q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 89.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Diablo is far from ugly, its quite the opposite actually. I figure if i traded splatoon for smash and i didnt like it that im in the same boat as i was so what the heck? It would just be another game that i dont play so id be no worse off with smash bros than i am with splatoon.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Too each their own. I don’t like generic looking dark games. To me they’re ugly.

Gentlemen.....Gentlemen......

The only game that matters is Metroid Prime 4.

#1752 5 years ago

Team Villain crushed the Smash Splatfest!!! Woooo!

2094F91D-B88E-4C6E-BE42-2A07C2EA4DA1 (resized).jpeg2094F91D-B88E-4C6E-BE42-2A07C2EA4DA1 (resized).jpegA6909AD0-3DB6-4EE7-9188-88D36F366638 (resized).jpegA6909AD0-3DB6-4EE7-9188-88D36F366638 (resized).jpegACB79DFB-4A47-42CC-8246-CE98D906DF5F (resized).jpegACB79DFB-4A47-42CC-8246-CE98D906DF5F (resized).jpeg26210980-E9E4-4DFE-A8FB-347C43A098F7 (resized).jpeg26210980-E9E4-4DFE-A8FB-347C43A098F7 (resized).jpeg

#1753 5 years ago

just got notification from Nintendo that my classic nes controllers have shipped!

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just got notification from Nintendo that my classic nes controllers have shipped!

mine shipped last week, should have them on wednesday this week

#1755 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Link to where to buy these?

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Link to where to buy these?

you have to sign up for the [new] nintendo on-line service. in the states, each user (up to 8 in a family account) can purchase one set of the NES shaped joy cons from nintendo.com

edit:
thanks to Rarehero for providing the link above

#1758 5 years ago

I got a huge Amazon gift card and realized it's possible to purchase digital codes for some games for Switch and even eShop credit through Amazon, and get the codes instantly. It can be kind of hassle with the credit since you have to buy it in pre-set denominations, so any combinations you need to get up enough credit to buy a specific game means you have to enter in that many codes, but you can totally turn Amazon credit into Nintendo digital games.

#1759 5 years ago

additionally, you can set up a 3 month japanese account and if you know someone that resides in japan, purchase a set of the famicom joy cons (and have them shipped to the japanese resident). however, like the original famicom controllers, the P2 controller is lacking the start and select buttons

#1760 5 years ago

Got a switch for me and my 6 year old for Xmas coming. Any recommendations on memory card? Will the 32gb internal memory suffice for a few games before we really start downloading more? I was thinking a 256gb stick once we get rolling after a month or so.

Also, what’s the consensus on joysticks. I got 2 pro controllers to go with the console but are joycons where they’re at? Will I want the pro controller being a bit older...err wiser

Games he wants:
Mario odyssey
LEGO worlds
Over cooked (1 or 2 - is part 2 better than one? Know nothing of this game)

Games I want:
Splatoon 2 (is there a better co op mode in this game so my son can play? Part 1 sucked for two player)

#1761 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got a switch for me and my 6 year old for Xmas coming. Any recommendations on memory card? Will the 32gb internal memory suffice for a few games before we really start downloading more? I was thinking a 256gb stick once we get rolling after a month or so.
Also, what’s the consensus on joysticks. I got 2 pro controllers to go with the console but are joycons where they’re at? Will I want the pro controller being a bit older...err wiser
Games he wants:
Mario odyssey
LEGO worlds
Games I want:
Splatoon 2 (is there a better co op mode in this game so my son can play? Part 1 sucked for two player)

If you're buying cartridges for the large commercial releases, and just wanting to download a few indie games, the internal storage will suffice for awhile.

#1762 5 years ago

Yeahhhhhhhhh bout time!!!!!

29265F8D-FFC1-4DBA-B98A-1D99599AB361 (resized).jpeg29265F8D-FFC1-4DBA-B98A-1D99599AB361 (resized).jpeg
#1763 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I use the Pro when I'm at home for the most part. I like playing ARMS with motion controls, so that's a Joy-Con in each fist.

You need to connect the Joy-Cons for handheld on the go play.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you plan on buying mostly digital, get a decent sized MicroSD. I started with a 128, but recently upgraded to 256....I buy a lot of games though - 128 should be fine...more than fine if you're buying games on cartridges.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Games I want:

Splatoon 2 is an online multiplayer game, it's not couch co-op at all. It's either 4 vs. 4 in various competition modes, or 4 together in Salmon Run.

