1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,021 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by riggy469
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dims (resized).jpg
Cadence-Hyrule_03-20-19 (resized).jpg
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg
AEE21181-F1C7-4C78-9494-28A7C5210803 (resized).jpeg
460290E9-0AE0-4D9A-A71D-EA2732D47596 (resized).jpeg
E400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpeg
file-22 (resized).png
file-12 (resized).png
20190117_172936 (resized).jpg
20190117_172931 (resized).jpg
AED82A2F-74C1-4DDA-891E-173CF22860D7.jpeg
20181210_144036 (resized).jpg
20181209_134701 (resized).jpg
249BDEA3-02D9-4028-91AE-FECE22818A87.jpeg
D50ADD85-23D4-4D0F-8DAF-F30EBED4D409.jpeg
F6523BCA-82A0-48AB-BE10-3142700F8E8A (resized).jpeg

There are 2021 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 41.
#1951 39 days ago

the nintendo direct was dope.

links awakening remake could be epic although not sure if im sold on the art style yet

#1952 39 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the nintendo direct was dope.
links awakening remake could be epic although not sure if im sold on the art style yet

Agreed on all fronts! Mario Maker 2 is kind of a surprise...I thought for sure they would just port the first one over. Would have been happy with that, but am thrilled with it being a sequel! Hopefully level sharing is easy and they can weed out the garbage effectively. Tetris 99...awesome. Can't wait to try it. Tsum Tsum Festival actually looks pretty fun for our family. More Captain Toad content is great! The price cuts combined with the new Star Fox content might actually push me to give Starlink a try. Loved Boxboy on 3DS, so definitely looking forward to it on Switch! I'm an amiibo junkie, so more is always good. And Zelda was a huge cherry on top. My Zelda loving daughter is over the moon about it. I'm not 100% sure on the art style, but it is cute.

Sure wish we would have gotten something about Metroid Prime Trilogy HD coming, but I guess you can't have everything!

#1953 39 days ago

I played the first mission od Daemon X Machina last night. Game looks gorgeous but still needs some polish. I am excited to complete the rest of the demo.

#1954 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Played a few games last night. It took me a game or two to get my brain back into "Tetris mode" I place 36th in my first game, but then 6th on my second game! The game works great with the clicky buttons on the joycons in the grip. Very fun!

I got 1st! Woo!

AEE21181-F1C7-4C78-9494-28A7C5210803 (resized).jpeg
#1955 39 days ago

I played Tetris 99 today. Every time I was getting somewhere, my Pro Controller D-pad let me down with an unwanted instant drop. I've had a go at modding the controller, otherwise it will be joy-cons for me. It is a very fun game and a very nice present from Nintendo.

#1956 39 days ago

yeah, downloaded tetris 99 but havent jammed on it yet. I think the zelda art is okay but Links face just bugs the shit outta me for some reason. but the worlds look nice, etc

#1957 39 days ago

yeah, downloaded tetris 99 but havent jammed on it yet. I think the zelda art is okay but Links face just bugs the shit outta me for some reason. but the worlds look nice, etc

Yeah, he looks like a Playmobile or Lego toy or something...I'm not sure why they went with this style. It's a little bit like Link Between Worlds...so I wonder if they started the development on 3DS & ported it mid development.

#1958 39 days ago

I don't mind the Zelda art style but I do not remember side scrolling moments with goombas that looks completely out of place and doesn't belong

#1959 39 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't mind the Zelda art style but I do not remember side scrolling moments with goombas that looks completely out of place and doesn't belong

That was in the game.

#1960 39 days ago

so a bit off topic but my buddy and I are streaming retro games on Mondays nights on twitch at 10PM Eastern. Playing on real hardware with real software streamed through my Sony PVM 20M2U with RGB SCART cables for a great looking retro stream.

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

first session was Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES and I just got it uploaded on youtube now:

We might do some switch streaming as well tho; we did a practice run of Mario Party on switch on my personal twitch before we did our first real stream.

