q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 89.
#1901 5 years ago

Yeah I imported the peach ball pinball game #holla showed up today

20190117_172931 (resized).jpg20190117_172931 (resized).jpg20190117_172936 (resized).jpg20190117_172936 (resized).jpg
#1902 5 years ago

Is that... a furry anime pinball game? Talk about niche.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah I imported the peach ball pinball game #holla showed up today [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve had it for a few weeks now....wish I could understand the menus!

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’ve had it for a few weeks now....wish I could understand the menus!

Try Google Translate app. You can take a pic of the screen, highlight the text... and it does a pretty good job translating.

Is the game fun? Worth it??

#1905 5 years ago

Here is a pic from a youtube video with the camera and a screen capture using google translate... it shows real time translation then you can snap a pic and it will give better defined translation... in the image below the last word is option, and two up is shop.

file-12 (resized).pngfile-12 (resized).pngfile-22 (resized).pngfile-22 (resized).png
#1906 5 years ago

Anyone else get retro city rampage? I snagged it while it was I think on sale recently for my flight. It reminds me of gta 1/2, but has a structured story or free play. However the controls are meeeh? Maybe I need to tweak them.

The throw back references are pretty good though

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone else get retro city rampage? I snagged it while it was I think on sale recently for my flight. It reminds me of gta 1/2, but has a structured story or free play. However the controls are meeeh? Maybe I need to tweak them.
The throw back references are pretty good though

Yeah it's pretty fun, I sold my physical copy like a week ago on eBay tho .

Looking forward to the next game from vblank , Hawaii shakedown

#1908 5 years ago

Just started the Mario + Rabbid game. Not bad overall. Also, the wife has been obsessed with Overcooked. First time in forever I could get her to play a game.

Finally, I just bought a physical import copy of Little Nightmares. I prefer having a game I can resell when I am done. Kind of excited for this one. Looks pretty cool.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah it's pretty fun, I sold my physical copy like a week ago on eBay tho .
Looking forward to the next game from vblank , Hawaii shakedown

Hawaii shakedown looks like a nice upgrade and better than retro city. I’m excited for it but man did it get delayed.

#1910 5 years ago

Bought Donkey Kong JR. On the Switch store last night for 7.99. Brought back some fun memories!

#1911 5 years ago

My little one is starting out in a good direction

E400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpegE400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpeg
#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Here is a pic from a youtube video with the camera and a screen capture using google translate... it shows real time translation then you can snap a pic and it will give better defined translation... in the image below the last word is option, and two up is shop.[quoted image][quoted image]

it's funny that it didn't translate the last line which reads 'option'

#1913 5 years ago

Metroid Prime 4 scrapped. Nintendo wasn't happy with the progress of the game.

Good news is that it will start up from scratch with original developer Retro making it!

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Good news is that it will start up from scratch with original developer Retro making it!

This is good and bad, the original Metroid Prime is up there with the greatest of all time. That being said the two sequels showed steady declines, it kinda felt like they needed some new blood and Retro was getting fatigued with the franchise. This will mean a big delay which sucks. Hopefully Retro can find that magic again.

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But better than them just releasing a bad game like that Team ninja Metroid collab… I can wait have plenty in the backlog.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is good and bad, the original Metroid Prime is up there with the greatest of all time. That being said the two sequels showed steady declines, it kinda felt like they needed some new blood and Retro was getting fatigued with the franchise. This will mean a big delay which sucks. Hopefully Retro can find that magic again.

It's a interesting quandary. On one hand, most of the main engineers that worked on the Prime Trilogy are no longer at Retro. On the other hand, it allows for some fresh blood, while still having some of the Retro DNA there.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's a interesting quandary. On one hand, most of the main engineers that worked on the Prime Trilogy are no longer at Retro. On the other hand, it allows for some fresh blood, while still having some of the Retro DNA there.

Yeah in the long run I think it will be great but I really want Nintendo to discover that magic studio that balances out their line up like Rare and Retro did. They just don't push out big titles fast enough for me.

1 week later
#1918 5 years ago

I just bought Holycon 6. It was a game that caught my eye a long time ago. It looked really interesting, but just never really wanted to plop down in front of a computer to play it.

Now that it's on switch, I decided to give it a go. So far my experience has been terrible. The game itself seems cool, it's just that (at least the tutorial) is utterly broken. I've restarted 3x. The first couple of times I tried to select a different loadout on the shop I had before entering battle. I was unable to exit that screen, because I guess the tutorial wanted me to do something else (though that wasn't immediately clear). I legitimately needed to exit the game completely, and start over. Yeah, I made the same mistake again, but it was at a different stage. Same thing, start all the way over. The third time I was pretty frustrated, and trying to skip dialogue. In doing so I guess I selected the wrong attack in the first mission, and that again locked everything up.

I guess I'll start again and this time be ultra careful, but it's a little ridiculous to me that a selection outside of what the system wants you to do (even when it's not painfully obvious) completely bricks the game. Between the 1st and 2nd attempt I tried skipping the prologue, but I was pretty lost.

#1919 5 years ago

An update, I did progress through the tutorial. It really wasn't all that helpful, and shorter than I expected. Anyway, seems pretty cool if you're into space strategy. I've been on this for a few hours, and that's pretty darn good for my attention span.

#1920 5 years ago

Its a great game if you can figure it out. Lots of good tutorials and lets play vids for it on YouTube. I played the pc version quite a bit.

#1921 5 years ago

Just imported a physical copy of Little Nightmares. Gotta say this is really cool. Creepy with interesting puzzles.

#1922 5 years ago

Hate to say it, but I'm selling my Switch. I've loved playing it and it's an awesome system, but just not enough time and my daughter hasn't been into it like I hoped... Before I leave the club, I would like to recommend Lumo - you may not have heard of it, but worth checking out for uniqueness and retro style. Isometric puzzle game. Also LA Noire is awesome on the Switch, especially if you've never played it. Same for Skyrim, which I can't ever stop playing. I thought Mario Odessey & Zelda were amazing, but just didn't grab me (and I'm a HUGE Zelda freak).

Above all, I highly highly highly recommend West of Loathing. If you have any interest in turn based RPGs and like to laugh, it is mind-blowing.

If Bethesda ever puts a remastered Fallout out on the switch, I will be back...

Here's my ebay listing for my collection if you don't have one yet! ebay.com link: Nintendo Switch Console Lot 6 Games 128GB SD Mario Skyrim Nice Collection

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Hate to say it, but I'm selling my Switch. I've loved playing it and it's an awesome system, but just not enough time and my daughter hasn't been into it like I hoped... Before I leave the club, I would like to recommend Lumo - you may not have heard of it, but worth checking out for uniqueness and retro style. Isometric puzzle game. Also LA Noire is awesome on the Switch, especially if you've never played it. Same for Skyrim, which I can't ever stop playing. I thought Mario Odessey & Zelda were amazing, but just didn't grab me (and I'm a HUGE Zelda freak).
Above all, I highly highly highly recommend West of Loathing. If you have any interest in turn based RPGs and like to laugh, it is mind-blowing.
Here's my ebay listing for my collection if you don't have one yet! ebay.com link » Nintendo Switch Console Lot 6 Games 128gb Sd Mario Skyrim Nice Collection

You should probably add the the serial number of you switch or at least the first few digits, if its an older switch it could increase the value and demand significantly.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

if its an older switch it could increase the value and demand significantly.

Why's that? Are collectors just looking for launch systems, or is it because of some ability to mod?

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You should probably add the the serial number of you switch or at least the first few digits, if its an older switch it could increase the value and demand significantly.

Good to know... Thank you!

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would like to know this as well. I still have 2 sealed, new in box launch systems (one red-blue, one gray)

#1927 5 years ago

The early systems have a hardware flaw that makes them hackable that can not be repaired with software. Nintendo will ban them from online if you install switch games on them. So early release unbanned Switch is the hot item right now. I don't pirate games but the Switch is rocking the emulation scene. Most Nintendo fans have paid for games several times over by this point so I have no issue if people want to load up a Switch with every retro game they have owned. The N64 emulation is taking strides ride now and games are legit playable, 720p N64 on the go is pretty sweet.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I just bought Holycon 6. It was a game that caught my eye a long time ago. It looked really interesting, but just never really wanted to plop down in front of a computer to play it.
Now that it's on switch, I decided to give it a go. So far my experience has been terrible. The game itself seems cool, it's just that (at least the tutorial) is utterly broken. I've restarted 3x. The first couple of times I tried to select a different loadout on the shop I had before entering battle. I was unable to exit that screen, because I guess the tutorial wanted me to do something else (though that wasn't immediately clear). I legitimately needed to exit the game completely, and start over. Yeah, I made the same mistake again, but it was at a different stage. Same thing, start all the way over. The third time I was pretty frustrated, and trying to skip dialogue. In doing so I guess I selected the wrong attack in the first mission, and that again locked everything up.
I guess I'll start again and this time be ultra careful, but it's a little ridiculous to me that a selection outside of what the system wants you to do (even when it's not painfully obvious) completely bricks the game. Between the 1st and 2nd attempt I tried skipping the prologue, but I was pretty lost.

I'm glad I stuck with this one, I've been pretty obsessed with it over the last couple of days. The controls would definitively favor PC. There's a lot of moving cursors, and it feels like they could have done better to map some more shortcuts, but it's playable enough.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Here's my ebay listing for my collection if you don't have one yet! ebay.com link » Nintendo Switch Console Lot 6 Games 128gb Sd Mario Skyrim Nice Collection

See yas. We never knew ye.

#1930 5 years ago

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a couple of weeks ago and just can't get into it. $45 shipped to the US if anybody is interested. I like the story and characters but I don't care for the battle system, which a lot of people seem to like. *shrug*

#1931 5 years ago

It's a very complicated battle system. If you learn it (watch videos on YouTube) it is a super cool game. Took me a lonnnnnnggggg time to figure out battle system. Character development is top notch! Super fun game once you get the hàng of it!

#1932 5 years ago

Everyone go check out killer queen black... rewrite for the pc and switch of a recent release arcade game... very excited about this one... should release q3 this year

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

It's a very complicated battle system. If you learn it (watch videos on YouTube) it is a super cool game. Took me a lonnnnnnggggg time to figure out battle system. Character development is top notch! Super fun game once you get the hàng of it!

I understand it, I just don't find it particularly fun. A lot of people do. I usually prefer turn based combat in JRPGs, (some exceptions) but thought I would give this a try.

I picked up Monster Hunter Stories for the 3DS and it has given me a RPG fix without having to invest a lot of time in character building and what not.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Everyone go check out killer queen black... rewrite for the pc and switch of a recent release arcade game... very excited about this one... should release q3 this year

interesting. kind of a twist on joust with a lot more to manage and pay attention to

#1935 5 years ago

The arcade version is really cool. It looks like the home version has taken things in a little different direction. It will be interesting to see. The creators had said for a long time that they did not want to bring it to the home market because so much about the game was the camaraderie that comes from playing next to one another. At the same time, the logistics of finding 5 people to play against another 5 people at the arcade is a challenge.

#1936 5 years ago

https://swipeselect.net/collections/gaming/products/retro-handheld-console

Not really switch related but pretty cool for on the go old-school. Just ordered one while there on sale. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives. Hell at that price it's worth the gamble. Be good for the kid-o on the plane or in the car.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Not really switch related but pretty cool for on the go old-school. Just ordered one while there on sale. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives. Hell at that price it's worth the gamble. Be good for the kid-o on the plane or in the car.

F it I got one too.

#1938 5 years ago

surprised that nintendo hasn't sued them yet

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I think I might order one of these tonight!

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

These pop up all the time. I already have the iPhone case version. Kind of cool honestly.

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

LOL there's one with part of the Supreme logo on it hahaha

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just snagged one too.

#1943 5 years ago

These handhelds are all over the internet for $16 and up. Search for Retro FC plus.

#1944 5 years ago

My daughter in law bought me this cool gadget for Christmas. Works great for switch and iPad. Glad it’s flexible,fits nicely on my beer gut.

460290E9-0AE0-4D9A-A71D-EA2732D47596 (resized).jpeg460290E9-0AE0-4D9A-A71D-EA2732D47596 (resized).jpeg

#1945 5 years ago

I would not have bought it if the reviews were not so great.

#1946 5 years ago

I'm wondering if Dark Souls has a low amount of players.

While I did manage to summon others for the O&S fight, I've rarely been invaded, sit forever sometimes not being summoned outside of boss entrances, and never find summons for bosses when I'm not hollow. I've only got a few bosses left and have interacted with (invaders or summons) probably less than 10 players. Might as well not even be online...

#1947 5 years ago

Tetris 99 is FREE and on the eShop right now!!!! It's Tetris Battle Royale....Fortris? Total Fortnite killer! WOOO!

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tetris 99 is FREE and on the eShop right now!!!! It's Tetris Battle Royale....Fortris? Total Fortnite killer! WOOO!

Very fun!

#1949 5 years ago

If I was only good at Tetris :-p love to play but man I suck so bad

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Played a few games last night. It took me a game or two to get my brain back into "Tetris mode" I place 36th in my first game, but then 6th on my second game! The game works great with the clicky buttons on the joycons in the grip. Very fun!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.