q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 89.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It started with a major hardware vulnerability, related to the Tegra X1 processor that can't be fixed with a software update. So all current switch can be jailbroken. Nintendo has no other option but to launch a new version asap.
More infos here : https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3030823/nvidias-tegra-x1-flaw-allows-all-nintendo-switch-consoles-to-be-hacked

This is not entirely true, the vulnerability is already fixed in all currently for sale switches. They just couldn't fix switches already sold. New hardware has nothing to do with the vulnerability. You would have to be very luck to buy a new switch today that is hackable.

I won't upgrade but I wonder if Nintendo is going to go with a "Pro" version that has a little more horsepower. It's Nintendo so who knows but they did finally do it with the 3DS.

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is not entirely true, the vulnerability is already fixed in all currently for sale switches. They just couldn't fix switches already sold. New hardware has nothing to do with the vulnerability. You would have to be very luck to buy a new switch today that is hackable.
I won't upgrade but I wonder if Nintendo is going to go with a "Pro" version that has a little more horsepower. It's Nintendo so who knows but they did finally do it with the 3DS.

Good to know ! Mine is a first batch, so I will probably jailbreak it at some points. The goal isn't to get games for free, as I do want to pay Nintendo for their great hardwork, but I wouldn't mind having a portable gaming system to run emulators from the golden age, and the Tegra X1 is the perfect candidate to run clean emulation.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

This would kind of piss me off i think, i dunno maybe not. Nintendo has always released new versions of their handhelds a million times, but this would feel different.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/new-version-of-nintendo-switch-reportedly-planned-for-2019

I've had like 10 different 3DS's lol ...I'm used to minor Nintendo upgrades by now.

#1404 5 years ago

Nintendo upgrades would be new territory with there current gen gaming systems (except there handheld market which they pretty much own).....but I’m all for it. By than the little one will get my current Switch and I’ll upgrade. Win win.

#1405 5 years ago

I would love to see fixed joycons with a real D-pad on the new version. I am never going to use the joycons separately, so that would be a perfect solution for me. I read a while back that they want to stretch the switch out for at least a decade, and I wouldn't mind a few performance bumps along the way. I just think being able to play these same games for a long time on a current system is a great thing. I am 47 now, and it would be really cool to be able to just keep adding to my library for the rest of my life. That is probably too much to ask, but a decade o more is great.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I would love to see fixed joycons with a real D-pad on the new version. I am never going to use the joycons separately, so that would be a perfect solution for me. I read a while back that they want to stretch the switch out for at least a decade, and I wouldn't mind a few performance bumps along the way. I just think being able to play these same games for a long time on a current system is a great thing. I am 47 now, and it would be really cool to be able to just keep adding to my library for the rest of my life. That is probably too much to ask, but a decade o more is great.

Even if they had a model w/ fixed Joy-Cons, you'd prob still be able to connect extra joycons to it for situations that need it.

I need separate Joy-Cons for ARMS!!!

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even if they had a model w/ fixed Joy-Cons, you'd prob still be able to connect extra joycons to it for situations that need it.
I need separate Joy-Cons for ARMS!!!

Yeah, I don't care if they are removable, I just want the D-pad. The aftermarket D-Pad replacement looks pretty terrible.

#1408 5 years ago

I finally got a switch.....not sure why but i did? I have been enjoying playing the original Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl and a couple of the other old games. Is there any way for me and a friend to team up and play techmo bowl and Donkey Kong together online with each other?

I bought Mario Kart 8 and that seems like decent fun. I also got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and that seems really good so far. I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..

All in all i think i will enjoy it for what it is but it's not a PS4 for sure and a little too pricey imo. Any big games that can be bought on both consoles i will definitely buy them on the PS4. Do you guys like DK Tropical Freeze?

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally got a switch.....not sure why but i did? I have been enjoying playing the original Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl and a couple of the other old games. Is there any way for me and a friend to team up and play techmo bowl and Donkey Kong together online with each other?
I bought Mario Kart 8 and that seems like decent fun. I also got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and that seems really good so far. I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..
All in all i think i will enjoy it for what it is but it's not a PS4 for sure and a little too pricey imo. Any big games that can be bought on both consoles i will definitely buy them on the PS4. Do you guys like DK Tropical Freeze?