Here is a peak at my collection, more pics on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/pure_retro_co/
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg

#1961 39 days ago

so a bit off topic but my buddy and I are streaming retro games on Mondays nights on twitch at 10PM Eastern. Playing on real hardware with real software streamed through my Sony PVM 20M2U with RGB SCART cables for a great looking retro stream.
twitch.tv/pure_retro_co
first session was Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES and I just got it uploaded on youtube now:
We might do some switch streaming as well tho; we did a practice run of Mario Party on switch on my personal twitch before we did our first real stream.
Here is a peak at my collection, more pics on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/pure_retro_co/
[quoted image]

#1962 39 days ago

I have the 8bitdo fighter joystick for the switch that I need to try with Tetris 99

#1963 38 days ago

ToeJam and Earl : Back in the Groove for switch preorders up at Limited Run Games

#1964 38 days ago

Finally a battle royal I can win regularly.

And gave me a reason to buy the online service

#1965 38 days ago

ToeJam and Earl : Back in the Groove for switch preorders up at Limited Run Games

Is this the first time they’ve released a game before it came out or has been reviewed? Very shady. The game looks horrible - and I feel like they’re trying to pre-sell this on nostalgia and name recognition. I love the first 3 (yes even the 3rd), and the sloppy Flash-style animation just looks like trash.

I’ll just wait till it comes out...and if it turns out halfway decent, I’ll pick it up on he eShop when it’s on sale for $5 lol.

#1966 38 days ago

hmm, maybe. it comes out march 1st and has a 45 day preorder window so the game will be out before the preorder window ends

#1967 38 days ago

Deal running on the switch right now, normal price (300) but with a 35 credit to the estore.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/ ... dit/?amp=1

#1968 38 days ago

Wow, I guess I'm bad at Tetris.

Can anyone give a quick explanation of the 4 r-stick modes?

#1969 37 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Wow, I guess I'm bad at Tetris.
Can anyone give a quick explanation of the 4 r-stick modes?

ko sends garbage to players close to topping out
attackers sends it to people attacking you
badges goes after most badges but that's probably at top level player
and random is that

plus if you are in handheld you can just touch which ever one you want to send garbage.

this is how much garbage is sent out. the number is lines sent

Single 0
Double 1
Triple 2
Tetris 4
T-Spin Single 2
T-Spin Double 4
T-Spin Triple 6
Back-to-Back Bonus +1

if I have a good bag of pieces at the start ill do a t-spin double to a t-spin triple and that sends a total of 11 lines

or perfect clear and send 7, I think.

There are different openings to use like chess

Sorry I play lots of tetris and know the ins and outs.

#1970 37 days ago
Quoted from timtim:

if I have a good bag of pieces at the start ill do a t-spin double to a t-spin triple and that sends a total of 11 lines

english please

haha just giving ya crap. that was an awesome explanation!!

#1971 37 days ago
Quoted from timtim:

ko sends garbage to players close to topping out
attackers sends it to people attacking you
badges goes after most badges but that's probably at top level player
and random is that
plus if you are in handheld you can just touch which ever one you want to send garbage.
this is how much garbage is sent out. the number is lines sent
Single 0
Double 1
Triple 2
Tetris 4
T-Spin Single 2
T-Spin Double 4
T-Spin Triple 6
Back-to-Back Bonus +1
There are different openings to use like chess
Sorry I play lots of tetris and know the ins and outs.

Wish I could get a handle on the T-Spin thing. I’ve played for almost 10 hours and have done it once by accident lol. I watched a guy streaming with 85 wins - and it was just non stop t-spins without even thinking...I’ve tried to set it up and do it and I just can’t figure it out.

#1972 34 days ago

heres a little nugget from last nights twitch stream of donkey kong country i thought yall might enjoy
image quality is way better on twitch than when I upload it to youtube RIP

we stream on monday nights at 10pm eastern at twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

1 week later
#1973 27 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wish I could get a handle on the T-Spin thing. I’ve played for almost 10 hours and have done it once by accident lol. I watched a guy streaming with 85 wins - and it was just non stop t-spins without even thinking...I’ve tried to set it up and do it and I just can’t figure it out.

There's a good t-spin tutorial on youtube in 2 parts, it covers how you should be looking to set it up (including triples).

#1974 27 days ago
Quoted from insx:

There's a good t-spin tutorial on youtube in 2 parts, it covers how you should be looking to set it up (including triples).

