2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,149 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 minutes ago by Backyardace
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
638CAA96-4428-41FD-9FD8-C871AE8C414F.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
3667356B-DD40-4AAE-AE43-A968DAAF55A8.jpeg
34552099-138A-4F05-A5E4-363A1A9ED265.jpeg
DC5BC2DB-B8E7-46D7-9A50-D68EEC243660.jpeg
B86A78E9-6F0B-4ED2-98D0-4B0FD1A1DAE4.jpeg
9941489B-E0C7-4495-8C62-327BC0387005.jpeg
FB53185B-74F8-47EA-BA4E-7A199466F017.jpeg
BD8C4E87-D547-4F6B-A0C3-70420780E5C4.jpeg
7597B353-377E-4FFD-AC4B-3D6C7E90BEAC.jpeg
A0F16765-3C35-4FBD-A22D-A2E62EF94CDF.jpeg
5730706_rd (resized).jpg
7339FN1 (resized).jpg
Daniel Stern (resized).jpg
StreetsOfRage4_Switch_1512x (resized).png

There are 3149 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.
#2601 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals aren’t too far off. Should be able to get a sweet deal on a new one!

This is true I just don’t want to be potentially beaten to death to try and save $50 lol

#2602 5 months ago

"Black Friday" to me means online deals. If I can't get it online, I'm not getting it. There's a zero percent chance I'm waiting in line on the most glutenous holiday of the year to get a shitty version of a TV I didn't need for $20 off. I do feel like you can get some pretty decent video game deals online during that time, so at least wait until after that to buy anything, at least one of the switch consoles will still be available if you get in a pinch.

#2603 5 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This is true I just don’t want to be potentially beaten to death to try and save $50 lol

Oh yeah, no way I’m actually going anywhere - but it seems like the good deals are all online too now. Last year, every great video game deal I got was online.

#2604 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Those knockoffs usually ditch HD Rumble, amiibo, motion, etc.

Ya, but if you buy a $20 controller you can’t expect it all? It’s a good way to go if it is controller for spares. I personally would rock Nintendo pros

#2605 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, but if you buy a $20 controller you can’t expect it all? It’s a good way to go if it is controller for spares. I personally would rock Nintendo pros

Yeah I guess some people don’t care. I like the full feature set. Playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and there’s a cool feature where the controller pulses more when you get close to hidden Boos. How do they let you know where the Boos are on Switch Lite?

#2606 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah I guess some people don’t care. I like the full feature set. Playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and there’s a cool feature where the controller pulses more when you get close to hidden Boos. How do they let you know where the Boos are on Switch Lite?

Hmmmm, yeahhhhh.

#2607 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:Yeah I guess some people don’t care. I like the full feature set. Playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and there’s a cool feature where the controller pulses more when you get close to hidden Boos. How do they let you know where the Boos are on Switch Lite?

There are visual clues, the vacuum shakes. This is a bit of a collectathon that you have to cover the same ground several times. I don’t mind backtracking to open new areas but just searching the same rooms over again is just artificially adding length. Do the gems and Boos reward you with anything? I’ve been getting them all on every floor but man it’s slowing things down.

#2608 5 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There are visual clues, the vacuum shakes. This is a bit of a collectathon that you have to cover the same ground several times. I don’t mind backtracking to open new areas but just searching the same rooms over again is just artificially adding length. Do the gems and Boos reward you with anything? I’ve been getting them all on every floor but man it’s slowing things down.

Not sure. New baby = playing this game verrrry slowly lol

#2609 5 months ago

You can play classic NES and Super NES games on the Switch when you have an online account. My 12 y.o. son likes NES Ice Hockey though he gets pissed that he can't beat me. I loved that game when I was 12.

Anyway, I'm super impressed with the Switch. It's really well designed, implemented, and thought out. Only issue I had was the SD card crapped out and I had to redownload stuff. Make sure your game saves are backed to Nintendo cloud as well as the system.

I highly recommend it as a family system.

#2610 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does the switch lite have rumble but not hd rumble?

#2611 5 months ago

Do Pro Controllers still shed white dust and start drifting just as they go out of warranty?

#2612 5 months ago

If Star Wars pinball goes on sale for $20, is it worth picking up?

#2613 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does the switch lite have rumble but not hd rumble?

Switch Lite has zero rumble.

#2614 5 months ago

the black Friday ad for target has mario odyssey, zelda breath of the wild and mario aces tennis listed for $29.99 as well as a slew of other games (ps4, xb1, switch) for $15 (including killer queen black)

#2615 5 months ago

I bought one. Haven’t played console games in years with really any regularity. I’ve really enjoyed it as I can pick up and play for 30-60 min before bed and lay on the nightstand easily. Fits my adult schedule much better than the big consoles like ps4 or xbox. Currently playing Octopath Traveler and really enjoying, takes me back to my youth in its nostalgic 16 bit turn based way of play

#2616 5 months ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Currently playing Octopath Traveler

I loved this game so much. They confirmed there would be no expansion or DLC. I'm really hoping they make a 2ed one.

#2617 5 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the black Friday ad for target has mario odyssey, zelda breath of the wild and mario aces tennis listed for $29.99 as well as a slew of other games (ps4, xb1, switch) for $15 (including killer queen black)

Yeah, I’m gonna snag Aladdin/Lion King for $15, Spyro Trilogy for $25, and Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair for $20!

#2618 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I’m gonna snag Aladdin/Lion King for $15, Spyro Trilogy for $25, and Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair for $20!

Oh snaps. Those are good deals. They’re games I want but not bad enough to buy full retail

#2619 4 months ago

hopefully they will have em online too, f the crowds

#2620 4 months ago

If you are looking for a fun and accessible game to play with your kids I strongly recommend Luigi Mansion 3.
The story mode has a coop mode after about 40 minutes of solo play and can be played using one joycon. I find it easier for kids to move the joycon to aim instead of having a second stick.
The game is fun, easy and cooperative.

#2621 4 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

hopefully they will have em online too, f the crowds

They did last year. I got stacks of cheap games from BB & Target online for Black Friday.

#2622 4 months ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

If Star Wars pinball goes on sale for $20, is it worth picking up?

If you want a pinball game and don't have it yet - definitely pick up Yoku's Island express.

#2623 4 months ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

If you want a pinball game and don't have it yet - definitely pick up Yoku's Island express.

Just went on sale today on the eShop for $6.79!

#2624 4 months ago

Quoted from Rarehero:

Just went on sale today on the eShop for $6.79!

Thanks guys! Just started downloading yoku, super excited!

I also have a game voucher left and I can’t seem to make my mind up between sword/shield or Luigis mansion 3

#2625 4 months ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Thanks guys! Just started downloading yoku, super excited!
I also have a game voucher left and I can’t seem to make my mind up between sword/shield or Luigis mansion 3

Luigi - but i've never been into Pokemon so somewhat lopsided opinion.

However no one is "unhappy" with Luigi......while fans are split on Pokemon because.................. reasons I don't understand........pokedex something something........hate/rant death threats to developers (seriously - dev's have been getting death threats and company morale is in the toilet apparently).

#2626 4 months ago

I finally decided to play the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment when they came out on the Switch.

Baldur's Gate is pure perfection. They did a great thing with the controls and switching between the expansions is seamless.

I'm currently playing Planescape Torment and it is extremely buggy. Fonts become corrupted/go missing, characters disappear, etc. I'm about 3/4 through this playthrough (I think - never finished it before), and it's a struggle. When it works like Baldur's Gate, it's amazing. When it doesn't.... it's annoying.

The Baldur's Gate pack is a no brainer if you like AD&D RPGs. Some of the best computer role-playing games ever made, and they mostly stand the test of time.

Icewind Dale EE seems to be fine? I've played through a few chapters and haven't had these issues, so it's something specific to Torment. Hopefully they patch it before I'm done playing it...

#2627 4 months ago

Luigi - but i've never been into Pokemon so somewhat lopsided opinion.
However no one is "unhappy" with Luigi......while fans are split on Pokemon because.................. reasons I don't understand........pokedex something something........hate/rant death threats to developers (seriously - dev's have been getting death threats and company morale is in the toilet apparently).

The whole death threat thing is just the nature of the beast, I know lots of guys that have had to suffer through some crazy shit. I doubt it would have any impact on the team, happens all the time. I guess it might be new for Pokemon but I suspect they have just as many lunatic fanatics as any big title. So far I've been lucky, I have had some really weird and awkward interactions but so far they have all remained positive.

#2628 4 months ago

I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends. I didn't notice that I was ordering from a place with 2-5 business days delivery (read that as 5, if you're lucky). Meanwhile, it's cheaper on Amazon now with next day delivery

#2629 4 months ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends. I didn't notice that I was ordering from a place with 2-5 business days delivery (read that as 5, if you're lucky). Meanwhile, it's cheaper on Amazon now with next day delivery

I ordered and haven't gotten a shipping notification yet

#2630 4 months ago
Quoted from insx:

It came out? I’m looking on Amazon and there’s isn’t even a listing.

#2631 4 months ago

Picked up Luigi's Mansion for $42 so we'll see how that is. Looks pretty cool.

#2632 4 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Picked up Luigi's Mansion for $42 so we'll see how that is. Looks pretty cool.

It’s really fun, and gorgeous. Lots of atmosphere, puzzles & great boss fights. I’m about 12 hrs into it & I don’t think I’m near the end at all.

#2633 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It came out? I’m looking on Amazon and there’s isn’t even a listing.

It's [Bubble Bobble 4 Friends] out in Europe but for some reason other places have to wait until next year. I have to say though that as a huge fan of the original I'm totally underwhelmed. They just seem to have sucked all the magic out of it.

#2634 4 months ago

If you want to hear a good interview with the guys that founded Limited Run Games, Retronauts just did a podcast and they talk about some interesting topics that cover why they started the company to manufacturing issues etc.

#2635 4 months ago
Quoted from insx:

It's [Bubble Bobble 4 Friends] out in Europe but for some reason other places have to wait until next year. I have to say though that as a huge fan of the original I'm totally underwhelmed. They just seem to have sucked all the magic out of it.

That’s too bad. Was it developed by a Euro company & not Taito in Japan?

#2636 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s too bad. Was it developed by a Euro company & not Taito in Japan?

A company called Inin Games, yes European, I think.

#2638 4 months ago

I missed the Ninja Warriors “limited” pre-order,
but then it got a regular release anyway. Wonder if it’ll be the same with these.

#2639 4 months ago

GameStop’s got Yooka-Laylee & The Impossible Lair for $10 if you can find one!

Amazon’s got Spyro Trilogy for $25.

I’m in cheap platformer heaven!
4B3B0E17-6038-4693-8651-7308F53D3652 (resized).jpeg

#2640 4 months ago

Alien: Isolation will be out next week on Switch:

#2641 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

So I have the first yooka laylee, I heard they did some changes to another? Is this that one where they changed controls etc so it played better than a n64 version?

Did you play the first? Curious how the game is

#2642 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I have the first yooka laylee, I heard they did some changes to another? Is this that one where they changed controls etc so it played better than a n64 version?
Did you play the first? Curious how the game is

This Yooka is totally new and different. It’s a side scrolling platformer like Donkey Kong Country. I haven’t played it yet, but it got great reviews.

#2643 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This Yooka is totally new and different. It’s a side scrolling platformer like Donkey Kong Country. I haven’t played it yet, but it got great reviews.

Oh wow, I heard they changed it but never realized it was that much!

#2644 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh wow, I heard they changed it but never realized it was that much!

Played a few levels today. Very good, high quality just like DKC. 60fps smooth gameplay. If you can’t find it for $10, it’s gonna be $20 at Target. Still a great price considering it’s a new $40 game.

#2645 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Played a few levels today. Very good, high quality just like DKC. 60fps smooth gameplay. If you can’t find it for $10, it’s gonna be $20 at Target. Still a great price considering it’s a new $40 game.

Found it at a GameStop near work! I’ll swing by tomorrow, good stocking stuffer for myself

#2646 4 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Alien: Isolation will be out next week on Switch:

I love this game. By far the best game adaptation of the Alien movie and a fantastic survival horror game.

I think it deserves way more credit than it got.

#2647 4 months ago

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
$39.99 $25.99 (-35%)
Sale Ends 12/04/19 11:59 PM PT
From nintendo themselves.

I found yooka at GS! snagged the last one for 10 bucks!

#2648 4 months ago

man, we had a snowstorm and everything was closed down yesterday and now my gamestops are out of yooka laylee. was gonna snag on my lunch break today. boo.

but online you can get the sega genesis mini for $45 on gamestops deal of the day (i think its online only)

#2649 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

So I freaking HATE how GS, opens ALL their new games, and puts the blank case on the shelf. YA THIS ISN'T NEW NOW. Its not NIB, it is opened. jfc. So I went to buy mine and they lost the case. He finally found it but 10 min later. If he was going to offer that game to me at new price with only the cart....heck no. Sooo irritating. leave one on the shelf empty, or hell print the stupid sleeve out for a blank case, and leave the sealed in back...wow easy. ugh...rant over.

#2650 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I freaking HATE how GS, opens ALL their new games, and puts the blank case on the shelf. YA THIS ISN'T NEW NOW. Its not NIB, it is opened. jfc. So I went to buy mine and they lost the case. He finally found it but 10 min later. If he was going to offer that game to me at new price with only the cart....heck no. Sooo irritating. leave one on the shelf empty, or hell print the stupid sleeve out for a blank case, and leave the sealed in back...wow easy. ugh...rant over.

yeah, bought a game the other day from them and kinda forgot how they do that. and then you have to take that damn sticky ass sticker off and the residue sticks to the games you put next to it and you scratch up the case half the time trying to take the sticker off. pretty lame and pretty easy to avoid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 190.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
$ 19.95
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 22.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3149 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside