q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 89.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

dead cells is hella good

was this released as a physical game? I checked bestbuy on tuesday and could not find it

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

was this released as a physical game? I checked bestbuy on tuesday and could not find it

yes, my best buy has it in stock physical.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yoku’s Island Express is on sale on the eShop for $11.99!!! Sweeeeet!!!

I was waiting for a sale!

#1204 5 years ago

Have an extra nes classic if anyone wants one. New in box will sell at cost. PM me

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I need to get back in and play that some more.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Awesome deal, had been wanting to pick this up (I mean download it on the eShop, lol), purchased!

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I need to get back in and play that some more.

That’s all I played when it was first released...it’s a very enjoyable game for the pinball enthusiast. I need to 100% it as I beat it but was missing a few items I got stumped on.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That’s all I played when it was first released...it’s a very enjoyable game for the pinball enthusiast. I need to 100% it as I beat it but was missing a few items I got stumped on.

Which items? I'm at 95% and one damn frustrating chest away. 2 of the vermlings too, which has me scratching my head.

#1209 5 years ago

anyone try the monster hunter demo? I remember playing MH on wii and really liking it. But after playing this demo, maybe I forgot...but it plays really clunky and meh.

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

anyone try the monster hunter demo? I remember playing MH on wii and really liking it. But after playing this demo, maybe I forgot...but it plays really clunky and meh.

Yeah I don’t get it at all. Someone told me that unless you’ve played it since the PS2 era, it doesn’t make much sense. I deleted it pretty quick and have no interest in figuring it out.

#1211 5 years ago

I have been a huge MH fan since Ultimate 3 on the 3ds. I have played them all since and am still pretty active on MH World. It is a very technical game with a steep learning curve but a ton of great videos and tips out there from the community.

I do not know if I wanna buy it for the switch since I have so much time vested on my ps4 now and its pretty much the same game. I guess ill see

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I have been a huge MH fan since Ultimate 3 on the 3ds. I have played them all since and am still pretty active on MH World. It is a very technical game with a steep learning curve but a ton of great videos and tips out there from the community.
I do not know if I wanna buy it for the switch since I have so much time vested on my ps4 now and its pretty much the same game. I guess ill see

It would be nice if the demo told you what this learning curve is. I ran around as an annoying cat thing for 20 minutes hacking at a dinosaur and nothing would happen. Boring AF. If there’s something to it, clearly Capcom doesn’t want new players to know.

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've always wanted to be an MH fan, and as hard as I've tried I never got it. It's the feeling of combat that never made it for me, like the only result from hitting is a number showing up on the screen.

#1214 5 years ago

Hollow Knight is on sale for $9.90 if anyone is on the fence with this one.

South Park is 50% off, but I haven't heard if they fixed all the bugs yet.

Mario + Rabbids is also 50% off.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Ubisoft sale is over.

South Park is awesome & the bugs are fixed. I was pretty annoyed that all the Ubisoft stuff was in sale EXCEPT the DLC. What a slap to those of us who already have SP. I thought about buying the Gold Edition on sale and selling my cart, but I have such a backlog right now I can hold off till they put the DLC on sale.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ubisoft sale is over.
South Park is awesome & the bugs are fixed. I was pretty annoyed that all the Ubisoft stuff was in sale EXCEPT the DLC. What a slap to those of us who already have SP. I thought about buying the Gold Edition on sale and selling my cart, but I have such a backlog right now I can hold off till they put the DLC on sale.

Damn, I should have posted this yesterday instead of playing Hollow Knight. lol

Maybe South Park will go on sale again soon.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I've always wanted to be an MH fan, and as hard as I've tried I never got it. It's the feeling of combat that never made it for me, like the only result from hitting is a number showing up on the screen.

I have a hardcore friend who would always bug me to play, so I did on Wii. But I agree. I think I’m more of a diablo person.....

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Hollow Knight is no longer on sale.

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

Hollow Knight is no longer on sale.

Dang that was quick. I grabbed it while it was. Pretty cool, but I’ve barely scratched the surface. I got
hooked on Yoku’s! I finished it last nite, but not 100%. I might wanna keep plugging away at that...and I also wanna finish L.A. Noire. Then I think I’ll jump back on Hollow Knight.

#1220 5 years ago

I have jumped back into Shovel Knight after a long break. The Treasure Trove is such a great value and with the new content announced this week it becomes an even better value.

#1221 5 years ago

Thought Id share this there since most in here seem to enjoy retro games as well.

Every year Fort Collins has an event called "Tour De Fat" run by New Belgium Brewery. Its a bike parade costume party mash up event with beer and music. This years takes place this Saturday.

Every year for the past 5 years I hook up a 13" CRT tv to my bike and an N64 playing Mario Kart 64 so people can play Mario Kart off the back of my bike. It is a pain in the ass to ride with all extra weight on the back but well worth it. I get about 6 hours off it typically. I added a beefier speaker this year so might take my run time down a notch but should still have plenty of juice for the parade.

You can scroll through my instagram ( dizz_co // https://www.instagram.com/dizz_co/) if you want to see more pics of it from previous years (going to be quite a ways down the feed), i always try and find people in mario kart costumes to play it to take pics with. Its just a mess of people and really stop/go so we park in the shade of a tree to let people play and slam a beer.

Here it is, usually just tape the N64 to the top of the tv which I will do before I head out. Hang the controllers from the slots I cut in the side of the CRT casing.

mariokartbike (resized).jpgmariokartbike (resized).jpg

#1222 5 years ago

my kids have been taking over both TV's to play fort nite lately, so ive been playing dead cells on the switch portable.

tough as shit, but oh so good!

#1223 5 years ago

Get ready to build an arcade!

Nyko Pixelquest Acrade Kit - Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DP1J3K9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UthIBb4BQS17M

14DFA2AE-4CE3-49B0-802A-A9E5A04BB0FA (resized).png14DFA2AE-4CE3-49B0-802A-A9E5A04BB0FA (resized).png
#1224 5 years ago

anyone play Dimension Drive?

thinking of importing a physical copy from japan.

24.99 usd with free shipping from play asia - https://www.play-asia.com/dimension-drive/13/70c40r

#1225 5 years ago

Axiom Verge is half price in the eshop. It is a lot like Metroid. In that I mean that I also have no idea what I am doing in this game. lol

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Axiom Verge is half price in the eshop. It is a lot like Metroid. In that I mean that I also have no idea what I am doing in this game. lol

I have heard good things. On that note I picked up Dead Cells after listening to a podcast where they talked about it. It is incredible. That is all.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Does it have a map ? I'm happy to get lost in Metroid's mazes, but hate it without a map !

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Does it have a map ? I'm happy to get lost in Metroid's mazes, but hate it without a map !

It has maps. It’s an awesome game. Great 8-bit graphics, but with bosses, animation & FX that go behind what NES could do. Incredible music. Really really cool and unique weapons which puts it a bit beyond most Metroid clones IMO. I got lost a few times and back tracked more than I would have liked - but it’s a legit great game and $10 is a steal.

#1229 5 years ago

anyone look into this Star Link game coming out in October?

looks interesting but i dont know if im sold

#1230 5 years ago

Same here, that's one that I'll wait for a demo version before deciding. It's a Ubisoft game they managed to get Fox because of their never ending support to Nintendo (and their awesome Mario /Rabbids crossover), but it is not a Starfox, and Ubi has some ups and downs with their games.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Same here, that's one that I'll wait for a demo version before deciding. It's a Ubisoft game they managed to get Fox because of their never ending support to Nintendo (and their awesome Mario /Rabbids crossover), but it is not a Starfox, and Ubi has some ups and downs with their games.

yeah, not sure how i feel about the ship on the controller stuff and if you have to buy more toys to unlock ships cause thats lame if thats the case.

#1232 5 years ago

ahh, for like the last hour ive had the special edition smash bros ultimate in my cart on best buy and it finally got me to checkout then when i was entering my payment info it said your item has been sold and its out of stock again. super lame. took like 100 refreshes of my cart to get to the payment screen. oh well.

#1233 5 years ago

I want the steelbook game but I just can't justify the extra cost for the ehh looking pro controller

#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

ahh, for like the last hour ive had the special edition smash bros ultimate in my cart on best buy and it finally got me to checkout then when i was entering my payment info it said your item has been sold and its out of stock again. super lame. took like 100 refreshes of my cart to get to the payment screen. oh well.

still available on gamestop's website
https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/super-smash-bros-ultimate-special-edition/162375

#1235 5 years ago

yeah, i have the gamer unlock still so saves $28 bucks on best buy so ive been trying to snag one from them.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I want the steelbook game but I just can't justify the extra cost for the ehh looking pro controller

Ya that controller isn’t stellar...pass for me. The Pro controller is spectacular but if I’m buying special editions they need to starting doing more with them than dingy colored hand grips....it’s getting stale.

#1237 5 years ago

if anyone also has an xbox one or playstation 4,

at best buy if you buy a 29.99 xb1 or ps4 game you get destiny 2 for free... but if you add a switch game that is 29.99 or up in your cart and add destiny 2 to your cart it makes the price zero.

so, if you want to get a free destiny 2 and looking to pick up a $30+ game you can

#1238 5 years ago

if anyone also has an xbox one or playstation 4,
at best buy if you buy a 29.99 xb1 or ps4 game you get destiny 2 for free... but if you add a switch game that is 29.99 or up in your cart and add destiny 2 to your cart it makes the price zero.
so, if you want to get a free destiny 2 and looking to pick up a $30+ game you can

I'm confused - is this a trick to get 2 free Destiny 2's?

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

no, just a way to get it free with the purchase of a switch game. the ps4 and xb1 games auto put it in your cart for free but since destiny 2 is not on the switch it isnt listed as part of the promotion but it still works if you follow the simple steps outlined in my previous post.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think he just meant that the free Destiny 2 applies even if you're purchasing a Switch game $29.99 and up, though the website only says PS4 or XB1 game.

#1241 5 years ago

no, just a way to get it free with the purchase of a switch game. the ps4 and xb1 games auto put it in your cart for free but since destiny 2 is not on the switch it isnt listed as part of the promotion but it still works if you follow the simple steps outlined in my previous post.

Oooh oh ohh...gotcha. I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow and want to buy Shadow of the Colossus, and saw the free Destiny 2 deal...although I don't really want Destiny 2 lol

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooh oh ohh...gotcha. I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow and want to buy Shadow of the Colossus, and saw the free Destiny 2 deal...although I don't really want Destiny 2 lol

Neither would I. Good first choice of PS4 games....the remake is gorgeous.

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

yeah, may as well take it though if youre getting a $30 game, can trade it in for a few bucks towards something at game stop

guessing youre getting the spiderman ps4 that comes out tomorrow?

#1244 5 years ago

yeah, may as well take it though if youre getting a $30 game, can trade it in for a few bucks towards something at game stop
guessing youre getting the spiderman ps4 that comes out tomorrow?

Yup, Spidey is the game that made me buckle...I loved the Spider-Man games on PS2 & 3, so I pre-ordered the Spidey Red PS4 Pro. This will be my first "skin 'n pores" game - I'll let it slide cuz it's Spidey hehehe.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Excellent choice, Shadow of the Colossus is an absolute masterpiece and this remake takes it to the next step, especially with how each colossi becomes more organic which in turn makes killing them even more emotional.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Excellent choice, Shadow of the Colossus is an absolute masterpiece and this remake takes it to the next step, especially with how each colossi becomes more organic which in turn makes killing them even more emotional.

I have the PS2 and PS3 versions, but never finished them! That will change now with this remake!

#1247 5 years ago

if you missed the first run of the Yooka-Laylee Limited Run Games collectors edition, the second batch goes on sale this afternoon, link shows count down.

first batch sold out in less than a minute, got in right away and scored one. The n64 cart is what sold the collectors edition for me.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-13-yooka-laylee-classic-edition-preorder

#1248 5 years ago

if you missed the first run of the Yooka-Laylee Limited Run Games collectors edition, the second batch goes on sale this afternoon, link shows count down.
first batch sold out in less than a minute, got in right away and scored one. The n64 cart is what sold the collectors edition for me.
https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/switch-limited-run-13-yooka-laylee-classic-edition-preorder

How much was it?

#1249 5 years ago

Eh, I'll wait till it's on the eShop for $10.

#1250 5 years ago

collectors is 75, normal edition is 50

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/25?hl=boslj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.