q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 89.
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

More fun than a $10k pin

Why do you think I barely play (and don’t buy) pins anymore? SWITCH!!! (...and PS4 a little bit, too hehe)

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do you think I barely play (and don’t buy) pins anymore? SWITCH!!! (...and PS4 a little bit, too hehe)

Tried the PSVR yet? You may never leave home

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Tried the PSVR yet? You may never leave home

No, I don’t like VR. I don’t want shit strapped to my face.

#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, I don’t like VR. I don’t want shit strapped to my face.

Once you are immersed into a game the headset becomes another peripheral.....Astrobot is fun from start to finish but I see where people don’t want to wear something.

Did you ever play around with the Nintendo virtual boy?

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Once you are immersed into a game the headset becomes another peripheral.....Astrobot is fun from start to finish but I see where people don’t want to wear something.
Did you ever play around with the Nintendo virtual boy?

I stuck my face in it for 2 seconds. That was enough. I like my video games with peripheral vision of reality. Everyone who loves VR tried to pitch it with religious fervor. I just don’t wanna bother with it.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone who loves VR tried to pitch it with religious fervor.

Kinda like you and Splatoon 2

#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Haha that was pretty good

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

This is a Switch thread. Splatoon is relevant.

VR is not. Anywhere. Ask Ben Heck lol

#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t get it. All the buttons are right next to each other. Why is it harder to move your thumb?
I’ve never quite understood Smash’s controls in general. In order to play OK, I change it so B is jump & Y is attack, as that feels more like traditional action/platformer controls.

The primary attack is the A button. You can quickly roll your thumb to the side to hit the jump button on the GC controller. Those buttons also have a unique shape that's easier to feel. I like that all the buttons have a unique shape, now that I think of it.

#1860 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The primary attack is the A button. You can quickly roll your thumb to the side to hit the jump button on the GC controller. Those buttons also have a unique shape that's easier to feel. I like that all the buttons have a unique shape, now that I think of it.

That makes sense if you played a lot of Smash w that controller. Since I was into Capcom & Sega fighters back then, the different shapes didn’t make sense for most fighting game players. I’ve stopped trying to think of Smash as a fighting game since it doesn’t really play like one...I’ve enjoyed it much more since changing B to jump and Y to attack. Now it feels like a regular platform/action game. My brain & finger instinctively know what to do with that layout.

#1861 5 years ago

Yesterday I had over my friend (and fellow pinhead) with his son to play Smash with my son and I. He had bought Smash for his son for Christmas, and had just been using the Pro controller. When we were done, he observed the GCN controllers were much better than using the Pro controller. I'll admit I have some nostalgia for GCN controllers, but this friend had never owned a GameCube. I thought that was telling.

#1862 5 years ago

What is the best arcade style stick for the Switch, regardless of price?

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

don't know if it is the best but the n30 from 8bitdo is great. http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/

Bluetooth rechargeable.

Works with the PC too.

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

don't know if it is the best but the n30 from 8bitdo is great. http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/
Bluetooth rechargeable.
Works with the PC too.

This is what I need! Thanks very much!

#1865 5 years ago

fantastic packaging on the super smash LE set in the EU. nice to see that NOE pulled out all of the stops to make it look like a real collectable (unlike most of the crap that we get here in the states

#1866 5 years ago

I think I'm going to install RetroArch on my daughter's switch this weekend. Has anyone else already done this? Anything I should be aware of?

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I think I'm going to install RetroArch on my daughter's switch this weekend. Has anyone else already done this? Anything I should be aware of?

Nintendo will probably do a system update that bricks your switch like they did with the Wii

#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Bricked and banned. Just do that in a NES Classic or something without online functions.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Don’t do it. Keep the Switch pure n umodded. It’s worthy of honest ownership.

#1870 5 years ago

I bought myself a cheap wired Switch pad to use as a spare, something that might also have a half-decent D-pad. Made by Hori, licensed by Nintendo, 20 quid in GAME. Well not only does the D-pad feel great, but it uses a standard USB connector which means OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BESTEREST PC JOYPAD EVERRRRRRRR. D-pad, two analogues, four button configuration, two pairs of triggers, separate turbo fire on every button, this has got every possible combination you could ever want for playing anything at all AND IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. I'm buying at least one or two more of these just so this one never has to leave MAME ever.

#1871 5 years ago

OH MY GOD I'M PLAYING THUNDER BLADE PROPERLY WITH BOTH SWITCH ANALOGUES AND THE SHOULDER BUTTONS I'M HAVING A RETRO ORGASM

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

OH MY GOD I'M PLAYING THUNDER BLADE PROPERLY WITH BOTH SWITCH ANALOGUES AND THE SHOULDER BUTTONS I'M HAVING A RETRO ORGASM

Wow.. I remember my first beer .. lol

#1873 5 years ago

Rouge Legacy is great for anyone that hasn't played it, must get for Switch imo..

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I know it has been answered, but also take a look at this one. Also for PC, but wired. Very good quality.

http://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-v-hayabusa-for-nintendo-switch/

#1875 5 years ago

Have some spare games from my collection that i could thin out if anyone is interested. we can work something out over pm. usually use www.pricecharting.com as a price guideline.

1: Octopath Travelers Wayfayers Collectors Edition - Sealed
2: Mega Man 11 GameStop exclusive Amiibo Edition - Sealed
3: Snake Pass Limited Physical Release from Super Rare Games - Sealed
4: Retro City Rampage DX - Complete in open box
5: Kingdom: New Lands Limited Physical Release from Limited Run Games - Sealed
6: Secret of Mana Seiken Densetsu Collection (Japanese version) - Complete in open box

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Have some spare games from my collection that i could thin out if anyone is interested. we can work something out over pm. usually use www.pricecharting.com as a price guideline.
1: Octopath Travelers Wayfayers Collectors Edition - Sealed
2: Mega Man 11 GameStop exclusive Amiibo Edition - Sealed
3: Snake Pass Limited Physical Release from Super Rare Games - Sealed
4: Retro City Rampage DX - Complete in open box
5: Kingdom: New Lands Limited Physical Release from Limited Run Games - Sealed
6: Secret of Mana Seiken Densetsu Collection (Japanese version) - Complete in open box

Really have been wanting to play Octopath Traveler but not a collectors edition guy.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

More
Really have been wanting to play Octopath Traveler

You should. Had so much fun playing it. Couldn't set it down. Great game.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Really have been wanting to play Octopath Traveler but not a collectors edition guy.

It's fantastic, I bought 2 collectors editions, one to open and play and one to keep sealed but figured I'd offer up some of my duplicates here. Pin prices going crazy got me back into collecting video games lol. Can't even get a broken EM in Colorado under like 600 these days

#1879 5 years ago

Just finished Mario Odyssey last night. Pretty good. It's impressive how they can still make a Mario game feel fresh and new. Not sure what to move on to next. Might just wait for the new Mario next week or try the PS4 Spider-Man game?

#1880 5 years ago

Agreed, I had an absolute blast playing odyssey and the extra challenges near the end are really fun even for the veteran players

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Just finished Mario Odyssey last night. Pretty good. It's impressive how they can still make a Mario game feel fresh and new. Not sure what to move on to next. Might just wait for the new Mario next week or try the PS4 Spider-Man game?

the "new" mario game is a re-release of the wii u game. its fun but a rather predictable Mario fare, if you are any good at the older ones at all you will breeze thru it with max lives.

#1882 5 years ago

Does the unlocking of characters slow down after a while in Smash?

We're over 40 now, and it used to be that every 3 or 4 battles, a new challenger would emerge. Now they are gone.

We only seem to be able to unlock characters when my son is playing the adventure mode.

Is this normal?

Also, I registered the game, got the download code for Piranha Plant and download it, but he never showed up. Do you have to wait for him to randomly appear as an unlock challenge?

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Does the unlocking of characters slow down after a while in Smash?
We're over 40 now, and it used to be that every 3 or 4 battles, a new challenger would emerge. Now they are gone.
We only seem to be able to unlock characters when my son is playing the adventure mode.
Is this normal?
Also, I registered the game, got the download code for Piranha Plant and download it, but he never showed up. Do you have to wait for him to randomly appear as an unlock challenge?

Every 10 minutes of gameplay a new challenger appears. I don't think they release Piranha until February.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Every 10 minutes of gameplay a new challenger appears. I don't think they release Piranha until February.

Definitely not seeing a challenger every 10 minutes.

Piranha is available for everyone starting in February. But if you register the game you get a download code to play him early. It's an extra for people who buy their game by January 31st.

#1885 5 years ago

Octopath Traveller was reduced to thirty quid in the eShop Christmas sale, so I gladly snapped that up.

#1886 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Did you play/finish Zelda Breath of the Wild? If not, do that next!

Spider-Man PS4 is awesome, too. I’m on the last DLC right now.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the "new" mario game is a re-release of the wii u game. its fun but a rather predictable Mario fare, if you are any good at the older ones at all you will breeze thru it with max lives.

If you think the main game is easy, play the Luigi version! I didn't get very far into the Luigi version on WiiU. The main version is still a ton of fun and is a way better multi-player experience than Oddysey.

#1888 5 years ago

I made it to Anor Londo in my first Switch playthrough of Dark Souls. This is the area where I rage quit the last time I tried a solo run on PS3. I'm playing online, though, and it's a pretty easy game if you get decent help with bosses.

#1889 5 years ago

Oh these kids today....

AED82A2F-74C1-4DDA-891E-173CF22860D7.jpegAED82A2F-74C1-4DDA-891E-173CF22860D7.jpeg
#1890 5 years ago

I can not believe they made a port of Civilization VI for the switch. I saw that, froze, and bought a Switch for myself with the game on the spur of the moment last night. It's incredible.

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I can not believe they made a port of Civilization VI for the switch. I saw that, froze, and bought a Switch for myself with the game on the spur of the moment last night. It's incredible.

Is there a Civilization 1-5? Never heard of it!

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there a Civilization 1-5? Never heard of it!

?!? really?!? sid meier's civilization is huge series that was originally pc based and then later converted to a few console platforms in its past iterations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_(video_game)

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

?!? really?!? sid meier's civilization is huge series that was originally pc based and then later converted to a few console platforms in its past iterations

Your avatar could not be more perfect for this response

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Ah. I'm console only, never play PC games. Also hate strategy games.

#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Ove never played Civilization but it has ny interest also. Not sure if its something id like ir not butin thinking about giving it a try someday because honestly the lineup of games for the Switch just doesnt do much for me. You should give Diablo 3 a try also if you've never played it.

#1896 5 years ago

Joined the switch club. Downloaded a great game called “the keep”

1 week later
#1897 5 years ago
#1898 5 years ago

That would be aweseome! The NES collection is ok. There are only a handful of games that are worth playing right now, but having SNES classics will really make that collection a bit more robust.

#1899 5 years ago

So many of these articles are junk that I'm not going to get excited about it just yet. I would love for the SNES library to be rolled out, but I'm going to wait for Nintendo to release an official statement before doing my happy dance.

#1900 5 years ago

Another plus to Gamecube controllers is they work exceptionally well with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

When you've got 4 people over, it beats the hell out of half a Joy-Con!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/38?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.