You can play your friends online in those NES games using your friend codes.

DK tropical freeze is awesome but I 100% it on Wii U so I did not rebuy it on switch.

#1410 5 years ago

I just got a text from Amazon that Mario Party will be delivered today, anyone else pre-order it?
I haven't played Switch in a while (DK tropical freeze was quite hard, and things got busy at work) so looking forward to this

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I just got a text from Amazon that Mario Party will be delivered today, anyone else pre-order it?
I haven't played Switch in a while (DK tropical freeze was quite hard, and things got busy at work) so looking forward to this

I preordered Mario Party from the E-store. It has been sitting on my switch all week driving my kids crazy because it gives them the message that the game cannot be played until 10/05. Its just sitting there taunting them.

We have every Mario Party released, it is a family favorite. We have been playing the WiiU one for the last two weeks straight.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..

It's literally the greatest game ever made....so, figures you wouldn't like it lol.

Watch some competitive play and weapon tutorials on Youtube. Splatoon 2 is deep deep deep. There's a lot to understand to git good.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's literally the greatest game ever made....so, figures you wouldn't like it lol.
Watch some competitive play and weapon tutorials on Youtube. Splatoon 2 is deep deep deep. There's a lot to understand to git good.

Umm..NO. Super Mario World takes that title...end discussion

#1414 5 years ago

Speaking of Splatoon...HAPPY SPLATOWEEN!

If you open Splatoon 2 through an article that just appeared in the newsfeed, you get 4 new free Halloween masks to wear in the game!

You can also pick Team TRICK or Team TREAT for the upcoming worldwide Splatfest! WOOOMY!

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.29 AM (resized).png
#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can play those online. You can buy the arcade version of Donkey Kong for $8. No online, but definitely a better version. I like tropical freeze, but suck at it. Even in funky mode, I find ways to die way too often.

If you like Zelda at all, breath of the wild is a must play.

My PS4 has not been used since I bought the switch at launch. I am considering selling it. I play mostly indies, and really like the option to play them portably.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

You can play those online. You can buy the arcade version of Donkey Kong for $8. No online, but definitely a better version. I like tropical freeze, but suck at it. Even in funky mode, I find ways to die way too often.
If you like Zelda at all, breath of the wild is a must play.
My PS4 has not been used since I bought the switch at launch. I am considering selling it. I play mostly indies, and really like the option to play them portably.

I bought a PS4 for Spider-Man but haven't touched it since I finished the game. I'll go back when the DLC drops, but I'm back on my Switch 100%!

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I also got Splatoon 2 because a friend wanted me to so we could play it online but im just not feeling that game at all, seems stupid AF to me.....maybe im missing something i dont know but its just not fun at all so far to me..

I am probably missing the same thing as you are... I just don't get this game at all. I have splatoon 1 and splatoon 2, and don't get the appeal of either of them. If you don't have Mario Odyssey, you are shortchanging yourself, it is one of the best Mario games of all time..... Just sheer enjoyment.

I am probably the only one on the planet that likes this game, but Gear Club Unlimited is a game I have spent waaaaayyyyy too many hours on.

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am probably missing the same thing as you are... I just don't get this game at all. I have splatoon 1 and splatoon 2, and don't get the appeal of either of them.

What don't you get? I'll help you out.

What I love about Splatoon:

-The entire aesthetic...the colors, the world, the incredible music.
-I hate first person games, so having a shooter than's 3rd person is great, and I love that you get shooter gameplay without it being about war and murder.
-Turning into a squid rules, and hiding/swimming in ink is super fun.
-Tons of way to play...with all the weapons, subs and supers, anyone can come up with crazy strategy.
-MOTION AIMING! This takes gameplay to another level...the precision of motion aiming makes gameplay so satisfying.
-Special events: SPLATFEST! Splatfests are a fun way to compete & get prizes...and each one has a special custom level only for that time period.
-Multiple modes: Turf War is fun, but getting competitive and rising in the ranks with Clam Blitz, Tower Defense, Splat Zones & Rainmaker mixes up gameplay and strategy, forcing you to try new weapons and playstyles.
-Salmon Run: A great co-op mode, working together with friends and earning prizes.
-Great 1p modes: The stock 1p mode is super fun, with great boss fights and allows you to learn the game mechanics offline...and the Octo Expansion DLC is a great "hardcore" 1p mode that'll really test your skills!

#1419 5 years ago

do you have to play for the online subscription now to play splatoon online?

why i ask is they gave me a free download code for an item or whatever but i dont plan on getting it. i could give it away to someone but if everyone has it cause they had to sign up for online to play it that makes it so everyone gets one anyways ha.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What don't you get? I'll help you out.
What I love about Splatoon:
-The entire aesthetic...the colors, the world, the incredible music.
-I hate first person games, so having a shooter than's 3rd person is great, and I love that you get shooter gameplay without it being about war and murder.
-Turning into a squid rules, and hiding/swimming in ink is super fun.
-Tons of way to play...with all the weapons, subs and supers, anyone can come up with crazy strategy.
-MOTION AIMING! This takes gameplay to another level...the precision of motion aiming makes gameplay so satisfying.
-Special events: SPLATFEST! Splatfests are a fun way to compete & get prizes...and each one has a special custom level only for that time period.
-Multiple modes: Turf War is fun, but getting competitive and rising in the ranks with Clam Blitz, Tower Defense, Splat Zones & Rainmaker mixes up gameplay and strategy, forcing you to try new weapons and playstyles.
-Salmon Run: A great co-op mode, working together with friends and earning prizes.
-Great 1p modes: The stock 1p mode is super fun, with great boss fights and allows you to learn the game mechanics offline...and the Octo Expansion DLC is a great "hardcore" 1p mode that'll really test your skills!

Those all sound great, I still don't get it..... LOL....There isn't one thing I can place my finger on where I can identify why I don't like it, it just doesn't jive with me at all. Same deal with Arms..... I can't get into that one either. I don't usually play FPSs, so i don't think that is swaying why i don't like this game, in theory I should like it more becasue I don't gravitate towards FPSs.

I have been watching my kids play Fortnite lately, I might give that a try. I gravitate towards sports games and racing games, and the Switch has a few of those, but not nearly enough.

I am super jacked about Mario Party though.

#1421 5 years ago

do you have to play for the online subscription now to play splatoon online?
why i ask is they gave me a free download code for an item or whatever but i dont plan on getting it. i could give it away to someone but if everyone has it cause they had to sign up for online to play it that makes it so everyone gets one anyways ha.

Yeah, me too... I bought a family plan and have a lot of codes for Splatoon 2 if anyone needs them... i think it is for accessories in the game, i didn't pay attention.

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yeah, me too... I bought a family plan and have a lot of codes for Splatoon 2 if anyone needs them... i think it is for accessories in the game, i didn't pay attention.

"Thank you for purchasing a 12-month Family Membership for Nintendo Switch Online. You have qualified to receive an Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes for your character to wear in the Splatoon 2™ game."

I have 8 codes for the stuff above if anyone needs them.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Those all sound great, I still don't get it..... LOL....There isn't one thing I can place my finger on where I can identify why I don't like it, it just doesn't jive with me at all. Same deal with Arms..... I can't get into that one either. I don't usually play FPSs, so i don't think that is swaying why i don't like this game, in theory I should like it more becasue I don't gravitate towards FPSs.

Maybe you just don't like fast paced competitive games? ARMS and Splatoon are very fast paced and if you don't think and act very quickly constantly, you're boned. It's weird tho, cuz I never really liked competitive games, but I loved the graphics and music of these games so much, I totally got into the gameplay & got pretty good at them! ARMS with motion controls is the most fun I've had with fighting games since the 90's. Splatoon is the only shooter I'll play. After Splatoon's 60fps, motion controls, and great music, Fortnite just feels like garbage. I can't play it.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe you just don't like fast paced competitive games? ARMS and Splatoon are very fast paced and if you don't think and act very quickly constantly, you're boned. It's weird tho, cuz I never really liked competitive games, but I loved the graphics and music of these games so much, I totally got into the gameplay & got pretty good at them! ARMS with motion controls is the most fun I've had with fighting games since the 90's. Splatoon is the only shooter I'll play. After Splatoon's 60fps, motion controls, and great music, Fortnite just feels like garbage. I can't play it.

Yeah, I wish I could place what it is..... I like fast paced competitive *fighting* games, played a ridiculous amount of MK and KI when I was younger, I also really like games like Twisted Metal..... But maybe I just don't like fast paced 1st person style stuff. What I have seen from Fortnite I really like (not the graphics, they are garbage), but I really like the goofiness of it. (A shooting game where you bust out awkward dance moves? Riding around in a shopping cart for no damn reason? You have my attention)....

I get where you are coming from with your background, enjoying the visual appeal of these games, but in general, I am a 14 year old jackass that loves stupid/random crap....

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What I have seen from Fortnite I really like (not the graphics, they are garbage), but I really like the goofiness of it. (A shooting game where you bust out awkward dance moves? Riding around in a shopping cart for no damn reason? You have my attention)....
I get where you are coming from with your background, enjoying the visual appeal of these games, but in general, I am a 14 year old jackass that loves stupid/random crap....

Then you should like Splatoon! A kid turning into a squid!? Shooting ink everywhere and swimming around in it? Yelling "BOOYAH!" to your friends? Crazy music with it's own fake squid language for lyrics? Splatoon is Random AF!

#1426 5 years ago

Heading over to my buddy's house tonight with some friends for booze and Mario Party... Should be a fun night!

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Any big games that can be purchased on both I’ll always go Switch. The fact that you can take them anywhere is a big selling point for me. Plus I enjoy the weight and feel of the Switch pro controller more when it’s in docked mode.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Any big games that can be purchased on both I’ll always go Switch. The fact that you can take them anywhere is a big selling point for me. Plus I enjoy the weight and feel of the Switch pro controller more when it’s in docked mode.

The pro controller is so on point !

I wish it had a head phone jack and a way to turn on the system like ps/xb do tho

#1429 5 years ago

The pro controller is so on point !
I wish it had a head phone jack and a way to turn on the system like ps/xb do tho

You can turn on the system w Pro or Joy-Cons...just press the home button, it’ll connect to the system in a sec & turn it on.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can turn on the system w Pro or Joy-Cons...just press the home button, it’ll connect to the system in a sec & turn it on.

He’s 100% correct.

#1431 5 years ago

Just got done with a 2 hour mario party session with my boys. If you like the originals, this one doesnt dissapoint! I lost to a 4 and 7 year old, but beat the 10 year old.... Dominated every minigame but had poor board timing.... sucks having 200 coins and not a single star to show for it.

#1432 5 years ago

Good points, same. I have a PS4 but I'm happy I bought Dead Cells for the Switch.

#1433 5 years ago

WTF I didn't know BBH was coming...sweet! I miss my arcade

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/big-buck-hunter-arcade-switch

YT

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s 100% correct.

Wow I'm a super newb thanks haha !

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

You can buy the arcade version of Donkey Kong for $8.

Its free right now if you have a online account.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If Splatoon is the best game ever made then i quit gaming forever lol. I mean you try and paint a bigger area than the opposing team with your gun. Im just not finding that fun for some reason and then when you start the game up you have to sit and watch all those cut scenes. Is it possible to skip thru that crap?? If its not that alone will keep me from playing it.

#1437 5 years ago

I am interested in this game as well but i just wonder how good it is going to play with a controller? Also it appears that there is no online multiplayer. That sucks because this would be a really good online game to play with your friends.

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am interested in this game as well but i just wonder how good it is going to play with a controller? Also it appears that there is no online multiplayer. That sucks because this would be a really good online game to play with your friends.

I’m not sure if they’ll be using gyro controllers or touch screen. However I love Bhh and miss my bbh world. I sold it to plan on getting a bbh hd. This is based on the new hd but cuts most the game out :/ maybe they’ll release dlc. The big excitement for me is, if this get pulled off good, all the rail shooters like RE, house of the dead. Oh man!!! So excited!

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If Splatoon is the best game ever made then i quit gaming forever lol. I mean you try and paint a bigger area than the opposing team with your gun. Im just not finding that fun for some reason and then when you start the game up you have to sit and watch all those cut scenes. Is it possible to skip thru that crap?? If its not that alone will keep me from playing it.

Splatoon is an AMAZING game, hampered by Nintendo’s oddness. You can’t skip the beginning ( splat1 was less annoying, I assume I enjoyed the characters more than these two), you can’t skip Sheldon just make him talk faster. The online friend talk and play is absolutely odd and hard to figure out. If you can get over a few things and just enjoy it, the multiple modes (not just turf war) make this game really fun. I finally booted the game back up last night and put a few hours into salmon run with a friend we did Xbox live chat (him via Xbox, my from my phone) and played salmon run and turf war.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Splatoon is an AMAZING game, hampered by Nintendo’s oddness. You can’t skip the beginning ( splat1 was less annoying, I assume I enjoyed the characters more than these two), you can’t skip Sheldon just make him talk faster. The online friend talk and play is absolutely odd and hard to figure out. If you can get over a few things and just enjoy it, the multiple modes (not just turf war) make this game really fun. I finally booted the game back up last night and put a few hours into salmon run with a friend we did Xbox live chat (him via Xbox, my from my phone) and played salmon run and turf war.

I will try it again soon. Right now im kind of into Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and a few of the old free games on the online store. Tropical Freeze is hard as hell but its really fun so far. One game that i would love to see come on the Switch is the old original RBI Baseball. I used to play the hell out of that game in the arcades. Best baseball game ever!

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m not sure if they’ll be using gyro controllers or touch screen. However I love Bhh and miss my bbh world. I sold it to plan on getting a bbh hd. This is based on the new hd but cuts most the game out :/ maybe they’ll release dlc. The big excitement for me is, if this get pulled off good, all the rail shooters like RE, house of the dead. Oh man!!! So excited!

I would love to have a BBH arcade game in my basement. Im excited about it coming to the Switch but at the same time im not getting my hopes up because i just dont know how much fun it will be without having a gun to use. We will find out soon i guess.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Was this just for yesterday cause it’s not free anymore?

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Was this just for yesterday cause it’s not free anymore?

i feel like he confused the "free" NES version with the "pay for" arcade version.

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The NES version is the free one. I was recommending spending the $8 to get the better version of the game. This is the first time the arcade version of donkey Kong has ever been released on a console.

#1445 5 years ago

Got it. I agree the arcade version is better.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The NES version is the free one. I was recommending spending the $8 to get the better version of the game. This is the first time the arcade version of donkey Kong has ever been released on a console.

Oh ok sorry about that. Whats the difference between the two versions? I thought the free one was the original game that i used to play in the arcades when i was younger?

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok sorry about that. Whats the difference between the two versions? I thought the free one was the original game that i used to play in the arcades when i was younger?

No, it is the version that was on the NES. They stretched it out to fit a horizontal screen, and took out the pie factory levels.

#1448 5 years ago

Mario Party is great if people are over.
The online game is horrible.
Hopefully there’s a code update coming.

#1449 5 years ago

Mario Odyssey, while quite simple is just amazing to wonder through it's fantastically imagined worlds and explore. This is a must for any one with a Switch!
I also enjoyed Yoku's Island Express which is a cool little pinball adventure game.

I play my PS4 more for the Battlefield series , Gamecube and Switch for everything else.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

No, it is the version that was on the NES. They stretched it out to fit a horizontal screen, and took out the pie factory levels.

Oohhhh.....thats right, i forgot about the pie factory! Why in the heck would they had left that out i wonder? I just bought the original Donkey Kong and its way different and much harder than the free version. Well worth 7.99!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/29?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.