q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 89.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

VVVVVV is awesome, and the music is just phenomenal. There's a ton of extra content in it, too! Check out the Player created levels! It's like 18 sequels!

Thanks for the recommendation i love this silly, difficult game. With the blocky graphics its perfect for play on the go. finished the main story and working on the player created ones.

#1552 5 years ago

Grabbed one for a coworker!

F639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpegF639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpeg
#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Grabbed one for a coworker!
[quoted image]

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

#1555 5 years ago

for you diablo nuts, a diablo iii amiibo just dropped, can pre-order on gamestop

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/diablo-iii-loot-goblin-amiibo-only-at-gamestop/167755

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

I am very pleasantly surprised at how well the controls translate to the console. Inventory is a bit cumbersome, but overall I am very happy to be able to play Diablo 3 on the go.

#1557 5 years ago

I have not been following or keeping up with anything Switch related. However I have a few 12 year olds asking for them for Xmas.

What’s the best deal out there or coming up?

Any do’s or don’ts?

Any other advice?

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have not been following or keeping up with anything Switch related. However I have a few 12 year olds asking for them for Xmas.
What’s the best deal out there or coming up?
Any do’s or don’ts?
Any other advice?

I keep an eye on the Switch Deals Reddit for deals.

There are various bundles if your kids want some kind of special edition & a game included. (Pokemon, Smash Bros)

I’d recommend a glass screen protector. They’re pretty cheap on amazon. Multipack for like $7. It’ll keep the screen from getting scuffed if they travel with it.

#1559 5 years ago

easiest to install and best switch glass screen protector that I found. $7.99 for a 2-pack
https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#1560 5 years ago

bestbuy canada is having a 50% nintendo labo sale today....(i didnt check US)

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

bestbuy canada is having a 50% nintendo labo sale today....(i didnt check US)

They have 2 for $99 here....I’d go in on the 50% deal off but I don’t wanna try 2.

#1562 5 years ago

I picked up a physical copy of Death Mark today. It is creepy and a nice break from frenzied button-mashing.

1 week later
#1563 5 years ago

Been playing Diablo III with Gov

He has been playing the game for years, but it is my first foray into the series. I am enjoying it very much so far, and without a Switch I wouldn't have likely ever played the series. I picked up RDR2 for my xbox but haven't touched it since the first night, just something about the Swtich that makes gaming more fun for me it seems. Can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

#1564 5 years ago

Usually I hate trolls in Splatoon2, but this was kind of funny in a performance art sorta way. Two players named "God" and "HisFollwer" just stood on the spawn and rubbed their heads together.

Splat Troll.pngSplat Troll.png
#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Been playing Diablo III with gov
He has been playing the game for years, but it is my first foray into the series. I am enjoying it very much so far, and without a Switch I wouldn't have likely ever played the series. I picked up RDR2 for my xbox but haven't touched it since the first night, just something about the Swtich that makes gaming more fun for me it seems. Can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

Yes! I haven’t played D3 since launch and was really skeptical. The joycon joystick is a little funky but I usually use the pro controller and it works great.

Three of us at work got it so we play at lunch sometimes

#1567 5 years ago

Still looking to pick up 3 switches for Xmas. It appears that $299 for a bundle is the cheapest. Everyone agree?

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Still looking to pick up 3 switches for Xmas. It appears that $299 for a bundle is the cheapest. Everyone agree?

299 with a game bundled? Yup!

#1569 5 years ago

yeah, I've seen the mariokart bundle (digital version installed on the system) and the smash bros. ultimate bundle (available now with a digital code to d/l the game on dec 3rd). both for $299.99 MSRP

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Do it!!

#1571 5 years ago

Super Mario Party is absolutely outstanding!!!! That is all, Lol

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Super Mario Party is absolutely outstanding!!!! That is all, Lol

Agreed, it is my favorite game on the system for multiplayer. Lots of different things to explore, and really unique challenges incorporating the gyroscope and rumble functions.

#1573 5 years ago

Anyone playing Dark Souls? I made the mistake of asking for it for Christmas...

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

mistake? because you have to wait?.....wait to die hahahaha. what a hard game. Great game though.

Anyone excited for Pokemon tomorrow?!

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

i actually started it last night. got thru the first boss area but thinking i might try and grind out the ****Spoiler ahead*****

****Spoiler***** dragon tail kill to get that sweet sword, dont know if i want to spend that much time doing it, although i did when the game first came out ****Spoiler****

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mistake? because you have to wait?.....wait to die hahahaha. what a hard game. Great game though.

It's my #2 favorite game behind Bloodborne, so of course I have to own this new incarnation of it.

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i actually started it last night. got thru the first boss area but thinking i might try and grind out the ****Spoiler ahead*****
****Spoiler***** dragon tail kill to get that sweet sword, dont know if i want to spend that much time doing it, although i did when the game first came out ****Spoiler****

***Potential Spoiler*** IIRC, the Gravelord Sword is decent and can be gotten pretty quickly.

#1578 5 years ago

Splatoon made me geh.

Splatted.jpgSplatted.jpg
#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Daily Steals had the Switch for ~$180 today via Facebook. Sold out quickly though. Gamestop is going to do a bundle with Mario Kart for ~$300 plus you get a $50 gift card/store credit.

If you are active military or a vet, AAFES has some very good deals right now using bounceback coupons, plus no tax.

If you use Samsung Pay (requires Samsung Phone) they were offering 30% cash back for BestBuy purchases. They killed it earlier today though. I believe it did exclude gaming hardware, but worked for software. Mario Party with the extra joy-cons worked out to ~$70 + tax on $100. Got a killer deal on 10 TB hard drives using it.

#1580 5 years ago

picked up the mario party joy con bundle from best buy. its $100 but with gamerclub it was $80 and had a $20 gift card so figured for $60 bucks get a game and a set of joy cons should be a solid pick up.

hopefully get some people playing over the holidays

#1581 5 years ago

My friend just let me see his War Frame game in handheld.... 0.0 that game is gorgeous.

#1582 5 years ago

picked up the mario party joy con bundle from best buy. its $100 but with gamerclub it was $80 and had a $20 gift card so figured for $60 bucks get a game and a set of joy cons should be a solid pick up.

Considering joy cons alone are $70, I think you did alright

#1583 5 years ago

Mario vs Rabbids is $24 on the eShop right now. Fantastic game at a great price. Tons of other titles on sale as well. Enter the Gungeon is $7.50.

#1585 5 years ago

I didnt get anywhere near a good deal like you did, actually ended paying full price, but I picked up the Mario Party/JoyCon bundle, and a Mario and Luigi steering wheel for some local 4P Mario Kart/Mario Party goodness for the weekend.

#1586 5 years ago

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

Both good games at stupid awesome prices!!!!

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Both good games at stupid awesome prices!!!!

I asked my wife to try to pick them up. She enjoys braving the BF crowds. I do not.

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I asked my wife to try to pick them up. She enjoys braving the BF crowds. I do not.

Walmart advertised deals starting at 6PM. But these aren't part of the black friday deals. They're mispriced as this is supposed to be the price of the PS4 versions. I was able to walk in a little after 4PM and drive off with them within 10 minutes. Beating the black friday crowd by about 2 hours.

#1590 5 years ago

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

Mega Man 11 might be an option. High difficulty and the style is probably equal to Donkey Kong TF in terms of "kiddie-ness"

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.

It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

#1593 5 years ago

I'd say it's a must buy, not kiddie whatsoever. It's a game for ALL ages, my 7 year old loves it, my 19year old loves it, and so does 40year old dad.

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.
It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

I played the very first one on the original nintendo and it was pretty fun. Not sure if i would like it as much now if i went back and played it though. Im really liking DK Tropical Freeze alot and i like crash bandicoot games pretty good also if that helps?

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played the very first one on the original nintendo and it was pretty fun. Not sure if i would like it as much now if i went back and played it though. Im really liking DK Tropical Freeze alot and i like crash bandicoot games pretty good also if that helps?

It is worth getting. I like both of those games, but SMO is waaaaayyyy better. The major difference is that if you like very structured levels, SMO is going to be different. You can play it how you want to, not how the game makes you- like the other two titles you mentioned.

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s one of the greatest games ever made. It’s pure art. It’s not “for kids”.

#1597 5 years ago

If you do not consider Donkey Kong to be too "kiddie", then Mario will not be either. It's one of the best 3d platformers ever made.

#1598 5 years ago

Playing SMO had me feeling like when I was a kid playing super Mario 64, just pure joy

#1599 5 years ago

Got the Switch/Kart combo from Target this morning. Amazing they still had some since the sale started yesterday.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Great info but this is one of the things that drives me nuts about Nintendo. Why do we have to pay so much more for games, it takes a pricing error to get the same product at the same price. Actually portability aside, the other console versions are typically better.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.