q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 89.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

same guy just reskinned and renamed. some legal dispute with tysons camp back in the day. There is Mike Tysons Punch Out and Punch Out for the NES
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh ok gotcha. One game that i wish they would put on the switch is the original RBI Baseball. That game was so much fun.

#2202 4 years ago

Cadence of Hyrule is really good and pretty difficult. Beautiful game with amazing music.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cadence of Hyrule is really good and pretty difficult. Beautiful game with amazing music.

I'm loving it ! Might stream it on twitch tonight in a few

#2204 4 years ago

Anyone in Australia wanna pre-order me the collectors edition of Link's Awakening

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/nintendo-switch/252816-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-limited-edition

Gamestop Ireland has it too but neither ship out of country

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/72321

#2205 4 years ago

Found a Tingle Mini Game in Cadence of Hyrule last night on the twitch stream
Clipped it here on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byso7A5HyAc/

Such a fun, quirky game that totally feels like Zelda while not feeling like Zelda haha. They nailed the art and music on this one

#2206 4 years ago

Found a Tingle Mini Game in Cadence of Hyrule last night on the twitch stream
Clipped it here on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byso7A5HyAc/
Such a fun, quirky game that totally feels like Zelda while not feeling like Zelda haha. They nailed the art and music on this one

Dang, I'm such a cheap-ass with digital games, I was gonna wait for a sale...but super tempted to just bite.

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I'm such a cheap-ass with digital games, I was gonna wait for a sale...but super tempted to just bite.

i was a little taken aback at the price tag for it but own every zelda release haha so I had to do it. First digital purchase for me and I've had switch day one.

hopefully they make a physical release someday, maybe limited run games or someone out there can make it happen. seems like a no-brainer that it would sell well.

#2208 4 years ago

Can't wait to play Cadence tonight. I bought it last night but got wrapped up watching the Raptors.

I'm a sucker for music games. They need to remake Gitaroo man for switch. That game was great on PSP.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Can't wait to play Cadence tonight. I bought it last night but got wrapped up watching the Raptors.
I'm a sucker for music games. They need to remake Gitaroo man for switch. That game was great on PSP.

I love Gitaroo Man so much...I hope they can port it to Switch! Katamari sold well...Switch players like weird games!

#2210 4 years ago

It would be nice to have a decent newer hockey game for the Switch. Why doesn't EA do much business with Nintendo, other than FIFA?

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It would be nice to have a decent newer hockey game for the Switch. Why doesn't EA do much business with Nintendo, other than FIFA?

have you seen this?

its not like madden or fifa hockey but maybe youll enjoy it

#2212 4 years ago

I actually saw a Dreamcast emulator has been released for shady Switch consoles. I thought for sure I'd get to play NHL 2k, but of course, sports games don't run well on it. Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are good though. I'll check that game out for a more legit hockey fix. Mutant Football League is also good since its ancestor is Mutant League Football from the Sega Genesis, which was based on the old Madden engine from back then.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I actually saw a Dreamcast emulator has been released for shady Switch consoles. I thought for sure I'd get to play NHL 2k, but of course, sports games don't run well on it. Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are good though. I'll check that game out for a more legit hockey fix. Mutant Football League is also good since its ancestor is Mutant League Football from the Sega Genesis, which was based on the old Madden engine from back then.

I’m still waiting for someone to remake powerstone. 4 player local fighting game with coop modes. Perfect fit for the switch!

#2214 4 years ago

have you seen this?

its not like madden or fifa hockey but maybe youll enjoy it

Fun game. It’s like NES Hockey on roids....no online play is super lame tho.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I’m still waiting for someone to remake powerstone. 4 player local fighting game with coop modes. Perfect fit for the switch!

I haven't tried it on the emulator, but the list for games says Powerstone works fine on it.

