazing.

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks. I was looking at Link's Awakening but it doesn't seem like a $60 game (it'll wait for a sale but they say it's a 15 hour game), BOTW seems more worth the money, and I like Mario Maker too because it's really endless levels with player made content.

Yeah, I finished Link’s Awakening in 15. It works well as a love letter to the GB game, or a “my first Zelda” for kids, I think. BOTW is definitely a “money’s worth” game. It’s really just a beautiful work of art that you can play. Even though it’s non-linear, it somehow always engages you with a new surprise that catches your attention.

Play with a nice sound system or headphones. The details in the sound design & music are amazing and really enhance the experience.

#2795 4 years ago

BIG switch fan here. If y'all ever wanna destroy me at smash bros add Digduglus.
Also hidden gems on the eshop- stardew valley, puzzle quest, and monaco. Dear lord monaco is a phenomenal co op game

20191228_141909 (resized).jpg20191228_141909 (resized).jpg
#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

BIG switch fan here. If y'all ever wanna destroy me at smash bros add Digduglus.
Also hidden gems on the eshop- stardew valley, puzzle quest, and monaco. Dear lord monaco is a phenomenal co op game[quoted image]

Capcom Belt Action Collection

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Capcom Belt Action Collection

Got it for the posters. Love me some knights of the round

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

BIG switch fan here. If y'all ever wanna destroy me at smash bros add Digduglus

Need a friend code, Brotendo! Can’t add names.

If any new Switchies wanna add me:

4CE89CA9-A338-45D3-BBFA-85AFF2FDF8BE.jpeg4CE89CA9-A338-45D3-BBFA-85AFF2FDF8BE.jpeg
#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon 2 is very festive today! Merry Squidmas/Splatmas/Fishmas! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just tried getting into Splatoon, but how was the game you posted any fun? Of course your team won since the level gap means your team could paint the entire map in half the time of the lower leveled team. I kept getting matched up with mostly similar low-levels, but then one person would be level 30+ and just totally throw the round out of balance to the point where there was no chance of competing. I have to hope the teams are kinda even or else it's a slaughter. How long until a newbie can buy a useful weapon? It looks like level 20 or later.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I just tried getting into Splatoon, but how was the game you posted any fun? Of course your team won since the level gap means your team could paint the entire map in half the time of the lower leveled team. I kept getting matched up with mostly similar low-levels, but then one person would be level 30+ and just totally throw the round out of balance to the point where there was no chance of competing. I have to hope the teams are kinda even or else it's a slaughter. How long until a newbie can buy a useful weapon? It looks like level 20 or later.

Actually that matchup I was in was quite fair. See the 25* on the other team? The star means they’re actually Level 125.

Also the level has nothing to do with who can paint what. It’s up to you, your weapons and your skills. If you’re keeping the other team splatted, they’re inking less. If you’re using a weapon that outputs more ink, ink away! That’s what I do. I use Sploosh-o-Matic which means my range sucks but I can paint a lot and swim through my curling bomb trails to get around fast and annoy the other team. I can super jump to my team mates in peril, and use my splashdown special to save them! Splatoon is always fun!

It’s best to not take Turf War too seriously. If you’re more concerned about equal abilities, play Ranked. It doesn’t matter if you’re new or old, the match-ups are based on skill.

As for weapons, I think all are available at level 20...but plenty of top tier players use the basic ones like Splattershot. No weapon is better or worse than another. It’s about your style of play and what works best for you.

Also, don’t turn off motion aiming - it’s key to great play.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.