q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 89.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

[quoted image]
whoops dyslexia'd two numbers

Gotcha this time!!

I accepted the super nerd Greg too!!

#1352 5 years ago

Add me people!! I posted my code before but here it is again:

SW-5177-4301-7526

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Gotcha this time!!
I accepted the super nerd Greg too!!

Yeeeah! Fire up Splatoon 2 and get in on the Splatfest this weekend!!!

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeeeah! Fire up Splatoon 2 and get in on the Splatfest this weekend!!!

I own the game buuuut never got into it...I will at some point though. I’m not exceptional at FPS gamrs.

#1355 5 years ago

Potential dumb question but does nes online have quick match where it automatically pairs me with someone or do I need to have friends codes and only able to play online with them?

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Potential dumb question but does nes online have quick match where it automatically pairs me with someone or do I need to have friends codes and only able to play online with them?

Friend codes. That’s what I was bummed about. I mean for NES classic games anyway. Regular online games like Splatoon 2 and Rocket league play as they normally would with match making and pairing players.
I wish i could jump into any NES classic game with a rando. Ah well.

#1357 5 years ago

Friend codes. That’s what I was bummed about. I mean for NES classic games anyway. Regular online games like Splatoon 2 and Rocket league play as they normally would with match making and pairing players.

omg really? Wow that is so backwards and will likely stop me from enjoying it as I'm not 15 and don't have random friends to play NES with. Damn Nintendo - step it up son.

#1358 5 years ago

Def down for some nes challenges.

IMG_20180919_221142 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_221142 (resized).jpg
#1359 5 years ago

Just bought a yr. Subscription. This will be sweet. Hope the do uniracers for snes lol. I've added anyone who I saw provided user tags I left mine as well in case I missed anyone. Always down for some ice hockey or techmo bowl!!!

#1360 5 years ago

I own the game buuuut never got into it...I will at some point though. I’m not exceptional at FPS gamrs.

I hate FPS games. Love Splatoon tho. 3rd person, colorful, awesome music and style, and it’s about inking turf, not just killing!

Go to the lobby and pick a team - even if you don’t play the Splatfest you’ll get some snails from your side.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just bought a yr. Subscription. This will be sweet. Hope the do uniracers for snes lol. I've added anyone who I saw provided user tags I left mine as well in case I missed anyone. Always down for some ice hockey or techmo bowl!!!

You’ll never see an official re-release of Uniracers. Pixar sued over its likeness to one of their shorts.

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’ll never see an official re-release of Uniracers. Pixar sued over its likeness to one of their shorts.

Interesting, I didn't realize pixar was that old of a company
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/06/a-reason-to-hate-pixar-uniracers-on-the-snes-is-a-masterpiece/

#1363 5 years ago

They did lots of shorts and commercials before Toy Story, like those Listerine Tarzan song commercials.

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I’m going to add you later on today....I need an ice hockey bud to square up against!! Not a football fan so never got into Tecmo bowl tho.

#1365 5 years ago

Yeah, Nintendo still doesn't seem to really fully understand the internet. Friend codes are ridiculous. I have no problem paying $20 a year for their online service but they need to offer more features for it. Two great community features from their other systems, Street Pass on the 3Ds and the Mii Verse on the Wii U are non existent on the Switch. The Switch would benefit a ton if it had both of those and add a lot of fun to the online experience.

There's also the issue with their new cloud save system, some games offer it while others do not as Nintendo doesn't want to allow it for certain games. Oh, if you do want to play online with voice chat you have to use a seperate app on your phone...I don't get it and neither does Nintendo, lol. Hell, Nintendo could probably get away with charging $50 a year for their online service, like MS and Sony, if they offered features such as Street Pass, Mii Verse, got rid of friend codes in favor of gamer tags, offered cloud saves for all games, had built in voice chat and expanded their included virtual catalog offering.

#1366 5 years ago

I think that the huge hurdle for them is trying to implement all of those features to a platform that's already been available for over a year (some of these are hardware features that need to be a part of the system design, even if they are not initially implemented

I do agree that they need to move from the stupid [archaic] friend code system to something more user-friendly (like the gamertags). hey nintendo, if you need to trademark it, how of about "friendtag"??

the other major issue is the voice chat. without having a dedicated/optional feature built into their controllers or system and no requirement for games to accommodate it, again it makes it difficult to try and retrofit the existing games to support it

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Word is that all GameStops converted their new Yokus to used & selling them for $16. Pretty sweet if you want it physical.

I didn't require physical this time, it was £9.something in the UK eshop.

#1368 5 years ago

Splatoon 2 is a great one to play if you are not great at FPS games. Fortnite on the other hand...

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the other major issue is the voice chat. without having a dedicated/optional feature built into their controllers or system and no requirement for games to accommodate it, again it makes it difficult to try and retrofit the existing games to support it

It doesn't seem to be a problem on any other system, everyone seems to realise that you have to buy a headset and even really cheap ones work. It works fine in Fortnite.

#1370 5 years ago

You always see gamers in internetland bitching about Nintendo's approach to voice chat and whatnot...but clearly it isn't a deal breaker, as the Switch is selling great and provides what it promises: A great Nintendo gaming experience at home or on the go. They're NEVER going to try to be a PS/Xbox/PC clone, so people will enjoy things a lot more if they stop trying to will that into existence.

I've been playing Nintendo games online since the DS, and have enjoyed it. I never used voice chat or wanted to. I can't imagine wanting to hear people screaming and yelling and swearing over the game's music & sound FX. However if you want voice chat, you can do it on the app....and again, I see people complain, but I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone has a phone. If you're playing Switch docked, the controller doesn't have a headphone hack...so, you put your phone next to you and chat that way.

Even though the internet is super loud about this topic, I think the majority of Switch players really don't care about it. I just got a PS4 and it has billions of features...it's overwhelming and cluttered - I'm never going to use any of those things. I love that the Switch is just gaming boiled down to the essentials...for me, anyway. Nintendo = gaming. I've always loved Nintendo home & portable systems...now I have both in one. Perfect.

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love that the Switch is just gaming boiled down to the essentials...

Do you honestly use the capture button? This has nothing to do with gaming to me, and ends up being more of an annoyance due to the placement. PS4 has a capture button that I've rarely pressed on accident (it has happened).

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You always see gamers in internetland bitching about Nintendo's approach to voice chat and whatnot...but clearly it isn't a deal breaker, as the Switch is selling great and provides what it promises: A great Nintendo gaming experience at home or on the go. They're NEVER going to try to be a PS/Xbox/PC clone, so people will enjoy things a lot more if they stop trying to will that into existence.
I've been playing Nintendo games online since the DS, and have enjoyed it. I never used voice chat or wanted to. I can't imagine wanting to hear people screaming and yelling and swearing over the game's music & sound FX. However if you want voice chat, you can do it on the app....and again, I see people complain, but I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone has a phone. If you're playing Switch docked, the controller doesn't have a headphone hack...so, you put your phone next to you and chat that way.
Even though the internet is super loud about this topic, I think the majority of Switch players really don't care about it. I just got a PS4 and it has billions of features...it's overwhelming and cluttered - I'm never going to use any of those things. I love that the Switch is just gaming boiled down to the essentials...for me, anyway. Nintendo = gaming. I've always loved Nintendo home & portable systems...now I have both in one. Perfect.

I could care less about voice but you're not defending the use of friends codes to connect to people vs an additional auto match option so I'm not responsible for keeping a log of numbers so I can connect to people right?

I know you're a die-hard Nintendo fanboy but certainly you couldn't defend this 1993 internet connectivity approach.... Right?

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I could care less about voice but you're not defending the use of friends codes to connect to people vs an additional auto match option so I'm not responsible for keeping a log of numbers so I can connect to people right?
I know you're a die-hard Nintendo fanboy but certainly you couldn't defend this 1993 internet connectivity approach.... Right?

You can link a Switch to you FB & Twitter accounts & you can make friends that way as well.

Splatoon, ARMS, Mario Kart connect you to randoms...then you can search people you played with and add them as friends. There are way more ways than friend codes to connect with people. It’s a non issue.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

Do you honestly use the capture button? This has nothing to do with gaming to me, and ends up being more of an annoyance due to the placement. PS4 has a capture button that I've rarely pressed on accident (it has happened).

All the time! I post pics and vids of Splatoon on Facebook like a 12 year old. Lol

#1374 5 years ago

Binding of Isaac and Cave Story + are both half off today.

These are both fun but expensive switch games, so a great deal at this point. I paid $40 for Isaac when it came out, and have played it more than most of my games (although I am still absolutely terrible at it).

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

These are both fun but expensive switch games, so a great deal at this point. I paid $40 for Isaac when it came out, and have played it more than most of my games (although I am still absolutely terrible at it).

Ooh lots of Nicalis games are on sale. Ikaruga (I can’t see the price cuz I bought it already), Tiny Barbarian is awesome esp for $10 (I have it on cart), VVVVV is worth $5 (I have it on 3DS). Knight Terrors is even worth $2!

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can link a Switch to you FB & Twitter accounts & you can make friends that way as well.
Splatoon, ARMS, Mario Kart connect you to randoms...then you can search people you played with and add them as friends. There are way more ways than friend codes to connect with people. It’s a non issue.

All the time! I post pics and vids of Splatoon on Facebook like a 12 year old. Lol

I was talking about the online NES games. I don't believe you can connect to randoms.

and I don't post on social media. It's the poison of society.

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Yup I have physical copies of both of those games and don't regret it. Definitely worth the price IMO.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ooh lots of Nicalis games are on sale. Ikaruga (I can’t see the price cuz I bought it already), Tiny Barbarian is awesome esp for $10 (I have it on cart), VVVVV is worth $5 (I have it on 3DS). Knight Terrors is even worth $2!

Nicalis kinda sorta teased a physcial Ikaruga a few weeks back. that would be dope.

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was talking about the online NES games. I don't believe you can connect to randoms.
and I don't post on social media. It's the poison of society.

Yeah, I suppose with NES they're going for a more "intimate" experience with real friends, since it's not really a "ranked" style online play like Splatoon, ARMS, or Mario Kart.

I don't use much social media, but I have FB set privately & 95% only interact with real life people I actually know. Some of them also have Switch, and if you link to FB you can become Switch friends. Since you don't use social media, Friend Codes seems perfect for you.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Welp, that'll do it. 120 hours of Binding of Isaac already on PC, and I tried desperately to not buy it again, but it's out of my hands now.

For any rhythm game fans, take a look at Old School Musical. Pretty straightforward in terms of gameplay (hit a face button or shoulder button as the corresponding icon approaches the center of the screen) but a really cool tribute to retro games and music. Each level has you playing over top of the two main characters walking through a scene inspired by a classic game. Music matches the scene, and the soundtrack is great!

The first few levels have tributes to Mega Man, TMNT (the NES one), Out Run, Metal Gear and more!

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Welp, that'll do it. 120 hours of Binding of Isaac already on PC, and I tried desperately to not buy it again, but it's out of my hands now.
For any rhythm game fans, take a look at Old School Musical. Pretty straightforward in terms of gameplay (hit a face button or shoulder button as the corresponding icon approaches the center of the screen) but a really cool tribute to retro games and music. Each level has you playing over top of the two main characters walking through a scene inspired by a classic game. Music matches the scene, and the soundtrack is great!
The first few levels have tributes to Mega Man, TMNT (the NES one), Out Run, Metal Gear and more!

Old School Musical's on my list, but I'll prob just wait till its on sale. Seems like everything I buy goes on sale soon after, so why not wait.

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Old School Musical's on my list, but I'll prob just wait till its on sale. Seems like everything I buy goes on sale soon after, so why not wait.

This is starting to hold me back buying new stuff. Some of them seem to go on sale pretty quickly.

