q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 89.
#1051 5 years ago

I had Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker show up today. Very charming puzzle type game. I like it.

#1052 5 years ago

I downloaded the Toad's Treasure demo and really liked it. I plan to purchase it tomorrow.

#1053 5 years ago

I have a Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy that I would let go. $30 shipped. Like new.

#1054 5 years ago

I've put on about 6 hours into Octopath Traveler, in addition to the 3 hours from the Demo, and if you're a fan of JRPGs, this is a must have. The battle system as awesome! It's not just mash the X button over and over again until you get through the fight. Each fight actually takes thought (with the Break system) and the visuals are some of the best 2.5D pixel art out there. There's also each character's unique action that they can take in the world map when talking to NPCs. This makes for some thought with who to put in your 4 character party to help you with each town map and the side missions available. There's also a Job system that I haven't even unlocked yet! I'm currently working on collecting my last character so I'm not sure if that's when it opens up the Job system. Lastly, one of the reviewers (I think it was IGN) said he's put in 55+ hours, and there are STILL some fights that kick his ass!

Highly recommended! I haven't played a good JRPG in I dont know how long!

#1055 5 years ago

I preordered my copy of Octopath and my copy got pushed back to the beginning of August on Amazon.

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I preordered my copy of Octopath and my copy got pushed back to the beginning of August on Amazon.

I noticed mine got pushed back a couple days before launch. So, Friday morning on the way to work I stopped into a Wal-Mart and they had 7 copies. I picked one up and then canceled my Amazon order once I got to work. They don't charge until the item ships so it was no hassle. Amazon has been missing with the release date shipping lately. I don't think I'm going to preorder from them anymore.

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I noticed mine got pushed back a couple days before launch. So, Friday morning on the way to work I stopped into a Wal-Mart and they had 7 copies. I picked one up and then canceled my Amazon order once I got to work. They don't charge until the item ships so it was no hassle. Amazon has been missing with the release date shipping lately. I don't think I'm going to preorder from them anymore.

Ya I could of gone elsewhere but ima prime member and save 20%. Soooo I’ll wait....have plenty to keep me busy so not a biggee.

#1058 5 years ago

Amazon did the same to my yokus island so I cancelled and picked up at Best buy and still get the 20% with the games club (rip)

Pre-ordered the collectors edition and it arrived on launch day from best buy

It's really good, today was the first I got to play and played about 4 hours so far, really digging it

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Amazon did the same to my yokus island so I cancelled and picked up at Best buy and still get the 20% with the games club (rip)
Pre-ordered the collectors edition and it arrived on launch day from best buy
It's really good, today was the first I got to play and played about 4 hours so far, really digging it

Great game!! I have the digital version...I didn’t 100% it but almost there. I gotta get that done.

#1061 5 years ago

Hey guys, just found this thread.. Had a switch since the day splatoon 2 came out. Planning on picking up Octopath and Capt toad this week along with hollow knight, and maybe a couple Shmups.

I currently have Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Arms, and then a few indies like NBA playground, Fortnite and Golf Story. Ill post my friend code later, need more friends on here.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Ill post my friend code later, need more friends on here.

Boooyah! Let’s splat! Over 400 hours on Splatoon 2 and I had a new first today - I took out an entire team simultaneously with a Rainmaker explosion!!!

#1063 5 years ago

Wow. A good problem for them I guess. I preordered on Amazon and got it on release day. I preordered back in March?? Not sure if they do it by date or how they determine who gets a copy and who doesn't. Maybe I'm a lucky one

#1064 5 years ago

anyone want a sealed copy of wayfarer's edition of octopath traveler? I forgot that I had ordered them from amazon and gamestop so I've got an extra. the outer box has a slight ding in the upper corner where the switch logo is printed

$106 plus shipping (same as what I paid for it
pm me for details

edit: SOLD!

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

anyone want a sealed copy of wayfarer's edition of octopath traveler? I forgot that I had ordered them from amazon and gamestop so I've got an extra. the outer box has a slight ding in the upper corner where the switch logo is printed
$106 plus shipping (same as what I paid for it
pm me for details

Great deal for someone, scalpers charging way more

#1066 5 years ago

Friend code is SW-5177-4301-7526

Hit me up!!

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Wow. A good problem for them I guess. I preordered on Amazon and got it on release day. I preordered back in March?? Not sure if they do it by date or how they determine who gets a copy and who doesn't. Maybe I'm a lucky one

I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's definitely not by when you order it. Because I preordered as soon as the link was up. I was hitting refresh waiting for it to pop because I was going to get the wayfairer's edition. Ended up going standard. I think it depends on where you are in relation to the distribution centers which are carrying the item. I don't have Prime, but I have ordered several games standard and gotten them on release day. but for the last 3 releases I've preordered, I'm 0/3 getting them on time. For the first 2, at least they were in transit by release day. Not so much for Octopath.

#1068 5 years ago

Sonic mania physical edition showed up today, too much awesome on the switch. My fav console since snes

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Friend code is SW-5177-4301-7526
Hit me up!!

I sent you one

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Sonic mania physical edition showed up today, too much awesome on the switch. My fav console since snes

I already had it digital (since it was digital only grumble grumble) ...so I just bought the $5 upgrade to Plus. I was surprised the icon didn’t change. Slime-San has had a new icon every time it got an update. When you put in the Sonic cart, does the icon say Sonic Mania or Sonic Mania Plus?

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's definitely not by when you order it. Because I preordered as soon as the link was up. I was hitting refresh waiting for it to pop because I was going to get the wayfairer's edition. Ended up going standard. I think it depends on where you are in relation to the distribution centers which are carrying the item. I don't have Prime, but I have ordered several games standard and gotten them on release day. but for the last 3 releases I've preordered, I'm 0/3 getting them on time. For the first 2, at least they were in transit by release day. Not so much for Octopath.

It might have been because you're not Prime? I'm a Prime member and there is a distribution warehouse less than 2 hrs away from me, so it might be a combination of both. Plus it sounds like there was a shortage at brick n' mortar stores too.

I typically dont pre order games and usually wait for reviews to come out before buying but the demos for this were so good and I love the fact that they took feedback from their first demo to make improvements.

Seems like the wait is only a couple weeks so that's not too bad at least.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It might have been because you're not Prime? I'm a Prime member and there is a distribution warehouse less than 2 hrs away from me, so it might be a combination of both. Plus it sounds like there was a shortage at brick n' mortar stores too.
I typically dont pre order games and usually wait for reviews to come out before buying but the demos for this were so good and I love the fact that they took feedback from their first demo to make improvements.
Seems like the wait is only a couple weeks so that's not too bad at least.

The thing is I've never had prime and have gotten other pre-orders on release day. I didn't write anything down to double check, but I believe for the last 3 they have been missing release by a larger margin each time.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I already had it digital (since it was digital only grumble grumble) ...so I just bought the $5 upgrade to Plus. I was surprised the icon didn’t change. Slime-San has had a new icon every time it got an update. When you put in the Sonic cart, does the icon say Sonic Mania or Sonic Mania Plus?

Icon on switch just says Sonic Mania.

Here are some pics of what the physical looks like and comes with , has an art book and a reversible cover for retro style art

20180718_072147 (resized).jpg20180718_072147 (resized).jpg
20180718_072213 (resized).jpg20180718_072213 (resized).jpg
20180718_072302 (resized).jpg20180718_072302 (resized).jpg
20180718_072311 (resized).jpg20180718_072311 (resized).jpg

#1074 5 years ago

Just bought the wife a Switch. She’s pumped. I am sure I will play too. Lol.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1075 5 years ago

apparently, over the weekend there was some deal on target.com where if you purchased a switch console, everything else in your basket was 50% off. it had something to do with coupon stacking

someone showed their receipt where they were able to get a 2nd switch console 50% off and another person was able to purchase a 4K television half off as well

#1076 5 years ago

The Zaccaria Pinball app is available on the Nintendo Switch store. It operates similarly to TPA, where you get one game free, but can sample any of the available games up to a point limit. Some interesting pins. I had not seem many (or any really) of these machines at all. Physics are ok. I would say TPA is a step better.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The Zaccaria Pinball app is available on the Nintendo Switch store. It operates similarly to TPA, where you get one game free, but can sample any of the available games up to a point limit. Some interesting pins. I had not seem many (or any really) of these machines at all. Physics are ok. I would say TPA is a step better.

Do I have to buy a subscription again? I have it on Steam already.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The interesting thing for me about the Zaccaria app is that there are “update” DMD-ified versions of a bunch of games. Thankfully there are demos of every game to try. Frame rate is a bit iffy tho - if they can get it to 60fps like TPA & Zen, it might be worth buying some tables.

#1079 5 years ago

I'm at 24 hours on Octopath Traveller in 4 days, it's not obsessional yet but getting close to it ! That's where the Switch is a fantastic system, Octopath follows me to my couch, to bed, to the bathroom and to "work" (can't say I've done much of that this week!).

It's nothing short from a masterpiece RPG, a tribute to the golden era of the 16 bits machine, while bringing some new and thrilling ideas to the table.

Definitely my killer title of the Switch so far, and of the year all together.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm at 24 hours on Octopath Traveller in 4 days, it's not obsessional yet but getting close to it ! That's where the Switch is a fantastic system, Octopath follows me to my couch, to bed, to the bathroom and to "work" (can't say I've done much of that this week!).
It's nothing short from a masterpiece RPG, a tribute to the golden era of the 16 bits machine, while bringing some new and thrilling ideas to the table.

yeah, i havent had much free time to get into it, about 10 hours in, but love it. Gonna play it on the flight to pinburgh for sure. Glad i scored a collectors edition!

#1081 5 years ago

I preordered through prime and got some silly long delay but I received Yokus island express a day before pintastic... I was able to complete it 100% but the game could use some tweeks with the map and maybe an objectives list. Overall lots of fun and I hope they make a follow up with bigger boss battles etc! I’m about to wrap up the toad treasure hunter game soon. Also a lot of fun but is getting ridiculous in terms of difficulty. Mario odyssey was the same way though.

Any word on Stern pinball arcade updates? I’m looking forward to some new games on there.

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The first boss fight that I'm encountering after collecting all of my members is *killing* me. It's Omar on Tressa's first main quest. I went at it for a good hour before he buffed and wiped out my team in consecutive 2 attacks! Even after grinding up to lvl 25 or so (recommended lvl 18 or something, right....), he's still giving me a hard time. I'm going to have to try Cyrus's quest again in the same town...I've never had an RPG kick my ass this bad since FFVII Ruby/Emerald Weapon fights!

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The first boss fight that I'm encountering after collecting all of my members is *killing* me. It's Omar on Tressa's first main quest. I went at it for a good hour before he buffed and wiped out my team in consecutive 2 attacks! Even after grinding up to lvl 25 or so (recommended lvl 18 or something, right....), he's still giving me a hard time. I'm going to have to try Cyrus's quest again in the same town...I've never had an RPG kick my ass this bad since FFVII Ruby/Emerald Weapon fights!

This game definitely relies on good strategy around the break and boost mechanics. I am about 12 hours in and just collected all 8 travelers. I know that's a slow pace, but I like to explore and talk to everyone. I've run into a couple caves and enemies that just destroyed me. I had a good plan, just couldn't get the breaks fast enough. I'm starting to think I need to make a run on the shrines and get everyone a subjob before moving on to anyone's Chapter 2. That way I won't run into encounters where one or 2 members are worthless.

#1084 5 years ago

Played DKC Tropical Freeze over vacation last week. Finished to the final boss but missed a couple secrets for a 76% completion. Was a very fun playthrough. Put in probably 15 hours, rough guess, and it never got old. Keeps kicking ass and giving fun levels right to the final boss. The music, level design, and visuals are really top notch. I'm glad I got the chance to play it, despite the "high" price.

Actually had an easier time completing this than DKC Returns 3D. Tropical Freeze was a tough game no doubt, but DKC Returns was an extra edge harder for me.

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

This game definitely relies on good strategy around the break and boost mechanics. I am about 12 hours in and just collected all 8 travelers. I know that's a slow pace, but I like to explore and talk to everyone. I've run into a couple caves and enemies that just destroyed me. I had a good plan, just couldn't get the breaks fast enough. I'm starting to think I need to make a run on the shrines and get everyone a subjob before moving on to anyone's Chapter 2. That way I won't run into encounters where one or 2 members are worthless.

That was my next plan. This way you get more XP, get at least all of your primary skills, better equipment, then work on at least some of your subjob skills. But man, its decieving when it says recommended level X and you completely get your ass handed to you! Each fight takes several minutes with actual thought, so it's not like the old days where you can just mash the Confirm button. Such a great game. I wish I had more time!

Have you noticed if enemies scaled up with your levels?

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That was my next plan. This way you get more XP, get at least all of your primary skills, better equipment, then work on at least some of your subjob skills. But man, its decieving when it says recommended level X and you completely get your ass handed to you! Each fight takes several minutes with actual thought, so it's not like the old days where you can just mash the Confirm button. Such a great game. I wish I had more time!
Have you noticed if enemies scaled up with your levels?

Not really. I travel around the main paths (Danger level 11) pretty carefree now that most of my party is near level 20. I have been grinding in a cave that is danger level 20 and I am 21(Therion), 19(Cyrus), 16(Ophelia), 14(H'annit). When I started, H'annit was level 11 or 12. The fights are tough, but very manageable and getting a lot easier. However, the boss destroys me.

I think the scaling only applied to everyone's Chapter 1 and was based on how many people you had in your party, not your party level.

#1087 5 years ago

Use primrose to boost atk power and use 3 BP atks with obleric boosted. Also keep a good healer in your party. I use oplelia and use BP and heal more to heal my party. Also with primrose you can put haste on Ophelia.

#1088 5 years ago

Therion is good to have for boss fights as well as he can lower atk power and lower armor strengh.

#1089 5 years ago

I have H'annit, Ophelia, Tressa, and Olberic.

Tressa's boosted dodge skill is a lifesaver, Olberic is my heavy hitter, Ophelia is my healer. H'annit was my primary character, so I've just kept her around for her Beast Lore. i would need to level up my other characters as they are lvl 12+ only.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I started spending all my money on weapons, then realized direct attacks (as in weapon with attack commands) are not what takes down bosses, Cyrus does heavy damages with magic once boosted at Max. So I end up spending most of my money on defense gear and use base weapons to break ennemies then all out on anyone with magic.

Also make sure you upgrade your skills, it brings powerful magic and strong attacks, I totally forgot about doing that while gathering the 8 characters, so I got thousands of points to use at once which make combats way easier.

I haven't been stuck on any boss so far, and come with at least one character at the minimum level shown but when I feel combat is too unbalanced I stop the quest and come back with the proper people or go on another quest to do some grinding.

My base team is Olberic, Cyrus and Ha'anit, the 4th spot goes to whoever quest I take. Otherwise I keep Ophilia to heal, although healing items are not too expensive to buy. Another thing is to take the time to complete side quests they reward you with some great gear and use Therion's steal to get some good healing items.

Boss fights are epic, but there's a clear shift in difficuluty between the first part of gathering the team and what comes next. I just love this game, and definitely aim at a 100% completion

#1091 5 years ago

Damn i guess im buying octopath. I love the final fantasy series so im sure imma love this. I still want hollow knight. I need more time in the day.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I started spending all my money on weapons, then realized direct attacks (as in weapon with attack commands) are not what takes down bosses, Cyrus does heavy damages with magic once boosted at Max. So I end up spending most of my money on defense gear and use base weapons to break ennemies then all out on anyone with magic.
Also make sure you upgrade your skills, it brings powerful magic and strong attacks, I totally forgot about doing that while gathering the 8 characters, so I got thousands of points to use at once which make combats way easier.
I haven't been stuck on any boss so far, and come with at least one character at the minimum level shown but when I feel combat is too unbalanced I stop the quest and come back with the proper people or go on another quest to do some grinding.
My base team is Olberic, Cyrus and Ha'anit, the 4th spot goes to whoever quest I take. Otherwise I keep Ophilia to heal, although healing items are not too expensive to buy. Another thing is to take the time to complete side quests they reward you with some great gear and use Therion's steal to get some good healing items.
Boss fights are epic, but there's a clear shift in difficuluty between the first part of gathering the team and what comes next. I just love this game, and definitely aim at a 100% completion

Yeah, I've been checking my skills menu regularly to make sure I can learn new skills when I have the points.

I'm having a hard time understanding the side quests! I think I've completed one by beating them up with H'annit's skill because he kept bothering another NPC or something like that, but otherwise, I've been largely ignoring side quests since they've all been kind of vague on what to do.

#1093 5 years ago

Paladins is now FREE on switch!!!

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Paladins is now FREE on switch!!!

Downloaded it, played it, hated it, deleted it.

Back to Splatoon! Lol

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah, I've been checking my skills menu regularly to make sure I can learn new skills when I have the points.
I'm having a hard time understanding the side quests! I think I've completed one by beating them up with H'annit's skill because he kept bothering another NPC or something like that, but otherwise, I've been largely ignoring side quests since they've all been kind of vague on what to do.

One of the things about side-quests is there isn't a lot of hand-holding. At least not the ones available immediately after chapter one. You het a journal entry to know it's important and that's about it. So far, I have managed to find the solution to most in that same town or in the near surrounding areas. Occasionally, travel to another town is required, but directions have been clear in that regard.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

One of the things about side-quests is there isn't a lot of hand-holding. At least not the ones available immediately after chapter one. You het a journal entry to know it's important and that's about it. So far, I have managed to find the solution to most in that same town or in the near surrounding areas. Occasionally, travel to another town is required, but directions have been clear in that regard.

Yes, no spoilers please! lol

I like figuring things out, so I'll have to keep this in mind while I'm traveling around. Good to know that most sidequests can be completed within the town that they're in. I'm assuming having certain characters in your party so you can perform their specialized action is important for at least some of them. I think my next goal will be to travel around and find all of the sub-jobs. I will tuck my tail between my legs *yet again* and I'll have to revisit Omar and his gang when I'm a bit stronger.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes, no spoilers please! lol
I like figuring things out, so I'll have to keep this in mind while I'm traveling around. Good to know that most sidequests can be completed within the town that they're in. I'm assuming having certain characters in your party so you can perform their specialized action is important for at least some of them. I think my next goal will be to travel around and find all of the sub-jobs. I will tuck my tail between my legs *yet again* and I'll have to revisit Omar and his gang when I'm a bit stronger.

Leveling up to be able to take on a boss is a JRPG requirement. No shame in strengthening your sword arm a bit before butting heads with Mr. Bad Guy.

#1098 5 years ago

Stuck on 95% Yoku's Island?
Only thing I see that I need is some wickerlings ( 5 to go ) 1 seen, 4 hidden and what is the go with the Crimson Quest.
The room holding the spirits number increases every time I get nailed by a thorn.
Currently at 200? Am I missing something here?
Any help is a good help.

1 week later
#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I usually don't go for third party peripherals, but does anyone have a good alternative to the Pro controller? I can't justify the $65 price tag on those puppies.

I'm a bit late to the party but there is an official Nintendo wired controller that is about a third of the price. It doesn't have motion control though.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm a bit late to the party but there is an official Nintendo wired controller that is about a third of the price. It doesn't have motion control though.

Negative. Only the pro controller. There are licensed wires controllers though.

BUT spawnwave didna review of this eee knock off pro controller and liked it for the price. My friend Ordo also got one and said it was good for the price. It literally is a knocked off xbox1 controller.

EEEKit Wireless Pro Gaming Controller Gamepad Joypad Remote for Nintendo Switch Console https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PRCXNZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_x4dzBb80FAE34

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/22?hl=boslj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.