Link appreciated!

#1975 27 days ago

#1976 27 days ago

I finally finished New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, well I got every star except for Superstar World 8. I have to say it had some great moments but it was also way more frustrating than other Mario's. The number of traps, cheap death and forced slow downs just took all the flow out of it. The game design choices were just really odd, they clearly realized portions of the game would be super frustrating and not enjoyable, so they added the invincible character. To me that was just such a cop out, how about you actual adjust the level design. Also that green ? with the annoying as fuck sound for the Luigi guide. Where is the option to turn that off, the last thing I need when the game is most frustrating is the you suck alarm.

P.S. This actually looks pretty great and would make a killer pin.

#1977 27 days ago
Quoted from insx:

I understand it in theory, but I can’t actually do it well enough to be useful in actual gameplay.

#1978 27 days ago

It took me a long time for tspins to click.

Honestly I was playing mostly game boy tetris for the last few years. I had ppt on ps4, but it wasn't till tetris effect that I started to get my tspin-fu back.

It does make me laugh when people watch my streams and never seen a tspin before. It's like black magic to them, but after I explain the points you get, they start asking more questions. I have helped a few people's tetris skills grow.

But the most important thing is being able to see the spots to make a t shape hole, then the over hang is the easy part

#1979 24 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I understand it in theory, but I can’t actually do it well enough to be useful in actual gameplay.

Yeah, I'm much the same. It does look like a black art when they rotate them in for a triple.

#1980 24 days ago

I just bought my daughter a used first generation PS Vita for her birthday because there are some exclusive games for it that she loves. I have to say, it's a pretty impressive little system for 2012. The OLED display looks awesome!

#1981 24 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just bought my daughter a used first generation PS Vita for her birthday because there are some exclusive games for it that she loves. I have to say, it's a pretty impressive little system for 2012. The OLED display looks awesome!

I have one as well.....OLED FTW. It is impressive but Sony just didn’t market it well.

#1982 24 days ago

just like the 1st gen psp's looked better as well. sony changed manufacturers for the displays and the orientation of the LED elements made the later ones look pretty bad compared to the original systems

#1983 24 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Off topic off topic off topic off topic

#1984 24 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Off topic off topic off topic off topic

Fine let's put it back on topic. I wish Nintendo managed to reach the same level of screen quality that the PS Vita has, it's the one drawback I have the switch although not as bad as the one of the Wii U, it still painful to watch.

#1985 24 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Fine let's put it back on topic. I wish Nintendo managed to reach the same level of screen quality that the PS Vita has, it's the one drawback I have the switch although not as bad as the one of the Wii U, it still painful to watch.

I think the Switch screen is gorgeous. What flaws do you perceive?

#1986 24 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think the Switch screen is gorgeous. What flaws do you perceive?

The blacks are greys and the whites are pure bright, there is an overall issue with contrast. Pixels are fairly visible, especially since the screen is held closed to the eyes, and the colors (really a bummer given how colorful Nintendo games are), are not vivid.

Nintendo chose an LCD screen instead of an Oled for economic reasons, that I can understand, but it comes at the expense of image quality and is way less forgiving in close view, it would also have drastically improve the battery life (my second and last issue with the Switch).

The good news is that there are rumours around an updated switch with an Oled screen, Sony went the opposite way and released an LCD Vita after the Oled one at a lower price point.

#1987 24 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

So, how did that Vita screen help its sales? Oh wait....it didn’t.

#1988 24 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So, how did that Vita screen help its sales? Oh wait....it didn’t.

The question was what's wrong with the screen, not does anyone care except me !

#1989 24 days ago

ToeJam and Earl: back in the groove

Has released today!

I’m excited, I kickstarted it, and love the original from the sega genesis

#1990 24 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

ToeJam and Earl: back in the groove
Has released today!
I’m excited, I kickstarted it, and love the original from the sega genesis

I loved the first 3 (yes, even the third). Bought every single one on launch day! ....buuuuuut, Back in the Groove just looks like trash. I would have rather have had a port of TJ&E3....that game is 17 years old and looks so much better. I love hand drawn animation, but the new TJ&E has embarrassing art and animation...floaty jointed Flash-style - it just looks ugly and amateurish. When you've got modern hand drawn games that are beautifully animated like Wonderboy: The Dragons Trap, Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom, and Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, this is just unacceptable. There are even tons of retro style games with beautiful animation that puts Back in the Groove to shame (Gungeon, Owlboy, Flinthook, Bomb Chicken). This game is a total misfire...I'm hard passing on it.

This game came out today, too...looks awesome!

#1991 24 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I loved the first 3 (yes, even the third). Bought every single one on launch day! ....buuuuuut, Back in the Groove just looks like trash. I would have rather have had a port of TJ&E3....that game is 17 years old and looks so much better. I love hand drawn animation, but the new TJ&E has embarrassing art and animation...floaty jointed Flash-style - it just looks ugly and amateurish. When you've got modern hand drawn games that are beautifully animated like Wonderboy: The Dragons Trap, Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom, and Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, this is just unacceptable. There are even tons of retro style games with beautiful animation that puts Back in the Groove to shame (Gungeon, Owlboy, Flinthook, Bomb Chicken). This game is a total misfire...I'm hard passing on it.
This game came out today, too...looks awesome!

I had this same feeling when all of the trailers hit... just played for 30 minutes and closed it out, what a disappointment, the first version is still the best in my opinion. I supported the game from the beginning, I hope the creator begins to see the mistake and gets to work to fix it... it’s like clip art, cruddy junk ware clip art

#1992 23 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had this same feeling when all of the trailers hit... just played for 30 minutes and closed it out, what a disappointment, the first version is still the best in my opinion. I supported the game from the beginning, I hope the creator begins to see the mistake and gets to work to fix it... it’s like clip art, cruddy junk ware clip art

Oooph, Sorry!!! I love all 3...I find it weird that the games creator is always apologizing for 2 and 3. 2 was an amazing take on the original concept in a side scroller. Amazing graphics, color and music. 3 was a really good “3D” take on the original, with great animation & funny voices. I still love the character selection screen rap intros.

Too bad they didn’t just use 3’s engine and use cel shading for a more cartoony look instead of the Flash clipart thing.

#1993 23 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooph, Sorry!!! I love all 3...I find it weird that the games creator is always apologizing for 2 and 3. 2 was an amazing take on the original concept in a side scroller. Amazing graphics, color and music. 3 was a really good “3D” take on the original, with great animation & funny voices. I still love the character selection screen rap intros.
Too bad they didn’t just use 3’s engine and use cel shading for a more cartoony look instead of the Flash clipart thing.

man I thought I was the only person to play the 3rd one lol

only reason I got a xbox was for the sega exclusives

#1994 23 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I liked panic on Funkotron, and I barely played the third, I guess I could revisit it. I like your idea on using the 3rd’s engine with cell shading, that would have saved a lot!

#1995 23 days ago
Quoted from timtim:

man I thought I was the only person to play the 3rd one lol
only reason I got a xbox was for the sega exclusives

Same! As a big Sega fan who was sad to see the Dreamcast die so young, I got an Xbox for Jet Set Radio Future, Toejam, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

#1996 23 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same! As a big Sega fan who was sad to see the Dreamcast die so young, I got an Xbox for Jet Set Radio Future, Toejam, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Is there a a collection of these somewhere on 1 disc? I passed on this new version as well.

#1997 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Is there a a collection of these somewhere on 1 disc? I passed on this new version as well.

Toejam? 1&2 are on the Sega Genesis Classics Collection, although I cant really recommend it due to the horrible input lag.

#1998 21 days ago

If you like shumps - Sky Force Reloaded is fantastic and was on sale over the weekend, not sure if it is now.

1 week later
#1999 14 days ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

https://swipeselect.net/collections/gaming/products/retro-handheld-console

Not really switch related but pretty cool for on the go old-school. Just ordered one while there on sale. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives. Hell at that price it's worth the gamble. Be good for the kid-o on the plane or in the car.

Anyone get theirs yet? Or has it even shipped?

#2000 14 days ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Anyone get theirs yet? Or has it even shipped?

Funny, I just emailed them about this order I made on Feb 12th.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 89.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Bright
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 2021 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside