q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 89.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah, bought a game the other day from them and kinda forgot how they do that. and then you have to take that damn sticky ass sticker off and the residue sticks to the games you put next to it and you scratch up the case half the time trying to take the sticker off. pretty lame and pretty easy to avoid.

I got the display copy, too. For $10 tho -I’m not complaining.

Big eShop sale started today. Almost 900 games on sale!!! I’ve already bought 4 lol

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I freaking HATE how GS, opens ALL their new games, and puts the blank case on the shelf. YA THIS ISN'T NEW NOW. Its not NIB, it is opened. jfc. So I went to buy mine and they lost the case. He finally found it but 10 min later. If he was going to offer that game to me at new price with only the cart....heck no. Sooo irritating. leave one on the shelf empty, or hell print the stupid sleeve out for a blank case, and leave the sealed in back...wow easy. ugh...rant over.

I worked at Gamestop during the original Xbox era around 2000. An interesting perk to being employed there was getting to check out the new games, as in take them home to play. Since they opened the games, there was never an issue with checking out the newest games on day one. When we sold the opened game, we were supposed to put a clear circular sticker across the opening of the case and THAT was supposed to be the indicator that it hadn't been opened yet if someone wanted to return it. I would take home a brand new, unopened game, open it, play it, and take it back. We were basically selling a game that had been opened and played as brand new. No way I'd want to buy brand new from them at this point in my life.

There were definitely shady practices going on at the store where I worked. We were supposed to sell Game Informer subscriptions and pre-orders (and got nothing for it, personally). Apparently none of the magazines we had on the shelf were in inventory, so if someone wanted to buy a $10+ magazine, we'd give it to them for free and charge them $10 for a subscription to GI. The shadier practice was with pre-orders. Pre-orders were just printed receipts with actual $5 or so store credit bar codes that would be scanned when the person came back to pickup and pay for the rest of the game. These just sat in a shoebox behind the counter. I had an assistant manager who would have us take older pre-order credits that hadn't been picked up yet and buy pre-orders for the newest games with them. Our store met quota all the time and was one of the best performers in our district...

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

We were supposed to sell Game Informer subscriptions and pre-orders (and got nothing for it, personally).

I worked at FuncoLand, before they all turned into GameStop. We also had to push the Game Informer subscriptions...but we got commission. Also got commission for selling cleaning kits. I think it was $2 per item. During Xmas I cleaned up...The mag subscription also got you 10% off for the year, so anyone spending $100, the sub paid for itself already & was an easy add-on. Cleaning kits extended the used game & system warranty, so people usually would buy those, too.

#2654 4 years ago

On a totally unrelated note, have any of you discovered old games from years ago are now worth a few bucks?

Apparently my copy of Illbleed for the Dreamcast is hard to find and selling for $100 on eBay. Funny because I paid $15 for it on eBay and hated it, shelved it, and forgot I had it.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

On a totally unrelated note, have any of you discovered old games from years ago are now worth a few bucks?
Apparently my copy of Illbleed for the Dreamcast is hard to find and selling for $100 on eBay. Funny because I paid $15 for it on eBay and hated it, shelved it, and forgot I had it.

Yup. I sold my entire SNES & Genesis Collection...since I kept my boxes & documents, I had games people were giving me up to $400 for. I had a loose GBA Ninja Five-O cart that I got almost $200 for.

The collector scene is NUTS. I’m perfectly happy playing my old games on an Everdrive or ODE, so if someone wants to throw crazy cash at me for old games, I’m taking it.

#2656 4 years ago

I tend to just give away all my old systems and games. It's funny though during the N64 era I was particularly poor and those games seemed crazy expensive so I kept that system and all my games. Gamecube I went right back to just giving away it all away again. I do still have my PS3 but the Xbox360 got donated. Did a quick search and not even the red blood gold Zelda seems to be worth anything, I guess I kept the wrong era.

#2657 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

It's funny how nostalgia and game prices continue to do their thing. It seemed like Dreamcast games were never going to be worth anything since everyone was downloading the games back in the day, now it's hot. Original Xbox games are starting to increase in value too. Soon PS3 and 360 games will be retro.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It's funny how nostalgia and game prices continue to do their thing. It seemed like Dreamcast games were never going to be worth anything since everyone was downloading the games back in the day, now it's hot.

That’s the interesting thing...after seeing a few Youtubers amass huge collections, viewers all want to do that too. It’s not about PLAYING the old games, it’s more about the thrill of the hunt and displaying your “prizes” on a shelf. It’s not too unlike some people in pinball, really.

I love having my old hardware, but playing off Flash carts yields the same gameplay experience & reduces clutter. Once I get around to one of those SD card solutions for Saturn & Dreamcast, I’ll prob sell all of my original discs...they jeep climbing in value.

#2659 4 years ago

My daughter is pestering me for this this thing and I just read something about Black Friday deals trying to fools morons like myself into buying the crappy one which looks just like the good one with a huge battery...how do you identify the big battery model?

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

My daughter is pestering me for this this thing and I just read something about Black Friday deals trying to fools morons like myself into buying the crappy one which looks just like the good one with a huge battery...how do you identify the big battery model?

Solid red box is v2.

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The original isn’t crappy. I think the screen on it looks better. A tad more battery life isn’t that big of a deal.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original isn’t crappy. I think the screen on it looks better. A tad more battery life isn’t that big of a deal.

If they were the same cost, I’d take the new one. If the old one was cheaper, then ya maybe. But man I hear the new one has a few more hours of battery which is worth it alone

#2663 4 years ago

Got windjammers ordered today, crazy excited

#2664 4 years ago

My “Black Friday” haul (all online purchases). Should keep me busy for a few years lol

07538F17-CD93-412F-9259-A98D2F5C112B.jpeg07538F17-CD93-412F-9259-A98D2F5C112B.jpegC55C2098-9F48-401E-9EAF-2C3E87668C1E.jpegC55C2098-9F48-401E-9EAF-2C3E87668C1E.jpeg
#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My “Black Friday” haul (all online purchases). Should keep me busy for a few years lol[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a corpse character in the lot...come on, get some realism in there!

#2666 4 years ago

Decided to get a Switch last week after watching Smash Brothers online. Very fun game. I also picked up Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem Three Houses and ordered Zelda Breath Of The Wild off Amazon for $43. Probably should have waited for black Friday because I've been too busy with Smash to even try it. I could have saved 4 bucks when I got a 512gb sd card and Resident Evil Origins collection for 100. I played a little of Luigi and Fire Emblem. Luigi was a little slow but was picking up when it finally got to actual gameplay. Fire Emblem seems to be right up my alley but a huge time commitment.

#2667 4 years ago

I'm like 40 hours into fire emblem and it is awesome but been too busy to finish and I got just dance for the wife and she's been playing that a lot haha .

What was the deal on dead cells? I need to pick that up still (if the sale is still active!)

#2668 4 years ago

I bought my son a switch for Christmas and I’m extremely excited for him to open it for a couple reasons.

1. I know how excited he is going to be.

2. I really really really want to play it as well

#2669 4 years ago

Looking for some advice...I have an original Nintendo switch and I want to get a lite version. It’s the “Mario Odyssey” edition model which included a case and specific to this console joycons. Should I trade it in at GameStop or sell it via eBay?

#2670 4 years ago

This was like my least active black friday ever for games. I think with all the new consoles coming out next year the game releases were really light unfortunately, anything that was good I had bought already. Only bought one game. Typically I buy 3 to 10.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Solid red box is v2.

Thanks. Hoping Monday has a blowout deal somewhere

They say it’s like 40% more battery than the crappy one

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My “Black Friday” haul (all online purchases). Should keep me busy for a few years lol[quoted image][quoted image]

I want lion king and spyro, but man I don't have time to play them! where were they on sale?

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really want some physical versions of the Konami collections!

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Dead Cells is amazing.

I think it's a must. I can't play it in joycon portable mode, but I did flip out the kickstand and use a pro controller over the weekend at my family's. It's perfect for that.

Anyone have any other recommendations from the "roguelite" type?

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Dead Cells is amazing.

Yes it is, I’ve been trying to tell my switch friends for a long time, no one listens

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think it's a must. I can't play it in joycon portable mode, but I did flip out the kickstand and use a pro controller over the weekend at my family's. It's perfect for that.

Hollow knight

#2678 4 years ago

I do have Hollow Knight, but haven't really gotten to it yet.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I want lion king and spyro, but man I don't have time to play them! where were they on sale?

The Disney collection is $15 at Target thru Monday. Spyro is $25 at Target, too...also on Amazon.

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Looking for some advice...I have an original Nintendo switch and I want to get a lite version. It’s the “Mario Odyssey” edition model which included a case and specific to this console joycons. Should I trade it in at GameStop or sell it via eBay?

That’s prob considered a “collectors edition”. Sell it on eBay.

Why do you want to downgrade to Lite Switch?

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Enter the Gungeon is fantastic for a Smash TV/dungeon type rogue. On sale right now for $7.49

Robot Named Fight is a Metroid-clone rogue. Not on sale right now, but it has been for $2.

I really loved Flame in the Flood. It’s a crafting survival ...not sure if it’s considered rogue, but it’s randomly generated ever time you play. On sale for $5.24 right now.

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

What was the deal on dead cells? I need to pick that up still (if the sale is still active!)

It’s on sale for $17.49 on the eShop right now.

The physical edition with goodies was $20 at GameStop for 1 day only.

#2683 4 years ago

If you like turn based strategy, Into the Breach is a great rougelite as well.

#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s prob considered a “collectors edition”. Sell it on eBay.
Why do you want to downgrade to Lite Switch?

I spend 100% of the time in mobile mode and find the lite to be more comfortable. But now I’m thinking maybe I should just add the lite and keep the original.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I spend 100% of the time in mobile mode and find the lite to be more comfortable. But now I’m thinking maybe I should just add the lite and keep the original.

Same here, Im keeping the standard one for some few multiplayer games, mario kart and mario party mostly and buying a lite for myself. I never play solo games on tv but I’m very annoyed with the wiggly joycons and find it heavy too.

On a side note I also hope the lite doesn’t have the drift issue, 3 of my 4 joycons have it on the standard and its super annoying.

#2686 4 years ago

Love this system. I import games for it and have lots of funky controllers. The pinball sims are great too.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

On a side note I also hope the lite doesn’t have the drift issue, 3 of my 4 joycons have it on the standard and its super annoying.

I have replaced about 40 of those analog sticks for myself and other people. Amazon has a nice little kit with proper tools and replacement analogs for about 15 bucks. Those analogs are poor quality at best.

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have replaced about 40 of those analog sticks for myself and other people. Amazon has a nice little kit with proper tools and replacement analogs for about 15 bucks. Those analogs are poor quality at best.

Thanks for the tip, Ill take a look. I wasnt looking forward to replace crappy joycons with crappy joycons for 70$

#2689 4 years ago

Best arcade game purchase ever!

367E1371-6759-4EC2-9527-E4010F2296AD (resized).jpeg367E1371-6759-4EC2-9527-E4010F2296AD (resized).jpeg70A646C0-2F90-4734-9E68-36EE95D18BD7 (resized).jpeg70A646C0-2F90-4734-9E68-36EE95D18BD7 (resized).jpeg
#2690 4 years ago

I second that!

15754326906367438786944015313386 (resized).jpg15754326906367438786944015313386 (resized).jpg
#2691 4 years ago

Looks like a fancy pong?

#2692 4 years ago

haha windjammers is my fav multiplayer game of all time. I used to have 3 neo geos with 3 carts and would run tournaments in my basement. i only have 1 neo geo and 2 carts now. I have the windjammers limited run game on vita, ps4 and switch (all 3 variants lol) and the collectors edition of vita. Sucks there isnt more of an online community for it but there is a discord for windjammers wednesday for matchplay! you should check it out if you wanna play against people, thats the best time to find a match reasonably fast

#2693 4 years ago

Just picked one up this past weekend. I forgot how brutal Nintendo is with their game prices. Super Mario Odyssey came out 2 years ago....still $50.00 retail. Luckily my buddy let me borrow his copy.

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Just picked one up this past weekend. I forgot how brutal Nintendo is with their game prices. Super Mario Odyssey came out 2 years ago....still $50.00 retail. Luckily my buddy let me borrow his copy.

Check slickdeals or other deal sites before you buy. Target had BOTW and Mario for $30 each over the weekend.

#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Mario Odyssey is one of the best games ever made. 2 years doesn’t change that. Nintendo values their art. I would never buy another game company’s games at launch as I know they’ll be $20 in a month, but Nintendo games hold their value & price. Might as well get them when they come out! It’s smart business.

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mario Odyssey is one of the best games ever made.

I've owned my copy for about a year now. I haven't given it earnest gameplay, but it's also a game that I don't find myself wanting to load up either. I can't be the only one, right. What am I missing out on?

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've owned my copy for about a year now. I haven't given it earnest gameplay, but it's also a game that I don't find myself wanting to load up either. I can't be the only one, right. What am I missing out on?

Played it last night for a couple of hours. Really fun. Reminds me a lot of Super Mario 64. Nice open world, great graphics and gameplay variety. My only complaint is the gesture controls for the game. They are geared toward using the joycons undocked. I was playing with a wireless gamecube controller and some moves aren't available when using that controller.

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm with you I played it through till the end but it was pretty ho hum the entire way through. No real difficulty curve to speak off other than the old school platforming levels. No real discovery or magic as you uncover new worlds, it had a few moments but its no Mario 64. I would consider it for top ten 3D platformers. It's not even in the conversation of best games all time, in a word I would call it boring. I started out gathering every item but quickly lost interest I had to make an effort to play it to the end of the story and never touched it again.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I own it, got through some worlds. It's fine. I just don't find the 3d Mario controls all that fun. My favorite Mario game has always been, and I think probably will always be, Super Mario World. It's the pinnacle of Mario for me.

While I own and like the new 2d Marios, those also just don't seem to have the same feel as World to me.

#2700 4 years ago

Odyssey was good for a play through once for sure, but I had no reason to go back to it.

They really just need to re-release WiiU's Super Mario 3D World on the Switch..

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.