q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 89.
#1151 5 years ago

Best Buy has a bunch of Triple A Switch games on sale (mario,zelda,donkey kong, kirby etc), and if you still have gamer club rewards that stacks, so you can get some $60 games for $35.99

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Switch has a couple of amazing games. That's why I purchased it for my trip coming up; sadly I returned it. I felt like it was cheaply made & ran really hot. Went out & got a 3DS way better especially for it being less than half the price of the Switch. I'm much happier now & IMO God of War for PS4 is unbelievable & Spiderman for PS4 looks amazing. I love the nostalgia of Nintendo but I feel in recent years they rely more on gimmicks than actual a decent solid gaming console.

It's interesting how all tastes can be found. I finished God of War and found it to be a total piece of crap with battles that goes backward to everything the series stands for, a poor story filled with cliches and a pseudo life quest that forgot its brain on the way.

Overall it mostly looks like Cory Balrog spent too much time playing the Last of Us and thought Kratos should have a son to embark in what used to be an awesome brainless savage beat'em all that he turned into a "shoot I wanted to make a smart game and thought I could become the new Martin Scorsese by writing a 100 million dollar check".

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Switch has a couple of amazing games. That's why I purchased it for my trip coming up; sadly I returned it. I felt like it was cheaply made & ran really hot. Went out & got a 3DS way better especially for it being less than half the price of the Switch. I'm much happier now & IMO God of War for PS4 is unbelievable & Spiderman for PS4 looks amazing. I love the nostalgia of Nintendo but I feel in recent years they rely more on gimmicks than actual a decent solid gaming console.

You’re out of the club, traitor! Enjoy God of Pores & Mocap-Man! Your loss.

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re out of the club, traitor! Enjoy God of Pores & Mocap-Man! Your loss.

Who returns a Switch?! I’m contemplating buying another one (well for my son). The Switch actually got me back into playing some Wii/WiiU games I hadn’t finished....super sweet the WiiU plays every Wii game.

#1155 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I can related to this, I loved Zelda and Mario, played a little Mario Kart with the my kids. Other than that it collects dust. Hoping they can drop something this Xmas. I wish they hard hardware that could compete with the big boys, maybe get a little 3rd party support.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

k.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Diablo 3 almost conformed?! This year? Ugh I just fired Starcraft 2 back up on pc,...I’m back in blizzard Diablo/wc/sc love

SC2 is as good as it has ever been. I love the Co-op commander modes a lot. Blizzard is my favorite game company by far and I don't even play WoW

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can related to this, I loved Zelda and Mario, played a little Mario Kart with the my kids. Other than that it collects dust. Hoping they can drop something this Xmas. I wish they hard hardware that could compete with the big boys, maybe get a little 3rd party support.

There are over 900 games available on the switch now. It really doesn’t need to compete with a PS4. A few nintendo games, and hundreds of indies is all the switch needs. Triple A 3rd party games are just a bonus.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

There are over 900 games available on the switch now. It really doesn’t need to compete with a PS4. A few nintendo games, and hundreds of indies is all the switch needs. Triple A 3rd party games are just a bonus.

So many of those indies are already out and at a lower price. How many games are available on competing hardware? All 3rd party titles will be superior on other platforms. Is it so wrong to wish multi platform games were as good on Nintendo as they are on other platforms? I love Nintendo just wish they would get back in the game and out of this little niche market.

#1160 5 years ago

I really just want a better marketplace layout. I hate theres 900 games and I can only see like 30 without digging deep

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

So many of those indies are already out and at a lower price. How many games are available on competing hardware? All 3rd party titles will be superior on other platforms. Is it so wrong to wish multi platform games were as good on Nintendo as they are on other platforms? I love Nintendo just wish they would get back in the game and out of this little niche market.

If Nintendo hardware did the exact same thing Xbox & PS4 do, why would anyone want or need one? Nintendo stays relevant by offering something no one else does. Not everyone cares about specs. The games & system concept speak for themselves. People keep telling me how great other platforms look. Specs mean nothing when art direction is what I see as a player. All PS4 & Xbox games look like the same exact motion capture mannequins in realistic environments. That bores me. Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, ARMS...THAT’S playable art!

I’ve never bought indie games on other platforms. I have now bought a ton of them because I can take Switch with me and play anywhere. Plus, they feel “at home” on a Nintendo platform. I have like 65 games on my Switch. I never bought that many games for any previous platforms...and it’s only been a year and a half. Not only that, great games CAN can played again ya know. I put 180 hrs on Zelda & started again on the Master mode. I started Mario Odyssey over again, too. Why not? You don’t have to rush thru every game & never touch it again. Savor these works of art.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I really just want a better marketplace layout. I hate theres 900 games and I can only see like 30 without digging deep

I have a feeling we’ll see a major update in Sept. when the new online service goes live. They really do need to organize the store into genres and whatnot. They’ve heard the feedback. I think we’ll
see a nicely revamped store soon.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

SC2 is as good as it has ever been. I love the Co-op commander modes a lot. Blizzard is my favorite game company by far and I don't even play WoW

I really hope a war craft comes out or wc2 is remastered

I hope d3 sells like bonkers to prove blizzard should bring more games to switch!

Could you imagine a new lost Vikings game???

#1164 5 years ago

Quoted from northvibe:I really hope a war craft comes out or wc2 is remastered
I hope d3 sells like bonkers to prove blizzard should bring more games to switch!
Could you imagine a new lost Vikings game???

That and Blackthorne were the last two Blizzard games I played. I dunno what all this PC stuff is all about. Diablo what?

#1165 5 years ago

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That and Blackthorne were the last two Blizzard games I played. I dunno what all this PC stuff is all about. Diablo what

You missed out big time. SC2 was one of the best games in recent memory. Well worth the cash. Same for D3 and its expansion.

I'm waiting for another Warcraft 3 type game

#1167 5 years ago

I just preordered the flip grip, coming in november, can not wait to be playing pinball and shmups proper on the go!

I am stoked for Diablo as well.

*flip grip if you have not seen it
https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip

#1168 5 years ago

Bought a new surround sound system and found out that Fortnite doesn't have surround sound on the Switch (yet?) Grrrr. (And yes, I know some of you hate Fortnite but I've been playing it a lot lately.)

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is a portable system. It will never be as powerful as a PS4. It is different. For the full power systems, you have PS4 and xb1. Why would we need a third copy of those. The only things that I need a third system for are nintendo games and portable indies. The switch fills that need. I can just play the PS4 if I want the other games.

I wish the indies were the same price as they are on PS4. Those games are better for me on a portable system, so I pay the extra.

#1170 5 years ago

I'm down with the portability but the price is pretty rough, there are so many great handheld and mobile games that are dirt cheap. Pricing on Switch is pretty crazy what I want for my switch is big new Nintendo titles. Everything else is better and cheaper on other platforms. Octopath has me really tempted but $90 CDN for an old school RPG, I just can't do it. Metroid can't come soon enough.

The downside of the lesser horse power hardware is it creates a very real lack of interest on the development side.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm down with the portability but the price is pretty rough, there are so many great handheld and mobile games that are dirt cheap. Pricing on Switch is pretty crazy what I want for my switch is big new Nintendo titles. Everything else is better and cheaper on other platforms. Octopath has me really tempted but $90 CDN for an old school RPG, I just can't do it. Metroid can't come soon enough.
The downside of the lesser horse power hardware is it creates a very real lack of interest on the development side.

Octopath is amazing fwiw

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Octopath is amazing fwiw

As soon as it goes on sale or I can find it used I'll grab it. I have a long trip in Nov I'm sure I'll get my hands on it for the flights.

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They can't get out of their niche, the setback in creating strong characters, series that sells in dozens of millions is that there is very little room for third parties to hope getting some decent sales numbers against Nintendo home made games.
And at the same time Nintendo is trapped in their inhouse teams development capabilities, they just can't produce more games than what they do, and releasing more powerful hardware would require them to triple their dev team in order to produce games that match the hardware.

So they are actually right on the right spot, enough hardware power to deliver games people want, while still being sustainable from a cost standpoint.

Plus let's face it, no one makes games as good as Nintendo, they are the only one who manage to release sequels from series who are now more than 30 years old without ever sacrificing on quality. It's quite an achievement for what is still a small company compared to Sony or Microsoft.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

You missed out big time. SC2 was one of the best games in recent memory. Well worth the cash. Same for D3 and its expansion.

I didn’t miss out at all. I don’t like PC style games at all.

#1175 5 years ago

Not sure if this has already been talked about but I thought it was cool. Especially since I own a red tent.

https://tinyurl.com/ydf48yjn

thanks
Blake

red tent (resized).jpgred tent (resized).jpgred tent 1 (resized).jpgred tent 1 (resized).jpgred tent 2 (resized).jpgred tent 2 (resized).jpgred tent 3 (resized).jpgred tent 3 (resized).jpg
#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Not sure if this has already been talked about but I thought it was cool. Especially since I own a red tent.
https://tinyurl.com/ydf48yjn
thanks
Blake
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is kinda neat. I’m not sure it’s for me but I like the daddy version...is that the red tent?? I’ve never seen the cocktail-esque version like that before...really digging it.

#1177 5 years ago

I kind of hate the home and capture buttons being on the joy-cons when using them individually as a controller. Add a toddler into the mix for increased frustration!

I repurchased Mario Kart for the Switch. I bought another set of joy-cons for up to 4-player. My wife had read about the assist mode in the game for less experienced players and thought our 2-year-old daughter could feel included, but it's been miserable playing with her the couple of times we tried! If she ends up with the controller that has the capture button, she takes a million screenshots, and if she gets the controller that has the home button, she ends up halting the game a lot. And no matter what, even with the assist mode, she's always in dead last to the point that you're waiting forever for her to finish a race. I haven't figured out a way to turn a joy-con off and have it not affect an in-progress game. I think the best I can do if I don't actually want her playing is to hand her a controller from another system.

I HATE the capture button! I don't need it. I don't care about screen shots or videos. I wish there was a system setting to disable it altogether across all games.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That is kinda neat. I’m not sure it’s for me but I like the daddy version...is that the red tent?? I’ve never seen the cocktail-esque version like that before...really digging it.

Yea I picked mine (full size) up a couple years ago and me and my son (6) have really enjoyed it. Super Mario bros., castlevania are among our favorites. and Vs. Tennis gets a ton of play at parties.
Ive thought about getting the switch part as a conversation started but have not pulled the trigger yet. In reality I guess you would need two switches if you want it to look right (both sides). But it is cool and you can download old school games like SMB.

Thanks
Blake

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Yea I picked mine (full size) up a couple years ago and me and my son (6) have really enjoyed it. Super Mario bros., castlevania are among our favorites. and Vs. Tennis gets a ton of play at parties.
Ive thought about getting the switch part as a conversation started but have not pulled the trigger yet. In reality I guess you would need two switches if you want it to look right (both sides). But it is cool and you can download old school games like SMB.
Thanks
Blake

Wow that is effin cool...my 5 year old would have a blast on that. Can you pack all Nintendo’s games onto it or is it only certain titles? I’m sure these are seen very often for sale but I’ll kerp my eyes open for one. I have a NAMCO cocktail cab that gets a lot of play....the tent would fit right in.

#1180 5 years ago

used to have a red tent with a factory play choice 10 conversion on it, was pretty dope but they take up so much space, especially if you space it to have people play on each side.

#1181 5 years ago

Wow that is effin cool...my 5 year old would have a blast on that. Can you pack all Nintendo’s games onto it or is it only certain titles? I’m sure these are seen very often for sale but I’ll kerp my eyes open for one. I have a NAMCO cocktail cab that gets a lot of play....the tent would fit right in.

It plays all the same games as the upright Nintendo vs. cab, so there are quite a few. List in link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_VS._System

There are also some folks that are adapting it to play NES games. There is a list of current available working roms online too. Many are still being reverse engineered as there are security chips for each game. Cool stuff for sure.

Thanks
Blake

#1182 5 years ago

used to have a red tent with a factory play choice 10 conversion on it, was pretty dope but they take up so much space, especially if you space it to have people play on each side.

Yes you really have to have a dedicated cocktail type space for them. Ares is tucked into a corner and pulled out when my son wants to play or during parties. you can put nice locking rollers on them which makes moving it a breeze.

thanks
Blake

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Ares is tucked into a corner and pulled out when my son wants to play or during parties.

Who is Ares?

#1184 5 years ago

lol i guess i meant ours. let that vt accent get the best of me.

thanks
Blake

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

SC2 is free to play now. I think the entire Wings of Liberty campaign is free. If you of you haven't played it you should.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

SC2 is free to play now. I think the entire Wings of Liberty campaign is free. If you of you haven't played it you should.

Non hd sc1 is free and Terran sc2 online/campaign ya! My coworkers all got the free sc2, and we play on lunch break.

I never played diablo 3 on console, I hope it isn’t to hard to control?

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Non hd sc1 is free and Terran sc2 online/campaign ya! My coworkers all got the free sc2, and we play on lunch break.
I never played diablo 3 on console, I hope it isn’t to hard to control?

it takes some getting used to but works well enough.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

it takes some getting used to but works well enough.

Great! Three of us at my office are planning to get it, so we should have some fun I love the 4 player on 1 console or 4 local lan. So awesome.

#1189 5 years ago

Who returns a Switch?! I’m contemplating buying another one (well for my son). The Switch actually got me back into playing some Wii/WiiU games I hadn’t finished....super sweet the WiiU plays every Wii game.

I've also bought a WiiU after the Switch - StarFoxZero controls are little bit mental, but the game is great!

#1190 5 years ago

Just a heads up, Dead Cells for the Switch is now out and has been getting stellar reviews! I'm going to buy it on the eShop this evening.

"Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat."

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dead-cells

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up, Dead Cells for the Switch is now out and has been getting stellar reviews! I'm going to buy it on the eShop this evening.
"Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat."
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dead-cells

Physical comes out the 21st (according to Best buy) for those interested in a hard copy

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I've also bought a WiiU after the Switch - StarFoxZero controls are little bit mental, but the game is great!

I didn’t buy the WiiU after the Switch....but having the Switch made me get back into playing it! I had a copy of Toad Treasure Tracker that I hadn’t even opened up until a few weeks ago and am having a lot of fun with. Even bought a few Wii games to add to the library.

Physical comes out the 21st (according to Best buy) for those interested in a hard copy

I’ve had my preorder from Amazon for a couple days now...working on Cursed Moon currently than I’m pumping up the Dead Cells!!

#1193 5 years ago

Amazon has slowly been whittling away the rewards for prime on video games. latest news is no longer 20% off preorders but $10 off select games. def not renewing my prime when it comes up.

Per IGN:
"Amazon Prime's 20% off Preorder Discount Ends August 28

Yes, very sad news indeed for us gamers who want to play games on launch day! Instead, Amazon will offer a $10 discount on "select" game preorders.

If you've had your eye on any preorders that are currently eligible for the 20% discount, place your order by August 28. Your order won't be charged until the game ships and you can cancel anytime. If you don't put in the preorder now, you won't save as much down the road."

#1194 5 years ago

Amazon has slowly been whittling away the rewards for prime on video games. latest news is no longer 20% off preorders but $10 off select games. def not renewing my prime when it comes up.
Per IGN:
"Amazon Prime's 20% off Preorder Discount Ends August 28
Yes, very sad news indeed for us gamers who want to play games on launch day! Instead, Amazon will offer a $10 discount on "select" game preorders.
If you've had your eye on any preorders that are currently eligible for the 20% discount, place your order by August 28. Your order won't be charged until the game ships and you can cancel anytime. If you don't put in the preorder now, you won't save as much down the road."

If the game is $50 or under you’lol be coming out the same or even better. The rub is going to be which *selected titles* qualify.

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

If the game is $50 or under you’lol be coming out the same or even better. The rub is going to be which *selected titles* qualify.

Yeah I got an actual email from amazon stating the change...it’s roughly the same rebate although I like the cash savings better than the $10 amazon credit.

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

they have slowly been taking away things.

was 20% off preorders and two weeks after launch then just pre orders
used to work on collector/special editions then they took it away
used to work on things like amiibos then they took it away

luckily still have a year left on best buy gamer rewards which is 20% new games every day even ontop of any sale.

the "select games" things means they arent gonna give you a sweet deal on a cheaper game imo. all new major releases are $60 out of the gate fwiw

#1197 5 years ago

The Amazon discount was what was keeping me from going mostly digital....I might just go that route from now on with certain games (if I know they’ll be keepers).

#1198 5 years ago

Offically have unlocked all secret job classes in octopath!

#1199 5 years ago

Yoku’s Island Express is on sale on the eShop for $11.99!!! Sweeeeet!!!

#1200 5 years ago

dead cells is hella good

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.