q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 89.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I’m having a hard time getting into dead cells. Great fluid combat and music. Also, a neat idea... but the starting over thing drives me nuts!!

Even tho you start over, it allows you to keep some powers and weapons, right? Enter the Gungeon & Flinthook are also hard as F & death is permenant, but you get to keep what you collected which helps each time you go back in.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even tho you start over, it allows you to keep some powers and weapons, right? Enter the Gungeon & Flinthook are also hard as F & death is permenant, but you get to keep what you collected which helps each time you go back in.

Yeah you do get to keep cells and certain other things. I do like it, I just prefer the freedom to explore a bit like dark souls. I haven’t given up on it yet. In fact, I was playing last night

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I’m having a hard time getting into dead cells. Great fluid combat and music. Also, a neat idea... but the starting over thing drives me nuts!!

Rouge like games may not be for you then. I personally love them. The possibility of everything coming together for a run keeps me going. Unlocking new blue prints and abilities is a drive for me too. I have several rouge like games on the switch already but this one is my favorite.

Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
Into the Breach

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Rouge like games may not be for you then. I personally love them. The possibility of everything coming together for a run keeps me going. Unlocking new blue prints and abilities is a drive for me too. I have several rouge like games on the switch already but this one is my favorite.
Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
Into the Breach

Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain are fantastic for the PS4.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain are fantastic for the PS4.

I have Rouge Legacy on the PC. It is a good one and very tough.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
Into the Breach

I initially hated them, partially because I hated the term (I had never heard of Rogue and now every f-king game on the eShop is roguelike or roguelite lol), and partially because I love great level design and though the idea of randomly generated levels was stupid. I’ve come around though, as I’ve found a few of these games massively addicting & they seem to have more replay incentive than “normal” games. I hated Isaac, tho lol. I love:

Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook

I’m sure I’ll try Dead Cells once my backlog is a bit less huge or when it goes on sale (that’s my weak point and why my backlog grows).

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I initially hated them, partially because I hated the term (I had never heard of Rogue and now every f-king game on the eShop is roguelike or roguelite lol), and partially because I love great level design and though the idea of randomly generated levels was stupid. I’ve come around though, as I’ve found a few of these games massively addicting & they seem to have more replay incentive than “normal” games. I hated Isaac, tho lol. I love:
Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook
I’m sure I’ll try Dead Cells once my backlog is a bit less huge or when it goes on sale (that’s my weak point and why my backlog grows).

Deadcells is a 100% buy. Sale or no sale. Just for the record. Also don't sell all your pinball machines

#1308 5 years ago

Splatoon 2 for sale - PM me. $38 shipped. Thanks

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook

If you see Dead Cells for on sale, post it up! I check here every day, but I'm not on my Switch every day.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook

I have Flame in the Flood on my PC that I got free through Twitch Prime. I need to try it out. Flint Hook is on my want list.

I hated Isaac at first and regretted buying it. It could benefit from some explanations of what stuff does that you pick up, but once I looked up a few things it made a lot more sense. I definitely like Dead Cells more. I really, really wanted to like Enter the Gungeon more than Isaac, but I just couldn't get into it as much. Maybe b/c I suck at bullet hell games

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Splatoon 2 for sale - PM me. $38 shipped. Thanks

This is not a reality I can remotely comprehend.

SPLATFEST THIS WEEKEND!!!

Retro Vs. Modern. You know what side I’m on.

#1312 5 years ago

Does the switch have any retro games or is Nintendo leaving those for the NES and SNES classics? I’d love to play Earthbound after watching the Angey Video Game Nerd’s review. It’s a SNES game I missed...

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the switch have any retro games or is Nintendo leaving those for the NES and SNES classics? I’d love to play Earthbound after watching the Angey Video Game Nerd’s review. It’s a SNES game I missed...

They have neo geo classics now, and they’ll have nes when the online service starts

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

SNES minis in stock all over the place now for $60 and it has it

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

That actually makes me happy. For all the dirtbags who bought up stock thinking they could turn a huge profit. I’m happy they are sitting in their 5 snes minis they thought they would sell for $250 a piece

I have all the original cartridges and a few snes decks, but for anyone who doesn’t shouldn’t be ripped off by a scalper

#1316 5 years ago

Yes, that may be a better match for me. Do they have wireless controllers and headphones? Does the SNES mini look okay on a modern television?

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, that may be a better match for me. Do they have wireless controllers and headphones? Does the SNES mini look okay on a modern television?

It’s HDMI, it’s made for modern television. Looks great. You can choose a CRT scanline mode if you want it to look more retro.

Headphones would be up to you and your audio system.

Wireless controls are made by 3rd parties.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Target and Walmart in my area have them in stock currently. If you have trouble finding one lmk I'll help ya out.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Snes mini looks great on a big screen as long as you're not too close from the screen. I bought a 8bitdo wireless gamepad because the stock cables are way too short.
You can also install hakchi to add more games, It takes 5 minutes but I'm only adding snes games on it, didn't want to turn it into a multi emulator thing.

#1322 5 years ago

japan gets a sweet ass physical collectors edition if you can hold out til dec
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/17/capcom-beat-em-up-bundle-physical-editions-japan/

the limited edition w/ the posters is already sold out for both the switch and ps4

#1323 5 years ago

Looks like a new Mario Kart is coming out? Lots of buzz on Twitter. Can't wait to play as my favorite character Toad!

18-toad.w460.h575 (resized).jpg18-toad.w460.h575 (resized).jpg
#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Looks like a new Mario Kart is coming out? Lots of buzz on Twitter. Can't wait to play as my favorite character Toad![quoted image]

No, MK8Deluxe is fairly new and still popular. The reason for the twitter buzz is the stormy/trump thing. She mentioned the character and now it is a buzz.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Can't wait to play as my favorite character Toad![quoted image]

"I'm the best!" -n64 toad voice

#1326 5 years ago

if you paid for the online membership for switch you can "pre-purchase" those nes classic controllers for it. 60 bucks. not a pre-order as you pay now, not when it ships.

got in day 1 just cause im assuming they wont make enough for demand hah.

#1327 5 years ago

if you paid for the online membership for switch you can "pre-purchase" those nes classic controllers for it. 60 bucks. not a pre-order as you pay now, not when it ships.
got in day 1 just cause im assuming they wont make enough for demand hah.

Same here...never know how they are going to handle demand...

Sounds like either way they aren't shipping until December, which is a bit annoying. I haven't gotten a chance to dig into the NES stuff yet, but hopefully will be able to after work. I hope they stick with this and keep adding games (and more systems) through the lifecycle of the Switch.

#1328 5 years ago

I have never played Super Mario 3 before. There are a lot of graphics glitches in the Switch online version. For those have played it on the NES, are those glitches in the original game, or is there an emulation problem?

I had a lot of fun playing Excite Bike last night.

#1329 5 years ago

not nintendo related, but sony just announced their version of the mini, the playstation classic. comes with 20 games and 2 controllers (not dual shock). msrp is 99.99usd, 129.99cad

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

#1330 5 years ago

Yeah I saw that this morning. I think I will get one, I didn’t own an original ps1

#1331 5 years ago

Just thought it was worth mentioning the new NES online functionality for Switch seems pretty awesome, also worth mentioning I stomped Gov in Techmo Bowl last night while we were testing it out!

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just thought it was worth mentioning the new NES online functionality for Switch seems pretty awesome, also worth mentioning I stomped gov in Techmo Bowl last night while we were testing it out!

I am blaming lag!!!!

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have never played Super Mario 3 before. There are a lot of graphics glitches in the Switch online version. For those have played it on the NES, are those glitches in the original game, or is there an emulation problem?
I had a lot of fun playing Excite Bike last night.

This is correct and very accurate. There are youthbe videos explaining the graphics glitches on right side of screen in super Mario 3

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am blaming lag!!!!

I'd blame your quarterback and the 7 interceptions he threw.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'd blame your quarterback and the 7 interceptions he threw.

Can we play 2 player over the online service?!

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Can we play 2 player over the online service?!

Yep it was really easy to use as well and performed great from my experience.

#1337 5 years ago

I am disappointed by the online service as there is no match making lobbies with random players.....it’s all friend codes stuff so you have to set it up with your buddy at an exact time. I wanted more of a random “jump online and play” type of thing with the classics. Bummer.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not nintendo related, but sony just announced their version of the mini, the playstation classic. comes with 20 games and 2 controllers (not dual shock). msrp is 99.99usd, 129.99cad
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

kinda lame right now as no complete list of games and it does not come with the ac adapter to power it...

i need to find my friend code and post it so i can whoop up on yall

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

This is correct and very accurate. There are youthbe videos explaining the graphics glitches on right side of screen in super Mario 3

I figured that was probably the case since it was released by Nintendo. It was just weird seeing some of the background items changing at weird times. And then the glitch on the right side of the screen.

BTW, this game is hard to get used to. The variable distance jumps are killing me. I have only made it past the first screen once so far. I played the first year of games on the NES, but I don't remember playing much after that. I missed the entire SNES era since I only had a Genesis then. Lots of fun stuff to explore.

This is good enough for me that I think I will be selling my NES and Everdrive soon. I would just rather play the games on the switch. Hopefully SNES games come out next year, then i can get rid of the SNES and Everdrive (wife wants it now to play SMW, another game I never played).

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

BTW, this game is hard to get used to. The variable distance jumps are killing me

Two things that might help. You can use X instead of B, and that makes controls way more comfy. If you're playing on TV, make sure you're using a "GAME" or "FAST" mode...turn off all shitty post-processing modes like soap-opera-vision and dynamic contrast. All that stuff adds LAG that makes retro gameplay SUUUUUUCK.

#1341 5 years ago

I was playing NES on Switch last nite, and set up an online room - a friend eventually joined me, and it was pretty fun. You can use the right analog to move a little finger around, and click it to applause. This was a fun way to react when we did something cool, or for him to tell me what game we should play next.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the color palette they're using for NES. It's wonky as F. Look at the Switch colors compared to the same games on 3DS:

SMB.jpgSMB.jpgYoshi.jpgYoshi.jpgZelda.jpgZelda.jpg
#1342 5 years ago

I'm going to have to get my subscription in the next few days. so it sounds like they will be adding to the classic library in the future and it will be ongoing?

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm going to have to get my subscription in the next few days. so it sounds like they will be adding to the classic library in the future and it will be ongoing?

Yeah, I think I read that they're adding 3 games per month? Right now the NES batch is it's own app, so I'm guessing a SNES app will launch soon as well...and who knows, maybe N64, Gamecube after that? I hope?

#1344 5 years ago

I also read somewhere that it will be a "Netflix" styled gallery, leading me to believe that they will add in and rotate out classic games. If that's the case, then $20/yr is a complete no-brainer, just for that alone. I don't play online games, so I'd just be getting the subscription for the classic library. Would be awesome to be able to tap into the SNES , N64, and GC library!

#1345 5 years ago

their website shows 3 titles each slated for the next few months so i think that is what their status quo will be for additions per month.

#1346 5 years ago

my friend code is SW-3925-4125-0805 if anyone wants to add me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1347 5 years ago

my friend code is SW-3925-4152-0805 if anyone wants to add me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your friend code is unable to be found bud...and I’m looking to add friend codes if anyone else wants to share!!
Here is mine.....

D79D5185-E070-4E4C-9267-739F45A2D8D9 (resized).jpegD79D5185-E070-4E4C-9267-739F45A2D8D9 (resized).jpeg
#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I also read somewhere that it will be a "Netflix" styled gallery, leading me to believe that they will add in and rotate out classic games. If that's the case, then $20/yr is a complete no-brainer, just for that alone. I don't play online games, so I'd just be getting the subscription for the classic library. Would be awesome to be able to tap into the SNES , N64, and GC library!

Playing the NES games online with a friend is pretty neat though - last nite I played Dr. Mario, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and Mario Bros. w/ a friend online.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Your friend code is unable to be found bud...and I’m looking to add friend codes if anyone else wants to share!!
Here is mine.....[quoted image]

20180919_122650 (resized).jpg20180919_122650 (resized).jpg

whoops dyslexia'd two numbers

#1350 5 years ago

[quoted image]
whoops dyslexia'd two numbers

I added you nerds If you see Greg ©, dats me.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/27?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.