1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,071 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Hobbypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dims (resized).jpg
Cadence-Hyrule_03-20-19 (resized).jpg
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg
AEE21181-F1C7-4C78-9494-28A7C5210803 (resized).jpeg
460290E9-0AE0-4D9A-A71D-EA2732D47596 (resized).jpeg
E400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpeg
file-22 (resized).png
file-12 (resized).png
20190117_172936 (resized).jpg
20190117_172931 (resized).jpg
AED82A2F-74C1-4DDA-891E-173CF22860D7.jpeg
20181210_144036 (resized).jpg
20181209_134701 (resized).jpg
249BDEA3-02D9-4028-91AE-FECE22818A87.jpeg
D50ADD85-23D4-4D0F-8DAF-F30EBED4D409.jpeg
F6523BCA-82A0-48AB-BE10-3142700F8E8A (resized).jpeg

There are 2071 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 42.
#1551 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

VVVVVV is awesome, and the music is just phenomenal. There's a ton of extra content in it, too! Check out the Player created levels! It's like 18 sequels!

Thanks for the recommendation i love this silly, difficult game. With the blocky graphics its perfect for play on the go. finished the main story and working on the player created ones.

#1552 5 months ago

Grabbed one for a coworker!

F639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpeg
#1553 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Grabbed one for a coworker!
[quoted image]

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

#1554 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

#1555 5 months ago

for you diablo nuts, a diablo iii amiibo just dropped, can pre-order on gamestop

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/diablo-iii-loot-goblin-amiibo-only-at-gamestop/167755

#1556 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

I am very pleasantly surprised at how well the controls translate to the console. Inventory is a bit cumbersome, but overall I am very happy to be able to play Diablo 3 on the go.

#1557 5 months ago

I have not been following or keeping up with anything Switch related. However I have a few 12 year olds asking for them for Xmas.

What’s the best deal out there or coming up?

Any do’s or don’ts?

Any other advice?

#1558 5 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have not been following or keeping up with anything Switch related. However I have a few 12 year olds asking for them for Xmas.
What’s the best deal out there or coming up?
Any do’s or don’ts?
Any other advice?

I keep an eye on the Switch Deals Reddit for deals.

There are various bundles if your kids want some kind of special edition & a game included. (Pokemon, Smash Bros)

I’d recommend a glass screen protector. They’re pretty cheap on amazon. Multipack for like $7. It’ll keep the screen from getting scuffed if they travel with it.

#1559 5 months ago

easiest to install and best switch glass screen protector that I found. $7.99 for a 2-pack
amazon.com link »

#1560 5 months ago

bestbuy canada is having a 50% nintendo labo sale today....(i didnt check US)

#1561 5 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

bestbuy canada is having a 50% nintendo labo sale today....(i didnt check US)

They have 2 for $99 here....I’d go in on the 50% deal off but I don’t wanna try 2.

#1562 5 months ago

I picked up a physical copy of Death Mark today. It is creepy and a nice break from frenzied button-mashing.

1 week later
#1563 5 months ago

Been playing Diablo III with gov

He has been playing the game for years, but it is my first foray into the series. I am enjoying it very much so far, and without a Switch I wouldn't have likely ever played the series. I picked up RDR2 for my xbox but haven't touched it since the first night, just something about the Swtich that makes gaming more fun for me it seems. Can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

#1564 5 months ago

Usually I hate trolls in Splatoon2, but this was kind of funny in a performance art sorta way. Two players named "God" and "HisFollwer" just stood on the spawn and rubbed their heads together.

Splat Troll.png
#1565 5 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Been playing Diablo III with gov
He has been playing the game for years, but it is my first foray into the series. I am enjoying it very much so far, and without a Switch I wouldn't have likely ever played the series. I picked up RDR2 for my xbox but haven't touched it since the first night, just something about the Swtich that makes gaming more fun for me it seems. Can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

#1566 5 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

Yes! I haven’t played D3 since launch and was really skeptical. The joycon joystick is a little funky but I usually use the pro controller and it works great.

Three of us at work got it so we play at lunch sometimes

#1567 5 months ago

Still looking to pick up 3 switches for Xmas. It appears that $299 for a bundle is the cheapest. Everyone agree?

#1568 5 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Still looking to pick up 3 switches for Xmas. It appears that $299 for a bundle is the cheapest. Everyone agree?

299 with a game bundled? Yup!

#1569 5 months ago

yeah, I've seen the mariokart bundle (digital version installed on the system) and the smash bros. ultimate bundle (available now with a digital code to d/l the game on dec 3rd). both for $299.99 MSRP

#1570 5 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Do it!!

#1571 5 months ago

Super Mario Party is absolutely outstanding!!!! That is all, Lol

#1572 5 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Super Mario Party is absolutely outstanding!!!! That is all, Lol

Agreed, it is my favorite game on the system for multiplayer. Lots of different things to explore, and really unique challenges incorporating the gyroscope and rumble functions.

#1573 5 months ago

Anyone playing Dark Souls? I made the mistake of asking for it for Christmas...

#1574 5 months ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

mistake? because you have to wait?.....wait to die hahahaha. what a hard game. Great game though.

Anyone excited for Pokemon tomorrow?!

#1575 5 months ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

i actually started it last night. got thru the first boss area but thinking i might try and grind out the ****Spoiler ahead*****

****Spoiler***** dragon tail kill to get that sweet sword, dont know if i want to spend that much time doing it, although i did when the game first came out ****Spoiler****

#1576 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mistake? because you have to wait?.....wait to die hahahaha. what a hard game. Great game though.

It's my #2 favorite game behind Bloodborne, so of course I have to own this new incarnation of it.

#1577 5 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i actually started it last night. got thru the first boss area but thinking i might try and grind out the ****Spoiler ahead*****
****Spoiler***** dragon tail kill to get that sweet sword, dont know if i want to spend that much time doing it, although i did when the game first came out ****Spoiler****

***Potential Spoiler*** IIRC, the Gravelord Sword is decent and can be gotten pretty quickly.

#1578 4 months ago

Splatoon made me geh.

Splatted.jpg
#1579 4 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Daily Steals had the Switch for ~$180 today via Facebook. Sold out quickly though. Gamestop is going to do a bundle with Mario Kart for ~$300 plus you get a $50 gift card/store credit.

If you are active military or a vet, AAFES has some very good deals right now using bounceback coupons, plus no tax.

If you use Samsung Pay (requires Samsung Phone) they were offering 30% cash back for BestBuy purchases. They killed it earlier today though. I believe it did exclude gaming hardware, but worked for software. Mario Party with the extra joy-cons worked out to ~$70 + tax on $100. Got a killer deal on 10 TB hard drives using it.

#1580 4 months ago

picked up the mario party joy con bundle from best buy. its $100 but with gamerclub it was $80 and had a $20 gift card so figured for $60 bucks get a game and a set of joy cons should be a solid pick up.

hopefully get some people playing over the holidays

#1581 4 months ago

My friend just let me see his War Frame game in handheld.... 0.0 that game is gorgeous.

#1582 4 months ago

picked up the mario party joy con bundle from best buy. its $100 but with gamerclub it was $80 and had a $20 gift card so figured for $60 bucks get a game and a set of joy cons should be a solid pick up.

Considering joy cons alone are $70, I think you did alright

#1583 4 months ago

Mario vs Rabbids is $24 on the eShop right now. Fantastic game at a great price. Tons of other titles on sale as well. Enter the Gungeon is $7.50.

#1585 4 months ago

I didnt get anywhere near a good deal like you did, actually ended paying full price, but I picked up the Mario Party/JoyCon bundle, and a Mario and Luigi steering wheel for some local 4P Mario Kart/Mario Party goodness for the weekend.

#1586 4 months ago

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

#1587 4 months ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

Both good games at stupid awesome prices!!!!

#1588 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Both good games at stupid awesome prices!!!!

I asked my wife to try to pick them up. She enjoys braving the BF crowds. I do not.

#1589 4 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I asked my wife to try to pick them up. She enjoys braving the BF crowds. I do not.

Walmart advertised deals starting at 6PM. But these aren't part of the black friday deals. They're mispriced as this is supposed to be the price of the PS4 versions. I was able to walk in a little after 4PM and drive off with them within 10 minutes. Beating the black friday crowd by about 2 hours.

#1590 4 months ago

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

#1591 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

Mega Man 11 might be an option. High difficulty and the style is probably equal to Donkey Kong TF in terms of "kiddie-ness"

#1592 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.

It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

#1593 4 months ago

I'd say it's a must buy, not kiddie whatsoever. It's a game for ALL ages, my 7 year old loves it, my 19year old loves it, and so does 40year old dad.

#1594 4 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.
It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

I played the very first one on the original nintendo and it was pretty fun. Not sure if i would like it as much now if i went back and played it though. Im really liking DK Tropical Freeze alot and i like crash bandicoot games pretty good also if that helps?

#1595 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played the very first one on the original nintendo and it was pretty fun. Not sure if i would like it as much now if i went back and played it though. Im really liking DK Tropical Freeze alot and i like crash bandicoot games pretty good also if that helps?

It is worth getting. I like both of those games, but SMO is waaaaayyyy better. The major difference is that if you like very structured levels, SMO is going to be different. You can play it how you want to, not how the game makes you- like the other two titles you mentioned.

#1596 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s one of the greatest games ever made. It’s pure art. It’s not “for kids”.

#1597 4 months ago

If you do not consider Donkey Kong to be too "kiddie", then Mario will not be either. It's one of the best 3d platformers ever made.

#1598 4 months ago

Playing SMO had me feeling like when I was a kid playing super Mario 64, just pure joy

#1599 4 months ago

Got the Switch/Kart combo from Target this morning. Amazing they still had some since the sale started yesterday.

#1600 4 months ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Great info but this is one of the things that drives me nuts about Nintendo. Why do we have to pay so much more for games, it takes a pricing error to get the same product at the same price. Actually portability aside, the other console versions are typically better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Star Wars Premium Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 2071 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside