q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 89.
#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Eh, I'll wait till it's on the eShop for $10.

Yeah this physical edition I might skip although I do enjoy owning the cartridges....not sure this title is worth $50.

#1252 5 years ago

I think I kick stared the wiiu for $20? And they moved it to digital switch for me.

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think I kick stared the wiiu for $20? And they moved it to digital switch for me.

i know they did a coupon towards the collectors edition for switch for kick starter backers

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yeah this physical edition I might skip although I do enjoy owning the cartridges....not sure this title is worth $50.

I mean I guess the nice thing about having the cart is being able to sell it later if you get bored or don't like it...but when a digital game is cheap enough, I don't mind biting. It's kinda the same difference at that point.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i know they did a coupon towards the collectors edition for switch for kick starter backers

Ah maybe I remember that in my email.

I recommend the game if you remember playing Banjo, but everyone should know, it plays like the old game so there are clunky things.....

#1256 5 years ago

NBA 2K18 for $13.50 if anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUAOE7I/

#1257 5 years ago

physical edition of worm w.m.d. coming in 3 days. limited to 4,000 copies
https://superraregames.com/products/srg-6-worms-wmd-switch

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

been waiting patiently for that one! I played so much Worms Armageddon growing up

#1259 5 years ago

Paypal Digital Gift Cards has $50 eShop cards for $45 right now!!

Also, Rive: Ultimate Edition is on sale for $8 ...it’s an amazing shooter/platformer that’s really a love letter to classic games while looking insanely modern and gorgeous. A very funny & fun game. Total steal at that price.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also, Rive: Ultimate Edition is on sale for $8 ...it’s an amazing shooter/platformer that’s really a love letter to classic games while looking insanely modern and gorgeous. A very funny & fun game. Total steal at that price.

I am a big platformer and shmup fan but didn’t like Rive at all. It felt overly complex, repetitive, and I wasn’t having fun playing it.
Great price yeah.

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I am a big platformer and shmup fan but didn’t like Rive at all. It felt overly complex, repetitive, and I wasn’t having fun playing it.
Great price yeah.

Complex? Wow, I found it to be just a buttery smooth gameplay experience...it guides you everywhere you need to go. You shoot, you hack, you buy power ups, you shoot some more. What was complex about it? I loved every second of it.

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for the heads up! Once the gift card gets emailed, I am going to pick up Rive as well. Looks like fun!

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooh oh ohh...gotcha. I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow and want to buy Shadow of the Colossus, and saw the free Destiny 2 deal...although I don't really want Destiny 2 lol

If you decide you want to try Destiny 2, it is one of the free games on PS Plus right now.

Getting back to the Switch, I bought the Mutant Mudds collection at half off yesterday. Kinda fun little platformer. Nice break from all the metroidvanias that are completely kicking my ass.

#1264 5 years ago

Looks like September 18th is the big update with their streamlined online service being the center of its attention. I am definitely looking forward to this!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/09/13/nintendo-switch-online-launch-date-revealed

#1265 5 years ago

received this from nintendo yesterday:

"On 9/18, your Nintendo Switch will be receiving a system update, version 6.0.0. Afterwards, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user profile. Prior to this change, you should verify that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile.

For example, please confirm that the parent’s or legal guardian’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to the parent’s or guardian’s Nintendo Account, and that the child’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to his or her child account.

By ensuring that your Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile, you will be able to appropriately manage your save data, Nintendo Switch Online membership, and Nintendo eShop content."

I'm not quite sure about this. it makes it sound that once you've linked your user account to a system, you can't unlink it. doesn't this mean that if your system dies/breaks or you sell it you will still have it associated with your user id (and in the case of selling it, the new owner will not be able to associate it with their user account?

#1266 5 years ago

Mmmm my Japanese account just got an email about that I assume. I should verify my account before this happens....

Where’s diablo 3?!

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

received this from nintendo yesterday:
"On 9/18, your Nintendo Switch will be receiving a system update, version 6.0.0. Afterwards, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user profile. Prior to this change, you should verify that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile.
For example, please confirm that the parent’s or legal guardian’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to the parent’s or guardian’s Nintendo Account, and that the child’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to his or her child account.
By ensuring that your Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile, you will be able to appropriately manage your save data, Nintendo Switch Online membership, and Nintendo eShop content."
I'm not quite sure about this. it makes it sound that once you've linked your user account to a system, you can't unlink it. doesn't this mean that if your system dies/breaks or you sell it you will still have it associated with your user id (and in the case of selling it, the new owner will not be able to associate it with their user account?

I would think a system restore would delete the pervious owners info and a new owner would start fresh. They did this with 3ds systems

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I might have to get that and Yoku's Island is on sale again too!

#1269 5 years ago

1 hour til the worms wmd physical preorder goes live

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I might have to get that and Yoku's Island is on sale again too!

Word is that all GameStops converted their new Yokus to used & selling them for $16. Pretty sweet if you want it physical.

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm not quite sure about this. it makes it sound that once you've linked your user account to a system, you can't unlink it.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the system - I think it’s for the cloud saves. Your profile becomes part of your account, so your profiles saved are the ones saved to your account and no one else’s.

#1272 5 years ago

I think this is related to the rampant piracy on switch. Right now they are banning hardware but you can take your account to another switch and everything is fine. Always seemed greedy to ban hardware. I get they are trying to make people go buy a new switch but the reality is they just get dumped on to the used market and innocent people get ripped off. Hopefully now they actually ban the people that are screwing things up. It makes no sense that you can cheat online and just buy a new switch and go right back online and play with that same account.

#1273 5 years ago

got one!

#1275 5 years ago

Holy shit the games

#1276 5 years ago

Gamessssssss. I never played any Diablo games....kind of a hack n slash leveling up type of a deal?

Those NES wireless dealios look niiiiiiiice!!! Can’t wait for online play with the classics

#1277 5 years ago

Diablo games are incredibly addicting. Tons of fun. Hope the switch doesn’t lag with that one

#1278 5 years ago

is it just me, or do the nes switch joycon thingys look out of place when attached to the unit? maybe it's do to their hard edges and the fact that they extend past the dimensions of the switch screen

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is it just me, or do the nes switch joycon thingys look out of place when attached to the unit? maybe it's do to their hard edges and the fact that they extend past the dimensions of the switch screen

Of course they look out of place....that’s not the original design. Does really matter what it looks like?! I actually like the look....it’s like Oh that’s cool...2 big rechargeable NES controllers...that’s convenient and nifty!!

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

And also: they only attach for charging. They are not meant to be used attached, as that would not be the same as using the original NES controller. If you want to use the controllers attached you are better of using the normal joycons.

#1281 5 years ago

Simple question. How does one keep up with all the games hitting the consoles these days? Seriously. If I start a game, I need to finish it without starting another one, simply because I would have moved on to that other game. But to even sit down for 20+ hours on one game before moving to another game hitting the shelves seems impossible to me!

then throw pinball into the mix!

Anyway, good variety for everyone I suppose!

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Simple question. How does one keep up with all the games hitting the consoles these days? Seriously. If I start a game, I need to finish it without starting another one, simply because I would have moved on to that other game. But to even sit down for 20+ hours on one game before moving to another game hitting the shelves seems impossible to me!

That just summed up my life. Tons of incomplete projects / games / etc. It’s too easy to get distracted by the next exciting thing

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

That just summed up my life. Tons of incomplete projects / games / etc. It’s too easy to get distracted by the next exciting thing

This happens to me, too. I bought the Switch for Mario Odyssey, and have spent probably only an hour playing it. It was something I had planned to play through with my wife, but we never get time.

I chipped my way through BOTW and am right at Ganon, and haven't picked up the Switch for months since then...

#1284 5 years ago

hmm, so looks like you have to have the online service to buy those nes controllers. 1 set per account. hopefully they actually have inventory unlike what they did with the launches of the nes/snes classic and most of their amiibos... could be a shit show trying to get a set.

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

This happens to me, too. I bought the Switch for Mario Odyssey, and have spent probably only an hour playing it. It was something I had planned to play through with my wife, but we never get time.
I chipped my way through BOTW and am right at Ganon, and haven't picked up the Switch for months since then...

BOTW was my first game. Spend probably 15hrs or so. Then wen back to Dragon's Dogma on PS4. That game has probably 45hrs or so. Then moved to Mario+Rabbids. Spend like an hour...not feeling the need to go back to BOTW. Now I'm on Octopath Traveler. This is a game I WANT to finish, so I've been avoiding everything else since. And again, add pinball to the mix!

#1286 5 years ago

Hollow knight I finished. Couldn’t stop playing until I had beaten it. Only took about 3 days though

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Hollow knight I finished. Couldn’t stop playing until I had beaten it. Only took about 3 days though

It would probably take me a year to finish that game. I am at the second boss now.

#1288 5 years ago

I didn’t find it too hard. A few bosses were super annoying. With the right charms and nail upgrades it’s not too bad. Not dark souls hard by any means

#1289 5 years ago

Just downloaded hollow knight as i am away with no service for the weekend. Cant wait to play

#1290 5 years ago

Hollow knight is another on my queue. But again dont want to start another game until I finish Octopath!

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

When I see gamers complaining there aren’t enough new games or this game is too short, I’m like “WTF is wrong with people?!?!” There are over 1000 games on Switch & the big ones have such infinite replay value. If I only had BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, ARMS & Mario Kart, I could just play those games forever. But I have 60-something games on my Switch & am backlogged AF! AND - I just got a PS4 for Spider-Man so now there’s that. I haven’t turned on a pinball machine in weeks...lol. Maybe time to sell ‘em all and just be a video game guy again.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When I see gamers complaining there aren’t enough new games or this game is too short, I’m like “WTF is wrong with people?!?!” There are over 1000 games on Switch & the big ones have such infinite replay value. If I only had BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, ARMS & Mario Kart, I could just play those games forever. But I have 60-something games on my Switch & am backlogged AF! AND - I just got a PS4 for Spider-Man so now there’s that. I haven’t turned on a pinball machine in weeks...lol. Maybe time to sell ‘em all and just be a video game guy again.

Dibs on your TAF

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After a while, all games are devolved into their basest forms. You either shoot something, find something, or hit AAAAAAA over and over again It all becomes the same after a while.

You'll regret selling your machines

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Haha, yeah, have been there. Personally I've stopped trying to beat every game before moving onto the next and instead think about how many hours per dollar I got out of the game. Take Skyrim for example, I've spent probably 60 hours in the game and I'm no where close to beating it. If I paid $60 for it originally a dollar an hour was well worth it. Another is Mario Oddysee, I didn't collect every moon but beat the main game and spent a good 25 hours on it so far. I paid $50 for it so I paid $2 an hour for it which I'm totally cool with.

To keep up with all of the new games coming out and game news I've listened to the GiantBomb (as well as their Giant Beastcast) podcasts for the past 10 years. The guys over there have a ton of experience in covering games and don't come across as fake. A lot of good laughs too.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I do the same, I never start a game before finishing the one I started, except for the ones I don't like that goes straight back to the shelf (Ni no Kuni 2 recently, really felt it was a giant Fedex map with some arrows to follow brainlessly). Except for a very few games (BOTW, Octopath) that I complete 100%, I usually finish the main story and avoid the time consuming side quests when they are not an integral part of the main quest.

With that in mind, there's a high season of release around Christmas, and the rest of the year that has less, so I shelf new games in December and play them the rest of the year. Most of the time, I end up having finished them all around July and get back to some old games or classic from August to September.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

After a while, all games are devolved into their basest forms. You either shoot something, find something, or hit AAAAAAA over and over again It all becomes the same after a while.
You'll regret selling your machines

You can say the same for pinball. Games like Splatoon 2 and ARMS can infinitely test your skills in online matches...unlike storybased games, a good online game can be fun forever (or until people stop playing).

I won't sell all my pins, but I do want to cull the herd a little. I don't need so many when I never turn them on.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can say the same for pinball. Games like Splatoon 2 and ARMS can infinitely test your skills in online matches...unlike storybased games, a good online game can be fun forever (or until people stop playing).
I won't sell all my pins, but I do want to cull the herd a little. I don't need so many when I never turn them on.

Truth. Hit a metal ball around with flippers to hit targets or make it go into a gobble hole lol.

#1298 5 years ago

Hey guys, this cool game is on sale for only $2.99 right now! It's pretty good if you like sci-fi puzzle/platformers like Flashback and Out of this World!

#1299 5 years ago

Dead Cells is still consuming 99% of my time on the Swtich. Such an amazing game. Into the Breach is the other 1%

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Dead Cells is still consuming 99% of my time on the Swtich. Such an amazing game. Into the Breach is the other 1%

I’m having a hard time getting into dead cells. Great fluid combat and music. Also, a neat idea... but the starting over thing drives me nuts!!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.