#2216 4 years ago

Sadly sports games on Switch are just not a good investment. The hardware does not allow for parity so you get a lesser product and it doesn’t sell. The online community is also nowhere near parity and that is the driving force behind sports.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sadly sports games on Switch are just not a good investment. The hardware does not allow for parity so you get a lesser product and it doesn’t sell. The online community is also nowhere near parity and that is the driving force behind sports.

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? Thats the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? Thats the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

Kinda doubt it since it used mlbpa player names/likeness’

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Kinda doubt it since it used mlbpa player names/likeness’

I forgot about that. Man that sucks

#2220 4 years ago

i used to play RBI Baseball 3 with my dad. Only game he ever really played with me. I would let him stay in the game until the 8th or 9th then pour it on and win. I felt like if I beat him too bad he wouldnt ever play with me again hah.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? That's the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

I don't really know much about baseball video games. The licensing is pretty crazy and kinda killed the genre outside of Sony.

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Catan on the switch!

Anyone played this yet?

#2224 4 years ago

Finally joined the Switch Club a few days ago. Just have Mario Odyssey that came bundled, will be getting Mario Kart and Zelda soon although we've played Zelda a lot on our Wii U already. Remembering what makes Nintendo so fun. Wish the store had more of the classics in it.

#2225 4 years ago

Target has a bunch of switch games at 30% off with in store pick up. Including new releases. I just bought a few new titles.

#2226 4 years ago

The physical copy of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night was released on the Switch today. I've been following this for a while now. Going to pick up a copy at my local Wally World!

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The physical copy of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night was released on the Switch today. I've been following this for a while now. Going to pick up a copy at my local Wally World!

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

None of the original classic side scrollers ran at 60fps... Talking NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 era here. Modern games sure, but if its animated at 30fps, being displayed at 60 gets you nothing.

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

get it at best buy and get the free steel book case

20190625_130316 (resized).jpg20190625_130316 (resized).jpg

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's its just a matter of horse power, sure games like Cuphead that are purely sprite based are going to be the same. That is a rarity though, anything 3D, with particle effects and shading is going to have concessions on switch. Especially now that games are updated for the X/Pro and those are what everyone is going to compare against. The Switch was a week late so they obviously put extra time on it and we still may get lucky with a patch. I still went for the Switch version, Metroidvania just feels at home on Nintendo. It won't be as bad as the internet makes it out to be.

#2231 4 years ago

get it at best buy and get the free steel book case
[quoted image]

They didnt have it at Walmart so I ordered on Amazon as I was walking out. It said In stock-ready for pickup online too.

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They didnt have it at Walmart so I ordered on Amazon as I was walking out. It said In stock-ready for pickup online too.

order from best buy and get the steel book man!!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-nintendo-switch/6346504.p?skuId=6346504

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

None of the original classic side scrollers ran at 60fps... Talking NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 era here. Modern games sure, but if its animated at 30fps, being displayed at 60 gets you nothing.

Framerate of all the old classics...the Marios, Mega Mans, Castlevanias, etc...all ran at 60fps. There's a difference between overall framerate and frames of character animation. Mega Man has a 3 frame run cycle...but the game still scrolls at 60fps.

#2234 4 years ago

the only thing that I didn't care about the steel book is that it's not the same size as the other switch steel books, but rather the size of a dvd/blu-ray case

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the only thing that I didn't care about the steel book is that it's not the same size as the other switch steel books, but rather the size of a dvd/blu-ray case

yeah, its cross made for the disc games. when you open it up its a dvd steelbook with a plastic flap added in for the switch cartridge. nice thing about being bigger is more art tho i guess. no reason not to get it when its free tho haha

#2236 4 years ago

yeah, its cross made for the disc games. when you open it up its a dvd steelbook with a plastic flap added in for the switch cartridge. nice thing about being bigger is more art tho i guess. no reason not to get it when its free tho haha

I've always thought that having the steel book adds value to the game, but in reality no one is going to pay more for it than a game without one

Saves me a trip out to Best Buy when I have Amazon Prime and it gets delivered tomorrow. I can pick it up from my mailbox in my underwear. Can't do that at Best Buy

Plus I'm cheap and it's $32 on Amazon right now.

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've always thought that having the steel book adds value to the game, but in reality no one is going to pay more for it than a game without one
Saves me a trip out to Best Buy when I have Amazon Prime and it gets delivered tomorrow. I can pick it up from my mailbox in my underwear. Can't do that at Best Buy
Plus I'm cheap and it's $32 on Amazon right now.

I'm the opposite I hate those steel books, they just look so weird on the shelf. I want the legit case and will not buy a steel book. I do wonder if some of the alternate or regional covers will be collectible one day.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm the opposite I hate those steel books, they just look so weird on the shelf. I want the legit case and will not buy a steel book. I do wonder if some of the alternate or regional covers will be collectible one day.

you still get the game in the regular retail packaging. the steel book is an additional bonus (at least it's always been that way so far with best buy and all of the switch games that I've gotten a steel book with

but tell me that you wouldn't want this steelbook that comes bundled with the eu limited edition release of link's awakening, (nintendo of europe kicks @ss again with their limited edition)
s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#2239 4 years ago

people are selling just the best buy steel book for 30-40 on ebay yesterday when i looked. almost just bought another copy to sell them separate but im lazy and dont care that much

heres on that just ended for 36.95
ebay.com link: Bloodstained Ritual of The Night Switch PS4 XBOX ONE EMPTY Steelbook Case G2

#2240 4 years ago

that's like the first limited games sigil beast box (doom wad by john romero) that went up on ebay. the $166 retail cost title ended up selling for over $1400!

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you still get the game in the regular retail packaging. the steel book is an additional bonus (at least it's always been that way so far with best buy and all of the switch games that I've gotten a steel book with
but tell me that you wouldn't want this steelbook that comes bundled with the eu limited edition release of link's awakening, (nintendo of europe kicks @ss again with their limited edition)
[quoted image]

I wish I lived in Europe to get one of these. I tried all the sites but no dice.
probably splurge on it on ebay later

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]

You got me with that Zelda steel book, its awesome. The standard Best Buy steel books no thanks. That Bloodstained massively over sized switch case is hideous, well the art is nice folded open but I'm not a fan of the disk and cartridge holder.

#2243 4 years ago

Who got Mario Maker 2? Someone try my level and let me know if it’s still there. Wondering if it got banned for the name lol

A2F72120-FEA7-4F28-A8CC-D92DF62AE31E.jpegA2F72120-FEA7-4F28-A8CC-D92DF62AE31E.jpeg
#2244 4 years ago

How is Mario maker 2? Looks pretty awesome.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Very addicting & tons to do. You can play Nintendo’s courses, maker’s courses, make your own, play online with or against people, search for different styles of courses, do challenges....it’s kind of a never ending game!

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I am liking it quite a bit.

#2247 4 years ago

Just got in on Mario Maker, loving it so far. Really looking forward to Phantasy Star Online coming though and if we could get Sea of Thieves that would be awesome.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Quoted from V_piscopo:

I am liking it quite a bit.

Is it worth it is you plan to never build a level? Are there a bunch of levels that you can just play offline?

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Is it worth it is you plan to never build a level? Are there a bunch of levels that you can just play offline?

There are 100 levels (maybe more) in the "Story mode", and even if you don't build any - if you are online, there will just be unlimited levels to play that other people are making.

Also, I forget if this was mentioned in this thread. But if you have Twitch Prime (free with Amazon Prime), you can get a FREE year of Nintendo Online...it works even if you're paying for it already, it just stacks onto your subscription.

Even if you don't have any online games, it allows you to download & play the NES games and Tetris 99 for free.

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

#2250 4 years ago

I have the WiiU SMM and bought SMM2 as well....even better than the first one. I don’t get into the stage building but the online community is huge and you’ll never get bored if you enjoy 2D Mario games. The story mode is a nifty idea...creative, fun stages.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/45?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.