2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,310 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Pinballerchef
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3E7B095B-5046-49CD-B7BB-E1FC191328D9 (resized).png
EC05D553-57EE-4EE3-8227-9EB6907BA764 (resized).png
881A0C13-CC88-45FA-85C9-3E5CB8890737 (resized).jpeg
0BE07796-4910-472F-AA9B-B2A0B6E16E6D (resized).jpeg
363E74EC-5BB7-46D8-8192-AB757994AAF2 (resized).jpeg
E046AC42-CD75-4681-94D4-84E672873883 (resized).jpeg
39A44D9A-0A01-40C9-858D-B910537BF27C (resized).jpeg
5D59B2BD-0A56-46CD-8F0A-B70A1928F903 (resized).jpeg
B5DA974C-C2D6-4C50-902F-EBE42AEA9142 (resized).jpeg
lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
acmc (resized).jpg
92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg
687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg
A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg

There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.
#2151 1 year ago

I have played Steamworld 1,2 as well as Cursed Kingdom. Dragons trap is just another port/remake. There is a lot of smaller titles on Switch but I’m not really in to indies. Nintendo is just so slow creating content. Since I skipped the Wii U I would be happy with Pikmin, shit I would take Twilight Princess but the endless Final Fantasies and Resident Evils, enough already.

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have played Steamworld 1,2 as well as Cursed Kingdom. Dragons trap is just another port/remake. There is a lot of smaller titles on Switch but I’m not really in to indies. Nintendo is just so slow creating content. Since I skipped the Wii U I would be happy with Pikmin, shit I would take Twilight Princess but the endless Final Fantasies and Resident Evils, enough already.

So you only want games specifically for the Switch then? So Nintendo first party titles only?

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

So you only want games specifically for the Switch then? So Nintendo first party titles only?

Why else would you buy a Switch? If it’s a major release and has been available on other hardware I’ve probably played it already. Also the Switch version is going to be inferior. Yes I would love a steady stream of Nintendo titles and less remakes and ports.

#2154 1 year ago

I need to get Mario maker 2! My family all loves the 1st one.
It comes out 6/28!

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why else would you buy a Switch? If it’s a major release and has been available on other hardware I’ve probably played it already. Also the Switch version is going to be inferior. Yes I would love a steady stream of Nintendo titles and less remakes and ports.

Not everyone has other hardware. I love all these indie games - they’re all new to me! Plus you can’t take games on the go easily with other hardware. That’s what makes Switch the best! Cuphead is exactly the same on Switch as Xbone. Not everything is inferior.

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

No one makes first party titles at that pace. Takes at least a year to make a quality game. Closer to two. No ones figured out how to churn software out at that rate. Nintendo Sony Microsoft or any.

You should play more pinball and less video games.

#2157 1 year ago

No one makes first party titles at that pace. Takes at least a year to make a quality game. Closer to two. No ones figured out how to churn software out at that rate. Nintendo Sony Microsoft or any.
You should play more pinball and less video games.

Other hardware gets major titles from other parties, switch not so much. i love Nintendo but its pretty slow, when is the next major release? Plenty of companies put out several major games a year.

#2158 1 year ago

If you haven’t tried Yokus Island Express then go do so now. It’s a pinball/platformer. It doesn’t sound like it should work, but it’s awesome.

Any tips on figuring out where to go next as opposed to getting hopelessly lost?

#2159 1 year ago

Any news on Killer Queen Black coming out on switch yet? I know its announced, just waiting for release date.
I need news on this. Really love the stand up arcade version.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from insx:

Any tips on figuring out where to go next as opposed to getting hopelessly lost?

The map does a pretty good job of telling you destinations for quests.

#2161 1 year ago

Ben 10 on the switch is a hidden gem in my opinion.

1 week later
#2162 1 year ago

Just bought ff7 and re4. Still have not finished like 7 different games......dance card is officially full!

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Any news on Killer Queen Black coming out on switch yet? I know its announced, just waiting for release date.
I need news on this. Really love the stand up arcade version.

End of August, you can preorder the physical release on amazon now

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

End of August, you can preorder the physical release on amazon now

I have been playing the beta on PC. Very cool game.

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have been playing the beta on PC. Very cool game.

It kept freezing on me this morning, I’ll try again this evening

#2166 1 year ago

I just downloaded RE4 Friday. Having a great time with it! Lots of good memories.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I just downloaded RE4 Friday. Having a great time with it! Lots of good memories.

I’m a little ashamed after complaining about all the ports but RE4 sucked me in. Great game but it’s weird that the opening village can be the hardest part.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

it’s weird that the opening village can be the hardest part.

True, it is challenging right from the start!

#2169 1 year ago

I got 100% completion on Yoku. I looked up 2 things after completing the main story to get to completion, but overall, most things weren't too difficult to figure out.

I didn't realize this until late in the game: you can jump off the bee line at every stopping point.

Anyway, it was a pretty fun game.

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I got 100% completion on Yoku. I looked up 2 things after completing the main story to get to completion, but overall, most things weren't too difficult to figure out.
I didn't realize this until late in the game: you can jump off the bee line at every stopping point.
Anyway, it was a pretty fun game.

I'm really trying to get into this game, but it seems like it's just a lot of errand running. Collect this, find that, go here then come back. Does it pick up? I don't know exactly how many hours I've played it, maybe 6? But it's not something that is pulling me in. Hollow Knight on the other hand...

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I played the shit out of RE4 when it was on the Gamecube. I've been tempted over and over again for all the different systems. I might have to go with the Switch though for the portability aspect.

#2172 1 year ago

It's nice for switch. I too played it for game cube but I really like the controller for switch .

#2173 1 year ago

I only have the "Grip" (No pro controller). Wondering if that'll make a big difference.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Collect this, find that, go here then come back. Does it pick up?

You get some different upgrades that allow access to new areas, but overall the quests are the same type of thing where you go somewhere, do something and come back. Once you open up all bee line paths, it's pretty quick traversing the entire map.

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only have the "Grip" (No pro controller). Wondering if that'll make a big difference.

pro controller will be the best switch purchase you make man! best controller ever!

#2176 1 year ago

I almost exclusively play my Switch in portable mode.

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

pro controller will be the best switch purchase you make man! best controller ever!

"I buy pinball machines but I'm a cheap bastard." LOL

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

"I buy pinball machines but I'm a cheap bastard." LOL

First purchase I made for mine was to buy two controllers. I definitely prefer playing with those.

#2179 1 year ago

After 120 hours on Octopath Traveler, it's time to say goodbye.

Mint condition, $38 shipped Paypal F&F to the lower 48.

#2180 1 year ago

I only found out today that Youtube is on the Switch. Cool!

#2181 1 year ago

Links Awakeing amiibo and some pokemon amiibo and solid snake up for preorder on best buy

they just listed links awakening dreamers edition as well for preorder

snagged with with gamer club
Dreamer-Edition (resized).jpg

The UK gets a way sweeter package... hopefully the come to the US too, or I can find a way to get one ordered!

3546108-link's awakening limited edition (resized).jpg

#2182 1 year ago

I really wish I knew why Nintendo UK has all these great promotional items that we don't get here...

I went to E3 yesterday, but it was an hour and a half line to play Zelda...F that noise. I played Luigi's Mansion 3 tho, very fun!

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really wish I knew why Nintendo UK has all these great promotional items that we don't get here...
I went to E3 yesterday, but it was an hour and a half line to play Zelda...F that noise. I played Luigi's Mansion 3 tho, very fun!

oh sweet! apparently they were giving away awesome links awakening key chains that people are selling for 70+ on ebay right now. saw some on instagram and was like oh sweet, then looked em up and like, uh no .

#2184 1 year ago

oh sweet! apparently they were giving away awesome links awakening key chains that people are selling for 70+ on ebay right now. saw some on instagram and was like oh sweet, then looked em up and like, uh no .

Yup, that's why the line was long...people want DAT SWAAAAG!!!! I got a Luigi's Mansion flashlight & a Marvel keychain. Good enough. Oh, and Charles Martinet was saying hi to everyone in regular Nintendo line & took pictures with everyone...very nice guy.

#2185 1 year ago

I've been thinking about firing up the original but wonder if it will spoil the remake. Anyone doing a GB run through before the Switch release?

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I've been thinking about firing up the original but wonder if it will spoil the remake. Anyone doing a GB run through before the Switch release?

Yup about halfway through. Been playing on my backlit Gameboy I don’t think it will really spoil anything. Might make it a bit easier but still fun.

6224B955-388B-4DE4-9A32-A360C58FD4B9 (resized).jpeg
#2187 1 year ago

LA still one of my favorite games. and getting prima to allow me to include the full world map as a pullout poster made my day

#2189 1 year ago

Cadence of Hyrule releases today... I purchased last night and preloaded it but it says it's not available to play yet...

Anyone else have this issue or is this normal for Nintendo downloaded games on release day?

#2190 1 year ago

That's about regular price on Amazon, so not "on sale" per se.

#2191 1 year ago

Cadence of Hyrule releases today... I purchased last night and preloaded it but it says it's not available to play yet...
Anyone else have this issue or is this normal for Nintendo downloaded games on release day?

EShop always updates at midnite & 9am PST. So, as of this post - it should be available in 3 minutes!

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

EShop always updates at midnite & 9am PST. So, as of this post - it should be available in 3 minutes!

no dice

still not available...

#2193 1 year ago

it is now live! yay

#2194 1 year ago

it is now live! yay

Weird that it was a bit late! I'm addicted to sale games, so I almostalways check the eShop at 12am and 9am....it's always fun to see if anything on my wish list has gone on sale!

#2195 1 year ago

Playing some Mike Tysons Punch out and Donkey Kong Jr. Do you guys ever play those two games?

#2196 1 year ago

Punch Out is a fav of mine, play it all the time. All the emulated versions seem pretty tough and it was hard enough on the NES. The arcade version is still my favorite. I can still easily beat the arcade version but it's been years since I beat the NES version.

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Punch Out is a fav of mine, play it all the time. All the emulated versions seem pretty tough and it was hard enough on the NES. The arcade version is still my favorite. I can still easily beat the arcade version but it's been years since I beat the NES version.

The free game that is on the switch is the dame game that was on the NES right? Did you ever beat Tyson? Hes a MF!

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The free game that is on the switch is the dame game that was on the NES right? Did you ever beat Tyson? Hes a MF!

you get the Mr Dream version and not the Tyson version. only way to play tyson is emulation or an NES

#2199 1 year ago

you get the Mr Dream version and not the Tyson version. only way to play tyson is emulation or an NES

Really? Is Mr. Dream really good like Tyson was? Ive never heard if him before? I stopped playing Nintendo after the NES and just recently got a Switch.

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really? Is Mr. Dream really good like Tyson was? Ive never heard if him before? I stopped playing Nintendo after the NES and just recently got a Switch.

same guy just reskinned and renamed. some legal dispute with tysons camp back in the day. There is Mike Tysons Punch Out and Punch Out for the NES
51TK9HNJ3PL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpgPunch-Out_Mr._Dream_boxart (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 159.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 11.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside