q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 89.
#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve never even heard of 1 & 2. How can I get excited for 3?
I’m busy playing The Ninja Saviors, the amazing update to the SNES classic Ninja Warriors!
[quoted image]

I received it too, not opened it yet but pretty excited.

#2552 4 years ago

Pre orders opening today for Battle Princess Madelyn Royal Edition:

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-50-battle-princess-madelyn-royal-edition-preorder

Switch-AssetTemplateSwitch_1512x (resized).pngSwitch-AssetTemplateSwitch_1512x (resized).png
#2553 4 years ago

I got Ring Fit Adventure today! So f’n cool - Nintendo keeps amazing me with the neat things they can do with the Joy-Con. The IR camera on the Right Joy-Con can take your pulse!!!!

I definitely need to get back into exercise, and this is a really fun way to do it...I never got into Wii Fit, but this is so cool because it’s a really fun and clever game combined with working out.

C64F966A-F071-4A5F-879E-F860AB5FB7B0.jpegC64F966A-F071-4A5F-879E-F860AB5FB7B0.jpeg
#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just finished Link's Awakening and loved it. Will likely list it soon, so if anyone here wants it for $48 shipped let me know.

I’ll take it if no one else has called dibs yet. PM me your PayPal info and I’ll send you Payment and my address. Thanks!

#2555 4 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I’ll take it if no one else has called dibs yet. PM me your PayPal info and I’ll send you Payment and my address. Thanks!

Great, sending PM now.

#2556 4 years ago

If anyone want's my copy of Links Awakening, I'll let it go as well. Just let me know.

#2557 4 years ago

Outer Worlds is awesome btw. Been playing it the last two days.

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Outer Worlds is awesome btw. Been playing it the last two days.

I need to play it some more. I have it on Xbox Gamepass for PC, which is a nice surprise that it was released on there day one. It was good what little I have played of it so far. I was sick most of the weekend and spent a lot of it on the couch and broke out my Wii U and played some Zelda Windwaker HD. Still an amazing game.

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I need to play it some more. I have it on Xbox Gamepass for PC, which is a nice surprise that it was released on there day one. It was good what little I have played of it so far. I was sick most of the weekend and spent a lot of it on the couch and broke out my Wii U and played some Zelda Windwaker HD. Still an amazing game.

I could never finish the Windwaker, for the same reason I couldn't finish GTA5...long travels of nothingness, causing me to fall asleep while playing it, lol. I played it on gamecube before cell phones and when you had to sail long distances I would just fall asleep. GTA5 I felt like I was commuting to work, same pass out effect.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I could never finish the Windwaker, for the same reason I couldn't finish GTA5...long travels of nothingness, causing me to fall asleep while playing it, lol. I played it on gamecube before cell phones and when you had to sail long distances I would just fall asleep. GTA5 I felt like I was commuting to work, same pass out effect.

I completely agree with the travel times on the original Windwaker, I got through it but the sailing was ridiculous. Didn't they fix it in the HD version allowing you to warp or something. Once was enough for me so I never played the remake.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I completely agree with the travel times on the original Windwaker, I got through it but the sailing was ridiculous. Didn't they fix it in the HD version allowing you to warp or something. Once was enough for me so I never played the remake.

The ability to warp was always there once you learned the song. The fix in the HD version, I believe was you didn’t have to change the wind direction every time with the swift sail.

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If I remember correctly, you could fast forward the sailing so it went much quicker.

#2563 4 years ago

The sailing was in lieu of lengthy load screens, yes yes? That's what I read long ago. I also didn't finish Windwaker, but that was primarily because I was using a borrowed GameCube.

Any recs on how to play Ocarina in the best resolution possible? I could fire up my OG N64, but would need to find an HDMI converter. Would gladly buy an HD remaster instead. Are you listening, Nintendo?

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The sailing was in lieu of lengthy load screens, yes yes? That's what I read long ago. I also didn't finish Windwaker, but that was primarily because I was using a borrowed GameCube.
Any recs on how to play Ocarina in the best resolution possible? I could fire up my OG N64, but would need to find an HDMI converter. Would gladly buy an HD remaster instead. Are you listening, Nintendo?

The 3DS remakes of Ocarina and Majora's Mask are the best versions IMO. Updated graphics and what not. That said, emulating the originals at a higher resolution will probably yield the best results.

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ocarina on 3DS is awesome. Looks gorgeous at that size & the 3D effect is super immersive. It’s not HD per se, but feels like it compared to the original. Better textures and color.

#2566 4 years ago

The ending of windwaker was the best ending of any game I have ever played

#2567 4 years ago

I am officially in the market for a WiiU now.

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I am officially in the market for a WiiU now.

Great console. I see many on fb market for cheap

#2569 4 years ago

Wii u has some amazing first party titles... But Nintendo ported most of em to switch now lol. My Wii u is my Netflix player in the living room these days.

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wii u has some amazing first party titles... But Nintendo ported most of em to switch now lol. My Wii u is my Netflix player in the living room these days.

Yeah I have a feeling the only things that prob won’t be ported are Splatoon 1 & Mario Maker 1. Everything else is fair game. I bet the HD Zeldas will get ported & Super Mario 3D World as well.

#2571 4 years ago

I got mine off of ebay cheap last year. Did the custom firmware and hooked up a portable HD and don't have to mess with discs anymore. I mainly got it to play Wii games, but I have been enjoying the HD Zelda's, 3D world and The Wonderful 101.

#2572 4 years ago

How come nobody is talking about Luigi's Mansion? That game looks pretty sweet!

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've been playing little bits here and there. It starts slow, but thats how they get you into the story and game play/controls. I really enjoy it! if you liked the gamecube one, you'll enjoy this. As the IGN review said, it is the best ghostbusters game ever made.....coop is the icing on the cake

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've been playing little bits here and there. It starts slow, but thats how they get you into the story and game play/controls. I really enjoy it! if you liked the gamecube one, you'll enjoy this. As the IGN review said, it is the best ghostbusters game ever made.....coop is the icing on the cake

I have never played a Luigi's Mansion game but I'm considering picking this one up.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have never played a Luigi's Mansion game but I'm considering picking this one up.

I haven’t played a full game of any of them, but when I got my GameCube controllers on my wii I got it for GCN and played about 30-60 min of it. Fun game, good puzzles, hard sometimes but really feels like a ghost busting game. If you like ghostbusters or any MARIO/puzzle game, you’ll enjoy it

Edit: wiiu sorry.

#2576 4 years ago

I bet someone posted this already but here is a trailer for flipper/pinball mechanic

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is great. Having a great time with it. About 6 hours in and like it more than the Mario game.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

It is great. Having a great time with it. About 6 hours in and like it more than the Mario game.

did you enjoy chasing that stupid cat? I only have a few issues with the game, but they are pretty small for how great the game is.

some puzzle/chasing is almost too hard, the low life noise is annoying.

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I bet someone posted this already but here is a trailer for flipper/pinball mechanic

I'm confused about the purpose of this game....

#2580 4 years ago

So my 9 yr old is wanting a switch for Christmas. Any thoughts on switch vs switch lite? Seems like aside from cost, regular is the way to go. Also, what controller is recommended if I want up to 4 players?

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So my 9 yr old is wanting a switch for Christmas. Any thoughts on switch vs switch lite? Seems like aside from cost, regular is the way to go. Also, what controller is recommended if I want up to 4 players?

Switch regular just has so many more features and versatility. It’s already portable, so the only benefit is Switch Lite is “cheaper & smaller”. You lose these functions:

-Dock to TV
-HD Rumble
-Removable/replaceable Joy-Cons
-Labo & Ring Fit compatibility (or any game that requires the Joy-Cons to be separated)

If you want multiplayer, again, regular Switch is the way to go. The Joy-Cons already detach for 2 player ability. 2 more Joy-Cons gives you 4...but if you want full sized controllers for multiplayer, the Nintendo Pro Controller is fantastic.

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I especially love the part where the side of the cabinet folds down and he throws a welder underneath all willy-nilly without even looking. 3 completely wrong things in a span of 2 seconds. Can't wait to watch a review.

How much time (read: zero) did these devs even spend on an actual machine? It's clear they spent none. Laughable.

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Switch regular just has so many more features and versatility. It’s already portable, so the only benefit is Switch Lite is “cheaper & smaller”. You lose these functions:
-Dock to TV
-HD Rumble
-Removable/replaceable Joy-Cons
-Labo & Ring Fit compatibility (or any game that requires the Joy-Cons to be separated)
If you want multiplayer, again, regular Switch is the way to go. The Joy-Cons already detach for 2 player ability. 2 more Joy-Cons gives you 4...but if you want full sized controllers for multiplayer, the Nintendo Pro Controller is fantastic.

Thanks rare. I didn't realize the joycons were individual (2 separate) controllers. I was thinking they were like the Wii nunchuk controls. Thanks. This is exactly what I was thinking as far as which to get. One other question, do lite systems link up with standard switches if a friend has the opposite system and wants to play multiplayer?

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Fix games, make a living, get cash.... hahha idk. Seems like an odd indie game but sometimes these random ones do well, like the goose one. We will see when it comes out, I'll watch some reviews, but I should probably spend time fixing my real games, than fixing virtual games....

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks rare. I didn't realize the joycons were individual (2 separate) controllers. I was thinking they were like the Wii nunchuk controls. Thanks. This is exactly what I was thinking as far as which to get. One other question, do lite systems link up with standard switches if a friend has the opposite system and wants to play multiplayer?

Yes the lite will link for multiplayer.
I think of it like this. The regular should be system 1. If you have kids or spouse that also wants to play, get the lite as the families 2nd system. You can share digital bought games and the 2nd is probably used for more on the go anyway. Otherwise I can't justify the price and feature drop.

#2586 4 years ago

Ok. Thanks again for the info guys. I'll be watching Black Friday deals for a standard then. Thanks.

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did you enjoy chasing that stupid cat? I only have a few issues with the game, but they are pretty small for how great the game is.
some puzzle/chasing is almost too hard, the low life noise is annoying.

The controls are driving me a little nuts, motion controls are reversed but no way to invert look with the sticks, WTF Nintendo. I ended up going with turn only and using motion but I've been avoiding playing hoping they patch it. I don't mind motion control on TV but I hate it playing handheld.

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks rare. I didn't realize the joycons were individual (2 separate) controllers. I was thinking they were like the Wii nunchuk controls. Thanks

It’s like this - a L & R Joy-Con together on the system or included Joy-Con grip act like a regular PS or Xbox controller.

Separated, you can turn them to the side and use them as a mini controller. It’s not as good as a full controller, but it totally works for quick multiplayer sessions in almost any game.

Some games also have other configurations, kinda like the Nunchuck style you’re thinking of. For instance on ARMS, you can hold one in each hand to punch, move and block.
A34D16EA-E62C-4B5F-88F7-2DC062F80C66 (resized).jpegA34D16EA-E62C-4B5F-88F7-2DC062F80C66 (resized).jpegB4AACA94-E786-46D5-83D2-1CEEE94D0D12 (resized).jpegB4AACA94-E786-46D5-83D2-1CEEE94D0D12 (resized).jpegF2F0A6FC-E8B4-4123-B89C-4F369EDA93F5 (resized).jpegF2F0A6FC-E8B4-4123-B89C-4F369EDA93F5 (resized).jpeg

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Ok. Thanks again for the info guys. I'll be watching Black Friday deals for a standard then. Thanks.

There are actually two versions of the « normal » switch. Nintendo released a new one recently with a much improved battery life, it’s the double now. And it was needed the old version really performs poorly. Also they fixed the annoying issue of the controllers losing connexion.
There will probably be some deals on the old one but consider getting the new one it’s usually referred to as v2 by retailers.

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There are actually two versions of the « normal » switch. Nintendo released a new one recently with a much improved battery life, it’s the double now. And it was needed the old version really performs poorly. Also they fixed the annoying issue of the controllers losing connexion.
There will probably be some deals on the old one but consider getting the new one it’s usually referred to as v2 by retailers.

That's really good to know. Thanks

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's really good to know. Thanks

The new Switch box is all red (above) and the old Switch has the white background (below). They are typically the same price and the new one is much improved.
New (resized).pngNew (resized).png

So stay away from this one
old (resized).pngold (resized).png

#2592 4 years ago

What grips are people using for portable mode? The angle of the buttons annoy me, and I play in that mode more often. I think it's time to grab something, but there are a ton of options..

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What grips are people using for portable mode? The angle of the buttons annoy me, and I play in that mode more often. I think it's time to grab something, but there are a ton of options..

This is what I'm using. I can't play without a grip. My thumbs start falling asleep after about 10 minutes. This is a must-have (or at least something like this).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNJJG5V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The new Switch box is all red (above) and the old Switch has the white background (below). They are typically the same price and the new one is much improved.
[quoted image]
So stay away from this one
[quoted image]

Perfect. Thank you.

#2595 4 years ago

I found using the joycons in the combined controller set up to feel awkward. I bought the Nintendo dedicated controllers and feel they are much better.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I found using the joycons in the combined controller set up to feel awkward. I bought the Nintendo dedicated controllers and feel they are much better.

I love the Nintendo pro controller. But they make dongles to sync your Xbox or ps4 controller to a switch! Otherwise there are some pretty sweet “pro” knock off controllers for $20-30

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I love the Nintendo pro controller. But they make dongles to sync your Xbox or ps4 controller to a switch! Otherwise there are some pretty sweet “pro” knock off controllers for $20-30

Those knockoffs usually ditch HD Rumble, amiibo, motion, etc.

#2598 4 years ago

I can vouch for the 8bitdo dongle. My DS4 syncs up perfectly with the switch and works great for an extra controller. Also works for connection my DS4 to the PC wirelessly.

#2599 4 years ago

Considering buying a switch for my family. Don’t mind if it’s used. If anyone has a switch they don’t play anymore feel free to PM me.

#2600 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Considering buying a switch for my family. Don’t mind if it’s used. If anyone has a switch they don’t play anymore feel free to PM me.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals aren’t too far off. Should be able to get a sweet deal on a new one!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/52?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.