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

This is starting to hold me back buying new stuff. Some of them seem to go on sale pretty quickly.

Yup. I’ve got such a backlog, I might as well wait. Still waiting for Celeste to go on sale. That one is stubborn lol

#1384 5 years ago

I waited a year for Celeste to go on sale and it never happened. I finally bought it last week. No regrets...it’s a great little game.

#1385 5 years ago

I picked up Old School Musical for the heck of it and it is so funny and fun. Really neat concept and every call back to the classic console games makes me smile. Great chip tune soundtrack too.

#1386 5 years ago

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m super excited for the next fire emblem. It’s a series not enough people give a fair chance to because it looks boring, but it’s not and has become one of my favs

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m super excited for the next fire emblem. It’s a series not enough people give a fair chance to because it looks boring, but it’s not and has become one of my favs

I love them, I always play with permanent death on.

#1388 5 years ago

I love them, I always play with permanent death on.

I found some of the newer ones easy even on permanent death, unless you play on insane.

I picked up the GCN one not long ago, that one is a challenge!

#1389 5 years ago

I play my DS more than the switch but here's my friend code
I've also been dealing with Nintendo support a lot this week fixing accounts and such and they have been aces

IMG_0667 (resized).JPGIMG_0667 (resized).JPG
#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey guys, this cool game is on sale for only $2.99 right now! It's pretty good if you like sci-fi puzzle/platformers like Flashback and Out of this World!

I D/L "The Way" over the weekend and you cannot beat it for $2.99. Never player it before but its a lot of fun.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I D/L "The Way" over the weekend and you cannot beat it for $2.99. Never player it before but its a lot of fun.

Agreed. Fun game especially for the price.

#1392 5 years ago

Has anyone played Ittle Dew 2? It is Zelda like, but I haven’t heard much about it. Reviews seem really good though. At half off, it is still $15, which is on the higher end of what I have been paying for games lately, so I am trying to get some more info.

These sales the last couple of months are making me cheap, but I am spending way more on switch games overall now. Lol

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Has anyone played Ittle Dew 2? It is Zelda like, but I haven’t heard much about it. Reviews seem really good though. At half off, it is still $15, which is on the higher end of what I have been paying for games lately, so I am trying to get some more info.
These sales the last couple of months are making me cheap, but I am spending way more on switch games overall now. Lol

I haven’t played Ittle Dew, but Blossom Tales is a great little Zelda clone...that’s been on sale for about $10 (or less?). Check that out next time it’s up on sale.

#1394 5 years ago

I have a physical copy of binding of Isaac and Cave Story+ I will sell for what they are on sale for right now. $25 for both + shipping. I would rather have the digital versions.

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a physical copy of binding of Isaac and Cave Story+ I will sell for what they are on sale for right now. $25 for both + shipping. I would rather have the digital versions.

shoot, ill bit for $25 bucks for two games i havent played yet, ill send ya a pm

#1396 5 years ago

Started playing, the way after all your great suggestions and at 2.99 who can go wrong? What a great deal. Anyone who is on the fence should grab it! Thinking of buying torna golden country anyone pull the trigger yet?

#1397 5 years ago

This looks promising

#1398 5 years ago

very nice sprite work
wish I would have seen this to back it and get the t-shirt and artbook

#1399 5 years ago

This would kind of piss me off i think, i dunno maybe not. Nintendo has always released new versions of their handhelds a million times, but this would feel different.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/new-version-of-nintendo-switch-reportedly-planned-for-2019

#1400 5 years ago

This would kind of piss me off i think, i dunno maybe not. Nintendo has always released new versions of their handhelds a million times, but this would feel different.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/new-version-of-nintendo-switch-reportedly-planned-for-2019

It started with a major hardware vulnerability, related to the Tegra X1 processor that can't be fixed with a software update. So all current switch can be jailbroken. Nintendo has no other option but to launch a new version asap.

More infos here : https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3030823/nvidias-tegra-x1-flaw-allows-all-nintendo-switch-consoles-to-be-hacked

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/28?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.