2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,310 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Pinballerchef
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3E7B095B-5046-49CD-B7BB-E1FC191328D9 (resized).png
EC05D553-57EE-4EE3-8227-9EB6907BA764 (resized).png
881A0C13-CC88-45FA-85C9-3E5CB8890737 (resized).jpeg
0BE07796-4910-472F-AA9B-B2A0B6E16E6D (resized).jpeg
363E74EC-5BB7-46D8-8192-AB757994AAF2 (resized).jpeg
E046AC42-CD75-4681-94D4-84E672873883 (resized).jpeg
39A44D9A-0A01-40C9-858D-B910537BF27C (resized).jpeg
5D59B2BD-0A56-46CD-8F0A-B70A1928F903 (resized).jpeg
B5DA974C-C2D6-4C50-902F-EBE42AEA9142 (resized).jpeg
lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
acmc (resized).jpg
92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg
687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg
A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg

There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I seen there was a review for it on the 3DS but its suppose to be on the Switch also i think? Ive never played Luigis Mansion before but it looks like maybe it could be fun?

First one was originally a Gamecube game. It was just remastered and released on 3DS.

Second one (Dark Moon) was released on 3DS a couple years ago.

Third one will be released on Switch next year.

I hope they release a collection of 1 and 2 on Switch at some point, but I am not holding my breath.

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

First one was originally a Gamecube game. It was just remastered and released on 3DS.
Second one (Dark Moon) was released on 3DS a couple years ago.
Third one will be released on Switch next year.
I hope they release a collection of 1 and 2 on Switch at some point, but I am not holding my breath.

Yes! I never beat the gcn one, but would love them to bring them all to the switch

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am playing DK Tropical Freeze right now and its pretty good so far but its kind of hard at times. Hopefully i will be able to get through it on the normal mode and move on to another game.soon.

It's a hardcore platformer. That's why they added the Funky Mode...so people can enjoy it if it's too hard in regular mode.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I seen there was a review for it on the 3DS but its suppose to be on the Switch also i think? Ive never played Luigis Mansion before but it looks like maybe it could be fun?

Luigi's Mansion 3 has only been teased so far..it's supposed to come out sometime next year. It's basically a Ghostbusters type of game with Luigi...you sneak around a creepy mansion looking for various trinkets and keys, and you encounter and battle various types of ghosts that you have to suck up with your vacuum.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Luigi's mansion 3 is coming to the Switch next year. It is an all new game. The 3DS now has the first 2 games and they are both very fun.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a hardcore platformer. That's why they added the Funky Mode...so people can enjoy it if it's too hard in regular mode.

Yep i can definitely tell that much. Im gonna beat it in normal mode though, screw Funky Kong!

#1506 1 year ago

I see they're going to re-release New Super Mario Bros U on Switch. Couldn't they have just made an all new version? I don't much care for their trend at re-releasing games I already bought... but I might have to get NSMBU again.

#1507 1 year ago

If you wanted the MegaMan 11 Amiibo edition, Gamestop has it available online again!

Probably sell out pretty fast but I snagged one.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

If you wanted the MegaMan 11 Amiibo edition, Gamestop has it available online again!
Probably sell out pretty fast but I snagged one.

I picked up the japanese version of this. a really nice big box that is reminiscent of an oversized NES box (came with a lot of nice bonus items too!
81ApE9fUaVL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
61euMXR4QTL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I picked up the japanese version of this. a really nice big box that is reminiscent of an oversized NES box (came with a lot of nice bonus items too!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

i looked into it but the shipping was crazy expensive from the sites i found it available on so i bailed on it hah.

#1510 1 year ago

amazon.co.jp will ship to the states and their shipping costs aren't too bad

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I see they're going to re-release New Super Mario Bros U on Switch. Couldn't they have just made an all new version? I don't much care for their trend at re-releasing games I already bought... but I might have to get NSMBU again.

I generally hate the rehashed titles but since WiiU is the only Nintendo console I didn't own NSMBU, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikmin 3 get a pass. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker could get some money if they released them at a budget price.

#1512 1 year ago

Id love a skyward sword hd port with normal controls.

but year im not re-buying any wii u games on switch. donkey kong was great but already beat it, same with the mario game (which was super easy...)

the one I almost buy every time its on sale is Rayman, that was the game that convinced me to buy a wii u cause it was suppose to be a console exclusive then ubisoft ported it to everything lol but ive held strong and not bought it again (although it is a great party game)

#1513 1 year ago

With only 13 million Wii Us sold, there is a fairly small number of people who have played the Wii U games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe outsold Mario Cart 8 by about 3 million copies already. Mario U and Luigi U together outsold Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, so Nintendo is probably hoping for similar sales on the Switch. There are a lot of good games on the Wii U. I won't pay full price for the ones I own on the Wii U, but I will probably pick them up on sale someday. I am hoping that the next version of these games will hit in a couple of years.

I have only purchased 3 $60 games on the switch so far: zelda, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Tennis. Mario Tennis is the only one I regret buying. DKC is a great game on the Switch, but I would not have played it much on the Wii U. It is too hard. I die way too often playing in Funky mode, but it makes the game fun and playable for me.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

With only 13 million Wii Us sold, there is a fairly small number of people who have played the Wii U games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe outsold Mario Cart 8 by about 3 million copies already. Mario U and Luigi U together outsold Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, so Nintendo is probably hoping for similar sales on the Switch. There are a lot of good games on the Wii U. I won't pay full price for the ones I own on the Wii U, but I will probably pick them up on sale someday. I am hoping that the next version of these games will hit in a couple of years.
I have only purchased 3 $60 games on the switch so far: zelda, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Tennis. Mario Tennis is the only one I regret buying. DKC is a great game on the Switch, but I would not have played it much on the Wii U. It is too hard. I die way too often playing in Funky mode, but it makes the game fun and playable for me.

DKC is very difficult but i keep hitting the start button over and over and over again anyways lol. Its crzy fun!

#1515 1 year ago

I would have preferred an ultimate compilation of the "New" series. HD remasters of New SMB1 & 2 from DS, HD remaster of New SMB Wii in addition to the already HD New SMB U. I've double dipped on a few games...not sure if I will on this one. I have too much backlog at this point. ....but it's great for people who never played it or want it on the go.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

DKC is a great game on the Switch, but I would not have played it much on the Wii U. It is too hard. I die way too often playing in Funky mode, but it makes the game fun and playable for me.

I love that it's hard. Especially the bonus levels. Have you gotten to the one where there is no floor and you have to navigate the entire thing by bouncing off owls' heads? Oh yeah, and there's no checkpoints either! Great game though, I got halfway through it and paused for Octopath traveler. Almost done with that and then back to DKC.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I love that it's hard. Especially the bonus levels. Have you gotten to the one where there is no floor and you have to navigate the entire thing by bouncing off owls' heads? Oh yeah, and there's no checkpoints either! Great game though, I got halfway through it and paused for Octopath traveler. Almost done with that and then back to DKC.

I am on the second island. I have no idea how many there are in the game. I am currently doing the cart level, and trying to find the other exit. I have tried multiple times, and can't find it. I think i may just move on for now.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am on the second island. I have no idea how many there are in the game. I am currently doing the cart level, and trying to find the other exit. I have tried multiple times, and can't find it. I think i may just move on for now.

Thats where im at....almost to the 3rd level i think. I believe there are 5 or 6 islands and about 6 levels per island roughly? I'm going to beat the game but im not concerned with collecting all the puzzle pieces and kong letters. You know that you can buy stuff with the coins you collect and use them before you start a level to help you get through it right?

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I generally hate the rehashed titles but since WiiU is the only Nintendo console I didn't own NSMBU, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikmin 3 get a pass. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker could get some money if they released them at a budget price.

Same, these releases are for those of use that didn't buy a WiiU. I am happy for that.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats where im at....almost to the 3rd level i think. I believe there are 5 or 6 islands and about 6 levels per island roughly? I'm going to beat the game but im not concerned with collecting all the puzzle pieces and kong letters. You know that you can buy stuff with the coins you collect and use them before you start a level to help you get through it right?

Haha, yeah, I have bought quite a few of the red balloons.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Haha, yeah, I have bought quite a few of the red balloons.

Ok just wanted to make sure you knew lol. I didn't know for awhile.

#1522 1 year ago

Anyone play Kirby Star Allies yet?

i'm on the final boss on Octopath after beating all chapter 4's so i can start thinking about future gaming haha

#1523 1 year ago

Anyone play Kirby Star Allies yet?
i'm on the final boss on Octopath after beating all chapter 4's so i can start thinking about future gaming haha

Great game! There is a demo on the eshop. It “seems” easy but it’s about replay and unlocking.

Did anyone get Big Buck Hunter Arcade? I want to know what controls are available before buying

#1524 1 year ago

Happy Halloween! ...and watch out for Satan worshipers on the slaughter in Splatoon hehe

09AB4678-AF79-4EAC-812F-33D7B48DF5E5.jpegBC2BC67C-F54F-4FF7-A94E-FD2B5F40308E.jpegD575E9AF-37D9-45D8-8E4E-DB339AFAB3A8.jpeg
#1525 1 year ago

Has anyone played the messenger? Worth buying?

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Has anyone played the messenger? Worth buying?

It had a lot of hype but it seems to have fizzled. I was excited for it, but watched some videos and the music is really obnoxious. That killed it for me.

#1527 1 year ago

Yokus Island physical is on sale at Best Buy for 19.99. If you still have gamer pass its $15.99

#1528 1 year ago

I'm haven't played an RPG in a long time, but I am considering picking up Dark Souls: Remastered for the Switch. Any thoughts on this game? Download or physical?

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm haven't played an RPG in a long time, but I am considering picking up Dark Souls: Remastered for the Switch. Any thoughts on this game? Download or physical?

Dark Souls is an RPG? I thought it was a super difficult action game.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dark Souls is an RPG? I thought it was a super difficult action game.

OK, an action game. Super difficult may prove to be a deciding factor.

#1531 1 year ago

It's a third person rogue-like. You go through several areas repeatedly and though you eventually die, you end up getting stronger and getting more skills each time through, making it a little deeper after each play. It's a super fun franchise and definitely worth playing if you like that kind of genre. You will die, a lot, but that's almost the point.

There's a 2D side scrolling game called Salt & Sanctuary that is nearly the same.

The player-written-clue-mechanic is cool too. You can leave notes for other players to read to help them out. The catch is that there are only a limited number of preset words you can choose from, which means some messages read more like personalized license plates.

Man, I need to get back into Dark Souls!

#1532 1 year ago

Dark Souls is one of my favorite games. A lot of the fun is devoting your resources to building out a specific skill set.

I would recommend first timers play through online. You can breeze through it if you have decent help.

Playing it offline, solo, with no player hints or bloodstains is the real challenge! I started a solo playthrough on the ps3 version a long time ago and didn't make it through. I got to O&S and got too frustrated.

By contrast, I did solo my way through Bloodborne and Demons Souls. I played through Dark Souls 2 once online and never played it again. I did a few playthroughs of Dark Souls 3 online and never bothered trying it solo.

#1533 1 year ago

Thank for the input; this helps a lot.

#1534 1 year ago

I had never heard of a “roguelike” until a year ago. I ended up liking a lot of the indie ones line Flame In The Flood, Enter the Gungeon, Flinthook...but Dark souls doenst appeal to me. It’s too ugly and dark...not my style.

#1535 1 year ago

demon souls / dark souls games are soo good.

they keep you on your toes at all times!

some of the best games of all time imo

2 wasnt that great, they made it too easy and too many save spots. 3 is a masterpiece. 1 is fantastic as well. Demon souls is prob my fav still.

game doesnt give you anything, you have to earn it all and figure it out as you go. can kind of use your imagination to make up a story as you go as well.

i think calling it a "rouge like" is a disservice cause a lot of people dont like those style games. this is so much more imo. Isnt part of rouge likes randomizing the levels?

The way these games map takes you really far away from the center node only to unlock short cuts and what not back is really great. The environments are just fantastic.

I just finished Octopath and about to jump into Dark Souls when I have gaming time open up.

#1536 1 year ago

demon souls / dark souls games are soo good.
they keep you on your toes at all times!
some of the best games of all time imo
2 wasnt that great, they made it too easy and too many save spots. 3 is a masterpiece. 1 is fantastic as well. Demon souls is prob my fav still.
game doesnt give you anything, you have to earn it all and figure it out as you go. can kind of use your imagination to make up a story as you go as well.
i think calling it a "rouge like" is a disservice cause a lot of people dont like those style games. this is so much more imo. Isnt part of rouge likes randomizing the levels?
The way these games map takes you really far away from the center node only to unlock short cuts and what not back is really great. The environments are just fantastic.
I just finished Octopath and about to jump into Dark Souls when I have gaming time open up.

I guess calling it a roguelike probably isn't the most accurate. In roguelikes, there is permanent death and randomly generated levels. Maybe a 3rd person Metroidvania is a bit more accurate. You keep the same character, but you can die (a lot) and start from checkpoints but gain upgrades as you go along. I enjoy both genres regardless

#1537 1 year ago

I think Dark Souls did this the best.

Demons Souls didn't really do this since it was based on teleporting into a zone from the Nexus.

Dark Souls 2 had a pretty bad cross shaped map with dead ends, if I recall correcty. I didn't like that about it at all.

DS3 had some of the connectedness, but I don't think it did it as well as DS1. Maybe by the time I got to this game, I was a decent player, but I found DS3 to be way easy, and it got easier on NG+...

Bloodborne is the best of the Souls games, in my opinion, though you're forced into an aggressive play style over the potentially slower defensive style in DS.

I guess if I had to rank them:
Bloodborne - best atmosphere and "story"
Dark Souls - awesome connected world - interesting "story"
Demons Souls - started it all - great concept and level design - you can become the boss for a level in another player's game!
DS3 - a nice layer of polish and a good implementation of the formula, but it kind of felt like a rehash - I honestly didn't come away with incredibly memorable experiences compared to those above.
DS2 - I don't know WTF was supposed to be going on in the "story" of this one. I was happy to have a new entry in the series, but I found myself wishing I was just playing the original

Anyway, Dark Souls on Switch should be a fun way to experience this awesome game. I would recommend giving it a try to anyone on the fence. Play it online, and know that you will be able to overcome obstacles, even if they seem impossible, especially if you summon other players to help you.

Oh and forget about anything you have in mind for what playing an online game today is. I hate online games, and I'll probably subscribe to Nintendo's service to play DS.

#1538 1 year ago

I’m so disappointed, BBH arcade has NO gyro/motion controls. Only via the joystick I was so excited for this, and now it’s a no buy, unless they patch it. I sent the publisher a letter but I bet nothing will happen. Cabelas is supposed to have a motion control hunting game coming

#1539 1 year ago

I honestly didn't know Dark Souls was a rogue like. Might actually give it a shot. Love me some rogue like action.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

I honestly didn't know Dark Souls was a rogue like. Might actually give it a shot. Love me some rogue like action.

Like I mentioned, it's less roguelike and more metroidvania. You play the same character, there are RPG elements, you build your character to access new areas, or just to get strong enough to defeat stronger enemies (to access new areas). If you don't cash in your souls ("currency" for upgrades) and you die, your stash of souls drops where you last died and you can choose to go retrieve it. If you die before you get your souls back, they disappear. Excellent risk/reward system. You die A LOT, so be prepared for that.

#1541 1 year ago

I want to hook up my Switch in the theatre room. Doing so for me will be a 30 minute endeveour to move the AMP unit around. But before I do all of that I was wondering if the switch console needed to be infront of the players if we played Just Dance? Right now all my amps, players and connections or behind the coutch in the back wall. Can we play just dans and will the console figure out the location of the individuals even if the console is behind them and not in front of them?

#1542 1 year ago

It does NOT need line of sight to work, however you may have connection issues depending where the dock is because bluetooth sucks

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It does NOT need line of sight to work, however you may have connection issues depending where the dock is because bluetooth sucks

Agreed. My switch is about 20’ from the playing area. It’s connected to the theater equipment in the utility room. At that short of a distance, we commonly have controllers drop and communication issues. It’s pretty disappointing because the Wii worked like a champ at that same distance with Bluetooth.

If you can run cat 5 from the amp to the play area, you can add HDMI baluns at each end that should eliminate the issue.

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

People are literally going to be standing 2 feet away from the unit.

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I want to hook up my Switch in the theatre room. Doing so for me will be a 30 minute endeveour to move the AMP unit around. But before I do all of that I was wondering if the switch console needed to be infront of the players if we played Just Dance? Right now all my amps, players and connections or behind the coutch in the back wall. Can we play just dans and will the console figure out the location of the individuals even if the console is behind them and not in front of them?

That’s how mine is set up. All my equip is to the side of my couch & it works fine. Sometimes the right Joy-Con likes to lag or disconnect if I’m too far....but if I pull the dock out a bit it’s fine. Pro controller seems to hold a more stable connection....that’s never had an issue while playing far.

#1547 1 year ago

Just got an email from Limited Run Games saying they are partnering with Best Buy for certain switch releases including Golf Story and Yooka Laylee

Best Buy is ordering them the same time as when pre-orders are opened up but will have a different cover

Thought a big part of LRG was to get away from traditional retail hah

#1548 1 year ago

Just got an email from Limited Run Games saying they are partnering with Best Buy for certain switch releases including Golf Story and Yooka Laylee
Best Buy is ordering them the same time as when pre-orders are opened up but will have a different cover
Thought a big part of LRG was to get away from traditional retail hah

Maybe that means they didn't sell as many as they thought they would & they need to "dump" the carts?

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe that means they didn't sell as many as they thought they would & they need to "dump" the carts?

said Best Buy ordered 5,000 Yooka Laylees out of the print run under 25,000 units.

#1550 1 year ago

said Best Buy ordered 5,000 Yooka Laylees out of the print run under 25,000 units.

I'm just waiting for it to be $20 or less on the eShop. Its like $16.99 on PSN right now...I can wait it out lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 1,099.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside