q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

410 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northvibe. You are on page 2 of 2.
#3020 4 years ago

Just snagged the touryst demo! Wowwwww really liked it! To the person who was just wanting a puzzle like old Zelda, this is it!

Also I played the demo for New Super Luckys Tale, which plays amazing. It’s n64 platformer feeling. Only issue I found was lots of loading. Otherwise I put it on my wish list makes me wonder why yooka laylee didn’t play like this...

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lucky originally launched on Xbox One, and they had the “luck” to rework and improve the game for Switch with Nintendo’s help. I think if Yooka had a 2nd shot at a major launch, they could have polished it a bit more.

I had kickstarted yooka on wiiu. It was delayed of course and the rework on pc/xbox was great but I have it on switch and man I really like and want to play it, but the controls and camera are a clunkfest. They've had time to fix/improve but it hasn't been done. Yooka impossible lair is fantastic. I assume they dropped the 1st one to focus on the 2nd and generate revenue. I think they are very talented and learned from the 1st, so hopefully they keep making more!

Are you talking about Lucky's being redone for improved gameplay? I only played the demo, but was very impressed with controls and camera for a 3d platformer and want to buy it. Good on them for improving it.

Edit: HA I missed you said Lucky at first.

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I agree with buying the Pro Controller. The feel is very good and I like the larger buttons vs. the joycons. My one gripe with buying new Joycons, is that the "holder" for them to act as a controller is another $25. So that makes getting another controller (using joycons) over $100.

the one that comes with the switch is not as good as that one, but I still don't like the joycons for serious gaming. the pro controller or knock offs are worth it. You can even get a module that allows a ps4 or xbox 1 controller to sync with the switch.

#3028 4 years ago

I didn't realize the team behind FAST RMX made touryst!!! That makes me want to buy asap and not wait for a sale. Great team to support.

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I didnt realize the Switch came with anything besides the Joycons?

No, I mean the joycon holder that makes it seem like a controller.

Stock one:
7339FN1 (resized).jpg7339FN1 (resized).jpg

This one allows you to plug in and charge the joycons without taking them out of the holder
5730706_rd (resized).jpg5730706_rd (resized).jpg

#3034 4 years ago

this is old, but there are a handful of "good" but cheap controllers

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Sharing this so that others can learn from my experience. I’ve tried a wide assortment of controllers in an effort to not spend so much on a pro controller. Everything from knock-offs to amazon high-rated. Just buy a pro controller. Nothing else feels as good and you’ll end up spending more due to a lack of satisfaction.

That’s my thought, but some people just don’t want to drop the money. My wiiu pro controller had battery life for years it felt

#3038 4 years ago

I bought touryst tonight, damn, this game is addicting. Love the puzzles and side quest stuff. It’s like a lazy chill zelda

#3061 4 years ago

Is ring fit seriously sold out forever? I can’t find it anywhere and now with the new update I want it :-p

#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The Touryst is now on sale for $13.99. I took the plunge.

F me..... well I just beat it and the only missions I didn’t complete were in the arcade. Fantastic game. Hope they make a sequel!

#3081 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

What kind of game is that exactly? Is it a puzzle game?

They were calling it a puzzle chill/couch zelda like game. No weapons but you do have boss fights. Cleaver puzzles and no help, so like an old school zelda.

I'm trying to see how many hours I played it, but can't see it on the switch because I just played and it said I played 4 days ago or whatever instead of hrs played.

#3094 4 years ago

Mmmmm

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Anyone have Ring Fit Adventure? It’s selling for stupid money. I’m curious if it is a good workout option? Why are people paying 3 to 4 times the retail price?

They didn't make too many of them, and now the update is coming out with some awesome game features, I think people want it now. Along with what deacon said, people are stuck inside and want to play.

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

We have it, nobody has played it much although we enjoy it when we do. It's a fun way to exercise but it's not such a great game that it makes you exercise.

Check out the update!

Also this

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-dark-souls-being-played-with-ring-fit-advent/1100-6475690/?PostType=link&ftag=ftag%3DGSS-05-10aab8e&ServiceType=twitter&UniqueID=376FAA16-7843-11EA-AF67-EAA396E8478F&TheTime=2020-04-06T20%3A14%3A27

#3141 4 years ago

Update from playtonic

Owners Discount

From the 9th-19th April, if you own Yooka-Laylee on Switch, you can purchase Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for a whopping 50% off.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Yooka the Impossible Lair is really good, definitely felt more like a "Rare" game than the first Yooka game.

Freaking loved it. I didn’t beat the boss but completed all the levels. Loved the mix of 3D and side scroll. Hope they make another game or dlc, but more 3D puzzles!

Quoted from Rarehero:

SPLOON 4 LYFE!!!
Are you splatting safely?[quoted image]

I was HUGE into splatoon 1, then big when splatoon 2 dropped but haven’t played it as much recently, too many good players as switch is popular where wiiu wasn’t :-p

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So much has changed since launch...so many more weapons, stages, music, tweaks & balancing...
You should generally be matched with players of similar skill. If the competition bums you out, try Salmon Run - it’s a super fun cooperative online mode.

I LOVED Salmon run but never had enough friends on and the randoms are super hit or miss.

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you try the ranked battles? The ranking system is much improved in Splatoon2. Skill level is fairly equal in ranked games.

problem is I was spanked with my team being randoms and the other had to of been a clan or friend group on chat. and that was irritating as all get out. Playing against ~pro level teams with your cobbled together team succcckkkks. I'd rather play salmon run with randoms. I miss the game, I'll throw it back in.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every match is randomized, so there’s no way a clan is always going to be on the same team if you’re playing Turf War. That can only happen in League. I play well with ransoms. Just knowing the maps well & using “This way”, “Booyah” etc is enough communication to play well with strangers. Sometimes there are idiots or trolls...just leave the group & join another.

Well at least back when, you could join multiple friends and be in a party to play

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

BOTW, Pro controller, and hundreds of hours of your time...

Pro controller is probably the first accessory that should be purchased. If you play handheld a lot, maybe a new grip. There are way too many games :-p most first party and tons of indie and 3rd party,

Bayonetta 1/2 if you like hack n slash
Botw
Splatoon
Mario
Luigi mansion
Mario kart

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

I picked up Luigis mansion 3 a while back and just forgot about it really, is it in the base game or do you have to buy the “multiplayer dlc”?
Also love snipperclips, I fear we are getting to the end of the game so might have to get the dlc on it too haha

Coop is in the original game without dlc but you do have to complete the beginning of the single player to start it

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Can you use the pro controller for just about any game? I'm thinking of just picking up one and then if the wife and I play two player, one can use the pro controller and one can use the normal control that comes with the system.

Correct. Unless it involves super movement that would need a joycon like ring fit. Otherwise it has gyro inside too

1 week later
#3188 3 years ago

anyone play Animal crossing with their young child? I dont have time to play AC myself everyday, but if I play with my 2.5 yr old she would get a kick out of picking up fruit etc.

1 week later
#3209 3 years ago

Just got my animal crossing today!

Let my daughter help setup and name things... ohhh boy

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

How does one acquire such a thing? I don't have AC myself, but my girlfriend does, and she was very interested.

I think you have to get X far into the game and have the house, stores etc unlocked and upgraded aka playing the game for 2-3 weeks, and then things like that are purchase or buildable.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Guys,
Who makes the best screen protector for the Switch Lite?
My nephew is staying with us through the pandemic and we bought him one for his birthday next week.
Thanks,
Mike

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Bought this one for my regular switch and it's great. Maybe they have one for the lite as well?
amazon.com link »

Thats what I got for my normal switch and would recommend. I would assume they make switch lite versions.

EDIT:
found it
https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07TCPVHTM/ref=sr_1_4

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Been loving streets of rage 4, and it plays wonderfully on the switch.

UGHHHHHHHH my LRG physical needs to ship!!! i'm sooooo excited to play this. I have countless hours of SoR2 and 3 on genesis growing up. I remember being hyped for fighting force on ps1 and I also have the final fight arcade1up. However SoR4 has coop online...soooo pumped. I just wish it was cross platform coop

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LRG does too many titles that should just come out normally day-and-date with digital. I didn’t have patience to wait for SOR4...and it was only $20 & wanted to support the developer & start playing! No regrets, it’s incredible.

Ya was meaning to buy it on x1 but it’s just packed away while the basement remodel happens but not sure how long I can wait...

2 weeks later
#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

A friend of mine was able to secure a Switch for me. I plan on picking it up in a week or two. I have been out of the video game fold since the Wii. Wanted to get a Switch so my family can play Mario Kart. During the quarantine my kids have really enjoyed the Mario Karts from the Snes to the Wii.
Each Joy Con is considered a controller, correct? I see the Joy Cons have reliability issues? Should I buy a few pro controllers? Screen protector?
Any recommendations for family/kid friendly games?
Thanks!

glass screen protector. at least 1 pro controller if you want to seriously game, or want to game docked.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yes pretty much all the joy cons will have that drift issue sooner or later. Supposedly Nintendo now fixed them for free, but post virus closing they have a looping wait list.
I, like many others, ended up buying a bunch of replacement sticks on Amazon (15$ a pair) and I replace them myself. It's a bit tedious at first but I got used to it after replacing more than I hoped for.
Buying pro controllers is an option but some multiplayer games (Mario Party typically) only work with joy cons, so one way or another you should have 4 joy cons.
And yes you should also put a screen protector, the dock is tight and you will use it a lot, there's a risk of scratching the screen everytime you take it in and out of the dock.
Truth is it's a great game system but there are a lot of engineering mistakes, I'm not confident we'll still be able to play the switch in 20 years.

Your dock is tight? mm, even with my screen protector, the dock/switch seem fine. I have a 1st release unit.

I would agree on the joycons. I don't have any spare sets yet, but I never take them off my unit. The only time I remember was playing snipper clips with my wife at launch. I'll probably get another set to have lay around for party games though. OR if they finally get some cool shooter games rolling out.

The pro controller is the only way to play serious games. Using the joycons in a grip, does not do it for me. I dislike the joysticks on it.

3 weeks later
#3306 3 years ago

I picked up New Super Lucky’s Tale, I love the game. Great if you like those old n65 platformers, however like Minecraft dungeons it suffers some slow stutter and long load times.

Not sure if this is a unity engine thing or just not optimized for switch/android.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I 100%ed this game...really enjoy the Luckys Tales games as they are fun collectathons. I didn’t notice any distracting stutters but load times aren’t fun.

On switch, right? When I collect a Letter from LUCKY it goes chop. I am playing in handheld at the moment, forgot if it did it docked.

4 weeks later
#3323 3 years ago

I could see a switch 2 in a few years, that plays switch 1 and new games...in reality it would just be a new gen nvideo cpu/gpu.... so not hard to do for their technology path.

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That happened with *new* 3DS...some games were only compatible with the new one, and that splits the user base. If they could come out with an upgrade that runs new games on the original version too, that would be ideal.

...but then why have a switch 2?

#3326 3 years ago

Just got the email, Shakedown: Hawaii is 33% off! $13.33

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In theory, It would be cool “Upgraded games” could still run on OG Switch with reduced textured or framerate....and if OG games got patched with performance boosts if played on the new one.

They wouldn't sell consoles then. It is too hard enough to program a game and have backward, but to make a game work on a prior gen, the QA would be too costly for most. Then if it didn't work right, people would flip out. and if I've learned anything from Pinside...people would complain the graphics suck

Quoted from timtim:

I bet they call it the Switch U

hahahha, that is the worst idea best joke

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My feeling is Nintendo is transitioning away from the home console market. I don't think they will even pretend to try and compete in that space. They will just go more and more handheld. They are already basically G3, we have had G4, G4.5 and now G5 is right around the corner. They are just out of the race at this point. Covid really helped them out, with all the kids making parents pull their hair out. They will always have their first party titles but they are going to really struggle beyond that.

the indie scene is HUGE on the switch, so not sure how it will or is struggling? The switch is getting some big titles like the Witcher etc. If xbox brings live and gamepass to switch...#$@#$ game over!

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Isn't rarehero suggesting exactly what the new Xbox Series X is going to do? You'll still be able to play all new released games that are intended for the new Series X, but you'll be able to play them at a lower resolution on a current Xbox One X. It's basically how PC gaming has been for ages. Sure you can play the hot new release, but not on "ULTRA" settings!

I am not aware of xbox 1 playing series x games, only that series x will try to fully support all old xbox games.

To support new games on old consoles is going to be WAY to complicated. the hardware changes in video, memory calls etc. it would require something like wii and wiiu or ps2/ps3. And that is not worth the time or effort. Having the new console support old games is easier to support..why do tech support for old consoles. and you're forcing your game devs to support it too.

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I’m not saying it’s doomed or anything just that it’s niche and going to stay that way. As far as hardware They will just do minor iterations like they always have with the handheld market. There is really no point to them upgrading. They will upgrade based on price point, when the new chips are cheaper than what they are using they will drop a Switch plus or whatever they call it but there hasn’t even been a hint of it yet. I just meant struggling for content beyond that, it’s not like anyone is going to port G5 games to it.
The indie scene is far from huge, it’s enough for some small studios to squeak out a living.

Almost 3k games on the switch today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games_(A%E2%80%93L)

and now Crysis is coming to swtich.... I don't think the switch is niche...it has out sold the other two consoles... :shrug:

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

But why?
Looks like it's coming in at $30, so might be fun to see. I don't remember how many years ago I struggled finding a balance of concessions in settings to get it to run on my gaming pc, so I have a hard time imagining switch running it well unless they've done some crazy optimizations. I also wonder if it has aged well. It was the bees knees when it was originally released in 2007, but 3d games don't often age well, in my opinion.

look how pretty it is

While most "gamers" or hardcore gamers have played these big titles. Most nintendo people have not, and with younger generation picking up gaming, they missed the cool games from back then.
I remember having the beta/alpha builds of far cry, crysis, HL etc... man...when I had free time

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Guys your looking at data of a slice of time. Nintendo has sold like 50 million switches compared to 100 million PS4. The PS4 has hit market saturation. Also the PlayStation Network alone not including hardware or packaged goods had 12.5 billion in revenue compared to all of Nintendo at around 10.9 billion. That doesn’t include all the monsters of the industry making games. In the video game industry Nintendo is a beloved niche market. It’s not an insult there is nothing wrong with loving indies. Just like in movies there are amazing indies but compared to studio pictures there niche.

I think we all agree nintendo is the underdog and ps/ms are the monsters, but saying Nintendo's switch doesn't have lots of indie titles or it is a niche...how can it be a niche when the switch is has sold more than xbox which you say is a monster.

Ps4 has just under 3k games out, just about the same as switch.

I don't think the market is saturated technically, but why would people buy a ps4 when the ps5 is coming this year? The one reason would be because it is on sale and you cant afford a ps5.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3347 3 years ago

What is that?
If it's not couch co-op 4 player, it won't get played at my house. I just don't get the time to play games on my own anymore.

I just did a podcast about coop and 2-4 player games! AAAHHHHH I miss the n64 days. Cardboard on the tv, so we can play goldeneye hahahhah. dang...just isn't the same anymore :/ I was hoping streets of rage 4 and minecraft dungeons would change that some, but no cross play yet and none of my switch friends have purchased those games as they are on xbox gamepass

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Maybe read some news on that Crysis port. It literally looked so bad they delayed it on all platforms excepts Switch. On Switch they said well that’s just as good as it gets and release it. I do think it’s cool they managed to get it ported as Crysis was a landmark. It is 13 years old though and many of the Crysis hard core feel the downgrade to switch is tarnishing it’s legacy. Crysis was a special game with a cult like following.
I never said Xbox is a monster it took a serious beating this generation a shadow of its former self.
I also never said switch doesn’t have a lot of indies. Just that indies is a niche market.

You're right, my bad. You didn't call out xbox. I clump the ps and ms boxes together in my head as they are the juggernauts even if x1 didn't sell well.

I suppose indies are niche, but some go bonkers huge...probably a small % though.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah if anyone is going to release the next Blair Witch its going to be Nintendo.

lol, not sure about nintendo, I think most indie dev teams are using platforms or code bases that allow export to all consoles...which makes sense.

#3355 3 years ago

Demons tilt is 30% off! So $13.99

1 week later
#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You gotta love Nintendo, they announce Pikmin 3 for switch at $60 and quietly pull the $20 WiiU version. So if you if you actually have WiiU you get screwed and to play on Switch you have to pay triple for a 7 year old game. I was hoping to play it but I just can't justify that price point. I suspect they will do the same with the HD Zeldas those would be more tempting for me, especially Twilight.
P.S. The Sony Summer Sale has some killer titles at sweet discounts, such a massive contrast.

I swear I have the physical for wiiu. Which is another reason I like physical game collecting even though it has begun to annoy me on switch. The trailer makes me want to play the game again but I remember getting stuck and not playing it again....hmm

#3393 3 years ago

Is that happening? I was wanting to show the cat suits to my daughter since we go the Lego Mario cat suit and went as far as plugging up the Wii U to turn on the tablet and confirm I still had the game installed on it.
My memory of the game is that it was super easy. Like way too easy for a Mario game, where most levels are finished in the first try.

It was heavily rumored with the 50th? Mario anniversary.

I would love a sunshine remaster or sequel. I never had my wii, wiiu or Gc out long enough to remember to just play it.

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The strong rumor is that there’s going to be a Mario All-Stars 2 collection with 64, Sunshine & Galaxy 1&2 remastered.

I hope so. Galaxy was a sweet series they should continue as well

1 week later
#3401 3 years ago

This is awesome! It was a wii game they didn't get much love. They really haven't pushed many switch games to use the joysticks like wiimotes...which is actually super surprising. 1-2 switch was a great idea starter and barely any indie's even have used their features...odd.

I also heard NFS hot pursuit was rumored as a remake!!! I will day 1 buy that. Love that series. Not a fan of this open world driving crap. Wish they would of kept a classic style series.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Untitled Goose Game getting a 2player mode!
Easily my favourite game of 2019, getting even better.

Do we know if this is local or/and online 2player?

1 week later
#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Waited on a translation for like 20 years, finally been able to play this gem in English. Thank you Switch, sega port segagaga on this and I can die happy.
[quoted image]

hahah, anti-hero rpg. seems like a unique game.

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I haven’t had a chance to watch the direct yet are they really just dumping Mario 64 as is, that is classic Nintendo lazy.

really? mario 64, sunshine and galaxy with the graphic enhancements is lazy? I'd I have been wanting to reply these so bad but my old consoles are packed away. I'm super pumped and already pre-ordered.

Super Mario 64
Docked mode: 960 × 720 pixels, Handheld mode: 960 × 720 pixels

Super Mario Sunshine
Docked mode: 1920 × 1080 pixels, Handheld mode: 1280 × 720 pixels

Super Mario Galaxy
Docked mode: Up to 1920 x 1080 pixels, Handheld mode: Up to 1280 x 720 pixels

EDIT: I did re-read and you said if they dump as is. Well I would of loved if they did the extras they cut from back then like luigi or 2player but looks like just a graphic enhancement.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I’d love a 64 remaster that has Odyssey level visuals, I think I know why they did it this way. N64 nostalgia is huge right now, and for those who grew up with it, they love the way Mario 64 looks in the same way I love how NES SMB looks. It’s still a great game to play with amazing music. For me, having Sunshine & Galaxy in HD is huuuuuge. I don’t have a GC anymore, and Galaxy is too good to be stuck in SD. Bummed about Galaxy 2 not being included...but I hope it’s an unlockable or downloadable later.

Yeah I agree, there is something classic and nostalgic about the look of the m64. It still looks way better than n64 original graphics, but would a remaster be cool? Sure, but not needed imo. Be better time spent making a new game

#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Not Goldeneye but I've played Perfect Dark recently and it held up pretty well

On Xbox or n64?

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Xbox. One thing Microsoft did right was design a near perfect controller that you can map most any game to play how you want

ahhh, see the game holds up, but if you play PD on n64....the controls "don't". They take some time to get used to again, but it is much better with the twin sticks.

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Excited for Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I enjoyed the first game and this one being set 100 years before BotW sounds awesome.

I heard local coop... really hoping they get online coop....I love dynasty warrior games!

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not necessarily... Switch joycons have motion sensors. Skyward Sword switch port will come with Nintendo Labo 2: cardboard swords, shields, boomerangs and bombs

Totally underutilized. Super sad we don’t have gun games making a bigger appearance on switch

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Is the Pro controller worth the money?

Yes. The pro controller is a great controller. I’ve never had an issue but I get I only play a few hours a week.

There are good knock off controllers for ~$25 but they are missing the vibration or the amiibo scan. Not a huge deal.

Also there are adapters so you can use an Xbox controller is you prefer

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Have you seen this? Havent looked into it yet just saw the preorder ad last night
Edit: wow i watched a video of this game, probably one of the worst games ever lol. might be worth getting as it will be rare in the future cause it is complete trash.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/chicken-range-bundle-nintendo-switch/6427114.p?skuId=6427114

Oh no! I didn’t. Dang the joycon gun holder looks alright. I really had high hopes for big buck hunter and that I don’t think supported using the joycon like that :/ super sad

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Sunshine was a really hard game to play even on the GameCube controller. I beat it, but I don’t think it’s really that great of a game. I think galaxy was a much better game overall.
Sounds like a 4K switch is coming out here sometime too. I’m actually surprised as I don’t think their core audience cares about that at all, that’s more of a pc/Xbox/PlayStation thing.

I haven't played sunshine much but did play galaxy 1/2 a lot. I think Galaxy is just easier and smoother? where sunshine is just unique and cool with nostalgic blinders on. I'm sad galaxy 2 was not put in, it would not of been a huge stretch however I bet they sell it separate for a chunk of change.

I don't care for a 4k switch, but my daughter is sort of getting into video games now and I wouldn't mind having her use the normal switch if I got a Pro...however she may be better off with a lite with a nerf case

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

So do you guys just like physical copies. No judgement here. It's just that I find myself going in the opposite direction. I'm always digital downloading everything.

I want physical so I "have" the game forever, can sell, can trade or borrow it out.
I want digital games because swapping cartridges sucks.
And so the dilemma continues..... I try to go physical with all the games I know I'll keep and digital for meh games on sale.

1 month later
#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok quick question. I am looking at the free games in the Super Nintendo store and I see Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2. I have heard Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a remake of I'm guessing one of these two games? What is the difference between
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

DKC and DKC 2 are the snes games from the 90’s. Tropical freeze is the game from wiiu that is similar feel and gameplay but with some awesome graphics and artistic feel. You’d almost have to watch for each trailer so you can see differences.

2 weeks later
#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is the new Zelda game out in US yet?

Nov. 20th

2 weeks later
#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

On a PC with a 2070 card, 5.1 sound and 144hz gsync graphics, it's f'n awesome.
I couldn't even fathom playing something like it on a Switch. They'll have to dumb it down with autoaim and kill the graphic detail so it runs decently. I'd wait for reviews.

Is it super different than the doom already on switch? I know it’s different but like what is different or better?

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The second time through for BOTW I really leaned in to all the exploits, it was super fun figuring them all out. You do end up super over powered though. If you want a laugh at how much you suck at BOTW watch this.

I wish I was 1/1000th this good at BoTW

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just being able to wind bomb in the over world consistently is tough. It is so worth it when you figure it out, it just completely changes the game. Shield clipping is also awesome once you figure it out. It took me forever to figure out even after watching all the tutorials on how it's done. It is amazing how these guys figure this shit out. I would love to know if Nintendo planned on the wind bomb. It is so perfect in it's physics, I guess we will have to wait and see if they leave it in part 2.
If anyone doesn't know a wind bomb is when you drop the first bomb, enter bullet time in the air with the bow, drop a second bomb at just the right angle and distance from the first bomb. You then detonate the first bomb and the shock wave knocks the second bomb into you. In bullet time the physics get all weird because time is slowed down and the impact of the second bomb is massively exaggerated and you go flying. You can use this to fly all over the map and do all kinds of crazy things.

I need to get back into botw...I got pretty far for not getting far into the map. But man those spider laser guys still kick by butt.

1 week later
#3586 3 years ago

Among us is on switch today!!!!!

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Does anyone know what is going on with Skater XL? Reading online it was supposed to be released last July? My son really wants it.

Even the game makers haven't given a good update. :/ Says 2020 rls, so they only have a few weeks left!

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If any of you guys are into anime, Funimation (that just bought crunchroll) app just came to the switch.

I use my brother in laws account but haven’t caught up on my anime lately! I’ll have to load the app

1 week later
#3600 3 years ago

I got the sega classics for Xmas. The only games I really remember are altered beast, sonic, vector man, shinobi, any others I should try off rhat collection? I played a bunch of random ones last night and damn I forgot how hard old games are :-p

3 weeks later
#3625 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

How is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I know it is a gameboy remake, but is it worth playing?

do you like zelda? do you like insanely hard games? I used a guide but I LOVED it. it was my first time playing and beating a zelda game. I've only played botw and twilight princess.

#3627 3 years ago

I can't wait for 3d mario world..see how my daughter does playing with me. My biggest issue these days is physical vs digital purchase... man is digital convenient but I do like knowing I own a physical game. Mmmmm I suppose a mario game is a better physical purchase if i'm worried about future "proofing"

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont get sucked in man! Nintendo is and always has been a cartridge based (or other physical media) gaming system. Plus, what value does a digital copy have in the aftermarket? I wont let them kill the value of the games I buy.
I saw Civilization for $10. Worth it? I think if I find any switch game I MIGHT like at $10 or less just buy it, right?

haha, yea, i"ll probably go physical because my daughter does like to find the game case and grab the cart for me. At some point I may get her a lite, or if they release a pro she can use my normal one.

#3637 3 years ago

Well if you download the games, can you both use them on each system? Wouldnt physical games work better in this scenario too?
I dunno, but I am sticking with physical as long as I can. I got the wife to let me start displaying my old games and systems. Gamecube was always my neglected system. Any one got a Wario World they want to sell me? Never played wario. Running his series at the moment on gameboy.

There is some way if you join both switches to the same account you can each play digital, IIRC, but yeah, having physical would mean I could swap games easy. man ipads/tablets have made me sooooo lazy when you can tap tap to switch games/apps.

4 weeks later
#3656 3 years ago

nintendo direct live now

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Skyward Sword HD! Keep 'em coming, please.

Ya! I never finished tp

Quoted from Darscot:

I wonder what the issue is? Due to the hack we all know they were at least trying to get it to run on Switch. I can only imagine two scenarios they have run into some technical limitations and can't get it to run properly or Nintendo is for pushing something unique like waggle controls. I don't know why but I'm holding out for a switch version.

I'm with you on Wind Waker I loved it to and it's charm got me through the damn sailing. Skyward Sword just with the damn waggle and the flying just didn't have whatever that magically Zelda charm is.
I haven't played Splatoon but I think it's just their version of a kid friendly online shooter/battle game. I don't think it has much for offline.

THPS has to be able to be done on switch, it was on GC and is a ps1 gen era game. I imagine they are having issues porting it to an arm based cpu and also updating the graphics etc, with it running smooth. Maybe we'll see it in the future if it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Zelda - I only played TP on wii, but my friend gave me skyward sword, I just haven't played it yet. Looks like they did do a lot of unique things in it that were used later on in botw. Even if the game isn't A+ you have to give them credit for making sooooo many zelda's and they aren't all copy paste and they actually try things. I should probably try wind waker as well.

Splatoon is amazing. While it may look kid friendly aka shoot ink like a super soaker, the game play is great. It has a single player, local coop/battle and online with mulitple modes. If you can find it used for a discount, totally get it! They even released DLC for #2 so it has more offline levels etc.

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

We are not talking about porting the original we are talking about porting the remake, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2. It is already out on PS4 and XBox and PC. Someone already hacked the data and found images for the switch controls. These are the images they pulled out but that was back in August so something must have gone wrong.[quoted image][quoted image]

yeah I know. BUT the ps4/xbox aren't arm based cpu's. The GC had thps 3 and maybe another and that was a risc. So if they remade them, they are dev'ed on "x86" based cpu's aka "easy". Now to port that to a restricted arm based cpu/switch? Going to take some work to optimize. It may never even happen if the dev lead time to port and optimize takes too long/too much money

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon is the greatest game ever made.
-There are 2 1p story modes, one included w the game and one is a DLC Octo Expansion.
-It’s mostly an online battle game. There are multiple online modes: Turf War, Ranked & League. Ranked and League have a rotating variety of modes - Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker & Clam Blitz. All these modes have different strategies, and that’s where the endless customizable gear & weapon options come in.
-There’s also a co-op online mode called Salmon Run. You & other players take on computer controlled monsters & challenges.
Splatoon rules cuz the art direction, music, and personality are so unique. It’s a “happy” shooter....but the gameplay is just superb. Getting good at certain weapons & knowing how to handle players with other weapons is so fun, and the swimming/climbing mechanic is something I don’t think any other shooter has.
Check out some of the high ranked players on YouTube to see how bonkers things get.

Ah man I forgot about salmon run, I do like that mode. I need to get some friends back online to play.

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:stoked for the zelda joy cons that i wont be able to buy cause scalpers will get them in seconds

if BB has a preorder for them, thats what I'll be getting on. I need another pair and this is the perfect time!

#3677 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't need another pair, but I do need these.
Let's make a Pinside pact to post here if we see them go up for preorder anywhere! Down with the scalpers!

BB is up!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-zelda-joy-con/6454021.p?skuId=6454021&irclickid=WNQR8WyUOxyLWL30RHQK3XRkUkETjCWVw07gys0&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=IGN%E2%80%8A&acampID=0&mpid=1442478

EDIT: and its sold out

#3683 3 years ago

I'm surprised no one talked much about the ninja gaiden collection?? that was HUGE back in the day

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thanks for the heads up. I really liked those games. I wonder if I still have the patience for them..

hahah. soooooooo hard. that is all I remember it was like demon souls + bayonetta

#3690 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:It's shooting like squirt ink guns, it is entirely designed for kids. Its the Mario Kart meet Mario Sunshine of shooters.
My one started to drift pretty bad, they are dirt cheap and super easy to replace. If you're experiencing drift just buy new sticks they are like $5. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Yeah, mine is starting to drift when I was playing hades. I hear you can send them to nintendo for a free repair, but they may do it again. There are kits on amazon and such that my neighbor did and said it was not too bad.

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I couldn't be bothered sending them in to Nintendo. Just grabbed a set on Amazon and it takes like 5 minutes, my set also came with an upgrade to the locks for the joycons. One of mine was pretty worn so it was nice to feel that solid click again. My wife spends more on a coffee so I don't care how long they last.

the locks on my slider buttons get stuck soooooooooo much. I think some of the joycon locks look like they wear out and just slide on/off without a lock?

#3697 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I remember the gameplay, camera & difficulty of Ninja Gaiden being so horrible, I don’t even think I got through a level or two. There’s hard, and there’s annoying. Never got near the series again. Did the series ever get more playable?

I mean I dont think I've played since xbox/2002, but I may of gotten the 3rd on wiiu and played for a few min. Was pretty good, but like devil may cry/bayo camera style. didn't seem too bad iirc

#3700 3 years ago

Soooo TH remaster was teased on twitter, then TH commented, then nintendo posted eyes and now activision posted eyes. Probably coming to switch soon, or an announcement

15A91778-7AA7-434D-8CEF-F7A1547EB9D0 (resized).png15A91778-7AA7-434D-8CEF-F7A1547EB9D0 (resized).pngAF0E7DAA-1286-41CC-897E-4C4533DC8984 (resized).pngAF0E7DAA-1286-41CC-897E-4C4533DC8984 (resized).png
#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I hope it's decent, I really want this on my switch. I hope they didn't spend all this time working on waggle controls and not performance. Do you think they managed to squeeze 60 FPS out of the Switch? I know it's silly, with Covid its not like I'm going anywhere and my 4K 60 FPS Playstation is sitting right there but I want this handheld. I'll probably end up playing it sitting on my couch with the Switch at 720P 30 FPS, damn Nintendo.

ps1 graphics, I feel like they could do 60fps docked. at 1080, hopefully 60fps 720p on handheld. This is a instabuy for me, cuz I remember playing this sooooooo much. As long as they dont pull a BBH, that came to switch, I was soooo excited and then they f'd it up without using a real "gun"

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm sure it will be mid tier PS3 level graphics. That's the sweet spot on switch, if you can hit that mark and get 60 FPS your golden. It's not easy though especially going backwards. If you start at nothing and build up to it, its not so bad. When you start with a game that runs at 4k 60 FPS and are just spending time and money ripping stuff out its super soul crushing. It's super hard to explain to the bean counters too. I'm pretty confident it will be decent, it will probably have a little frame instability but I can live with that. As long as they don't do any weird shit and blur parts of the screen.

Ah I see what youre saying. With the remastering being ps3 level graphics. Yeah... I hope it is smooth. I will sacrifice fps to 30 as long as it doesn't hiccup. You almost need it smooth to make sure you can combo like a mofo!

OH SNAP, chaos taxi dropped today (clone of crazy taxi) did anyone get it? Been curious how it is......

#3708 3 years ago

Taxi chaos review by RR

Seems like....if youre a CT fan you'll enjoy, but hope they add some stuff to shake it up.

1 week later
#3714 3 years ago

I was at target the other day to find a Bronco hotwheels and I swung by the switch section and they had a handful of switches...Is the demand still nuts or has that calmed down now that x1/ps5 are out as well.

#3718 3 years ago

Crash Bandicoot 4 drops tomorrow!!! along with more games...

the hype for the 4k switch is cool. I was kind of thinking of getting a 2nd switch for my family.

1 week later
#3727 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

One of the best rogue-likes out there if you haven't played it yet and are into rogue-likes.

I dislike rogue likes and love hades

3 weeks later
#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My 7 and 5 yr old just finished the main game in Mario Odyssey. Any suggestions for other games in a similar vein where they can play couch co-op together?

3d mario world and bowsers fury
toad treasure tracker
yoshi's crafted world
kirby star allies
luigis mansion 3
New super mario brothers

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I was thinking along these lines. Kinda leaning towards LM3 right now. They don't have precision platforming skills (yet) and not really looking for anything that requires too much puzzle solving. Have you played any/all of these? what are your thoughts? It should be something my wife and I could play too, but i'm not opposed to getting something just for the kids.

I personally own all of those and have played them all. However my oldest is 3yr old.....sooooo she can't really play them that well. usually she can get the first level or two, then it becomes too hard.

If they can play odyssey, and are into mario, the 3d mario world w/ bowsers fury has 1-4 player, is "easy" for a mario, but hard to 100%, and bowsers fury is coop (more like mario odyssey) and is a great mario sunshine mixed with 3d world. I'd probably recommend that game first. You get 2 games in one, I have this on wiiu and bought it again and am very much enjoying it on switch again, and my daughter loves to watch and try to play.

I also think yoshi's crafted world has more of a basic platformer that can be hard ish but you can enable an always able to fly button. Which is helpful for the younger kids. Demo is available.

Kirby star allies is nice as it takes LOTS of hits to kirby to "kill" him. Demo is available.

Toad treasure tracker is a slow paced puzzle game. I enjoy, not sure kids unless they are into puzzles

LM3 - sooo there are a few spots in this game that SUCK even for an adult to figure out. I had to use a guide on those to know what I was supposed to do or go, however the basic play is not toooo bad. Big puzzles are the boss fights. I don't know if I would put this at the top of the list unless they didn't like the above game/demos.

the new super mario bros is hard, it's a good update to the original mario games but is 1-4 player.

For sure get the demos and have them try those, otherwise I hands down, suggest the 3d mario game. Watch some gameplay and see if your kids would dig it.

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In regards to LM3, be aware that coop isn't immediately available. You have to play some of the game single player to unlock it.

yes! good point. You have to unlock w/ professor but it is part of the game, so not technically hidden, they just.....delay it.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Power pellets freeze them & fruit makes them go away. Just keep going from pellet to pellet while getting enough dots for fruit to appear. The best strategy is to just stop by a power pellet and wait until you’re in trouble...let everyone else kill each other lol. I’ve gotten lots of 1st so far!

I'll have to try again, but this is the method I've heard works the best as well. I hope they do some balance things to stop "campers"

2 weeks later
#3753 2 years ago

Just picked up super mario party brand new for $30. Pretty pleased even though I heard its not the best. I have NO other MPs though. They are all so expensive!

now that online is available, I bet it will be more fun

1 week later
#3776 2 years ago

I bought and played a handful of binding of isaac but man I couldn't get into it. Hades....now that for some reason I like...

Just picked up a sealed odyssey down the road for $30. Pretty stoked. I love a good deal!

That is a great deal! 1st part stuff barely goes on sale

1 month later
#3782 2 years ago

E3 for nintendo was pretty fun. although it's the only console I actively use.

Cruisin blast!!!! yesssssss
Strangers brigade looks kinda fun
still need to get the game build garage
Advanced wars 1/2!! looks pretty neat as an upgrade
I may be the minority but Im looking forward to skyward sword.
the zelda game and watch!!! saaaweeetttt!!! just ordered the mario one the other day on sale.
Man I feel like Im missing something, besides metroid.. I feel like i suck at the old metroids so not sure how I feel about the new dread but I'll probably buy it.

OMG warioware!!! YESSSS!!!!!

EDIT:
here is the direct via YT

#3784 2 years ago

Things I miss

splatoon 3 info
f-zero
star fox
arms 2?
a new mario game w/ bowsers fury mechanics/gfx/3dworld OR a new odyssey

#3787 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metroid Dread is pretty exciting, looks like it’s trying some new things with the horror-alien robots. I never finished Metroid Samus Returns on 3DS, so I fired that back up & have been playing that for the last few days. Man, I love 3DS…feels really nice playing it again!
The rest of the announcements, eh. I love WarioWare on GBA, but since then they haven’t been great. We’ll see.
BOTW2 & Splatoon 3 are what I really want…I can wait till next year. My prediction is the Switch Pro will launch next year & Zelda, Splatoon & others will take advantage of the new hardware.

yup. I bet they want their "next" big titles to have super graphics release with the new switch and they'll do autoscaling to maintain the "less" graphic on the current switches. Great Idea and ability to keep both versions going compatibility wise.

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looking forward to Metroid Dread also. I'm glad that they are returning to the 2D sidescrolling format. I haven't played a real Metroid since Prime so many years ago. Fun game, but I needs my 2D sidescrolling!
I don't know what the specs are for the Switch Pro, but I really do hope they make the jump to 4K resolution. I love my Switch, but playing docked on a 4K screen is a bit of a letdown at times. Hope they can make that next-gen jump!

that is the rumor.... hoping so!

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hope so! I'm not sure if they can up-res the existing library (assuming that the games are backwards compatible) but that would be a launch day buy for me. We spend enough time playing the Switch that it would be worth it!

I would think old games could have a patch from dev's if their assets support it. Or the hardware could do some upscaling, but then you have potential issues there too. Be nice if it was a setting that could be enabled ala ps2/ps3 used for doing things like that.

1 week later
#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got Mario Golf yesterday, and haven't stopped playing it since then. I don't get the negative reviews about it, I think the base golf gameplay has an interesting twist to it with a real risk/reward approach where the strong shot has a random precision aspect to it that makes you hesitate to play it safe or shoot hard, it adds some variety to the play as you don't end up with the classic boring shot mastered and the ability to get the ball exactly where you want it to go.
I'm 2 hours into the story mode, and so far so good (I will agree far from the golf story masteripeice), it has some variety, the fun Mario twists, different modes.
All together I like this episode a lot, like every Mario Golf entries, it's exactly what I needed for the summer.

Weird I’ve heard ppl had bugs… been meaning to grab it as it looks fun

#3837 2 years ago

Nothing fancy but I’m excited to relive my ps1 days and my wife also remembers playing so it could be fun 2player.

Didn’t see Mario golf at bb :/ but I’ll probably get it soon ish

9428112F-21B1-47B6-8ACB-96874BB4BEE2 (resized).jpeg9428112F-21B1-47B6-8ACB-96874BB4BEE2 (resized).jpeg
#3839 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

wow your best buy still shows the games... mine just has photos of them and not the back so you cant even really browse and make an impulse buy

Oh, weird, I do live in a random small town. I bet BB’s in the two cities do what yours do. I guess all that locks that case is a magnet?

#3841 2 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

I'm pretty excited about losing more hours to Advance Wars and the Mario v Rabbids follow up.

Did you beat the first Mario v rabbids?
I made it a few levels in but this made me wanna pick it back up!

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I did! I even beat the DK DLC mode! …and I’ve never played more than 5 minutes of a strategy game - I usually hate ‘em! Mario Rabbids really hooked me after I picked it back up again. I had about 3 hours on it…but then gave it another go & it just became a great “dad game” for me. Knocked out a few stages here and there when baby was sleeping. Before long I had like 30 hrs on it & beat both stories! There are still extra challenges to play and more collectibles to find, but I’m pretty happy with getting bit endings!

Quoted from Gov:

Mario + Rabbids is in my top 3 Switch games. Absolutely loved it. Excited for the follow up.

Alright, gonna look into it. It wasn't even on my radar.

I like the idea of rpg's etc, but really never got into them. I've played FF1 and FF2 on my old iphone 3 when I had time, otherwise I like diablo style or boarderlands where you have some but its a very active non turn based style. However mario vs rabbids some how makes it fun and easy to play that type of game. Also lots of humor of course with the rabbids. Yeah, totally worth a play, wonder if there is a demo available?

#3848 2 years ago

I'm pretty easily persuaded into buying more games[quoted image]

Ya!!!! Let us know how you like it

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just ordered a GD-EMU for my Dreamcast (disc replacement device that lets you play games off an SD card). I’m not an RPG guy, but I know people love this game - I’ll load it up and give it a try!

I still have to install mine in my DC and do the power supply mod

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Power Stone is awesome

Wasn’t there an announcement of a new PS or remake? I’m blanking but I thought I heard/saw something

Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s the power supply mod? Is it something that must be done with the GD-EMU?

Iirc it gets rid of the 12v so the psu isn’t creating the heat and such. Whatever power drives the gdrom, as it is only used there.

1 week later
#3865 2 years ago

I rarely play handheld so I passed, but I’ll be in for a pro.

I need to get zelda. I have it on wii but never played, and with these enhancements it sounds even better

#3882 2 years ago

For some reason I love having to

Quoted from Gov:

Might check out Immortals Fenyx Rising. Have heard it is a BotW clone and actually very good. Can be found cheap too second hand.

Ive heard this too!

Hmmm maybe I'll just snag a used phsyical of zelda SS.....

2 weeks later
#3892 2 years ago

AC has fireworks for Sunday’s in august! Was fun to play with my kid.

#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Off topic, but are you aware of any reputable source which repairs the original Wii?
One Wii isn’t reading the disc and the other has static/snow all over the picture.
Thanks

Are you up for any diy?

The Wii isn’t too bad to disassemble, you can swap the entire cdrom or replace just the laser. I forgot if there is a pot screw, for the laser (there should be) that could be adjusted as well.

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just out of curiosity, did you try a different A/V cable with the seconds Wii the static on the screen?

Ya, for sure try another set of cables. Good call. Also try another tv/cables. Which cables are you using? Component, composite, hdmi adapter?

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I can give it a shot. Where do I buy the drive from, Amazon?
I believe the cables are composite, but I’ll check tonight. It runs through an older Marantz receiver.
Thanks very much.

You'll need a dvd/cdrom and a tri-wing y1 driver.
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Game-Console/Nintendo-Wii-DVD-Drive/IF207-001?o=1

amazon has cdroms and triwings as well
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nintendo-Drive-Replacement-Repair/dp/B002W5L4JW/ref=asc_df_B002W5L4JW/

Try plugging your wii directly into the tv, many times having a pass through device, receiver, capture device can mess it up.

#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For whatever reason, the Metal Slug discussion made me think of a game I haven't thought of in decades: Desert Strike (and the rest of the series), which I loved playing on Sega Genesis. I've been out of the loop on video games for decades (though just got a Switch last winter)...has there been anything like Desert Strike since then?
Unrelatedly, I've been really enjoying the Switch and have avoided turning into an addict. Been through a few phases: Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Tetris99, Rayman Legends, and Ori and the Blind Forest. I've loved them all!

Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a much cheaper addiction than pinball! I don't have any specific recommendations for games similar to Desert Strike, but it sounds like you've hit some of the best games the Switch has to offer, but barely scratched the surface

Holy moly I loved those strike games. Always rented them for genesis!

Here is a fan made I found that does some serious justice, but not sure it ever came out
Alligator strike

#3917 2 years ago

Rumor gta 3, gta vc and gta sa remasters coming to switch

https://kotaku.com/the-gta-remastered-trilogy-appears-to-be-real-and-comi-1847474620

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If they offer this as a three pack I would bite even at full price, I suspect they will launch them individually at full price or close to it. How do these play going back, after V it might be tough.

Man I can’t see why it wouldn’t be a three pack? If they break them apart and it is $20 per, not bad, but if they charge almost full price for each, no thanks.

1 week later
#3927 2 years ago
67316182-D9D5-4ED8-8C7A-3DEF2DC10BCA (resized).jpeg67316182-D9D5-4ED8-8C7A-3DEF2DC10BCA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3953 2 years ago

1 week for cruisin blast!!!

1 month for dread

F0F88B07-E6FE-4F19-9C64-7FD884066AE2 (resized).jpegF0F88B07-E6FE-4F19-9C64-7FD884066AE2 (resized).jpeg
#3965 2 years ago

Another new game that looks neat

Ultra age

1 month later
#3991 2 years ago

Good games for kids

Yoshi crafted world
Kirby star allies
3D mario world
New super Mario bros
Animal crossing
Cruisn blast
Mario kart
Warioware

There’s some free/cheap kid games I’ll have to check. They were recommended to me from someone else.

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

There were Metroid DS releases over the last 15 years, Dread was definitely not in development for 15 years.

Dread was conceived and spoken of publically in 2005 for Nintendo DS..... and never came out obviously... That is what Darscot is referring to

https://lostmediawiki.com/Metroid_Dread_(lost_early_Nintendo_DS_build_of_Switch_action-adventure_game;_mid-2000s)

#4007 2 years ago

1 week later
#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:yeah that is pretty good tbh. I might check with them. If I could get $200 for mine, I would take that deal tbh. Have had it since launch day and still works great, but I like the white and I really like the bigger screen. The bezel has always bugged me on the switch.

If you have a launch switch, you potentially could get more for it since it is “hackable” and the mod community may pay more.

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did anyone pay the expansion pack, word online is it is really bad. Is it truly as bad as the internet rage?

N64 controller is sold out as well. I want to upgrade but don't have time to play much now, so I dont mind waiting to see how it pans out. I would like at least 1 n64 controller.....

#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The emulation looks really bad, how can they not even bother with reflection and fog effects. Zelda OoT just deserves so much better, it was a masterpiece and they literally sucked the atmosphere and life out it.
[quoted image]

SHUT UP. NO WAY.. .this is real? My gosh it looks horrible.

#4060 2 years ago

Dread demo is available now

1 week later
#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Pokemon: Hi all, are there any beginner Pokemon games for the Switch? I know nothing about Pokemon but my kids (10 & eight) have been talking about it lately. They are trading cards with kids from school. I don’t think they know much about it so looking for something easy that they wouldn’t have trouble playing/understanding.

I will preface, pokemon snap is more of a picture taking pokemon game. it is easy, fun to see, explore and get to know pokemon, but is not the traditional pokemon game. However my daughter (3) and I play and it is enjoyable.

#4076 2 years ago

Pm sent about toad

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Wife picked up a white Oled at a GS in store restock so the kiddo's Christmas is all set (now I can get mine back to finally play Dread). She just happened to be by one doing something else at Target and dropped in. She batted her eyes at the guy and he called all the local stores nearby and got them to hold one for her while she went over to go pick it up. Good to know at umm "40 something", she's still got it.

HA! I will send my wife out to hunt a oled for me

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just picked this up
[quoted image]

So excited! Mine should arrive tomorrow

#4089 2 years ago

Ohhh I love being shown how bad at video games I am Zelda 1 is hard!

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

All these Zelda Game & Watch are tempting me, I modded my Super Mario version and have Zelda on it already but these look super cool.

zelda is a better build, you can tell they learned. But I HOPE they release more. I want to get another to modify for all G&W games on it, but man it is so fun and my kids enjoy just messing around with it. I like to put zelda on "clock" and they can play the game casually

#4113 2 years ago

Anyone complete or get far in Kirby star allies?
My daughter can now beat the demo, kinda want to get the game for her..:but curious how hard the rest of the game is vs the demo levels and if there is an “easy/easier” setting

1 month later
#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am looking for a Switch game that two 12 year old girls would enjoy playing together. Is there anything you can recommend?
I have two of my nieces staying the weekend and am looking for something that they would really enjoy.
Thanks.

Any of the coop games would be fun. They’ve been listed somewhere here and I’ll miss some

Overcooked
New super Mario bros
Mario kart 8
Yoshi wooly world
Kirby star Allie’s
Cruisn blast
Luigi’s mansion 3

#4132 2 years ago

I finally beat Zelda BOTW last night. I played it on launch, but got burnt out after 2 divine beasts. I failed to make it stick every time I tried to pick it back up - where am I? What do I need to do again? How do these mechanics work?
It was great, pretty easily my favorite Zelda ever.

what made you pick it back up and stay with it?

#4135 2 years ago

I got BOTW for xmas. I cant wait to check it out! I admittedly have never officially played a zelda game.

This is quite different than most but with still a zelda feel. I've only really played twilight princess, the zelda game and watch and then BOTW. I like botw but similar to deacon I put it down for something then never got back in, I need to get back in. I also couldn't kill the spider guys so that made it @#$#@$ hard. I was trying to get tons of dungeons but maybe I need better armor/weapons.

2 weeks later
#4199 2 years ago

bah I gotta pre order the new kirby

#4201 2 years ago

Full price for a game? Never!

hahah, I don't buy games like I used to, so yaaaa full price for physical just so I have it!

3 weeks later
#4205 2 years ago

Full Nintendo Direct Announcement List
*splatoon 3 salmon run video

Fire Emblem Warriors
Advance Wars Remake
No Man’s Sky Switch port
Mario Strikers
Splatoon 3 (summer)
Front Mission 1st: Remake
Front Mission 2: Remake
Disney Speedstorm
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25 release)
MLB: The Show (Nintendo Switch Port)
Kingdom Hearts Intergrum Masterpiece on Cloud
Portal: Companian Collection
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile & Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil
LIVE A LIVE
Nintendo Switch Sports (April 29) Golf coming this fall
Taiko no Tatsujiin: Rythm Festival
Triangle Strategy
Cuphead DLC
Metroid Dread Update (includes Dread mode)
EarthBound/EB Beginnings on NSO
Zombie Army 4: Dead War
GetsuFumaDen
Demona Slayer
Lego Brawls
Two-Point Campus
Mario Kart 8 Course Booster Pack (includes 48 courses)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

#4208 2 years ago

I've heard the new pokemon arceus is good. Like a good stepping stone to learn, open world means you can do things anyway you want like botw, but also you don't have dungeons like older pokemon games..

MK9 must be 2-3 years out...they said it will have a new feature.... mk8 seems to be like it is becoming MK ultimate. I would just want the 2 player carts from GCN version. Then I could play more with my kids/wife as they just need to shoot items.
with the track pack we are getting more than 50% of the tracks the game came with..I mean that is an insane amount of tracks. I feel like this is a good way for them to bridge mk8 to mk9 and mk9 will include all those too.
MK has had "dlc" since wii...so this isn't new..

2 months later
#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I really want Gauntlet Legends.

Or dark legacy!

Don said if you like gauntlet you may like gotta protector https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/gotta-protectors-cart-of-darkness-switch/

4 months later
#4235 1 year ago

Here is the full Direct

New Zelda! A little earlier release than I was expecting with a current May 2023 date.

In other news, I pretty blindly bought Splatoon 3 having never played the previous games. I knew the previous titles had been well loved, and understood the basic premise. I bought it digitally on a rainy Saturday to play with my 3 kids. As it turns out, there's no local multiplayer... I didn't even consider that might be the case. While the game might be cool, it really isn't something I'm interested in outside of some family gaming. Be warned that returning a digital download is a bit of a pain. I eventually got a refund to my account, but it doesn't seem like that would be typical, even though I had less than 15m of play and requested the return on the same day.

Ya, splatoon 1 had local 1v1 but splatoon 3 has local multiplayer when each player has their own switch. Sorry you didn't like it.

I grabbed splatoon 3 and have been loving it! single player is varied and tough if you want to 100%, on part with the octo expansion I hear (didn't get the expansion). The multiplayer is fun, I haven't tried a few of the modes, just turf war and salmon run. Splatfest is end of the month!!

#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm a little bummed they are spending so much time on all the flying stuff in the new Zelda. I just want variety, more enemies, expanded combat, dungeons and bosses. The first game basically perfected exploration and getting around the map. I guess with all the wind bombing they figured they needed to expand flying. It feels like it's leaning back towards Skyward Sword not sure I like that.

there is thoughts, they are making sections nods to 7 prior games, skyward sword being one. that flying may not have be the whole game... but when i saw that, ya, skyward sword vibes.

4 months later
#4241 1 year ago

I have upgraded my nintendo online to include N64 and have been playing goldeneye... Adjusted the controls and it plays alright w/ pro controller

In the Switch menu:

Go to System Settings -> Controllers and Sensors -> Change Button Mapping.

Remap the left analog stick to function as right analog.

Remap the right analog stick to function as left analog.

Remap ZR button to function as ZL, so you can fire with ZR.

Remap ZL to function as L, so you can manual aim with ZL.

*Optional: Remap L to function as B, so you can activate things with L.

*Optional: Remap R to function as A, so you can switch weapons with R.

Save the mapping as "Goldeneye".

(You will now have to navigate using the right analog stick and either A/B or L/R, depending on whether you followed steps 6 and 7.)

Launch Goldeneye and begin a mission, navigating menus with the right analog stick.

Pause, and go over to controls.

Switch from 1.1 Honey to 1.2 Solitaire.

Go over to Settings, and turn the Look Up/Down setting to Upright.

You will now have modern controls! Only issue is that you will only be able to walk in 8 directions, since the stick only emulates the C buttons.

Also remember: Weapon change + fire cycles through weapons backwards. Activate + weapon change detonates remote mines.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/10l7wra/protip_you_can_get_mostly_modern_controls_on/

4 months later
#4322 9 months ago

So excited for mgs!!!
Mario wonder looks like Mario on lsd, but fun.
Pikmin 4, ugh, I’ll probably get but like 3 I got far ish then forgot.
Warioware, yessssssss

2 weeks later
#4327 9 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Pikmin 4 demo is now available from the eShop.

I’ve played through it twice. First time I tried to collect as much as I could as I found it, but then the demo ended without me going to all caves. Second time I collected no shiny things and explorer everything.

I like the idea of pikmin but my first real entry was pikmin 3 and that game was pretty complex with multiple people you could control and I didn’t feel I loved the game, however pikmin 4 feels like the best pikmin. Having the dog to help, there are too many pikmin types but it makes it fun. I liked exploring the caves and trying to 100% them. The day light timer seems anxiety inducing but I just do only a few things each day and don’t worry about the timer. And I guess talking to others there is usually enough time anyway.

The only complaint is the amount of dialog and skipping only can do parts of it, however it does build a nice story.

Anyone else try it?

#4329 9 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I haven't tried the demo but recently did a Pikmin 3 play through, just finished Pikmin 1 and am 35% though Pikmin 2 and this might be too much Pikmin.
Hopes are high for 4 because each one has very compelling features on their own but they also have flaws that feel like they overcompensate for the mistakes of the prior entry.

1/2 seem classic but hard? 3 from what I remember was the hardest/complex and 4 ya try the demo and let us know what you think. It feels like.... pikmin + open world (I know it isn't but it feels open with tons more options) very refreshing.

4 weeks later
#4341 8 months ago

Looking to sell some switch games I won't play again. All are in good shape, cib. Plus shipping. These should be pretty average prices but throw an offer. Shipping seems common in padded envelopes, however my tmnt came broken that way, so could be that vs the small usps box.

Binding of isaac afterbirth + - $40
aqua moto racing utopia - $10
Mortal Kombat 11 - $10
Rocket League CE - sold
Doom - $30
Super bomber man R - $20
Wonder boy: the dragons trap - $40
Zelda: links awakening - sold

#4344 8 months ago

Links awakening has stutter? I guess I’m such a Bad player I didn’t even notice.

3 weeks later
#4373 7 months ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello. Starting to collect Switch games. Anyone have any they are done with and they want to sell. Must have boxes. Thanks all.
If so please shot me a message.

I have these

IMG_2139 (resized).jpegIMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4380 6 months ago

Any one notice how cheap you can get switch lites now?
I bought a blue one cib almost brand new for $140.
I then bought a loose yellow with an official chatger for $80. Super clean.
Hoping I can get the guts to mod them one day.

you see the consolize mod?

Oh if a switch lite is that cheap..I'd get one for the kids and not even worry. I forgot what family mode can do for sharing digital but I'm 99% physical.

YES MARIO!

#4382 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

I really want to pick up Mario Wonder, but I have such a huge backlog right now. Going to try and hold out for Xmas sales....

Good thing about Mario/1st party is it will probably be super easy to get later!

#4391 6 months ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Just joined the club with an OLED model. Having a lot of fun so far.
Back in the day, the favorite Wii games of my wife and I were Boom Blox and Boom Blox Bash Party. We love physics puzzlers. Any recommendations on similar games available on Switch?
Thanks,
EV

boom blox!! I think I only played it once but ya that game was awesome. Man would be good if something like that was on switch

Quoted from sanctumwear:

I finished the new Sonic Superstars I enjoyed it i grew up with Sonic on the Genesis so 2d Sonic is nostalgic. Final boss was a bitch took me forever to figure out how to beat him.

This is the new official side scroll one? I saw it in the direct I think but haven’t paid much attention

1 week later
#4395 5 months ago

Mario wonder is great! been having fun on my own and also with my kids. However my daughter wants to play as peach so I play yoshi and then if it gets too hard I just have her jump on my back and get through the hard parts/level. I kinda....want a mario kids...where every level is just easy. Maybe mario maker and make my own? but I would love to set my kids up and so they can play w/o being stuck.

4 months later
#4409 38 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Check out Roku’s Island Express in the Nintendo switch store. It’s like an open world pinball game. Super fun and well crafted game. [quoted image]

I was hoping for a sequel or dlc after beating it. great game.

410 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northvibe. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/2?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.