q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't given it earnest gameplay

Problem found.

Once you master Mario & Cappy’s moveset, it’s pure magic & fun. It’s more than just “jump” & “throw”. You become a parkour master. The level design, the music, the boss fights, all of the characters you can become by using Cappy...the whole thing is just perfection.

#2702 4 years ago

Real nice crop of games being added to the online service this round. 0AC3F604-5BA5-4900-8912-DB59CCB84C70 (resized).jpeg0AC3F604-5BA5-4900-8912-DB59CCB84C70 (resized).jpeg

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Real nice crop of games being added to the online service this round. [quoted image]

Whoa! When did that info drop? I just saw an article bitching about lack of updates.

#2704 4 years ago

I had a good bunch of physical games. I put all the cartridges in a single case to make carrying them around easier. Now I can't find that case. Total bummer, and I really hope it turns up so I don't have to replace them. For now I guess I'll just play the digitals until I get a real chance to tear the house apart, but shit.

#2705 4 years ago

Crystalis is one of the most overlooked and underrated action-rpg's of all time. If you're into Zelda style games, it is still worth your time to play through this.

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I had a good bunch of physical games. I put all the cartridges in a single case to make carrying them around easier. Now I can't find that case. Total bummer, and I really hope it turns up so I don't have to replace them. For now I guess I'll just play the digitals until I get a real chance to tear the house apart, but shit.

I've got a few games I can lend you in the meantime if you want. Just don't lose them

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've got a few games I can lend you in the meantime if you want. Just don't lose them

Thanks! I appreciate the offer, but I've got a pretty good collection of digital stuff to keep me busy anyway, just going to bother me to no end until I find them is all.

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Crystalis is one of the most overlooked and underrated action-rpg's of all time. If you're into Zelda style games, it is still worth your time to play through this.

Yeah it's Soo good, looks really good for an NES game too

#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah it's Soo good, looks really good for an NES game too

and the music... man.. I still have those tunes stuck in my head. SNK knocked it out of the park for their first and only attempt at an RPG (well besides Sam Sho RPG that was never localized). It's really too bad they never made a sequel.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thanks! I appreciate the offer, but I've got a pretty good collection of digital stuff to keep me busy anyway, just going to bother me to no end until I find them is all.

It would bother me too lol. But the offer stands regardless if you find your case or not

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa! When did that info drop? I just saw an article bitching about lack of updates.

I just saw it a few minutes before I posted it here. I was surprised too after the relative drought as far as new content goes. The best news is that they go live on the 12th!

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have replaced about 40 of those analog sticks for myself and other people. Amazon has a nice little kit with proper tools and replacement analogs for about 15 bucks. Those analogs are poor quality at best.

There are 20 different products at 15 dollars, and all of them have good and bad reviews. I guess my best shot is to trust you ! Can you tell me which one you got ?

#2713 4 years ago

Alien Isolation any good on the switch?

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Alien Isolation any good on the switch?

The atmosphere is amazing, the gameplay is a complete chore, I didn't feel it was worth it at the bargain bin price I payed for it years ago. Can't imagine it would be worth it on switch.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There are 20 different products at 15 dollars, and all of them have good and bad reviews. I guess my best shot is to trust you ! Can you tell me which one you got ?

Sure.... here is the kit I bought-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MRJ12HX/

If you already have the screwdrivers that are in the kit, if you need just the analogs, I buy these in packs of 4-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T1D1BNW

Also, after you install the new analogs- you have to recalibrate your joycons in the system menu. When I read some of the negative reviews on these, I just assume people are morons, and can't do basic things...... I have had zero issues with them.

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

amazon.com link »
If you already have the screwdrivers that are in the kit, if you need just the analogs, I buy these in packs of 4-
amazon.com link »
Also, after you install the new analogs- you have to recalibrate your joycons in the system menu. When I read some of the negative reviews on these, I just assume people are morons, and can't do basic things...... I have had zero issues with them.

Thanks, I've ordered a set (and will try not to be a moron installer !)

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The atmosphere is amazing, the gameplay is a complete chore, I didn't feel it was worth it at the bargain bin price I payed for it years ago. Can't imagine it would be worth it on switch.

I got it for 9,99$ on PS4, it was super close to be a fantastic game, the atmosphere is incredible, the constant pressure of the xenomorph can be felt, overall it could have been a masterpiece

BUT
The game is plagued by some mechanics non sense, the controls are a chore, and some design choices are plain dumb.
The main issue though is that the whole gameplay relies on the xenomorph intelligence and behavior. And the way he behaves is very frustrating and take off a big chunk of how awesome this game could have been. Sometimes he teleports himself so he comes in from places that he should not be able to reach, and sometimes he can see you when you are hiding. It has been established that the xenomorph can smell which would explain that but he can randomly find you hiding or not depending on.... randomness.

That is what killed the game for me, I am not against a heavy challenge, but the lack of consistency in his behavior makes it difficult to enjoy the game.

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

the controls are a chore

This on the Xbox.

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've owned my copy for about a year now. I haven't given it earnest gameplay, but it's also a game that I don't find myself wanting to load up either. I can't be the only one, right. What am I missing out on?

I played it through and got all the moons with the help of online guides. It was a really good game but I wasn't blown away, 3D World was more enjoyable for me.

#2720 4 years ago

FREEEE GAMES!!!

If you have a Qubic game, you can download Robonauts for free now - and then in a few days continue the chain of free game downloads.

If you don’t have a Qubic game, you can download their free Coloring Book game & this will work.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/qubicgames_is_giving_away_10_free_nintendo_switch_games_to_everyone_including_you

#2721 4 years ago

I'm getting the kids the 3D labo cardboard kit as an unexpected accessory this Christmas. For $40 I figured it could be a fun exercise.

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I'm getting the kids the 3D labo cardboard kit as an unexpected accessory this Christmas. For $40 I figured it could be a fun exercise.

Labo kits are super fun to put together. Check Wal Marts near you - they’ve been selling the Variety Kit for $9!

#2723 4 years ago

Final Fantasy 12 is 50% off at Target. I kept mixed memories from my first run a decade ago but at that price and with nothing else to play for my winter trip I figured it was a decent candidate.

The battle system is the weirdest they’ve ever come up with. It’s fully automated based on player’s preset scripts. So the strategy comes in before the battle then you mostly sit and watch.

#2724 4 years ago

anyone try Safari Pinball? At $1.50 I figured someone would of
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/safari-pinball-switch/

Mario Odyssey is great! Finding all the secrets is challenging and fun. 100%'ing the levels is challenge, the main game is just medium to hard. Being a cappy expert like Rare said is the hard part but ultra awesome when you can zoom through things fast.

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

anyone try Safari Pinball? At $1.50 I figured someone would of
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/safari-pinball-switch/
Mario Odyssey is great! Finding all the secrets is challenging and fun. 100%'ing the levels is challenge, the main game is just medium to hard. Being a cappy expert like Rare said is the hard part but ultra awesome when you can zoom through things fast.

I will have to play it some day. Problem is, I just bought a few other games, and already have some games that I've bought but haven't played yet! I'm at various stages of completion of about a half dozen games now and it doesn't seem like it'll let up any time soon. Such awful problems to have...

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I will have to play it some day. Problem is, I just bought a few other games, and already have some games that I've bought but haven't played yet! I'm at various stages of completion of about a half dozen games now and it doesn't seem like it'll let up any time soon. Such awful problems to have...

totally! I stopped buying games until I complete them. Almost done with LM3, then I had yuka laylee picked out for xmas. otherwise I'm just wasting money :/

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

totally! I stopped buying games until I complete them.

That's a good policy. If I did that I could probably stop buying games until..... death...

#2728 4 years ago

I tried to do that as well, for a time. Then I found myself buying 5 yr old games (just bought Dragon Age: Inquisiton GOTY for PS4 for $10 lol) so that I could play all the good ones that I missed. It's definitely the cheaper way to go! But buying everything new, it's impossible to keep up! Especially with kids! And pinball!

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

I just finished installing 2, and ordered 4 more. Fast and easy, I really wish I did that before.

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I just finished installing 2, and ordered 4 more. Fast and easy, I really wish I did that before.

Awesome, glad to hear it worked out for you. It really is easy, one controller is a little hard than the other, but nothing too crazy. You just have to be gentle with the ribbon cables.

My kids are pretty hard on them, especially with Super Smash Brothers. It is nice to have spares, as you will be replacing them again....

#2731 4 years ago

Bought my son a switch for Christmas and I’m super excited for him to open it and playing games with him.

Thus far I haven’t purchased a second controller yet. Do you guys recommend the pro controller which has a feel more like Xbox or what seems to be the best?

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Bought my son a switch for Christmas and I’m super excited for him to open it and playing games with him.
Thus far I haven’t purchased a second controller yet. Do you guys recommend the pro controller which has a feel more like Xbox or what seems to be the best?

The Pro controllers feel great, but I would suggest another Joycon if more than two people are ever going to play. Each half of a Joycon can be used as a standalone controller for most games. And for games like Mario Party, your only choice is the Joycon.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I like the wireless Gamecube controller

#2734 4 years ago

got yoshis crafted world to play with the wife. its super easy and cutsie so she likes playing it.

if you know how to play games its way too easy lol but probably good for kids and non-gamer significant others

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

got yoshis crafted world to play with the wife. its super easy and cutsie so she likes playing it.
if you know how to play games its way too easy lol but probably good for kids and non-gamer significant others

I've been playing with my daughter, it's super fun to play. It's an easy game for sure, but collecting every item at every level ups the challenge a bit, it's all put in a very clever manner, items are not really hidden it's more about being very attentive to everything that's on the crowded screen.

Same as Luigi Mansion 3, I recommend playing it on a TV, the switch screen is too small to see all the details.

#2736 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2738 4 years ago

Nice, I just got my email too.... Freaking kids..... LOL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Nice, I just got my email too.... Freaking kids..... LOL[quoted image]

Hah, mine‘s weird. This dumb little puzzle game is a great way to relax each nite before bed.

21A2603F-408B-4518-AD7F-160A87BBB93A.jpeg21A2603F-408B-4518-AD7F-160A87BBB93A.jpeg
#2740 4 years ago

You have good taste!

Screenshot_20191219-182518_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191219-182518_Email (resized).jpg
#2741 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191219-172513_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191219-172513_Gmail (resized).jpg
#2742 4 years ago

I would bet that 150 of those hours were SSBU. Hated Xenoblade Chronicles but I put a few hours into it hoping it would get better. I need to play more Mario Maker.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#2743 4 years ago

Kill me lol

263D4EBC-2018-47E5-9AB7-B56114BC7311.png263D4EBC-2018-47E5-9AB7-B56114BC7311.png
#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nice, I like Halcyon 6.

I really did too, and then it just started stressing me out. I gave up on it abruptly, as it just got to be too overwhelming putting out fires.

Fun for a while though.

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kill me lol[quoted image]

Sweet Lord Greg, please tell me you at least brought your Switch outside to play, or you take Vitamin D pills, or something.... lol

#2746 4 years ago

I guess my kid games more than me. (She's 6) I hate Minecraft. Lol.

Screenshot_20191219-221332 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191219-221332 (resized).png
#2747 4 years ago
7A840F79-271F-46AC-B157-FBC6D4C71FED (resized).png7A840F79-271F-46AC-B157-FBC6D4C71FED (resized).png
#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sweet Lord Greg, please tell me you at least brought your Switch outside to play, or you take Vitamin D pills, or something.... lol

I took it to Hawaii so I could play the final Splatfest while on vacation - does that count? Hehe

#2749 4 years ago

Lots of stardew valley and Tetris 99. Recently I've been playing a lot of Celeste.

Screenshot_20191219-221459_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191219-221459_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2750 4 years ago

I'm in. Just saw this thread. Purchased a Switch on Black Friday and have done nothing but played Zelda BotW since.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/55?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.