If you wanna play in online battles with your kiddo, you'll each need to be on your own Switch.

It has a great fun single player mode & another one in the optional Octo Expansion.

I can't wait to see you on the Splattlefield!!!

Splat_To_The_Face.gifSplat_To_The_Face.gif
#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

anyone in need of a sealed copy of super smash ultimate for the switch? $50 plus $4 shipping anywhere in the usa
I've got 3 extra copies that I'd like to shift

Mine just came in today. Thanks!

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm still managing without an SD card, I have about 6 cartridges and about the same number of downloaded games.

You will want a pro controller unless you are happy with awkwardly placed tiny buttons (it is possible to get used to them). Beware though, we had 2 pro controllers in our house go bad after a year to 18 months. (Left stick stops responding properly).

#1766 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Games he wants:
Mario odyssey
LEGO worlds
Games I want:

I definitely recommend getting at least 1 Pro controller for yourself and a second would be nice for your son. You can probably hold off on a memory card for a while. The built in storage has been fine for me up to this point with about 8 physical games and a couple of downloaded games.

As far as games go I think Mario Odyssey is a must buy with a 6 year old! My son (5) has over 100 hours on that game as he loves to spend time exploring World's and finding all of the hidden moons and buying outfits and stuff in the game for his Mario. It's the perfect game for a kid that age because it isn't "too" difficult and there is a lot to do. Lately we've been playing a lot of Mario Party. The variety of mini-games and the board games are a lot of fun to play together. I'll probably pick up another set of joycons once my daughter gets old enough to play it. I got him Super Smash Brothers for Christmas which I'm sure he'll really like.

#1767 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Games he wants:
Mario odyssey
LEGO worlds
Games I want:

I use the pro controller when playing on the TV. I almost never take the joycons off the unit.

I have a 128GB sd card in mine, and it is about half full. I have around 60 games, but most are indies, and don't take a lot of space.

If you like vertical games, check out the flipgrip. It is cheap, and works well. It isn't super convenient since you cant charge the joycons, or dock the switch with it on. It does make games like Donkey Kong and Strikers 1945 a lot more fun playing on the go though. For $16 shipped, I think it was well worth it.

#1768 5 years ago

Getting the switch for the kids for xmas (10, 12)....aside from the Mario games any suggestions on great games for the kids?

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Getting the switch for the kids for xmas (10, 12)....aside from the Mario games any suggestions on great games for the kids?

Mario Kart is always a hit. Smash Bros and Mario Party also. Beyond that it depends what they are into. If they like a huge 3D adventure, Zelda and Lego City Undercover. If they are interested in strategy, Mario + Rabbids and Steamworld Heist. If they enjoy building/crafting, check out Labo. 2D platformers, look at Donkey Kong Tropic Freeze and the plethora of Mega Man games available. And of course being you are on Pinside, I can't imagine not enjoying Yoku's Island Express. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

#1770 5 years ago

DK Tropical Freeze is a very well done game. Fun for young and old with the addition of Funky and Easy mode. Pricy but highly recommended. Tons of style and challlenging platforming.

#1771 5 years ago

xmas deal
$125 includes shipping within the continental u.s.a.
brand new and sealed, super smash bros. ultimate (physical) and (1) pro controller

I have 2 of these that I'd like to sell. pm for details

#1772 5 years ago

Thanks for the insight

#1773 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Splatoon 2 if they wanna play an online competitive game.

ARMS if they wanna play a "non-violent" multiplayer fighting game with each other (up to 4p split screen) or online (together or solo).

Zelda Breath of the Wild is an incredible adventure if they want something a bit more in depth.

Really anything by Nintendo themselves is going to be quality!

Highly recommend Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom. Incredible side scrolling platformer/quest/adventure game with brilliant hand drawn art and animation. It's flying under the radar right now as it was released right before Smash.

Katamari Damacy is a lot of fun if they like something weird and lighthearted.

Rayman Legends is an amazing platformer with great art. That one's got multiplayer as well.

#1774 5 years ago

I don't know if anyone else is using these, bought I bought a pair of these back in July-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJ6K6B3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

They work really well, and when the firmware updates on the Switch, these update to work without issues. I don't own any Pro Controllers, just two sets of JoyCons, and two of the controllers linked above, and I have never really had any issues with any of them.

It is easy to spend money on the Switch quickly, especially when you download all of your content and Nintendo runs sales weekly. I am on my third memory card upgrade in the last year (Just moved up from 128gb to 256gb).

#1775 5 years ago

Salt and Sanctuary is really freaking good, i havent been playing smash because its really fun and I cant put it down.

highly recommend, its like a 2D Dark Souls Metrovania love fest

#1776 5 years ago

I just bought a pro controller to use with Smash. I played Melee more than most games, but I don't love the idea of buying another GC controller (or an adapter) to use with a single game. I was looking at alt controllers - like the PowerA version of the pro controller, but ultimately just decided to go with the Pro controller so I don't lose out on the rumble. I've also had some pretty negative experiences with 3rd party controllers in the past.

You're right about spending money on this thing. I would like a second dock, but everything I read suggests that the only safe bet is the official (expensive) nintendo version. Bummer.

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I just bought a pro controller to use with Smash. I played Melee more than most games, but I don't love the idea of buying another GC controller (or an adapter) to use with a single game. I was looking at alt controllers - like the PowerA version of the pro controller, but ultimately just decided to go with the Pro controller so I don't lose out on the rumble. I've also had some pretty negative experiences with 3rd party controllers in the past.
You're right about spending money on this thing. I would like a second dock, but everything I read suggests that the only safe bet is the official (expensive) nintendo version. Bummer.

I am playing the crap out of Smash right now with these controllers and it works great. The only thing these don't offer is the Amiibo RF reader. I am not so hardcore Smash that I need a different controller either, I am more of a button masher in that game.

When I bought our Switch last year at Christmas, my grand total was just over $700. That was for two games, the system, a screen protector, a memory card, and an extra joycon. So much for being a $300 system.... LOL

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ARMS if they wanna play a "non-violent" multiplayer fighting game with each other (up to 4p split screen) or online (together or solo).
Zelda Breath of the Wild is an incredible adventure if they want something a bit more in depth.
Highly recommend Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom. Incredible side scrolling platformer/quest/adventure game with brilliant hand drawn art and animation. It's flying under the radar right now as it was released right before Smash.
Rayman Legends is an amazing platformer with great art. That one's got multiplayer as well.

Thanks for the heads up on, Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom, never knew.

#1779 5 years ago

There is nothing better than an authentic GameCube controller for Smash Bros.

There is a reason Nintendo still makes these things.

#1780 5 years ago

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

When I bought our Switch last year at Christmas, my grand total was just over $700. That was for two games, the system, a screen protector, a memory card, and an extra joycon. So much for being a $300 system.... LOL

Seriously! You can build a killer gaming PC that will emulate the Switch, Wii U, and every other Nintendo console. Plus you get to choose your accessories and use any controller under the sun. One of the downsides is that is not a portable solution.

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Seriously! You can build a killer gaming PC that will emulate the Switch, Wii U, and every other Nintendo console. Plus you get to choose your accessories and use any controller under the sun. One of the downsides is that is not a portable solution.

Thanks, I have one of those too... I have been an IT admin for 21 years, so the Emulation stuff isn't foreign to me at all. Emulation is great, and has it's place, but once you have kids, things change. Finding time for stuff is far more challenging, and often times, your kids want to play the newest stuff online with their friends, and emulation isn't going to do that for them.

#1782 5 years ago

Yeah there are definitely drawbacks. I'm just disgusted with what appears to be diminishing value in consoles but they still have their place regardless.

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Thanks for the heads up on, Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom, never knew.

Not sure why someone would give you a downvote for this...buuuut anyway, Monster Boy is an awesome all new Wonder Boy in Monsterland sequel. I'm about 5 hrs into it, just totally gorgeous and fun with excellent music.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks...I'm sure they would love the ARMS game....better than beating each other up

#1785 5 years ago

I also have a strong gaming PC. It's cool, and I can't believe the types of things it can do (like VR, etc), but I find myself leaning toward consoles for almost all gaming these days. I use my xbone and switch about 10x more than my gaming PC. I find the experience more enjoyable in general - it allows me to play against friends that are scared away by the entry point of a decent gaming rig, and the experience is pretty seamless. The ability to take the switch on the road is a huge selling point for me. I make a lot of overnight trips to see my family and the in-laws, the ability to bring some really solid games with me is awesome.

#1786 5 years ago

I also have a strong gaming PC. It's cool, and I can't believe the types of things it can do (like VR, etc), but I find myself leaning toward consoles for almost all gaming these days. I use my xbone and switch about 10x more than my gaming PC. I find the experience more enjoyable in general - it allows me to play against friends that are scared away by the entry point of a decent gaming rig, and the experience is pretty seamless. The ability to take the switch on the road is a huge selling point for me. I make a lot of overnight trips to see my family and the in-laws, the ability to bring some really solid games with me is awesome.

PC's are for porn and email. Consoles is where it's at for fun gaming!

#1787 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

PC's are for porn and email. Consoles is where it's at for fun gaming!

Then what the hell is my phone for? Making calls?

#1788 5 years ago

The Zaccaria Pinball app just got an update! It has screen rotation now for vertical play! It's free to download and has some freebie play. Currently you can get all 27 "Retro" tables for $1! Hopefully the other table styles will go on sale...the Retro ones are all EM style...I like the Remake ones - all DMD style!

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why someone would give you a downvote for this...buuuut anyway, Monster Boy is an awesome all new Wonder Boy in Monsterland sequel. I'm about 5 hrs into it, just totally gorgeous and fun with excellent music.

Is it as freaking hard as wonder boy?

#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is it as freaking hard as wonder boy?

It’s challenging, but it has reasonable checkpoints & a Super Metroid type map.

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s challenging, but it has reasonable checkpoints & a Super Metroid type map.

That’s what annoys me the most with wonder boy, lack of checkpoints, mmmmm

#1792 5 years ago

Emulate the Switch, doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of the console?

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Emulate the Switch, doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of the console?

...and that's why Nintendo is brilliant to release systems with unique concepts, and not just "another game box". It's more than the games, you want the experience of the console concept. I'm sure you can emulate 3DS, but you can't actually play in 3D unless you're using a real 3DS.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Zaccaria Pinball app just got an update! It has screen rotation now for vertical play! It's free to download and has some freebie play. Currently you can get all 27 "Retro" tables for $1! Hopefully the other table styles will go on sale...the Retro ones are all EM style...I like the Remake ones - all DMD style!

Perfect! Thanks for the heads up....that’s a steal and I enjoy the Zac tables. I have the pack 1 of the DMD style remakes and I like them as well.

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Perfect! Thanks for the heads up....that’s a steal and I enjoy the Zac tables. I have the pack 1 of the DMD style remakes and I like them as well.

The only caveat is that you have to own the SS tables of those remakes...as I just found out.

Williams pack 2 is available as well....attack!!

#1796 5 years ago

The only caveat is that you have to own the SS tables of those remakes...as I just found out.

I might wait for a sale on that one. A bit miffed about the B/W censorship by Zen...and I have too much backlog to play right now anyway.

#1797 5 years ago

This is worth repeating. The app makes it sound like you get 27 machines for $1. What it really means is that you can unlock 27 'retro' versions of other tables provided you already own them in their original form.

The app is pretty cool, and at least lets you give the machines a play before purchasing, but that sale is disingenuous at best.

#1798 5 years ago

This is worth repeating. The app makes it sound like you get 27 machines for $1. What it really means is that you can unlock 27 'retro' versions of other tables provided you already own them in their original form.
The app is pretty cool, and at least lets you give the machines a play before purchasing, but that sale is disingenuous at best.

This company is kind of shady to say the least. On the iPad version of the their app I had bought maybe 10-12 tables that I enjoyed. Then they came out with their upgraded version of the app, which really just was a menu redesign. After that I lost all of my purchases. After several phone calls and emails with their response essentially being "*shrug* don't know what to tell you", I decided to not bother with them anymore.

#1799 5 years ago

This isn't true. I paid one dollar and now have the 27 retro tables. I don't own any of the real ones. Maybe update your app?

#1800 5 years ago

diablo III for the switch is on sale for $39.99 this week @ bestbuy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/diablo-iii-eternal-collection-nintendo-switch/6293800.p?skuId=6293800

can be stacked with GCU for a total in cart price of $31.99

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/36?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.